Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,269 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters (42435 Views)

Babatunde Fowler Elected President Of Africa Tax Body / Edo University Confers Oshiomhole With Honorary Doctorate Degree (PICS) / Like Buhari, Like Fowler – Nigerians React To Reports About Fake Honorary Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by chedet: 10:15pm On Aug 20, 2015
Sagamite:
I just checked online.

There is nowhere he has claimed or called himself "Dr". It is just some useless journalist that have tagged him as that.

So this accusation is just noise to me.

Yes, he call himself "Dr" at least from him personal website http://meetfowler.com/aboutme.html Dr. William Babatunde Fowler
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by Sagamite(m): 10:20pm On Aug 20, 2015
chedet:

Yes, he call himself "Dr" at least from him personal website http://meetfowler.com/aboutme.html Dr. William Babatunde Fowler

Then he needs to go.

This is a fraudster!

419 man!
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by Sagamite(m): 10:23pm On Aug 20, 2015
I also noted on his profile it states:

He left Commercial Bank (Credit Lyonnais Nigeria Limited) in March 1990 to join Chartered Bank in April 1990 as a Senior Manager where he spent the last 14 years in the banking industry.

To the fuuktard calling himself SirShymexx that must mean he was the Managing Director of Chartered Bank.

That moronic cretin said a Senior Manager is a Managing Director. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 10:26pm On Aug 20, 2015
MrMcJay:
Ignorance everywhere.

It is like saying because someone got a Law Degree from Madonna Uni when it lost its degree, that person isn't a graduate.

It is one thing to have the degree, it is another thing for it to be recognized. After all, the school didn't deny that it gave the Degree to him.

Fowler has a valid degree, howbeit from an institution that lost its accreditation.

The question is not as to validity and value, but as to recognition.
If the school lost it accreditation than the school is not qualify to award any degree in the first instance . He has no right to use the title Dr. Uniabuja have to let go of her engineering study for not having accreditation as any degree issue to any body in engineering will not be valid.
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 10:29pm On Aug 20, 2015
Thought some Jonathanian people said SR are pro-Buhari, pro-Tinubu?

I keep saying SR are just one anti-bad governance, anti-bad politicians platform. They don't care about who the President is.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 20, 2015
chi4ik4:
who even need traitors like you guys?
bro u shud know dat is a yoruba goat...
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by chedet: 10:35pm On Aug 20, 2015
MrMcJay:
Ignorance everywhere.

It is like saying because someone got a Law Degree from Madonna Uni when it lost its degree, that person isn't a graduate.

It is one thing to have the degree, it is another thing for it to be recognized. After all, the school didn't deny that it gave the Degree to him.

Fowler has a valid degree, howbeit from an institution that lost its accreditation.

The question is not as to validity and value, but as to recognition.

The thing is that Irish International University was never a university or accredited at any point in time let alone losing accreditation.

In fact, Jeff Wooller was expelled / excluded from Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales because of his association with Irish International University as its Honorary Chancellor.
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by JuanDeDios: 10:46pm On Aug 20, 2015
Sagamite:
I just checked online.

There is nowhere he has claimed or called himself "Dr". It is just some useless journalist that have tagged him as that.

So this accusation is just noise to me.
Well, this may be a fair point for Mr Fowler at the end of the day, even if it doesn’t erase all the few question marks trailing him. Nigerian journalists are notorious for “dashing” people titles such people have not called themselves by. I remember Nelson was labelled Dr Mandela by the Nigerian media - I'm sure the dunces actually thought they were adding something to the man when they did it. Similarly, it was from Radio Nigeria I used to hear Dr Jacob Zuma. So, yeah, Dr Babatunde Fowler may well have been created by some yeye news editor.
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by JuanDeDios: 10:47pm On Aug 20, 2015
Jarus:
Thought some Jonathanian people said SR are pro-Buhari, pro-Tinubu?

I keep saying SR are just one anti-bad governance, anti-bad politicians platform. They don't care about who the President is.
Of course, anybody with some sense can always see that. People are blinded by their partisan viewpoint.

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by Duru009(m): 10:47pm On Aug 20, 2015
If you dont like the story.
Pls JUMP into the lagooooon......
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by chedet: 10:51pm On Aug 20, 2015
[size=14pt]Hahaha I wonder why they are editing his wikipedia page to remove the "Professional Honorary Doctorate Degree in June 2007 by the Irish International University" Did or didn't he the Honorary Doctorate Degree?? why bother if there wasn't any fraud??[/size] grin grin grin grin grin

https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Babatunde_Fowler&diff=677059784&oldid=677024269
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by splashbaby(m): 10:57pm On Aug 20, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
We(Niger Deltans) are no longer interested in that failed project called Biafra.
May God bless you and your family.
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by adioolayi(m): 10:58pm On Aug 20, 2015
ronald4lif:

By genuinely acquired I meant if the university bestowed it on him not forged. Isn't that easy to grasp.
The more reason u should read again because it wasn't stated that it was forged!
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by Eluwilussit(m): 11:00pm On Aug 20, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
We(Niger Deltans) are no longer interested in that failed project called Biafra.

Did they mention Biafra in that post? Looks like you read from your heart! grin grin grin
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by M16: 11:09pm On Aug 20, 2015
PointB:

Missed? Hehehe

Does a dullard really care about such a thing as educational qualification?

Ode. "Honorary Doctorate" is not basic qualification. Learn to read and undersatnd

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by basadenet: 11:13pm On Aug 20, 2015
The Sahara reporters are nothing but bad belly and destiny killers. They seem not comfortable with anything call success or good. Kindly ignore them.
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by slap1(m): 11:23pm On Aug 20, 2015
Village people, na wa o! grin
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by mhbabanna: 11:49pm On Aug 20, 2015
EgusiSoup:
A dullard president with no certificate appoints another fraud of a dullard with fake certificate what does that tell you?

Anybody that voted for this man needs to go for brain surgery. undecided
Well before then I think you going to need a brain potency test

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by nduchucks: 12:15am On Aug 21, 2015
Since when has anyone used a honorary degree to perform highly technical and professional duties. The honorary degree has zero impact on how he would perform his new duties. Next!
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by yemivictor: 12:20am On Aug 21, 2015
HonApostle:
"Ko s'ogbon t'o le da, ko si 'wa to wu to le fi t'aye lorun oooooo.

My brother, may God bless you and grant the wishes of your heart speedily.
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by suremanpatriot: 12:24am On Aug 21, 2015
SAHARA DESERT ...HOW CAN YOU BE IN A REMOTE DESERT TO KNOW WHAT DEGREE IS AWARDED IN IRELAND...SHORA OOO..STOP THIS PROPAGANDA AGAINST FOWLER . HE IS A GOOD AND NOBLE MAN...ANYDAY
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by suremanpatriot: 12:29am On Aug 21, 2015
mhbabanna:

Well before then I think you going to need a brain potency test
You must be a vicious and unforgiving politician...Buhari attende united state war college ...did he not tender certificate before admission....pls stop all this hatred...it is unwarranted...
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by alsudaes1(m): 12:38am On Aug 21, 2015
ronald4lif:

Always try to digest a message and not the source. Did it occur to you that SR might have done it homework and discovered that the said doctorary degree was supposedly bestowed on him after the university was blacklisted in 2005?

His Bachelors degree and any other degree earned is baseless and he should be relieve off his new appointment if we're truly a nation that want change. I trust you wouldn't want someone with a fraudulent degree head a strategic commission as the FIR or would you?

I am astonished at your understanding and judgement of issues by asserting that "His Bachelors degree and any other degree earned is baseless" just because a media outfit alleged that his "Honorary" Doctorate degree is fake!!!

Bro, there is a difference between "Honorary" Doctorate degree and "Earned" Doctorate degree

it is obvious that so many contributors on this issue are ignorant of this
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by alsudaes1(m): 12:42am On Aug 21, 2015
M16:

Ode. "Honorary Doctorate" is not basic qualification. Learn to read and undersatnd

God bless you bro. . .

imagine the guy you quoted condemning someone but in the real sense displaying his level of ignorance and folly
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by yemivictor: 12:58am On Aug 21, 2015
Having read all of the 5 pages of comments in defense and attack, i am certain that PMB will review this carefully and make amends where necessary.

The retired General that he is, PMB will not shy away from revoking Mr Fowler's appointment if there are enough grounds for it.
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by ldpele(m): 1:45am On Aug 21, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
thinefbn brother, Is that your, you have never failed protecting the interest of the west; Yoruba
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by PassingShot(m): 2:54am On Aug 21, 2015
JuanDeDios:

The point he raised about multi-campus does not prove anything but it's sufficient ground for scrutiny. Nobody has said Mr Fowler should be taken to Kirikiri yet. I myself have never met someone who introduced himself as attending the University of California, for example - you say University of California at Los Angeles, at San Diego, at Berkerley, etc. University of Texas at Austin. It's not quite the same thing as UNN. If I met someone who tells me he went to the University of California I would not conclude he is a fraud, but I'd make enquiries if we are dealing with something important.

On the Dr title, I didn't even know about the VCs' resolution - I just found that practice an ugly manifestation of the Nigerian's love for titles and aggrandisement. Now, if the VCs who're responsible or handing out the "honourary" titles in Nigeria resolve that recipients don't prefix their name with Dr, DECENT people are expected to comply. You say it's not illegal, yeah, not brushing your mouth in the morning is not illegal. Remember nobody has said he has done anything illegal - what SR and Kperogi have revealed have called his MORAL character into question at a time Nigerians at still holding their noses from the stench of the Jonathan era and looking forward to a new era. Your assertion that Kperogi is holding straws is in bad faith. But this is Nigeria, so I guess you reckon it's okay for people appointed into high office to have big question marks trailing them as long as it's the side you support that is doing the appointing. That's what the rest of us get from you partisans.
I get it from all you've written that you agree nothing has been proved against the man and that's exactly my problem with SR or anyone who clings to the unsubstantiated and unproven news. We must desist from Pull Him Down (PhD) politics we play in Nigeria just to get at the opponents. It's completely wrong of SR and Kperogi to make an unverified claim and brand his honorary degree "fake" without having completed their investigations. The onus is on those who allege to prove their point and not who is being accused. So, your point suggesting someone to make inquiries (perhaps you expect the presidency to do that even) on a degree which would definitely NOT have been submitted alongside his credentials holds no water. For crying out loud, IT IS A HONORARY AWARD and as such he needn't submit same along his documents while being considered for the post.

Finally, note that even as a Buharist, I have called out the president on few occasions on this forum. Check my posts/threads record to clear your doubt. But on this one, the president has not erred a bit.

1 Like

Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by adenine02: 4:57am On Aug 21, 2015
EgusiSoup:

Hw did you feel when you called GEJ CLUELESS?

I av never called him dt undecided

Buh don forget dt respect for elder is is a strong part of our culture

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by mhbabanna: 6:20am On Aug 21, 2015
suremanpatriot:

You must be a vicious and unforgiving politician...Buhari attende united state war college ...did he not tender certificate before admission....pls stop all this hatred...it is unwarranted...
Hey Mr I u sure you comprehended my statement before commenting, taking a second look at it would do a whole lot of good. That statement was referring to the poster before me not PMB. Please next time be more attentive
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 6:22am On Aug 21, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
Go in the way of the Igbos and die in your millions, a word is enough for the wise
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by otokx(m): 6:27am On Aug 21, 2015
Our media is going to the dogs, SR goofed on this one.
Re: Babatunde Fowler Has Fake Honorary Doctorate Degree - Sahara Reporters by OZAOEKPE(f): 7:22am On Aug 21, 2015
JayJohnson:

Go in the way of the Igbos and die in your millions, a word is enough for the wise
Biafra is a failed project, I won't take you serious not until kalu himself comes to Nigeria to lead the war

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sule Lamido In Private Meeting With Atiku In Dubai [PHOTO] / Buhari Launches Calabar-Kastina-Ala Super Highway Project / Pictures From The Construction Of The 2nd Niger Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.