Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Oyo State Stops Payment Of WAEC Fees - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Oyo State Stops Payment Of WAEC Fees (14992 Views)

Ondo Govt. Hands Off Payment Of WAEC Exam For Students / List Of Waec Centre Numbers For All The Schools In Nigeria / Is This Kind Of Waec Result Possible - ( Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo State Stops Payment Of WAEC Fees by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 20, 2015
Je suis
Re: Oyo State Stops Payment Of WAEC Fees by bandely(m): 1:41pm On Aug 20, 2015
Maybe harsh in some sense, given the free education history of Southwest, but still fair since it doesn't make sense to be wasting money on people who don't want to be educated. Desperate times require desperate measures!
Re: Oyo State Stops Payment Of WAEC Fees by Tripleclick(m): 1:44pm On Aug 20, 2015
Good move.... this new yoruba generation are all coconut heads...no wonder thy r stil competing with war torn south east..after years later
Re: Oyo State Stops Payment Of WAEC Fees by godoluwa(m): 1:51pm On Aug 20, 2015
baruzeez:
Good move Mr Governor
I graduated from Ibadan Grammar School in 2011
I can't lie it was like a waste of money for the state government out of like 1500 students that wrote WAEC exam we were just lyk 100 that managed to have complete results
If u are not in Oyo state u can't really understand what I'm saying
You are but I think that waec payment is just a propaganda. am nt in support of free education but subsidized one is ok. Our educational system under civillian government is thrash & the present administration in Oyo state has transformed it from BAD to WORST

2 Likes

Re: Oyo State Stops Payment Of WAEC Fees by gabicon: 1:53pm On Aug 20, 2015
I believe the only level of education that should be free is the primary education and it shouldn't just be free it should be thorough, a primary school leaver should be able to express his or her self in good English.

Government need to regulate and not interfere in the daily lives of its citizens, government ought not to be paying for exams or feeding of students instead empower their parents to do so, it balances the sense of responsibility on the part of the government and parents. When the government pays for all the educational needs of a children the parents will also expect that they monitor the child.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo State Stops Payment Of WAEC Fees by BekeeBuAgbara: 2:05pm On Aug 20, 2015
embarassed
Re: Oyo State Stops Payment Of WAEC Fees by landlord66: 2:12pm On Aug 20, 2015
piicity:
F.T.C. Dedicate this to late OONI OF IFE & HIS ABOBAKU
That is why i HATE my (OGBENI IN OSUN STATE.
IPINLE OMOLUABI
OSUN OO NI BAJE OO.
)
aregbese ti ba osunje o

2 Likes

Re: Oyo State Stops Payment Of WAEC Fees by PhunsukhWangdu(m): 2:23pm On Aug 20, 2015
Head of Service, Mr Soji Eniade, in a
statement on Wednesday, said this was
evidenced on the data on student enrolment
and performance of students in WAEC
examination in the last seven years.

The data revealed that between June 2007
and June 2013, only 14.27 per cent of
396,579 students that enrolled for the public
examination passed

This should not be an excuse. A serious government will sacrifice time to assess students' past records (results). They can however handpick few students afterwards.
Re: Oyo State Stops Payment Of WAEC Fees by waice6571: 2:34pm On Aug 20, 2015
This is the best to do in a place like Oyo state.
I am in total support of this move.
Many parrent will send thier wards to private secodary shools, pay heavy school fees and switch to govt school for Ajimobi to be responsible for WAEC & NECO.
Re: Oyo State Stops Payment Of WAEC Fees by santosesq1(m): 2:42pm On Aug 20, 2015
Main while delta state will now be paying school fees under ifeanyi okowa the squirel under ibori & uduaghan school was free is this what anioma delta ibo has been clamouring for ?...... If you claim empty treasury y not invite efcc/icpc ? Will the common man suffer for your sins ?okowa slg , chairman,2times commisioner,ssg,senatornow gofernor. Warri go burn oh no try am we dey wait you to impliment am
Re: Oyo State Stops Payment Of WAEC Fees by Nickymezor(f): 2:44pm On Aug 20, 2015
Nice move, I hope it yields d necessary results sha. @Snadguy007, hw far?
Re: Oyo State Stops Payment Of WAEC Fees by bamipet01: 2:48pm On Aug 20, 2015
Let the govt pay 4 d students who pass d mock exams. That would serve as an encouragement 2 them.
Re: Oyo State Stops Payment Of WAEC Fees by Louislewis: 2:48pm On Aug 20, 2015
bushdoc9919:

No such thing as free education.

I know you Nigerians love free education.....which is why you make fun of APC when in your hears of hearts you really want free education, but let's be honest.....APC cannot guarantee free education, no matter how many times they say it.

If you want free education.....you either pay high taxes , or you diversify your economy into industries....and get a tax base which can produce the kudi you need for free education. Which is what most state governors and Abuja should be doing.....instead of relying on oil whose price rises and drops wildly.
It is better not to say what you can't do to win election, than to win an election by deceit, because with deceit you will be governed. Without deceit, there is no state in Nigeria that can’t afford free education for the citizen at least from primary school to secondary level. We had it before and we can still have it if deceit is removed from those that deceived you to be voted into power
Re: Oyo State Stops Payment Of WAEC Fees by LKO(m): 2:56pm On Aug 20, 2015
baruzeez:
Good move Mr Governor
I graduated from Ibadan Grammar School in 2011
I can't lie it was like a waste of money for the state government out of like 1500 students that wrote WAEC exam we were just lyk 100 that managed to have complete results
If u are not in Oyo state u can't really understand what I'm saying

U are absolutely right. I did my NYSC at Idi Ito High Sch Erunmu, Egbeda LG in 2010/2011. All my sincere efforts to make d students appreciate d importance of studying failed, dey even boldly told me then, dat dia promotion to d next class was sure, whether dey passed or not. When I went through d records of WAEC results of d sch years back, it was a record of monumental failure. I m in full support of d new policy.
Re: Oyo State Stops Payment Of WAEC Fees by Reference(m): 3:12pm On Aug 20, 2015
NewNigeriaMind:
This is a good one,

If parents are serious their kids will perform better.

I know what some parent go through to make sure their kids get well educated.

What is given freely is sometimes not appreciated.

The fact is we are vastly more populated than we are able to cope with physically, mentally and financially. When we continue to breed like rabbits this is the result. A child failing academically is much ado about the state and the parents' failures. Even if you had the best schools a family of 4, 5, 6 kids will still underperform. That is why if elected President my priorities will be evenly split between child education and adult education because it is clearly a chicken and egg conundrum.
Re: Oyo State Stops Payment Of WAEC Fees by Reference(m): 3:14pm On Aug 20, 2015
J tjtj0
NewNigeriaMind:
This is a good one,

If parents are serious their kids will perform better.

I know what some parent go through to make sure their kids get well educated.

What is given freely is sometimes not appreciated.

The fact is we are vastly more populated than we are able to cope with physically, mentally and financially. When we continue to breed like rabbits this is the result. A child failing academically is much ado about the state and the parents' failures. Even if you had the best schools a family of 4, 5, 6 kids will still underperform. That is why if elected President my priorities will be evenly split between child education and adult education because it is clearly a chicken and egg conundrum.
Re: Oyo State Stops Payment Of WAEC Fees by snadguy007(m): 3:20pm On Aug 20, 2015
Nickymezor:
Nice move, I hope it yields d necessary results sha. @Snadguy007, hw far?
Nicky!!! How is the day going??
Re: Oyo State Stops Payment Of WAEC Fees by Nikapetrelli(f): 3:22pm On Aug 20, 2015
thisisayus:
Will that now make him pay over 9 months salary he's owing the state's civil servant? will that increase the number of overseas trips his daughters make monthly? will that make his daughters have more connection with Hollywood actress and actors since they now have so much money to play around with. will that make him change IB's identity to 'city of white roofs' or will that make ibadan neat?

Not by speeches or majority resolution are questions of the day answered, but by blood and iron - Otto Von Bismarck.

Heads must roll if this country is going to experience the real change, imagine tinubu clamouring for a better Nigeria when he and his co-looters are benefiting from the ruin of the country. Buhari is a good man, his subjects, I don't know of.
9 months salary,Choi dat is almost a year
Re: Oyo State Stops Payment Of WAEC Fees by Rexyl(m): 3:26pm On Aug 20, 2015
The raining season is over, it's time for students to sit tight and prove they are worth their certificates. Same thing I think is proper for government's sponsorship of tourism and pilgrimage.
Re: Oyo State Stops Payment Of WAEC Fees by piicity(m): 3:42pm On Aug 20, 2015
Abi o
landlord66:
aregbese ti ba osunje o
Re: Oyo State Stops Payment Of WAEC Fees by Nickymezor(f): 3:58pm On Aug 20, 2015
snadguy007:
Nicky!!! How is the day going??
Fynoo....it's raining lik cat n dog here... urs nko?
Re: Oyo State Stops Payment Of WAEC Fees by marqueetim(m): 3:58pm On Aug 20, 2015
I forsaw this coming. All these depending on Government for Education will soon stop. You can't value what you got freely.Simple!
Re: Oyo State Stops Payment Of WAEC Fees by bandely(m): 4:15pm On Aug 20, 2015
BekeeBuAgbara:
undecided
Typographical error, thanks.
Re: Oyo State Stops Payment Of WAEC Fees by snadguy007(m): 4:19pm On Aug 20, 2015
Nickymezor:
Fynoo....it's raining lik cat n dog here... urs nko?
Same here too.....Hope you are not cold sha
Re: Oyo State Stops Payment Of WAEC Fees by Nickymezor(f): 4:20pm On Aug 20, 2015
snadguy007:
Same here too.....Hope you are not cold sha
A bit ... smiley
Re: Oyo State Stops Payment Of WAEC Fees by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 20, 2015
This a nice move. I just finished my service year thus July at Eleyele High School, Ibadan. Taught SS3 Data Processing and Mathematics(Extra classes). It was hell. What most of those girls know are master.... master.... showing me their pants, writing love letter to me, them even sabi my house. Remembered one case where one girl said am making her hot while teaching in class.

But when their results came out, only 2 has passed so far, the rest...fire
Re: Oyo State Stops Payment Of WAEC Fees by basilo101: 4:37pm On Aug 20, 2015
We all can nw see which region will perish without allocation frm oil
Re: Oyo State Stops Payment Of WAEC Fees by sanmibukunmi: 5:01pm On Aug 20, 2015
such a shame that the legacy awolowo fought and died for is gradually being abolished by our set of retarded governors......
Re: Oyo State Stops Payment Of WAEC Fees by sedof(m): 5:11pm On Aug 20, 2015
Oyo state is very sick, may Allah answer our prayer
Re: Oyo State Stops Payment Of WAEC Fees by GboyegaD(m): 5:17pm On Aug 20, 2015
If the government choose not to pay WAEC fees for the student then conducting a Mock Exam to know what students to present is totally unacceptable. Anyone who has the money to pay for him/herself would have to write the exam.
This said, why can't the government address the root cause of the mass failure or when has cutting off the head become the perfect antidote for headache?
Re: Oyo State Stops Payment Of WAEC Fees by GboyegaD(m): 5:20pm On Aug 20, 2015
mightyfada:
This a nice move. I just finished my service year thus July at Eleyele High School, Ibadan. Taught SS3 Data Processing and Mathematics(Extra classes). It was hell. What most of those girls know are master.... master.... showing me their pants, writing love letter to me, them even sabi my house. Remembered one case where one girl said am making her hot while teaching in class.

But when their results came out, only 2 has passed so far, the rest...fire

Don't you think you also failed? What is the relevance of your extra teaching if they still failed the exams you taught them for?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ogbonnaya Okoro Is Translating Physics Textbook To Igbo Language / Meet Tobiloba.Cowbell Mathematician Of The Year 2014/2015 From Hallmark Sec Sch. / Jamb Cbt Centres Demanding Money From Students Before Entry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.