Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

My Experience With Special Anti Robberry Squad Awkuzu - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Experience With Special Anti Robberry Squad Awkuzu (38439 Views)

Greenlanders Cult Leader And His Squad Killed With Their Charms In Rivers.Photos / Public Execution By Firing Squad In Lagos, July 1, 1995 (Throwback Photos) / My Experience With Last Chance People Yesterday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With Special Anti Robberry Squad Awkuzu by kaziblake(f): 8:47am On Aug 20, 2015
Dey are very wicked,last week dey arrested my neighbour 14yrs old son for watching people play gamble and took him to cell,after his mother pleaded and cried dey released him around 4am but collected 15k for a minor

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Special Anti Robberry Squad Awkuzu by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 8:48am On Aug 20, 2015
My question is, where are those people (sars) from? I mean, what tribe are they?

Most of those guys look like criminals due to the way they dress. Very dangerous set of humans.
Re: My Experience With Special Anti Robberry Squad Awkuzu by Lobolintin(m): 8:48am On Aug 20, 2015
I have a little rift with them once... But after proper introduction and phonetics .... with small tears I was let off.. Without them arresting me .. Since then , I dint pray to have dealings with them again ....

They are good men doing their jobs, but there is but ........

I won't say more than this
Re: My Experience With Special Anti Robberry Squad Awkuzu by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 20, 2015
SmartMugu:

Do these really happen or they are made up stories? If they do, is that in just one jurisdiction or its everywhere SARS operate in Nigeria?

I don't know for everywhere, but I know it happens at sARS awkuzu in anambra state. I am 100% sure about that
Re: My Experience With Special Anti Robberry Squad Awkuzu by kingthreat(m): 8:51am On Aug 20, 2015
We need to find a way to fight this injustice. Since there are this many victims both online and offline, I think it is good there is a movement that protests in both government houses in Awka, Onitsha and Abuja on this issue. The problem of Nigeria is that no one wants to take time to fight for his/her rights. We dont want to inconvenience ourselves for justice. Well, Fela talk am.
Re: My Experience With Special Anti Robberry Squad Awkuzu by daddyiel(m): 8:53am On Aug 20, 2015
Sars awkuzu is worse... Someone should create a hastag #onlyinSARSawkuzuAnambra for people to share there experience on Twitter
Re: My Experience With Special Anti Robberry Squad Awkuzu by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 20, 2015
2sex:
simple sense u no get

Lmao! Sweetie plenty mumu full nairaland o. cheesy
Re: My Experience With Special Anti Robberry Squad Awkuzu by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 20, 2015
The worst thing that can happen to any government is the masses fighting the government
Re: My Experience With Special Anti Robberry Squad Awkuzu by holluwai(m): 8:55am On Aug 20, 2015
There is a police portal where cases like this can be reported.

http://stopthebribes.net
Re: My Experience With Special Anti Robberry Squad Awkuzu by SmartMugu: 8:55am On Aug 20, 2015
itstorekeeper:
Your experience is little compared with what is happening there. Awkuzu Sacrima as it is called slangly in Anambra is another hell on earth. You were right, they have five cells, designated respectively according to your purported crime. The kind of torture, inhumanity and intimidation meted on inmates are immeasurable. They have many sections of torture, one is called hanging- the inmate will be tied on the leg and hands stretched backwards, then they will hang the inmate on a two standing pole like a goat. Men, even if you did not commit the crime, you will admit just to be laid down. The other one is called turnaround. With this, they will tie their victim on a ceiling fan, switch it on randomly on escalation till the person confesses or should I say admit to what he did not do. The third one looks simple but it is the deadliest- here they will tie your hands with rubber cut out from worn out tube, from your armpit till your fingers. One hardly lasts in this method longer than 15 minutes without suffocating. Another one is called talk true- here they will insert spoke, needle or broom stick in their victim's penis and trod till he confesses or rather admits wrongly. I wonder why the government gave them this kind of authority to treat and torture people at will without questions. This inhumanity has to be checked or we are years back towards the realization of a true democratic nation.
All these will never happen in developed countries. You should have a right to request video/audio recordings of you being interrogated. In all the cases u cited, that is complete turture. International communities frown hard against that sort of treatment. No wonder amnesty international gave negative remarks about Nigerian forces. Why should people be treated like aliens in their own land?

4 Likes

Re: My Experience With Special Anti Robberry Squad Awkuzu by akpanikpe(m): 8:55am On Aug 20, 2015
2sex:
simple sense u no get
You wey borrow, I pray you get your own soon.
Re: My Experience With Special Anti Robberry Squad Awkuzu by Johnrake69: 8:57am On Aug 20, 2015
daddyiel:
Sars awkuzu is worse... Someone should create a hastag #onlyinSARSawkuzuAnambra for people to share there experience on Twitter

Please we shouldnt just limit it to Sars awkuzu anambra. The one in Lagos is nothing better. Thats how they operate everywhere. #OnlyinSARS
Re: My Experience With Special Anti Robberry Squad Awkuzu by Kswiss001(m): 8:57am On Aug 20, 2015
Re: My Experience With Special Anti Robberry Squad Awkuzu by akpanikpe(m): 8:58am On Aug 20, 2015
HomoSapiien:

SMH. Why am I reasoning like a goat for goodness sake? With the story narrated so far you still expect him to confront them about what they wrote has his bail?
Eyahh so u are a goat? I should have knwn before quoating you.
Re: My Experience With Special Anti Robberry Squad Awkuzu by chrischukszy01(m): 8:59am On Aug 20, 2015
Yeah our nigeria police is full of shit they go about arresting innocent ones while d real criminal are on the street parading. inside last month I fell a victim 2 d sole called SARS I was arrested for a crime I didn't commit. I was walking by looking for where to eat that was how they grab me and tried to handcuff me! I was so so surprise the only thing that kept coming from me was what did I do!what did I do!! But thank God I was later release.
Re: My Experience With Special Anti Robberry Squad Awkuzu by dlux: 9:00am On Aug 20, 2015
When we have half trained personnels as police men, admitting touts into the force & not sending them for special duties like Boko Haram issue. This is what we get
Re: My Experience With Special Anti Robberry Squad Awkuzu by llaykorn: 9:00am On Aug 20, 2015
GudluckIBB:
The people playing the match are enjoying their money and you went to cell for watching them.

Unfortunately they don't even know you and they don't even give a damn wether you were locked up or not.

People take this football thing to the next level.
Make una dey use una head.

You have problems. Do you know that? Folks are here complaining about police brutality and all your rants can do is to lay blames on people who decide to watch football for leisure? You must be a policeman, a member of the said squad sef. undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Special Anti Robberry Squad Awkuzu by cool318(m): 9:03am On Aug 20, 2015
Their characters reeks more of Criminals than Law enforcement agents. They wear only Polo, attach/clip about 3- 4magazines on a single AK47,Why not deploy them to SAMBISA since they are combat ready than to be harrassing Innocent tax payers. cant Nigeria have a more decent &responsible force to fight crime than these TOUTS.

5 Likes

Re: My Experience With Special Anti Robberry Squad Awkuzu by Johnrake69: 9:03am On Aug 20, 2015
chrischukszy01:
Yeah our nigeria police is full of shit they go about arresting innocent ones while d real criminal are on the street parading. inside last month I fell a victim 2 d sole called SARS I was arrested for a crime I didn't commit. I was walking by looking for where to eat that was how they grab me and tried to handcuff me! I was so so surprise the only thing that kept coming from me was what did I do!what did I do!! But thank God I was later release.

Please lets use this hashtag #OnlyinSARS to share our stories on twitter. This evil must stop

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Experience With Special Anti Robberry Squad Awkuzu by CharlieMaria(m): 9:05am On Aug 20, 2015
#BuharicloseAwkuzuSARS, investigate and prosecute them. They are satanic.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Special Anti Robberry Squad Awkuzu by Brineharry: 9:06am On Aug 20, 2015
Is time to put a stop to all these inhumane treatments by the NPF. d op can complain on police diary a programe by the NPF aired on radio nigeria tues 8.30am nd thus 2.30pm. May God save us all from sars tyranny
Re: My Experience With Special Anti Robberry Squad Awkuzu by Johnrake69: 9:06am On Aug 20, 2015
kaziblake:
Dey are very wicked,last week dey arrested my neighbour 14yrs old son for watching people play gamble and took him to cell,after his mother pleaded and cried dey released him around 4am but collected 15k for a minor

Please lets use this hashtag #OnlyinSARS to share our stories on twitter.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Special Anti Robberry Squad Awkuzu by fabulous01(m): 9:09am On Aug 20, 2015
hollypagan:
Write to governor ,not to us
Until you fall Prey!
Re: My Experience With Special Anti Robberry Squad Awkuzu by HomoSapiien: 9:09am On Aug 20, 2015
akpanikpe:

Eyahh so u are a goat? I should have knwn before quoating you.

StupĂ­d illiterate. You can't even type in plain and simple english yet you can critize the poster for not attacking the evil officers that almost murdered him. Typical yibboo flat head fool. undecided
Re: My Experience With Special Anti Robberry Squad Awkuzu by Johnrake69: 9:09am On Aug 20, 2015
SirBlack999:
ThankGod u are alive,here in onitsha,we prefer Army to handle you than that sars awkuzu.
My friend who has been there told me,that no matter what,i shouldn't be praying of entering dat place,his pubic(p*nis) hairs were pulled out one by one as a form of touch.
ThankGod the Op has confirmed the human parts selling cus that rumour has been going around in my neighbourhood since ages.
Last year,a boy and his family went for thanksgiving in a church when he was released.

Please lets use this hashtag #OnlyinSARS to share our stories on twitter. Thanks
Re: My Experience With Special Anti Robberry Squad Awkuzu by Holluwatarhyor(m): 9:10am On Aug 20, 2015
Stupid bastards..armed robbers they can't face,na to dey challenge innocent citizens,I so much love the military,they are so disciplined compared to these beasts.
Re: My Experience With Special Anti Robberry Squad Awkuzu by tellwisdom: 9:10am On Aug 20, 2015
centjamie:

You are a very big fool for asking such asinine question.

Otele nne gi. undecided
Re: My Experience With Special Anti Robberry Squad Awkuzu by Johnrake69: 9:10am On Aug 20, 2015
daddyiel:
Nigerian police/ Human rights should as matter of urgency look into the activities of SARS Owkuzu, we see similar stories and experiences everyday, in one case It was at one of the Hotel/viewing center in college of Education Nsugbe, they arrested more than 80 people there, they came with about six buses and they took people's car from the place, they where all bailed with 30k each, a neighbor in the market his brother went to visit their eldest brother, that night SARS rounded up every man in the compound (they said they were looking for the landlord's Son) after all stories most men where bail with 55k, about four of them were detained longer, 3days later to their greatest suprise they tagged them kidnappers, after Alot of investigation by the family they found that the police men brought 2 poeple from where they call dark cell and instruct them point does men so as to reduce their bail prices from million to a few hundreds of thousand, the young man ended spending two months there and one month in prison till date that young has lost sanity, they transferred him to prison because the family has long legs(imagine those that have noone) if you listen to his story while in SARS u will shade tears, he said people die like chickens, the police officers feel like gods, untouchable and unchallengable, Government should checkmate their activities once in a while(they are probably keep the streets safe) buh in total honesty, maybe private firms/human rights should their activities , ask anybody that lives around Obosi, Onitsha, Nkpor, Ogidi, Awka and environs. A young man spent 4 months there because someone borrowed his phone to activate a sim card at a sim registration center, it took prayers and hundreds of thousands to bail him even as the police has already known the truth two weeks into the case. SARS Owkuzu is hell he said people live every minute there as if it's there last because people kept disappearing without record, they kept doing undertakers Jobs, they have a shrine(blood thirsty) and native doctor there, there best way of investigation is to bring people out from cells and force/pressure them with threats of killing/soft landing no matter their case to point fingers or call names guilty or innocent, I keep wondering why government gave them the kind of liberty they enjoy, the least of them is a landlord, driving flashy and living extravagant life.
@op thank your God they didn't switch you with a criminal set them free while u languish there for a crime u never thought of.

Re: My Experience With Special Anti Robberry Squad Awkuzu by Johnrake69: 9:12am On Aug 20, 2015
Ebig22:
This is to expose the wickedness, cruelity, man inhumanity to man, cannibalism, extortion and intimidation.

I was watching manchester united v club brugge yesterday. All of a sudden the special anti robbery squad came and pushed all of us inside their bus and pick up van. With no proof, they intimidated us with their guns. We were pushed into cell.

Very dirty cell full with innocent people. They have five cells. They kill people at random, inmates confirmed that they kill people sometimes in the middle of night for human parts sale. They torture people inhumanly. They are very wicked and callous. Very unkind and inhumane, please let government look into this thing. Many innocent people are there languishing.

I have been bailed though with a fine of twenty thousand naira. But in my bail they wrote two hundred naira.

I am calling for help for others that don't have anybody to bail them. Please the only crime i committed was to watch match. Nothing was found on me. And near my house.

Re: My Experience With Special Anti Robberry Squad Awkuzu by Beedude(m): 9:13am On Aug 20, 2015
GudluckIBB:
The people playing the match are enjoying their money and you went to cell for watching them.

Unfortunately they don't even know you and they don't even give a damn wether you were locked up or not.

Too much smoking of Osogbo weed is bad for your health. grin

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Special Anti Robberry Squad Awkuzu by Malakins123: 9:14am On Aug 20, 2015
This is one of the major problems we always face in the hand security personnel in this country.
Too bad
Re: My Experience With Special Anti Robberry Squad Awkuzu by XTHRONE(m): 9:16am On Aug 20, 2015
GudluckIBB:

What is this one saying,so U cant go out wit friends to watch games together in Ur own Vicinity all because we ve trained touts in the name of SARS, terrorizing pple,shut the f''''' up if U dont know wat to say...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Okada Man In Ibadan Tries To Rape Lady (Photos) / How I Lost N1.5m To ATM Thieves Through My 11-year-old Son (pic) / Gunmen Kidnap Expatriate, Kill Driver And Soldier In Ondo(pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.