Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,275 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:23 AM

How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? (43434 Views)

Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? / RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by KoloOyinbo(m): 3:51pm On Mar 29, 2016
GooseBaba:

See how useless you are..

I told you am an Urhobo. And you use the word "primitive pagan".. When I've already told you my identity/heritage.. That's the same rubbish the evangelical christains say. But eager to scream tolerance.

Anyhow sha, two can play that game. Now Since you're Irish I would refer to you as a cat licking, mackerel snapping Irish rag.

Ignorance is bliss....bitcch!!

Try and think if you are capable of it. The ignorant pagan refers to your belief not your tribe. I know some Urohobo and they are very nice people. You however are the antithesis of that!

Your feeble attempts at insult are as ineffective as they are infantile but that is what we have come to expect from you. Paganism in 2016

Your only function on nairaland is to insult others but then you get upset when you fail to annoy them! You really need all the prayers you can get or perhaps one of those missionaries should have opened up a school in your village.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by damosky12(m): 4:20pm On Mar 29, 2016
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Jamesrock(m): 4:24pm On Mar 29, 2016
huntax:

If Jesus answers your prayers, then what does the Almighty God do?
by his virtue of being d second person in d trinity....JESUS is also GOD
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Rossy99(f): 4:26pm On Mar 29, 2016
How do u knw?give me example of such pple
caphone:

And you believe yu can resuurrect? But lemme ask yu do know that there are more Godly and God fearing people who died buh never resurrect, what's yo take on that?
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by GooseBaba: 4:31pm On Mar 29, 2016
KoloOyinbo:

Try and think if you are capable of it. The ignorant pagan refers to your belief not your tribe. I know some Urohobo and they are very nice people. You however are the antithesis of that!

Your feeble attempts at insult are as ineffective as they are infantile but that is what we have come to expect from you. Paganism in 2016

Your only function on nairaland is to insult others but then you get upset when you fail to annoy them! You really need all the prayers you can get or perhaps one of those missionaries should have opened up a school in your village.

Idiot man...!! Then what do you call christianity. Clearly, we know there was no such thing as christianity in the time of the late christ. The motherfuvker was pagan too.

The book that defines your beliefs is of pagan origin. Hiding under the umbrella of religion is simply delusion. The stupid missionaries came and tagged other beliefs concept as paganism, while promoting worshipping of the dead... The irony. undecided

What significant is your knowing of some Urhobo's got to do with your stupidity. An Urhobo who identifies with his culture and heritage is termed a pagan.

Now I see why they called your people Irish rags...

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by KoloOyinbo(m): 4:48pm On Mar 29, 2016
GooseBaba:

Idiot man...!! Then what do you call christianity. Clearly, we know there was no such thing as christianity in the time of the late christ. The motherfuvker was pagan too.

The book that defines your beliefs is of pagan origin. Hiding under the umbrella of religion is simply delusion. The stupid missionaries came and tagged other beliefs concept as paganism, while promoting worshipping of the dead... The irony. undecided

What significant is your knowing of some Urhobo's got to do with your stupidity. An Urhobo who identifies with his culture and heritage is termed a pagan.

Now I see why they called your people Irish rags...

Judaism prior to Christianity, didnt you know? Second paragraph just irrelevant ramblings. Christianity and even Judaism is a rejection on primitive savage paganism.

You were the one brought up Urohobo and tried (unsuccessfully) to make it appear I was attacking you because of tribe. Iam not of course. Merely point out your ill manners, lack of logical thought, lack of intelligence, lack of respect for fellow people, etc etc etc. Lol.

Cultures (all of them) evolve. Pagans stay stuck in the past quite incapable of seeing the difference between any spiritual religion and the ignorant superstitions of uneducated village idiot pagans.

Now please dont get too upset. You come here to insult and argue but then get mad when unable to upset others or influence them in any way. While Urohobo culture and heritage is as laudable as any other no culture anywhere can be used to justify some mud hut slowpoke believing in paganism in 2016! Do please do yourself a favour and think clearly. Who would give any responsible job to some idiot believing in tree spirits of mami waters or wind spirits or whatever your particular fantasies are. Perhaps if you do then some of those prayers your betters have offerred for you will have eorked. Note how they repay your ill manners and boorish behaviour with kindness and prayer.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by caphone: 5:05pm On Mar 29, 2016
[quote author=Rossy99 post=44222751]How do u knw?give me example of such pple[/quot

Maam its obvious that I quiet believe yu experienced/witnessed alotta burials which includes godfearing people with inpaccable characters. Or haven't yu witnessed any? I think that kinda example will do
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by GooseBaba: 5:35pm On Mar 29, 2016
KoloOyinbo:

Judaism prior to Christianity, didnt you know? Second paragraph just irrelevant ramblings. Christianity and even Judaism is a rejection on primitive savage paganism.

You were the one brought up Urohobo and tried (unsuccessfully) to make it appear I was attacking you because of tribe. Iam not of course. Merely point out your ill manners, lack of logical thought, lack of intelligence, lack of respect for fellow people, etc etc etc. Lol.

Cultures (all of them) evolve. Pagans stay stuck in the past quite incapable of seeing the difference between any spiritual religion and the ignorant superstitions of uneducated village idiot pagans.

Now please dont get too upset. You come here to insult and argue but then get mad when unable to upset others or influence them in any way. While Urohobo culture and heritage is as laudable as any other no culture anywhere can be used to justify some mud hut slowpoke believing in paganism in 2016! Do please do yourself a favour and think clearly. Who would give any responsible job to some idiot believing in tree spirits of mami waters or wind spirits or whatever your particular fantasies are. Perhaps if you do then some of those prayers your betters have offerred for you will have eorked. Note how they repay your ill manners and boorish behaviour with kindness and prayer.

Judaism is what....paganism you dumb azz. Why the heck did they need a "new testament"...it's expected coming from a mackerel snapper. Christianity is primitive paganism too..!! For crying out loud. They worship a 2000+ years old dead man with a personal relationship on the side. How primitive can one get.. Your faith is grounded on superstitions and you have the effrontery to accuse others of superstitions. Geraout dia men.....

Meanwhile, who dash you the right to tell me how I feel. Is it the gift you get from praying to the dead. And off course, you would like to side step history in order to carry on with your lies.

So it's me that should change my behavior, not the idiots that walk up to a stranger and tell him he needs to be born again because a dead man died for his sins. Are you fuvking kidding me!!!
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by macof(m): 6:43pm On Mar 29, 2016
karkel:
he is alive,been made king in heaven and waiting for the conclusion of the system things to make himself available ie his second coming then u will believe
can you be so sure this thing your pastor told you is reality and not fairytale?

can a man live 2000years ago and still be alive? can a man dead for about 2000yrs come back in a '2nd coming"?
If yes pls give me a sufficiently logical explanation
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by macof(m): 6:46pm On Mar 29, 2016
[quote author=900warriorz post=44197228][/quote]

werey ni e
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by macof(m): 6:47pm On Mar 29, 2016
riddo2:
you've cursed yourself forever and so shall it be

no fool. I've actually blessed myself forever
you are the cursed one worshipping a gay dead jew

2 Likes

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by KoloOyinbo(m): 8:36pm On Mar 29, 2016
GooseBaba:

Judaism is what....paganism you dumb azz. Why the heck did they need a "new testament"...it's expected coming from a mackerel snapper. Christianity is primitive paganism too..!! For crying out loud. They worship a 2000+ years old dead man with a personal relationship on the side. How primitive can one get.. Your faith is grounded on superstitions and you have the effrontery to accuse others of superstitions. Geraout dia men.....

Meanwhile, who dash you the right to tell me how I feel. Is it the gift you get from praying to the dead. And off course, you would like to side step history in order to carry on with your lies.

So it's me that should change my behavior, not the idiots that walk up to a stranger and tell him he needs to be born again because a dead man died for his sins. Are you fuvking kidding me!!!

Judaism, Islam and Christianity are non pagan Abrahamic religions. Really, if you wish to speak to your betters about something you should at least try and get some basic idea of the subject.

Sorry you are getting so upset. Hope their prayers work for you. At least they are praying to a God who made the Universe rather than some spirit of a stream or plant or other such primitive nonsense.

Good luck to you. You have our sympathy!
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Ben6ene: 9:31pm On Mar 29, 2016
Atlantian:
I dont know why anyone will believe Jesus resurrected in 21st century. Do we just throw our brains away and reason like goats ? Rise to where ? in which sky ?

it is such a pity ur sense failed u brother!
no reasoning at all with ur commemt
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by chikaor(f): 9:53pm On Mar 29, 2016
Atlantian:
It is all lies and control statements. Jesus never resurrected. No one goes into space with this body. Oxygen is not there at high altitude. How can his body survive without oxygen. I doubt the resurrection story 100%.
how do you sleep and wake up? who controls your life?, do you know when your body grows?. how is a baby formed in the womb and what does wind look like?. Read Romans 10:9.
Heaven and earth are real.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Policy001(m): 10:24pm On Mar 29, 2016
CaptainJune:

In what context does sacrifice mean permanence? That is what I'm after. Show me the definition of sacrifice as being permanent in nature, then I'll know you have a point.

Jesus already knew He would be raised from the dead. That did not stop Him from 'giving' His life. Last time I checked, giving something you would ordinarily keep to others for their good and satisfaction is sacrifice. If I gave you my plate of food so that you will find satisfaction in eating, does my act of giving become lending just because I have more food in the pot?

Just listen to yourself. I give my life for a brother. I died. It is a sacrifice. I give my life for a brother. I died. Some days later, by some inexplicable means, I came back to life. My action of giving up my life is not a sacrifice because I came back to life. By your argument, you atheists define sacrifice as the loss of something that can never be regained or the act of giving up something that can never be returned, isn't it?

I have told you guys, and I say it again, whether you define sacrifice as permanent loss where temporary loss is lending or you define it as the loss of something that can never be regained or the act of giving up something that can never be returned, since your definition of sacrifice and your argument of the same are in stark contrast with each other, and judging from your inability to tell the difference between what constitutes an act of sacrifice and what constitutes an act of lending, I hereby rest my case.
bross, nuff respect for you on this. You really did nail it
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by GooseBaba: 10:47pm On Mar 29, 2016
KoloOyinbo:

Judaism, Islam and Christianity are non pagan Abrahamic religions. Really, if you wish to speak to your betters about something you should at least try and get some basic idea of the subject.

Sorry you are getting so upset. Hope their prayers work for you. At least they are praying to a God who made the Universe rather than some spirit of a stream or plant or other such primitive nonsense.

Good luck to you. You have our sympathy!

Shut up your mouth... Abrahamics gods are pagan gods. They still do everything the so called pagans do. Worship and pray.

Meanwhile, Who term the other concepts of supreme beings pagan..? Did any of the so called pagans term themselves pagan.. Ask yourself that dummy. That's why you keep regurgitating that colonial rubbish.

You keep showcasing your stupidity as always. No wonder You are considered rags by your betters. What is the name of your ancestoral god? What is your history before christianity? You inferior swine..
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by IsaacBuchi(m): 11:23pm On Mar 29, 2016
CANTICLES:

My good brother, how's everything ?,... hmm this thread further proof that there is no place like Jehovah's organization.

Exactly o!...Thank Jehovah for bringing out of darkness into his wonderful light.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by KoloOyinbo(m): 11:49pm On Mar 29, 2016
GooseBaba:

Shut up your mouth... Abrahamics gods are pagan gods. They still do everything the so called pagans do. Worship and pray.

Meanwhile, Who term the other concepts of supreme beings pagan..? Did any of the so called pagans term themselves pagan.. Ask yourself that dummy. That's why you keep regurgitating that colonial rubbish.

You keep showcasing your stupidity as always. No wonder You are considered rags by your betters. What is the name of your ancestoral god? What is your history before christianity? You inferior swine..

So what differentiates paganism from religion? Guess the world should change its definitions to suit you!

Lol. You really need to learn to think but should calm down and chill before trying to learn your lessons. Ask the people nice enough to try to help you to pray harder when they offer. And dont give yourself a heart attack! Lol
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by GooseBaba: 12:09am On Mar 30, 2016
KoloOyinbo:

So what differentiates paganism from religion? Guess the world should change its definitions to suit you!

Lol. You really need to learn to think but should calm down and chill before trying to learn your lessons. Ask the people nice enough to try to help you to pray harder when they offer. And dont give yourself a heart attack! Lol

Delusion......

Because you can always be ex christain, but you can never be ex Irish.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Atlantian: 12:33am On Mar 30, 2016
chikaor:

how do you sleep and wake up? who controls your life?, do you know when your body grows?. how is a baby formed in the womb and what does wind look like?. Read Romans 10:9.
Heaven and earth are real.
Heaven and hell are creations of the mind, your mind. It is not a geographical location, but simple a place in the mind, a state of mind. I am presently living in heaven, yes and this is what exists, we do not necessarily need another heaven, what for ?
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:45am On Mar 30, 2016
GooseBaba:

Delusion......

Because you can always be ex christain, but you can never be ex Irish.

This is relevant how? Or have you no answer to the question?

If you wish me to ex anything do try to provide a justification for why! Lol
At least you have calmed down a bit. Great, you might live longer (if no babalwo puts a juju curse on you. Lol)
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by MacBuoro(m): 3:02am On Mar 30, 2016
Forgive them Father, for they do not know what they're saying, in Jesus name, Amen.
Why argue with them when it's baseless, leave everyone to his or her own faith, when the time comes, we will surely answer for ourselves.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by GooseBaba: 3:14am On Mar 30, 2016
KoloOyinbo:

This is relevant how? Or have you no answer to the question?

If you wish me to ex anything do try to provide a justification for why! Lol
At least you have calmed down a bit. Great, you might live longer (if no babalwo puts a juju curse on you. Lol)

Hehehehe..... Look at this paddy. So now you don't know the meaning of delusion ".... My friend get lost!

If I wish "....you must be drunk on cheap mead.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Jimmykozz(m): 4:29am On Mar 30, 2016
theDEVILisHERE:
Stop worshiping or praying to that greek demon called Is-zeuz/ Je-zeuz aka JESUS

He is the source of your misery you idiotic Africans!!!!
Let's try to understand something's about what we don't know and about some things which becomes misery to us by checking and answering questions that we may asking....

As for the 25th of December celebration,the
birth of Jesus,and the relations between Pagans
- Christians - Jews at that era at the Byzantine
Rome:
#1 First of all lets get a fact right: From the
moment Constantine made Christianity the
official religion of Rome,Christianity was
distorted to fit the ideology of Rome.
*Jesus took people outside temples and was
against them - Roman Church made temples.
*Jesus preached people that God would hear
anyone and disregarded priests and rabbis -
Romans made Christianity a public service,and
turned priests to a place superior than mortals
in closeness to God.
*Jesus said "do not kill" - Rome along with the
agreeing "Church" killed "in the name of
Jesus"...
I think these examples were enough of Rome's
forgery to the Christian movement.
#2 Christianity was not adopted peacefully - it
was forced through a deadly pogrom against
non-Christians that used to live in Rome. The
pogrom took place during the reign of
Theodosius II. Millions of Pagans and Jews were
murdered,and the only non-christians that
survived,were Jews that acted as they were
Christians. The hate of the false "Christian
Church" against Pagans was so harsh,that the
Christians not only massacred even underaged
children of pagan families,they also broke their
temples,closed their schools like Plato's
Academy,closed Gyms,and forbade science
calling it "satan's work". Most of the broken
ancient temples you will find in Greece,Italy,and
Egypt weren't broken by natural disasters,but
by Christian fanatic mobs.
#3 The ban of other religions except Christianity
was done in a single day,with a single Imperial
Decree. Even though some people stopped
practicing non-Christian rituals in public,some
festivals were so big,and so much integrated
into the culture of the people,that the Imperial
Government just changed the names of the
deities the rituals were worshipping. So the
celebration for the birth of Dionysos became the
celebration for the birth of Jesus. Of course
Jesus was not born on December 25th. One of
the Apostles (don't remember who) said that
during the day of Jesus's birth there were some
animals in Israel (sorry don't remember what
animals either),and according to common
knowledge / science,these animals immigrate and
only stay at Israel during October. So in
reality,the true birth of Jesus was probably in
some day of October.
From the above facts,we can put to rest the
conspiracy theory that "pagans changed the
religion of Jesus for malice".
Because the truth is "politicians changed the
religion of Jesus to turn it to a propaganda
tool,and slayed all the Pagan population because
they couldn't be controlled by the
government,and the change happened so fast
and with such a violence,that people couldn't get
used to such a comp
letely different world that
was forced on them,that the government had to
turn the names of previous religious festivals to
christianize them".
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Jimmykozz(m): 5:14am On Mar 30, 2016
MacBuoro:
Forgive them Father, for they do not know what they're saying, in Jesus name, Amen.
Why argue with them when it's baseless, leave everyone to his or her own faith, when the time comes, we will surely answer for ourselves.
Abii the bible has warned we Christians in proverbs 26:4 where he told us not to answer a fool according to his foolishness or we will be like him yourself.

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:22am On Mar 30, 2016
KoloOyinbo:

Lol. I doubt that you were just asking a simple question! If so you are the first I have seen in this section doing that. Its just part of the game to criticise believers/non believers etc whatever the opposite group is. If you are genuine the are plenty of answers on the net.
Beht it is still a kweshun and this is the internet now abi?

Just answer na.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:23am On Mar 30, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Uncle Chris cool grin long time. Hope you're good. MuskeetMuskeeto.

Mosi Mosi!

Mosi you don wear another name cloth. How market now?
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by KoloOyinbo(m): 11:12am On Mar 30, 2016
Chrisbenogor:

Beht it is still a kweshun and this is the internet now abi?

Just answer na.

The pain and the suffering and the actual. The resurrection was the miracle afterwards.

Christians believe this a sacrifice and always will.

Non Christians may or may not believe but I dont see why they care.

Everyone knows this and by reading the comments here it is clear that some sad people are only trying to draw out Christians to argue and attempt to ridicule them or theor beliefs. SHAME on them.

Perhaps those who dont believe should state their religous beliefs or otherwise so they can be attacked?
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 11:22am On Mar 30, 2016
Chrisbenogor:

Mosi Mosi!

Mosi you don wear another name cloth. How market now?
I'm ok, jare. Nice to hear from you. Market is getting better.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 11:25am On Mar 30, 2016
KoloOyinbo:

The pain and the suffering and the actual. The resurrection was the miracle afterwards.

Eh ya. Poor Jesus. Mandela spent 27 years in prison. Soldiers die everyday. A carpenter's son made claims he was the Son of God, got killed by his kinsmen, hung on the cross like all crooks and thieves deserved... Lol.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by KoloOyinbo(m): 11:34am On Mar 30, 2016
GooseBaba:

Hehehehe..... Look at this paddy. So now you don't know the meaning of delusion ".... My friend get lost!

If I wish "....you must be drunk on cheap mead.

What an illerate! We were not discussing delusion and if you cannot beg enough funds to buy a dictionary I dont care!

:-)

Now you clearly have no interest in this thread other than insulting your betters. So when do we actually hear something positive related to the thread?

Go ask your teacher how to reply perhaps.

Now we know you hate Christianity and Christians and believe in some primitive ideas that you are too ashamed to expound.

So lets all hear you ideas of what a GOD(s) should be? Then we will attack you perhaps.

I doubt you will respond with those ideas. People like you love to attack others and be as offensive as you can but are much too cowardly to try to defend your own fantasy. So how about it?

HAVE YOU BALLS TO STATE YOUR OWN GODS THAT YOU BELIEVE IN?

This will at least be hilarious for today!
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by KoloOyinbo(m): 11:39am On Mar 30, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Eh ya. Poor Jesus. Mandela spent 27 years in prison. Soldiers die everyday. A carpenter's son made claims he was the Son of God, got killed by his kinsmen, hung on the cross like all crooks and thieves deserved... Lol.

Like I have stated repeatedly and your irrelevant post proves you cowardly and bad mannered fools are simply good for attempting to offend others but afraid to put your own ideas forward for scrutiny. Pathetic really but at least consistent with what we have cone to expect.

So you dont believe in Christianity. We get it. We do. And we do despite your ill mannered and unwarranted attacks. So put forward you beliefs atheist or pagan and see if you can defend them?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Why Do Christians Ignore These Rules In The Bible? / The Most Powerful Spiritualist/herbalist In Nigeria.....+234867395768 / Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.