Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

Where Did Adam Go When He Died ? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Did Adam Go When He Died ? (4927 Views)

TB Joshua: This Is My Father, G.K Balogun. I Was A Baby When He Died (Photos) / The Evil Apple: Did Adam And Eve Really Eat An Apple? / Ooni Of Ife’s Spirit Knocked My Door In Nigeria On The Day He Died – Prophet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Did Adam Go When He Died ? by Jozzy4: 9:43pm On Aug 22, 2015
prettysassygirl:

only God knows

If you truly admit God knows , do you agree with his statement in Genesis 3:19 ?
Re: Where Did Adam Go When He Died ? by prettysassygirl(f): 10:01pm On Aug 22, 2015
Jozzy4:

If you truly admit God knows , do you agree with his statement in Genesis 3:19 ?
tell me what it says
Re: Where Did Adam Go When He Died ? by MuttleyLaff: 10:05pm On Aug 22, 2015
Jozzy4:
If you truly admit God knows, do you agree with his statement in Genesis 3:19?

Whats wrong with agreeing with the latter part statement in Genesis 3:19?
Do you agree with the above pictures AND the decomposition stages to dust?
Re: Where Did Adam Go When He Died ? by Jozzy4: 10:12pm On Aug 22, 2015
prettysassygirl:

tell me what it says

GOD speaks " in the sweat of your face you will eat bread until YOU RETURN TO THE GROUND , for out of it you are taken , for dust you are and TO DUST YOU SHALL RETURN "
Gen 3:19

To where did he say Adam will return when he died ?
Re: Where Did Adam Go When He Died ? by prettysassygirl(f): 10:32pm On Aug 22, 2015
Jozzy4:

GOD speaks " in the sweat of your face you will eat bread until YOU RETURN TO THE GROUND , for out of it you are taken , for dust you are and TO DUST YOU SHALL RETURN "

To where did he say Adam will return when he died ?
are you a witness
Re: Where Did Adam Go When He Died ? by MuttleyLaff: 10:36pm On Aug 22, 2015
Jozzy4:

To where did he say Adam will return when he died?
SMH, dont know what to do about you my dear friend,
as you really want the gloves to come off

OK, here it is, food for thought but be careful and dont choke on it.

Man is made of body, soul and spirit
- the Body returning back to the ground aka earth, is what Genesis 3:19, Ecclesiastes 3:20 and the former part of Ecclesiastes 12:7 is all about
- the Soul sleeping in the grave aka Sheol is what Psalms 89:48 and Daniel 12:2 are all about
- and spirit returning back to God is what the latter part of Ecclesiastes 12:7 is all about
Re: Where Did Adam Go When He Died ? by dolphinheart(m): 11:10pm On Aug 22, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Did you even understand what we've been talking about since

Now get what I am saying from this point: Paul himself used Poems from Greek poets to help in teaching the word.

Was paul inspired by God to use poets?
Is all the scriptures inspired by God?
Are those verses by the writer of Ecclestiatis you mentioned not Inspired?

1 Like

Re: Where Did Adam Go When He Died ? by Jeromejnr(m): 11:22pm On Aug 22, 2015
dolphinheart:

Was paul inspired by God to use poets?
Is all the scriptures inspired by God?
Are those verses by the writer of Ecclestiatis you mentioned not Inspired?

The whole bible was inspired to be written, collated and canonized by God.

That doesn't mean all statement made from individuals in the bible were directly inspired by God.

When Satan quoted scriptures to Jesus, who inspired him?

Its not a trick question.

Even though some statements made by individuals were not directly inspired by God, God inspired the writers to put it down. Why? Because there was something to gain from it.

By now you're supposed to understand my point.
Re: Where Did Adam Go When He Died ? by dolphinheart(m): 11:32pm On Aug 22, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Its's not hard to understand. All sprits will one day stand before God. E.g The Judgement of the saints and also the White Throne Judgement.

"Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them. 12And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds.… Rev 20:11"

And as for the return to God Issue, I have said the book of Ecclesiastics was writing from the standpoint of Man without God and purpose. He pondered on life from the Logical perspective and not the spiritual.

Look at this:

In discussing this matter I have found the quotation from President Brigham Young contained in his Discourses, which says: "[The scripture] reads that the spirit goes to God who gave it. Let me render this scripture a little plainer; when the spirits leave their bodies they are in the presence of our Father and God, they are prepared then to see, hear and understand spiritual things. But where is the spirit world?" He answers by saying this:

"If we go back to our mother country, the States, we there find the righteous, and we there find the wicked; if we go to California, we there find the righteous and the wicked, all dwelling together; and when we go beyond this veil, and leave our bodies which were taken from mother earth, and which must return, our spirits will pass beyond the veil; we go where both Saints and sinners go; they all go to one place.

"If the wicked wish to escape from his presence, they must go where he is not, where he does not live, where his influence does not preside. To find such a place is impossible, except they go beyond the bounds of time and space." (Discourses of Brigham Young, sel. John A. Widtsoe [Salt Lake City: Deseret Book Co., 1941], pp. 376-77.)

As I understand what President Young is saying, when we go home to God, it is just like going back to our home country. We may not go into the presence of the governor of the state where we live, but we will go to the home country, and there we shall find our level among the people with whom we are most accustomed to associate. (The Teachings of Harold B. Lee, pp. 57-58)

Sir, me and you will stick to the scriptures as the primary source of info. There are lots of books that one can find views on certain things on . But they are not inspired , or are they?

You quoted rev 20:11, that verse did not say "the spirit(s) stand" before the throne. It said "the dead".
Abi does the spirit die? So as to consider the spirit as dead.
Remember, the key word (spirit)I asked for when providing proof to ur statements .

The word "return" in genesis and the first part of eccl 12:7 is literal, why wunt the second "return be literal too?

Modified : pls also answer the question. Where does the scripture say the spirit goes to when man dies?.

1 Like

Re: Where Did Adam Go When He Died ? by Jeromejnr(m): 11:45pm On Aug 22, 2015
dolphinheart:

Sir, me and you will stick to the scriptures as the primary source of info. There are lots of books that one can find views on certain things on . But they are not inspired , or are they?

You quoted rev 20:11, that verse did not say "the spirit(s) stand" before the throne. It said "the dead".
Abi does the spirit die? So as to consider the spirit as dead.
Remember, the key word (spirit)I asked for when providing proof to ur statements .

The word "return" in genesis and the first part of eccl 12:7 is literal, why wunt the second "return be literal too?

Yes sir, spirits die.

How? Separation from God. Those who don't have the life of God in them.

E.g In Genesis, God said to Adam, the day you eat of this fruit, you shall die.

That's why the white throne judgement is meant for only sinners not saints(I saw the dead, both small and great...) The saints judgement is called the judgement seat of Christ where reward is giving based on good or bad done in the body.2 Cor5:10.

As for the spirit returning to God,

Why should you not take what he said literally?

"For who can prove that the human spirit goes up and the spirit of animals goes down into the earth? Ecc 3:21"

The same person you want to take literally said that. He was even questioning where the spirits go.

You see why I said "he talked as a natural man trying to reason out things logically" . so don't take what he said literally.

I just gave you scripture. Or do animals have spirits and go down to earth and not upwards? Because upwards is where God is isn't it?.
Re: Where Did Adam Go When He Died ? by dolphinheart(m): 11:54pm On Aug 22, 2015
Jeromejnr:

The whole bible was inspired to be written, collated and canonized by God.

That doesn't mean all statement made from individuals in the bible were directly inspired by God.

When Satan quoted scriptures to Jesus, who inspired him?

Its not a trick question.

Even though some statements made by individuals were not directly inspired by God, God inspired the writers to put it down. Why? Because there was something to gain from it.

By now you're supposed to understand my point.

The whole scripture was inspired by God. Even though the writers might write their own opinnion or emotions , God inspired them to write those words down . This means that those words are true, and the writer wrote the truth.
The writer of ecclestiatis cannot or would not have been able to write the words of ecclestiatis down if these words where not inspired, no matter his personal views, emotions or thoughts.

For those words to be written down, it must be truth and must also be the word of God.
Satan quoted the inspired word of God, he did not write it or was inspired . Satan quoting any scriture does not make a scripture inspired .
Re: Where Did Adam Go When He Died ? by Jeromejnr(m): 12:08am On Aug 23, 2015
dolphinheart:

The whole scripture was inspired by God. Even though the writers might write their own opinnion or emotions , God inspired them to write those words down . This means that those words are true, and the writer wrote the truth.
The writer of ecclestiatis cannot or would not have been able to write the words of ecclestiatis down if these words where not inspired, no matter his personal views, emotions or thoughts.

For those words to be written down, it must be truth and must also be the word of God.
Satan quoted the inspired word of God, he did not write it or was inspired . Satan quoting any scriture does not make a scripture inspired .

So lets look at it from your point:

If you say so, the why did God say this: Job 42:7

"It came about after the LORD had spoken these words to Job, that the LORD said to Eliphaz the Temanite, "My wrath is kindled against you and against your two friends, because you have not spoken of Me what is right as My servant Job has. 8"Now therefore, take for yourselves seven bulls and seven rams, and go to My servant Job, and offer up a burnt offering for yourselves, and My servant Job will pray for you. For I will accept him so that I may not do with you according to your folly, because you have not spoken of Me what is right, as My servant Job has."…"

Since you said every statement was inspired, why was God angry with Jobs Friends for saying what they said?

I mean, these guys had whole chapters of what they said.
Re: Where Did Adam Go When He Died ? by dolphinheart(m): 12:28am On Aug 23, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Yes sir, spirits die.

How? Separation from God. Those who don't have the life of God in them.

E.g In Genesis, God said to Adam, the day you eat of this fruit, you shall die.

That's why the white throne judgement is meant for only sinners not saints(I saw the dead, both small and great...) The saints judgement is called the judgement seat of Christ where reward is giving based on good or bad done in the body.2 Cor5:10.

As for the spirit returning to God,

Why should you not take what he said literally?

"For who can prove that the human spirit goes up and the spirit of animals goes down into the earth? Ecc 3:21"

The same person you want to take literally said that. He was even questioning where the spirits go.

You see why I said "he talked as a natural man trying to reason out things logically" . so don't take what he said literally.

I just gave you scripture. Or do animals have spirits and go down to earth and not upwards? Because upwards is where God is isn't it?.

Sir, spirit die? But I thought you guys say its the body that dies.? now the spirit is added to the things that die? This makes the statement in ecclestiatis true then, that "the dead are conscious of nothing! Right?
And again you forgot to put proof with the key word "spirit".
You said "sepiration from God, those who dnt have the life of God in them " without explaining how these affects the spirit in you and me.
Well this Brings about these questions : when did your spirit enter ur body? Did that spirit come from God and then became allienated from God?

You have not stated with proof where the scripture says spirit goes when man dies.

The wise man who wrote ecclestiatis used a method that another wise man who lived hundred of years later used. The second wise man jesus, also asked questions several times. Are we now saying that jesus does not know the answer to the questions he asked ? Or he was a natural man trying to reason out things logically too?

I believe the writer provided the answers to the question he asked: there is no difference between the spirit in animals and man, man and animals have the same spirit in them . These are from the inspired word of God and wateva these writers put down has Gods approval.
Re: Where Did Adam Go When He Died ? by Jeromejnr(m): 12:42am On Aug 23, 2015
dolphinheart:

Sir, spirit die? But I thought you guys say its the body that dies.? now the spirit is added to the things that die? This makes the statement in ecclestiatis true then, that "the dead are conscious of nothing! Right?
And again you forgot to put proof with the key word "spirit".
You said "sepiration from God, those who dnt have the life of God in them " without explaining how these affects the spirit in you and me.
Well this Brings about these questions : when did your spirit enter ur body? Did that spirit come from God and then became allienated from God?

You have not stated with proof where the scripture says spirit goes when man dies.

The wise man who wrote ecclestiatis used a method that another wise man who lived hundred of years later used. The second wise man jesus, also asked questions several times. Are we now saying that jesus does not know the answer to the questions he asked ? Or he was a natural man trying to reason out things logically too?

I believe the writer provided the answers to the question he asked: there is no difference between the spirit in animals and man, man and animals have the same spirit in them . These are from the inspired word of God and wateva these writers put down has Gods approval.

Lol.

Guy, ur understanding of scripture is lipsrsealed

When I said spirits die, was there any mention of loss of consciousness?

Spiritual Death means separation from the life of God. (Very simple)

I have given you scriptures to show consciousness of people in hell or paradise.

BTW. Since you are using the internet. Why don't you google a study on the book of Ecclesiastics.

Don't compare Jesus with Solomon. And besides, No one has fully agreed that the writer of Eccl was Solomon.

And you skipped my argument on Job and his friends. Why don't you answer that?. Why will God be angry of something He inspired someone to say that covered chapters of the bible?. Why didn't He approve what they said but was ready to punish them until Job intervened?

So my broda, not all statements made in the Bible from an individual are directly inspired by God.
Re: Where Did Adam Go When He Died ? by dolphinheart(m): 12:48am On Aug 23, 2015
Jeromejnr:

So lets look at it from your point:

If you say so, the why did God say this: Job 42:7

"It came about after the LORD had spoken these words to Job, that the LORD said to Eliphaz the Temanite, "My wrath is kindled against you and against your two friends, because you have not spoken of Me what is right as My servant Job has. 8"Now therefore, take for yourselves seven bulls and seven rams, and go to My servant Job, and offer up a burnt offering for yourselves, and My servant Job will pray for you. For I will accept him so that I may not do with you according to your folly, because you have not spoken of Me what is right, as My servant Job has."…"

Since you said every statement was inspired, why was God angry with Jobs Friends for saying what they said?

I mean, these guys had whole chapters of what they said.

Sir, it is written by a writer that job "said" or jobs friends "said". Neither Job nor his friends wrote those verses. The writer was telling the truth about job and his friends, he was the one that was inspired to do so.
And the writer wrote enough so that we can know what to do and say about God. Can you see that the writer also wrote about the corrections they received?

So jobs friend where not inspired to say those things, but the writer was inspired to write those things down .
This is similar to what the writer of genesis wrote when he recorded the false words of Satan down in Eden. Can we say the writer was natural and not inspired cus satans words where wrong ?

1 Like

Re: Where Did Adam Go When He Died ? by dolphinheart(m): 1:04am On Aug 23, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Lol.

Guy, ur understanding of scripture is lipsrsealed

When I said spirits die, was there any mention of loss of consciousness?

Spiritual Death means separation from the life of God. (Very simple)

I have given you scriptures to show consciousness of people in hell or paradise.

BTW. Since you are using the internet. Why don't you google a study on the book of Ecclesiastics.

Don't compare Jesus with Solomon. And besides, No one has fully agreed that the writer of Eccl was Solomon.

And you skipped my argument on Job and his friends. Why don't you answer that?. Why will God be angry of something He inspired someone to say that covered chapters of the bible?. Why didn't He approve what they said but was ready to punish them until Job intervened?

So my broda, not all statements made in the Bible from an individual are directly inspired by God.

Sir, "spirtual dead " is totally different from 'spirit dying". Show me scripture that says spirit die.
So if spirit die and body dies, which one remains conscious after death.?

Note, you did not answer the question concerning the spirit in you.

I'm not comparing jesus with solomon, the question is , did jesus use the same method of asking questions as used by the writer of ecclestiatis?

I've answered ur question on job

1 Like

Re: Where Did Adam Go When He Died ? by Jeromejnr(m): 1:30am On Aug 23, 2015
dolphinheart:

Sir, "spirtual dead " is totally different from 'spirit dying". Show me scripture that says spirit die.

I'm not comparing jesus with solomon, the question is , did jesus use the same method of asking questions as used by the writer of ecclestiatis?

You've not answered it sir.

And who do you know the writer of Job is? Scholars say it could be one of his friends.

And was it Solomon himself that took a pen and wrote down Eccl or was it someone else that wrote what he might have said?

You see there is no basis to what you've been saying. Your just assuming tins.
Re: Where Did Adam Go When He Died ? by Jeromejnr(m): 1:35am On Aug 23, 2015
dolphinheart:

And I've long answered this question u asked. But you've refused to get it.

My spirit (the real me) came directly from God and existed in eternity before even creation of the world in the mind of God.

I was only just given a form in the flesh when I was In my Mothers womb.
As God said"before you were born I knew you and formed you in your mothers womb."

What is the second death? Final separation of spirits from God in the eternal lake of fire.

Death does not mean loss of consciousness as you are accustomed to, but falling from grace.

You talking that way because you are very used to physical death and all you think of is a loss of consciousness.

When Moses and Elijah appeared to Jesus, were they unconscious?.
Re: Where Did Adam Go When He Died ? by MuttleyLaff: 10:06am On Aug 23, 2015
dolphinheart:
Sir, "spirtual dead " is totally different from 'spirit dying".
Show me scripture that says spirit die.

Your anticipated answers follows in most of the below posts after each of Jeromejnr's quote

Jeromejnr:
And I've long answered this question u asked. But you've refused to get it.
If you are, who, I think you are, I've sent you an email

Jeromejnr:
My spirit (the real me) came directly from God
and existed in eternity before even creation of the world in the mind of God.
Genesis 2:7 and Zechariah 12:1 confirms this but I just lurve 1 Corinthians 2:11

Genesis 2:7
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground,
and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Zechariah 12:1
This message concerning the fate of Israel came from the LORD:
"This message is from the LORD,
who stretched out the heavens, laid the foundations of the earth, and formed the human spirit

1 Corinthians 2:11
After all, who knows everything about a person except that person's own spirit?
In the same way, no one has known everything about God except God's Spirit.

The real us, however, is our souls, we became a living soul when God breathed into us
and when we die, the soul goes to sleep, as when it crosses over, it turns into a state of unconsciousness to affairs on this side of things

Also, at this point, naturally, the breath of God which kept the soul alive before it gave up the breath/ghost/spirit returns to God at death
and at the end of it all, it is the soul that will sing like a canary and tell everything it knows before God about the life lived on earth

Arghh. Too much basics to explain here, too much foundation & groundwork to lay down first
e.g. trying to draw attention to the facts that, the life of the flesh is in the blood and the life of the soul is in the breath/spirit

We ought to take notice of 1 Thessalonians 5:23 and Hebrews 4:12 below

1 Thessalonians 5:23
But The God of peace shall make all of you perfectly holy
and shall keep your whole spirit, soul and body
without fault for the arrival of our Lord Yeshua The Messiah.

Hebrews 4:12
God's word is living and active.
It is sharper than any two-edged sword
and cuts as deep as the place where soul and spirit meet, the place where joints and marrow meet.
God's word judges a person's thoughts and intentions

Jeromejnr:
I was only just given a form in the flesh when I was In my Mothers womb.
As God said "before you were born I knew you and formed you in your mothers womb."
Jeremiah 1:5
"Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you.
Before you were born, I set you apart for my holy purpose. I appointed you to be a prophet to the nations."

Just like how, before a magnificient house was built, it was first known ABSTRACTLY,
as in, the idea about the build was formed in the architect and client's head before the build's actual construction,
- it was first known as an idea, then was on paper before it was known, on ground
similarly so, Jeremiah 1:5 means, we existed in God's Thought
or existed as an idea of His, before having our physical existence or before being given form in the flesh when we were in our mothers wombs.

Jeromejnr:
What is the second death?
This is like the original Gehenna of Jerusalem, the refuse or dump site at the outskirt of Jerusalem
It is where and how souls, death and Sheol/Hell/Hades are thoroughly and permanently gotten rid of

Revelation 20:13-14 explains and paints a beautiful picture of this, better than I would, so here it is:

Revelation 20:13-14
13And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them,
and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done.
14Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire.
This is the second death, the lake of fire.

Jeromejnr:
Final separation of spirits from God in the eternal lake of fire.
Correctly, it is more of separation and destruction of souls than a ''final separation of spirits''
Lets take notice of Matthew 10:28 and Luke 12:5 for a clearer understanding

Matthew 10:28
"Don't be afraid of those who want to kill your body; they cannot touch your soul.
Fear only God, who can destroy both soul and body in hell

Luke 12:5
But I will show you whom you should fear:
Fear him who, after your body has been killed, has authority to throw you into hell.
Yes, I tell you, fear him.

The original intent and mission is accomplished
- This whole thing was all about sin, it is all about going through the whole process of ridding the world of sin,
right to the point where it never will rear its ugly head ever again.
Sin has been allowed to wrought out all its worse and worst

If according to Romans 6:23, the wages of sin is death, but down towards the end of the Bible, Revelation 21:4 says: death is no more,
then by deductive reasoning we can be rest reassured that by the strength of Revelation 21:4 there will no more be sin

Romans 6:23
But the product of sin is death and the gift of God is eternal life in our Lord Yeshua The Messiah.

Revelation 21:4
He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone forever."

Jeromejnr:
Death does not mean loss of consciousness as you are accustomed to, but falling from grace.
Death is always about separating or separation.
It always is about an end to the existence of someone or something

Jeromejnr:
You talking that way because you are very used to physical death
and all you think of is a loss of consciousness
Loss of consciousness is otherwise known too as, sleep of unconsciousness

There is consciousness in whatever realm one finds oneself, and the consciousness is limited to the boundaries of the resident realm
so in effect, cross-consciousness doesnt exist,
as in those in the land of the dead are not consciousness of the happenings in the land of the living
and vice versa, those in the land of the living are not consciousness of the happenings in the land of the dead

Hence the reasoning behind the phrase, the dead are sleeping, as in they are oblivious to our surroundings in the land of the living
just as like, when we physically sleep, we, until when we wake up, are oblivious of our surrounding and all the going ons therein

Jeromejnr:
When Moses and Elijah appeared to Jesus, were they unconscious?
Not unconscious to Jesus
but though Peter, James and John could see Moses and Elijah, they were unconscious to/of Peter, James and John
and except with Jesus, there was no interaction between Moses and Elijah, and Peter, James or John
Re: Where Did Adam Go When He Died ? by Jozzy4: 11:22am On Aug 23, 2015
prettysassygirl:
are you a witness

NO ! Is it witnesses that wrote that bible verse ? shocked
what do you think about God's statement at Genesis 3:19 ?
Re: Where Did Adam Go When He Died ? by MizJanet(f): 11:46am On Aug 23, 2015

@ JeromeJnr

Stop this lies

Death is death , total opposite of life .

An evidence that you religiotard guys are bunch of liers is the fact that you say " THE FLESH DIE" , in that context you understand that death is death , it dies . It cease to exist

We have now seen the true meaning of death

You said the real you is your spirit , and you are saying it cant die or cease to exist .

MY QUESTION : How could you claim Jesus die for your sins , since the real person called Jesus is a spirit that never dies ?

Re: Where Did Adam Go When He Died ? by Jeromejnr(m): 12:06pm On Aug 23, 2015
MizJanet:

@ JeromeJnr

Stop this lies

Death is death , total opposite of life .

An evidence that you religiotard guys are bunch of liers is the fact that you say " THE FLESH DIE" , in that context you understand that death is death , it dies . It cease to exist

You said the real you is your spirit , and you are saying it cant die or cease to exist .

MY QUESTION : How could you claim Jesus die for your sins , since the real person called Jesus is a spirit that never dies ?

Give us proof there is no spirit and death is the end? Have you died before for you to make such a conclusion?

You base all your points on assumptions.

And for your question: from scriptures there are two kinds of death:

The spiritual and the Physical.

The physical is death of the flesh and the spiritual is separation from the life and presence of God.

The problem is you think in you limited understanding that death is only a loss of consciousness. But Jesus was separated from the Father for a while. That's why He cried on the cross that the Father had forsook Him and as a result He went down to hell. (Too deep for you I know).
So yes the spirit never dies(loose consciousness) but can die (be separated from God).
That's why in the book of revelations those in the lake of fire are considered to have undergone the second death.(they are conscious but totally separated from God forever)

E,g. Genesis -God said to Adam, the day you eat of this fruit, you shall surely die. Well did he physically die?
Re: Where Did Adam Go When He Died ? by MuttleyLaff: 12:19pm On Aug 23, 2015
MizJanet:
@ JeromeJnr

Stop this lies

Death is death, total opposite of life.
There are varying degrees and different types or kinds of death

MizJanet:
An evidence that you religiotard guys are bunch of liers is the fact that you say " THE FLESH DIE",
in that context you understand that death is death, it dies. It cease to exist

As earlier pointed there are varying degrees and different types or kinds of death

MizJanet:
You said the real you is your spirit
The real us, is our souls, we became a living soul when God breathed into us
and when we die, the soul goes to sleep, as when it crosses over, it turns into a state of unconsciousness to affairs on this side of things

Also, at this point, naturally, the breath of God which kept the soul alive before it gave up the breath/ghost/spirit returns to God at death
and at the end of it all, it is the soul that will sing like a canary and tell everything it knows before God about the life lived on earth

Arghh. Too much basics to explain here, too much foundation & groundwork to lay down first
e.g. trying to draw attention to the facts that, the life of the flesh is in the blood and the life of the soul is in the breath/spirit

We ought to take notice of 1 Thessalonians 5:23 and Hebrews 4:12 below

1 Thessalonians 5:23
But The God of peace shall make all of you perfectly holy
and shall keep your whole spirit, soul and body
without fault for the arrival of our Lord Yeshua The Messiah.

Hebrews 4:12
God's word is living and active.
It is sharper than any two-edged sword
and cuts as deep as the place where soul and spirit meet, the place where joints and marrow meet.
God's word judges a person's thoughts and intentions

MizJanet:
and you are saying it cant die or cease to exist.
If you had thoroughly and carefully followed the entire thread, you would have spotted from the posts, the dfferences and distinctions between body, soul and spirit

MizJanet:
MY QUESTION: How could you claim Jesus die for your sins, since the real person called Jesus is a spirit that never dies?
God the Father is a Spirit who turned up on earth in human form, as God the Son, Jesus Christ.
Please dont get this twisted sister
God never dies,
and even if He chose to die, if He chose to lay down His life, He has the power as He already has demonstrated to take back His lfe
Re: Where Did Adam Go When He Died ? by MizJanet(f): 12:19pm On Aug 23, 2015

JeromeJnr

So yes the spirit never dies(loose consciousness) but can die (be separated from God).

grin read what you wrote up there , confuse man . Thats what happen when a lie is been fabricated . It has to be twisted and twisted like u av done above .

An average christian admit the statement "Flesh DIE " means died , it decays and cease to exist , unconscious .

That agrees with the meaning of death . That simply shows you people know the meaning of death but only decide to twist .

MY QUESTION : did Jesus died a physical or spiritual death ? Keyword " sacrifice" .

Lets start from there
Answer ...

Re: Where Did Adam Go When He Died ? by MuttleyLaff: 12:34pm On Aug 23, 2015
Jeromejnr:
So yes the spirit never dies(loose consciousness) but can die (be separated from God)

MizJanet:
read what you wrote up there, confuse man.
Thats what happen when a lie is been fabricated . It has to be twisted and twisted like uv done above.
Madam it is you, plying confused.com with your militant and uncalmingly argumentative spirit

MizJanet:
An average christian admit Flesh DIE means flesh died, it decays and cease to exist, unconscious
Of course the flesh died, it decays and cease to exist
but its soul, though, conscious in the realm of the dead
it is unconscious of things happening in the land of the living (i.e. it sleeps)

Man afterall, is made of body, soul and spirit
- the Body returning back to the ground aka earth, is what Genesis 3:19, Ecclesiastes 3:20 and the former part of Ecclesiastes 12:7 is all about
- the Soul sleeping in the grave aka Sheol is what Psalms 89:48 and Daniel 12:2 are all about
- and spirit returning back to God is what the latter part of Ecclesiastes 12:7 is all about

Madam, are you familiar with with the facts that, the life of the flesh is in the blood and the life of the soul is in the breath/spirit?

MizJanet:
That agrees with the meaning of death. That simply shows you people know the meaning of death but only decide to twist.
It means that you're trying to find comfort in an absolute meaning of death

MizJanet:
MY QUESTION: did Jesus died a physical or spiritual death? Keyword "sacrifice" .

Lets start from there
Answer ...
Good question and here is the straighforward short and simple answer to it.
Yes! He died both physical and spiritual death
Re: Where Did Adam Go When He Died ? by MizJanet(f): 12:41pm On Aug 23, 2015
Your own case is special , must you comment .
You said :

Mutteylaff

God Never dies

Contradicts himself

He choose to die

God never die , but your God still choose to die and eventually died .

MUST u comment ?
Re: Where Did Adam Go When He Died ? by Jeromejnr(m): 12:45pm On Aug 23, 2015
MizJanet:

grin read what you wrote up there , confuse man . Thats what happen when a lie is been fabricated . It has to be twisted and twisted like u av done above .

An average christian admit the statement "Flesh DIE " means died , it decays and cease to exist , unconscious .

That agrees with the meaning of death . That simply shows you people know the meaning of death but only decide to twist .

MY QUESTION : did Jesus died a physical or spiritual death ? Keyword " sacrifice" .

Lets start from there
Answer ...

What is you problem in understanding what I wrote up there? Yes the flesh dies (the brain is part of the flesh and thereby the consciousnes it gives is lost). I told you "from the same scriptures there are two types of death-The Physical and Spiritual. The spiritual death means separation and not loss of consciousness. And I gave you scriptures to support it.

Now for your question:

Jesus died both of the deaths. The physical (flesh) on the cross and the spiritual (God forsaken Him and Him going to hell).

Gal 3:13: "Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a pole.""

Eph 1:19-20"....and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of the strength of His might which He brought about in Christ, when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places,"

Now look at this:

Col 3: "Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above,......"

......For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory."

So from that, what can we say? Is it talking of a physical death or a spiritual death. Why will this scripture be written for those that are physically dead, how are they going to be able to read it?
Re: Where Did Adam Go When He Died ? by MuttleyLaff: 12:59pm On Aug 23, 2015
MizJanet:
Your own case is special, must you comment
Must you want to muzzle

MizJanet:
Contradicts himself
If it will make you feel better so be it
You would have understood, only if you are familiar with verses like Psalm 90:2

Psalm 90:2
Before the mountains were born, before you gave birth to the earth and the world, you were God.
You are God from everlasting to everlasting.

Answer this question: When God the Son, Jesus Christ died on the cross, did God the Father stop existing? Did God cease to exist?

MizJanet:
God never dies, but your God still choose to die and eventually died
So?
The Good part you conveniently left out was that God the Son Jesus Christ resurrected which means the end justified whatever means God chose

MizJanet:
MUST u comment?
Twice you asking this question.
There isn't anything hurting in my comments except if the truth hurts
Re: Where Did Adam Go When He Died ? by MizJanet(f): 1:22pm On Aug 23, 2015
Jeromejnr:

What is you problem in understanding what I wrote up there? Yes the flesh dies (the brain is part of the flesh and thereby the consciousnes it gives is lost).

You have just proved the point . Death is a loss of consciousness

Now for your question:
Jesus died both of the deaths. The physical (flesh) on the cross

Lol @ underlined , only his useless flesh dies While the real jesus himself escapes death .

and the spiritual (God forsaken Him and Him going to hell).

grin , cant stop laughing . But your bible always paint sinners as spiritually dead , isnt it ?

Wow , you just proved jesus is a sinner too for dying spiritual grin

Re: Where Did Adam Go When He Died ? by Jeromejnr(m): 1:28pm On Aug 23, 2015
MizJanet:

You have just proved the point . Death is a loss of consciosness

Lol @ underlined , only his useless flesh dies While the real jesus himself escapes death .

grin , cant stop laughing . But your bible always paint sinners as spiritually dead , isnt it ?

Wow , you just proved jesus is a sinner too for dying spiritual grin

Loool.

It's obvious you have no concrete argument again because I just dissected the scriptures for you. grin

So as a result you've resorted to assumptions and absurd claims.

Don't worry I understand. wink

And for all you wrote up there, I would have dissected them once again for you, but seeing I will just be talking to a hardened heart who is bent on twisting things to your favor, I put my pen down.
Re: Where Did Adam Go When He Died ? by MizJanet(f): 1:35pm On Aug 23, 2015
Mutteylaff

Answer this question: When God the Son, Jesus Christ died on the cross, did God the Father stop existing? Did God cease to exist?

Two Gods , Really ? A God dies while the other God is alive . grin

Re: Where Did Adam Go When He Died ? by MuttleyLaff: 1:39pm On Aug 23, 2015
MizJanet:
You have just proved the point. Death is a loss of consciosness
Yes, besides varying degrees of deatrh and the different types or kinds of death, the loss of consciosness is relative

MizJanet:
Lol @ underlined, only his useless flesh dies While the real jesus himself escapes death
His flesh was sinless. He was a sinless man. No sin was found in Him
Lots of others such Pilate, the Roman guards etcetera attested to this truth

Did you really think His flesh was useless?
Madam, I asked before but will re-ask again.
Are you familiar with with the facts that, the life of the flesh is in the blood and the life of the soul is in the breath/spirit?

MizJanet:
grin , cant stop laughing
I will curtail that laughter if I were you,
as this is serious soul saving business,
besides on that day, boys wont be laughing,
instead there will be more of weeping and gnashing of teeth when thrown out after sighting Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God

MizJanet:
But your bible always paint sinners as spiritually dead, isnt it?
Tell us something we all dont already know

MizJanet:
Wow, you just proved jesus is a sinner too for dying spiritual grin
It proves nothing, except for, that Jesus was ready and willing to lay down His life
Everyone know John 3:16, why dont you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

True Story For Those Who Doubt Existence Of Money Ritual!! / How Often Do You Forgive And Forget? / See How Pastor Paul Enenche's Children Reacted When He Did This To Their Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.