Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters (42427 Views)

Babatunde Fowler Elected President Of Africa Tax Body / Edo University Confers Oshiomhole With Honorary Doctorate Degree (PICS) / Like Buhari, Like Fowler – Nigerians React To Reports About Fake Honorary Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by nigerianium: 8:48pm On Aug 20, 2015
Jorussia:
when did SR started reporting news through twitter?I dare you to show us the verifiable SR link other than this fake twitter handle.

Rubbish. That's SR's Twitter handle with close to 800,000 followers and Buhari was tagged.

I dare you to prove it is fake.
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by quadraheem(m): 8:48pm On Aug 20, 2015
You mean honorary degree is now educational qualification?
atlwireles:
Inspite of all the months spent vetting candidates for office, something as basic as educational qualification has been missed. undecided What will these almajiris and their dullard from Daura, do next?

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by azimibraun: 8:49pm On Aug 20, 2015
B.sc nd M.sc from the "USA" what the hell does he need an "Irish potato"Honorary Doctorate Degree for?
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by adioolayi(m): 8:49pm On Aug 20, 2015
ronald4lif:

Who's disputing if it's an academic or honorary doctorate degree? Whatever the degree is, is alleged to have been forged and not genuinely acquired. Should he retain his appointment if found to be fraudulently acquired? That's the question.
How Do You Genuinely Acquire Honorary Degree Forged...Read Again
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by ronald4lif(m): 8:52pm On Aug 20, 2015
Abugab:

Where you told his appointment was based on his doctorate or his pedigree?

What pedigree or reputation could a man who forged an honorary degree have? How can we trust him with the task of his new job without putting into consideration if he'll manipulate and distort vital information in performing his duties as the head of FIR?

For someone who could manipulate his credentials, whether honorary or earned degrees, they can't be trusted in public office. He's a fraudulent character by that single act. It's also possible that the said honorary degree could have been subliminally considered and influential to his appointment.
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by Jorussia(m): 8:55pm On Aug 20, 2015
nigerianium:

Rubbish. That's SR's Twitter handle with close to 800,000 followers and Buhari was tagged.

I dare you to prove it is fake.
No such news is on the website of Sahara reporters.I repeat that twitter handle, is a propaganda tool of PDP.All news that has been posted from this Twitter handle,have all turned out to be propaganda and lies from PDP.
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by Ayanko(m): 8:56pm On Aug 20, 2015
Can you remember Mr President and FAKE WASC result. then its like appointer, like appointee. grin cheesy tongue
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by cyberdurable(m): 8:56pm On Aug 20, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
We(Niger Deltans) are no longer interested in that failed project called Biafra.

Lalasticlala Seun Obinoscopy this Animal is Derailing this thread and you guys are comfortable with it...

Mogidi Sonofmark abeg na una Brother be this? Call him to order.. thanks
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by ronald4lif(m): 8:56pm On Aug 20, 2015
adioolayi:

How Do You Genuinely Acquire Honorary Degree Forged...Read Again

By genuinely acquired I meant if the university bestowed it on him not forged. Isn't that easy to grasp.
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by adconline(m): 8:57pm On Aug 20, 2015
ronald4lif:

One can only weep for the future of our country if we the youths reason like this. Here is a man who's allegedly discovered to have forged a doctorate degree appointed to head a commission and rather than demand for his dismissal we're making excuses.

The issue isn't whether the degree is relevant or was influential to his appointment but that he's a fraud. If truly the doctorate degree was fraudulently acquired how can we trust him with his new portfolio? Are you saying that we should overlook a crime as heinous as forgery just because he earned his other credentials genuinely?

In serious nations, this revelation, if true would cost him his new job and it doesn't only end there. He'd be banned from holding any public office and would have a criminal record that could render him unemployable for as much as 10years or forever.
Good luck with ur dreams.. Good Nigerians with good conscience died long time ago. U are on a long thing!
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by azimibraun: 8:59pm On Aug 20, 2015
Can Somebody Educate some of this kids that " Honorary Doctorate Degree" is the. " Chieftancy title " of the academia; it's just an honour(apprecition) for your contributions to any endeavors the institution see s commendable. It is not a PhD by itself. Dem no dey take m look for job.
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by missionmex(m): 9:04pm On Aug 20, 2015
Velocitron:
So it's now you believe Sahara reporters?
so it is now u stop beliving SR?
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by hamzeiy: 9:10pm On Aug 20, 2015
Firefire:
Wonderful!

APC House of commotion.
FAKE CHANGE
FAKE PARTY
FAKE PEOPLE

ALL of them na Fake!
.... so u beleive sahara reporters now abi? ...#smh
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by bigerboy200: 9:13pm On Aug 20, 2015
For once, the wailing wailers will be happy with Sahara Reporters..
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by chedet: 9:23pm On Aug 20, 2015
PassingShot:

Do you know the meaning of honorary degree?

[size=14pt]Iranian Interior minister, Ali Kordan was fired over a fake honorary law doctorate... ANC MP Pallo Jordan Resigns Over Fake Doctorate.. what is your defence again?

Obtaining and making use of fake honorary doctorate is not corruption right?? continue[/size]
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by favouritesahaba: 9:23pm On Aug 20, 2015
atlwireles:
Inspite of all the months spent vetting candidates for office, something as basic as educational qualification has been missed. undecided What will these almajiris and their dullard from Daura, do next?

I hope this is honorary degree.
What about his 1st degree? Basic education is what is needed.
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by manutdadex(m): 9:27pm On Aug 20, 2015
eleojo23:
I think this will only be an issue if a doctorate degree is part of the requirements for his appointment into the office.
But as long as it is not, there is no need to make unnecessary fuss about it.
partizan fool!
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by HumbleFarmer(m): 9:29pm On Aug 20, 2015
That is not a problem. Buhari also have a fake WAEC result
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by EgusiSoup: 9:31pm On Aug 20, 2015
adenine02:

Hw will u feel if someone call ur father a DULLARD

Hw did you feel when you called GEJ CLUELESS?
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by PassingShot(m): 9:33pm On Aug 20, 2015
chedet:

[b]Iranian Interior minister, Ali Kordan was fired over a fake honorary law doctorate... ANC MP Pallo Jordan Resigns Over Fake Doctorate.. what is your defence again?

Obtaining and making use of fake honorary doctorate is not corruption right?? continue
]
Do you know the definition of fake? Let's take the lesson from there:

noun
1. a thing that is not genuine; a forgery or sham.
"the painting was a fake"
synonyms: forgery, counterfeit, copy, pirate(d) copy, sham, fraud, hoax, imitation, mock-up, dummy, reproduction; More

adjective
1. not genuine; counterfeit.
"fake designer clothing"
synonyms: forgery, counterfeit, copy, pirate(d) copy, sham, fraud, hoax, imitation, mock-up, dummy, reproduction; More

verb
1. forge or counterfeit (something).
"the woman faked her spouse's signature"
synonyms: forge, counterfeit, falsify, mock up, copy, pirate, reproduce, replicate; More
source https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1VFKB_enQA647QA647&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=definition+of+fake

Does the honorary award fall under the above definitions?

Waiting for your reply so we can move on with the class.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by EgusiSoup: 9:35pm On Aug 20, 2015
Olufemiolaolu:
Ur life is pathetic man, if u value ur fada u wont be calling a man that can feed ur generation yet unborn a dullard. Stop eating egusi soup man its putting ur thinking in a reverse gear.

You once called GEJ all sort of names now the table has turned so you have to learn not to take it personal cos there are over one billion people who believe in the dullard movement therefore you can't change anything. I won't mention your father cos I'm not lacking sense like you. I DONT EAT AMALA I eat Egusi Soup.

Cow dung! *spits on his face***

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by OAM4J: 9:36pm On Aug 20, 2015
ronald4lif:

Who's disputing if it's an academic or honorary doctorate degree? Whatever the degree is, is alleged to have been forged and not genuinely acquired. Should he retain his appointment if found to be fraudulently acquired? That's the question.

You are not getting it. An honorary degree is like the chieftancy titles you get from Obas and the likes... It is inconsequential.

And read the news and digest it well, he did not forge anything or obtain it fraudulently. The University didn't say they didn't give him an honorary doctorate degree, but the news is that the University has been blacklisted since 2005 which makes their (The University) certificates/awards of less value. But then it is inconsequential since the degree is not an academic degree but an honorary degree.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by Chigold101(m): 9:40pm On Aug 20, 2015
Firefire:
I laugh in Spanish... cheesy

Sahara desert can lie oooo shocked

Anyway, good lie, more on the looters of our treasury & common wealth next time.

Buhari, time to BAN Sahara liars. grin

http://dailymail.com.ng/bancorp-bank-in-the-united-states-writes-to-buhari-plans-to-return-rotimi-amaechis-loot/
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by chedet: 9:45pm On Aug 20, 2015
PassingShot:

Do you know the definition of fake? Let's take the lesson from there:

noun
1. a thing that is not genuine; a forgery or sham.
"the painting was a fake"

adjective
1. not genuine; counterfeit.
"fake designer clothing"

verb
1. forge or counterfeit (something).
"the woman faked her spouse's signature"
synonyms: forge, counterfeit, falsify, mock up, copy, pirate, reproduce, replicate; More
source https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1VFKB_enQA647QA647&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=definition+of+fake

Does the honorary award fall under the above definitions?

Waiting for your reply so we can move on with the class.

[size=14pt]If making use of non-existing, bogus and sham university honorary doctorate isn't fake to you, then I don't know what it is. I will repeat again, MAKING USE... I have given you example of people who were sacked or resigned over such a bogus degree.[/size]
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 20, 2015
I'm just looking at the 2go icon at the top of your screen.... people still chat on 2go it's a waoh...
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by Olufemiolaolu(m): 9:59pm On Aug 20, 2015
EgusiSoup:

You once called GEJ all sort of names now the table has turned so you have to learn not to take it personal cos there are over one billion people who believe in the dullard movement therefore you can't change anything. I won't mention your father cos I'm not lacking sense like you. I DONT EAT AMALA I eat Egusi Soup.

Cow dung! *spits on his face***
Ur grey matter needs formating man. Buhari isnt as clueless as ur hero ok. Efulefu iranu abasha
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by Sagamite(m): 9:59pm On Aug 20, 2015
Presenting a honorary degree from a non-accredited univerity is not something I would make a lot of noise about.

But if it is due to this fake honorary degree that he is labeling himself "Dr", that is, he has no medical or doctoral degree, then his appointment needs to be cancelled asap.

Those kind of Nigerians we don't want in government.
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by olayinkaj2(m): 10:05pm On Aug 20, 2015
EgusiSoup:
A dullard president with no certificate appoints another fraud of a dullard with fake certificate what does that tell you?

Anybody that voted for this man needs to go for brain surgery. undecided
. Mad people strolling round the street needs newly constructed iron cage. You need to be caged. Ewure!
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by Sagamite(m): 10:05pm On Aug 20, 2015
I just checked online.

There is nowhere he has claimed or called himself "Dr". It is just some useless journalist that have tagged him as that.

So this accusation is just noise to me.

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by JuanDeDios: 10:11pm On Aug 20, 2015
PassingShot:

First of, it's not uncommon practice in Nigeria for people to attach Dr. to their name on honorary award as this.
Secondly, the Farooq guy is equally holding on to straw. The fact that the Committee of VC frowns at the practice has not made it illegal.
And him talking abt multi campuses of an institution makes no sense. What is wrong in someone who attended Enugu campus of UNN saying he attended UNN? Did he have to attend the Nsuka campus b4 we accept he graduated from UNN?
The point he raised about multi-campus does not prove anything but it's sufficient ground for scrutiny. Nobody has said Mr Fowler should be taken to Kirikiri yet. I myself have never met someone who introduced himself as attending the University of California, for example - you say University of California at Los Angeles, at San Diego, at Berkerley, etc. University of Texas at Austin. It's not quite the same thing as UNN. If I met someone who tells me he went to the University of California I would not conclude he is a fraud, but I'd make enquiries if we are dealing with something important.

On the Dr title, I didn't even know about the VCs' resolution - I just found that practice an ugly manifestation of the Nigerian's love for titles and aggrandisement. Now, if the VCs who're responsible or handing out the "honourary" titles in Nigeria resolve that recipients don't prefix their name with Dr, DECENT people are expected to comply. You say it's not illegal, yeah, not brushing your mouth in the morning is not illegal. Remember nobody has said he has done anything illegal - what SR and Kperogi have revealed have called his MORAL character into question at a time Nigerians at still holding their noses from the stench of the Jonathan era and looking forward to a new era. Your assertion that Kperogi is holding straws is in bad faith. But this is Nigeria, so I guess you reckon it's okay for people appointed into high office to have big question marks trailing them as long as it's the side you support that is doing the appointing. That's what the rest of us get from you partisans.
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by EgusiSoup: 10:14pm On Aug 20, 2015
Olufemiolaolu:
Ur grey matter needs formating man. Buhari isnt as clueless as ur hero ok. Efulefu iranu abasha

cheesy

Yoruba: Slaves to Hausa since the beginning of Time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Atiku Considers Soludo, Adesina, Chike Obi, Peter Obi,Ekweremadu As Running Mate / Reps To FG: Direct DSTV, Others To Implement Pay-As-You-Go Tariff / PEPT Judgment: Tinubu Believes He’ll Win At The Tribunal – Sam Amadi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.