Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? (43608 Views)

Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? / RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Gracemacel: 11:03pm On Mar 28, 2016
[quote author=r2beez post=44202635]The question about the death and resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ as whether or not it's a sacrifice is not a surprise because that sets the Christian faith apart as there was never anyone be it a prophet or atheist or anything that came to this world and resurrected. It's understandable that other faith might feel pained and would like to contest and dispute the truth but that will not make it less a truth.

I urge all genuine children of God to shun any form of argument/debate with atheist/other religious beliefs but pray for them that they might know the truth and the truth shall set them free. They tried to conceal the resurrection of Christ long time ago but they failed. Why then bother yourself now.... 'my church have I built on you and the gate of hell shall not prevail against it.'

I urge Christians to know that in the last days various people will arise atheist and their sympathizers and shall speak ill of the message of the cross but hold fast to that which you know lest you lose it.

We ain't seen anything yet, more of them are coming.. .. may God have mercy on their souls... amen.

God Bless You.

2 Likes

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by GooseBaba: 11:06pm On Mar 28, 2016
r2beez:
The question about the death and resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ as whether or not it's a sacrifice is not a surprise because that sets the Christian faith apart as there was never anyone be it a prophet or atheist or anything that came to this world and resurrected. It's understandable that other faith might feel pained and would like to contest and dispute the truth but that will not make it less a truth.

I urge all genuine children of God to shun any form of argument/debate with atheist/other religious beliefs but pray for them that they might know the truth and the truth shall set them free. They tried to conceal the resurrection of Christ long time ago but they failed. Why then bother yourself now.... 'my church have I built on you and the gate of hell shall not prevail against it.'

I urge Christians to know that in the last days various people will arise atheist and their sympathizers and shall speak ill of the message of the cross but hold fast to that which you know lest you lose it.

We ain't seen anything yet, more of them are coming.. .. may God have mercy on their souls... amen.

We have been waiting for over 2000+ years.... undecided

Playing the victim card while still being a nuisance..

Say NO TO HYPOCRISY!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by mavister(m): 11:08pm On Mar 28, 2016
GooseBaba:

Say NO TO HYPOCRISY!!!

My friend, to start with ,what do you believe in?
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by mavister(m): 11:11pm On Mar 28, 2016
GooseBaba:

Say NO TO HYPOCRISY!!!

Good a thing you said 'we' ...meaning yourself and everyone else... From that word 'we'..it simply means you believe he is coming back again.. I understand your pains...
Perhaps at a point in the christian race, u lost it... U lost faith and hope... Isn't it?
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by ayopo10(m): 11:13pm On Mar 28, 2016
Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God

Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Hebrews 7:27 Unlike those other high priests, he does
not need to offer sacrifices every day.
They did this for their own sins first and
then for the sins of the people. But Jesus
did this once for all when he offered
himself as the sacrifice for the people's
sins.

John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by rallymento(m): 11:14pm On Mar 28, 2016
I thnank God for the gift of Salvation through His Son Jesus Christ.

I honestly feel for some people...
Some people are already condemned (reprobate minds)..

There is a way that seems right to a man; but the end thereof is destruction..

Maranatha ......

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by ayopo10(m): 11:20pm On Mar 28, 2016
1 Corinthians 15:12 Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead? 15:13 But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: 15:14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. 15:15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not. 15:16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: 15:17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. 15:18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. 15:19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable. 15:20 But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

2 Likes

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Johnhug66(m): 11:21pm On Mar 28, 2016
Atlantian:
It is all lies and control statements. Jesus never resurrected. No one goes into space with this body. Oxygen is not there at high altitude. How can his body survive without oxygen. I doubt the resurrection story 100%.
dundy we aren't saying buhari resurrected.we are talking about d king of kings.his very self is d source of science. Who created d oxygen? U ARE A FOOL

2 Likes

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by yemmy75(m): 11:25pm On Mar 28, 2016
kevoh:

A sacrifice is a loss or something you give up, usually for the sake of a better cause.

Source : http://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/sacrifice

Examples:
1. You (sacrifice) give up one of your two healthy kidneys to save your ailing aunty or friend who needs a kidney transplant. The sacrificed kidney never comes back to you in 3 days, it's gone forever.

2. You sacrifice your time saving/helping accident victims on a Monday morning making you miss an 8a.m presentation to a billionaire client and got sacked by your no nonsense boss for coming late due to that. Time sacrificed will not come back to you in 3 days time! You have lost it forever and your job too!

Jesus sacrificed his place in heaven, came down here & suffered shame, humiliation & death. So I don't really get what point you're trying to make

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Lankaline(m): 11:28pm On Mar 28, 2016
I knw exactly hw ds guy feel,,i used to be like yu dear,,but these days,i will be the last fool to argue whether Jesus exists or nt,,i still tnk God fr ma life
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by theDEVILisHERE: 11:31pm On Mar 28, 2016
dapipson:
Thanks for your response. I do understand through your post that you believe that there is a creator which you don't know his name which probably could be the reason why you reason the way you do and that instead of believing and reverencing that creator, you choose to believe in common sense. Can't you see that there is a disconnect in your mode of thinking?

I believe that there is a creator who is Lord almighty, Jehovah Yahweh, the creator of the universe and everything there in. Only him will i reverence.

My own common sense has led me to prove Him right.

I know you don't share in this faith of mine but if you wish to give it a try, please you may read the Bible whole heartedly for seven days, and say this after each reading "Lord Jesus, I truly want to know who you are. prove yourself to me if you are truly the son of God"

If after seven days and you didn't get the answer, you may leave.

Thanks for reading

Lol

Here you are still going through the religious route you have been systematical brainwashed into accepting

This is what belief systems such as religion does to people
Twisting facts (like existence of your creator) to a perpetrate a fraud and grand deception

How can you ask your creator to prove himself to you?

Why should he do that in first place?

Most of you can not reason devoid of this metal slave box your religious deceivers have put you into
Most of you guys are too far gone
it is almost hopelessly irredeemable

I really feel sorry for most of you guys
cause you guys are not aware of what you are doing to yourselves
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by yemmy75(m): 11:39pm On Mar 28, 2016
GooseBaba:

Captain unnecessary rationality.....

Last I checked death is permanent... He "died"=permanent. He resurrected =WTF..!!

Like the examples given... If I donate my kidney.it's gone permanently, if i get it back in 3 days. That's makes it a mirage because it never happened. Does the recipient still have a new kidney..?

The late jesus christ (pbuh) is probably pissed off right at people Using his name to tell european lies... undecided
If the same God that made death 'permanent' decides to resurrect some people to suit his grand purpose, do you have problems with that? Or would you charge him to court for doing that? By the way, resurrecting people is something God has done time & time again, and isn't peculiar only to Jesus Christ
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by yemmy75(m): 11:41pm On Mar 28, 2016
HOW DO YOU KNOW THERE WAS ANYBODY NAMED JESUS CHRIST?
THERE IS NO REAL EVIDENCE.
Sir, how do you know you have a brain? Have you had a cranial CT done?

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by yemmy75(m): 11:43pm On Mar 28, 2016
HOW DO YOU KNOW THERE WAS ANYBODY NAMED JESUS CHRIST?
THERE IS NO REAL EVIDENCE.
Sir, how do you know you have a brain? Have you had a cranial CT done?
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by pedibaba360(m): 11:45pm On Mar 28, 2016
To all the atheist in the house.
By having an open mind. It's so easy to see the truth but since your minds have been blinded I don't blame you but things could be better if you read this.
In his resurrection, Jesus heads a new race of men. Whose life are sourced from God, and resident in their new born spirit.
The normal man born of a woman has only his mind and senses to resort to, therefore is incapable of understanding spiritual things. The things of God, as the creator, savior or Lord.
So a careful examination and acknowledgement of truths as revealed by the Bible would make these words which are but the unveiling of God's wisdom in these crucial times to recover you in his love; produce life in your spirit which is separated from God- As the Spirit of God has once more been poured into the earth to convict you of spiritual reality which your mind alone can't grasp.
(Truths can also be gathered from creation and a careful pondering of your thirst for purpose with a view to make sense out of your earthly walk.
I mean why should I live only to die and say, maybe later be a part of what I don't know of after death say maybe matter?)
This act is called faith. So simple. Acknowledge the truth and experience it.
The acknowledgement on your part is a response to what is revealed of God through the Bible, a little of which is summarized here.
So atheist, Jesus died to take away your sins and the fact that you're condemned before God because of Adam's sin which you're not directly guilty of but suffer the consequence- your being condemned before God.
But he rose again not to be God (in likeness of a man) again but a new man, exalted by God to be Lord over all things and for God's praise. Also the leaving behind of his glory to become a new man of whom we are his glory and his newly inherited glory from God is for us. Now his person today is not complete without us neither are we without him. This is sacrifice.
Originally he was complete before without us. For in the beginning was the word, and the word was with God and the word was God. Then He came and dwelt among us in the flesh but died. Now he's risen as the Son of God and today God has spoken to us in him- by us being identified with him and he with us as revealed by the Bible and the Holy Spirit's corresponding conviction, that he may bring us to God and enjoy God. He being the vine, we as the branches and God being the farmer.
Praise God.
Now is the acceptable time of God for your salvation; ponder, believe and confess Jesus today to be complete by/in him and be at peace with God.
So for the records no Christian can be sorry as some wish or brought down by arguments because every Christian considering majorly the least is way ahead of you in capacity to know - the new born spirit and the witness of the Holy Spirit therein to know God and Jesus the one whom he has sent.
I hope you read this though and may God give you understanding.

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by yemmy75(m): 11:50pm On Mar 28, 2016
frank317:
CaptainJune, you are just bringing in unnecessary Logic here. How exactly is Jesus or God's death a sacrifice? Sacrifice to what end? Sacrifice to who and for what?
He was a spirit man. He took a temporary flesh body and looses it for just three days and in those three days he just simply became his main spirit man. After that he came back to temporal flesh. And you call that a sacrifice? Lol
Yet he willingly returned back to his spirit being. What's the sacrifice there really?
If I am asked to die for the whole world for three days and you give me just 10000 naira in return, I will gladly "sacrifice" my life cool
Add the beating, torture & humiliation & I'm sure you'd think twice... As the sharp guy I'm sure you are
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by GooseBaba: 12:04am On Mar 29, 2016
yemmy75:

If the same God that made death 'permanent' decides to resurrect some people to suit his grand purpose, do you have problems with that? Or would you charge him to court for doing that? By the way, resurrecting people is something God has done time & time again, and isn't peculiar only to Jesus Christ

That's a belief... Kindly stick with reality. When was the last time you witness a ressurection..? grin peculiar ko, peculiar ni...
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by GooseBaba: 12:07am On Mar 29, 2016
mavister:

Good a thing you said 'we' ...meaning yourself and everyone else... From that word 'we'..it simply means you believe he is coming back again.. I understand your pains...
Perhaps at a point in the christian race, u lost it... U lost faith and hope... Isn't it?

Pulling on delusion are we........? We the non belivers are waiting for your god to carry his dustbin... Rapture things... grin
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by GooseBaba: 12:08am On Mar 29, 2016
mavister:

My friend, to start with ,what do you believe in?

Humanity, backed by the teachings of my ancestors...anything else?
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:17am On Mar 29, 2016
GooseBaba:

And what do I say of evangelical christains. Disturbing my peace with their beliefs...

If the beliefs of other disturb you, you will have a very unhappy life! Do try and chill. If we all agreed then the world would be a boring place. Plus you have been on Nairaland long enough to know the variety of opinions here and that many simply are here to be argumentative and even when proven wrong will never admit it.

P.s. where is your good friend Pagan9ja these days? He is always a laugh when you get past all the nonsense.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by favouryemmy: 12:24am On Mar 29, 2016
kevoh:

Answer lies in my modified post, let's no go into unnecessary dabbling about semantics. It's quite obvious and straightforward what '' Sacrifice'' means!

The plain Truth is that Jesus Christ was born, he suffered and died on our behalf, was killed and resurrected on the third day and ascended to heaven and He is coming back again for us His Saints. What you don't want to acknowledge is that death is not the cessation of a human being's existence. It is only a translation from one physical world to another spiritual world and that is what happened to Jesus. In other words he truly sacrificed His life for you and I whether you believe in Him or not. He had to rise again because since He promised He would die and rise again, He had to fulfill His Word and by so doing give us hope that one day, even if we die on earth, we would also resurrect like Him. When He died, He said it is finished signifying the completion of the task of dying for mankind and God accepted His sacrifice with many signs that followed. Accept Him into your life as your personal Lord and Saviour and you shall have the eternal life He died to give us. God bless you
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by opribo(m): 12:41am On Mar 29, 2016
Like in the days of Noah, they won't believe they want to see evidence, they want to see signs and wonders but my Father told them I will be handed to the Jews and crucified and on the third day shall rise again and go to my Father in Heaven, where I truly belong.

The people of the world cannot understand how the oceans remain at their boundaries without crossing, they can't understand where dead people go when they die, the doubting Thomases cannot understand how a madman feeds from the decaying dustbin yet is never sick, they cannot understand even their science upon all their gadgets cannot locate where a giant aeroplane disappeared into they are still guessing and searching..Upon all their scientific break through they cannot make a strand of human hair. They cannot bring back a dead person back to life.

The ways of God are awe and Amen, no man can understand it.

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by KoloOyinbo(m): 12:42am On Mar 29, 2016
GooseBaba:

Unsupported..... Lol....
Your beliefs is supported by the writings of men.
Mine is supported by nature.
Worshiping the dead and having a. Relationship is unnatural.
Remembering the dead is natural.
Who has strange beliefs again... grin

What are you rambling and gibbering about now? We know you are not a Christian and enjoy attempting being offensive to your betters by attacking their beliefs. I cant remember if you are one the atheists or one of the pagan tree worshipers! Which is it again?
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Raziii(m): 12:48am On Mar 29, 2016
GooseBaba:

Hahaha..... Don't be delirious. Where did I tell you I worship anything. So to acknowledge your identity is now a bad thing.. ;DSee the results of indoctrination. What is enlightenment if I may ask?

Who is Yahweh to the Israelites...? He is their traditional god. The stories in the bible is their traditional stories/history. And here you are, a bonified gentile speaking on behalf of an isrealite deity.

And yes, we hear of miracles. Just like we hear of muhammad ascending to the sky. No big deal..
you not the stubborn type... I like that. Someday you will understand it all my friend
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by yemmy75(m): 12:50am On Mar 29, 2016
GooseBaba:

That's a belief... Kindly stick with reality. When was the last time you witness a ressurection..? grin peculiar ko, peculiar ni...
I witnessed it a couple of times when I couldn't find a cockroach I was sure I killed the previous night :-)

Come on bro... You really believe there are some things too hard for God to do? I smell atheism

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by fixedhollies(m): 12:54am On Mar 29, 2016
See humans with question! If He doesn't rise, I think you will say while did death overcome the creator of death itself...little brains trying to understand their creator. Let me ask you, where lies the seat of reasoning. Your heart or your brain and what is the connection between the two?

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by GooseBaba: 12:57am On Mar 29, 2016
yemmy75:

I witnessed it a couple of times when I couldn't find a cockroach I was sure I killed the previous night :-)

Come on bro... You really believe there are some things too hard for God to do? I smell atheism

In regards to your missing cockroach. The ants took it for food.

But Bros, try clean your living space. Why cockroaches go dey follow share room. Them follow you pay rent ni..? grin

Yeah,Nothing too hard for allah to do. Do you agree?
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by GooseBaba: 12:59am On Mar 29, 2016
Raziii:
you not the stubborn type... I like that. Someday you will understand it all my friend

Like i give a fuvk about what you think of me... undecided
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by fixedhollies(m): 1:00am On Mar 29, 2016
Jesus only needed to die as a man because without that He wouldn't be able to save man. If he did not die he wont be able to conquer death and release those in captivity.

◄ 1 Corinthians 1:27 ►
Parallel Verses
New International Version
But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.

New Living Translation
Instead, God chose things the world considers foolish in order to shame those who think they are wise. And he chose things that are powerless to shame those who are powerful.

English Standard Version
But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong;

Berean Study Bible
But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong.

Berean Literal Bible
But God has chosen the foolish things of the world that He might shame the wise; and God has chosen the weak things of the world that He might shame the strong;

New American Standard Bible
but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong,
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by GooseBaba: 1:02am On Mar 29, 2016
KoloOyinbo:

What are you rambling and gibbering about now? We know you are not a Christian and enjoy attempting being offensive to your betters by attacking their beliefs. I cant remember if you are one the atheists or one of the pagan tree worshipers! Which is it again?

Try again. Name the tree. At least I know you worship a 2000+ old corpse named jesus. Kindly name the tree I awesomely worship..
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by GooseBaba: 1:11am On Mar 29, 2016
KoloOyinbo:

If the beliefs of other disturb you, you will have a very unhappy life! Do try and chill. If we all agreed then the world would be a boring place. Plus you have been on Nairaland long enough to know the variety of opinions here and that many simply are here to be argumentative and even when proven wrong will never admit it.

P.s. where is your good friend Pagan9ja these days? He is always a laugh when you get past all the nonsense.

Forget nairaland.... Someone walks up to you. And boldly accuses you of his/her personal convictions, tells you that you need a dead man in your life. When you decline the offer. They turn around and offer a prayer for you through the dead man. What should I call this... Disturbing my peace.

I believe you just mentioned him... He just might bless you with his prescence.... Lol
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by GooseBaba: 1:26am On Mar 29, 2016
opribo:
Like in the days of Noah, they won't believe they want to see evidence, they want to see signs and wonders but my Father told them I will be handed to the Jews and crucified and on the third day shall rise again and go to my Father in Heaven, where I truly belong.

The people of the world cannot understand how the oceans remain at their boundaries without crossing, they can't understand where dead people go when they die, the doubting Thomases cannot understand how a madman feeds from the decaying dustbin yet is never sick, they cannot understand even their science upon all their gadgets cannot locate where a giant aeroplane disappeared into they are still guessing and searching..Upon all their scientific break through they cannot make a strand of human hair. They cannot bring back a dead person back to life.

The ways of God are awe and Amen, no man can understand it.

Rubbish.... So people have been doubting your god since the day of Noah. The bible says he killed everything so he could cleanse the world. Fast forward to 2016 people are still doubting this your god. This shows that your god is a failure. Don't be upset. It's a fact.

Also, have you not seen dead bodies of homeless or mad people on the street. Tell me you know what killed them, do you have proof it wasn't the food they ate from the dustbin...

All the rest are nonsense claims. Allah did all that too..

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply)

My Little Experience In Celestial Church Today / "World To End On July 29" – Conspiracy Theorists Claim / Bishop Tom Samson: Why I Use The Most Exotic Cars In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.