Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:51 AM

How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? (43430 Views)

Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? / RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Jeromejnr(m): 6:18pm On Mar 28, 2016
huntax:

Your theory is flawed. Not that I want to get involved in the whole Jesus thing, as I'm a Muslim and we believe Jesus is coming back and will be given the privilege to judge, but you can't sacrifice your life and get the chance to use it, like, say, 72 hours later. If we die, we die. Stop using sleep as an analogy, it's a mismatch, really.

And how Is it a mismatch?

Where is also written that if you sacrifice something you don't get to use it later?
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Fadman4real(m): 6:18pm On Mar 28, 2016
He sacrificed his glory in heaven with the father to come and save the lost sheep which is us.

You, atheists do not want to agree to the fact that death is not the end for mankind. You may keep saying there is no proof that there is life after death, but mankind has always sensed that there is life and judgement after death according to many tradititions from vahala to Hades etc.

You can decide to be blinded by what you see now but the truth is that we are not more wiser than the people who lived generations before us.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Ramanto(m): 6:18pm On Mar 28, 2016
johnydon22:
Lol you can only imagine. . .

My idea of sacrifice are those soldiers now in borno battling with terror, they have no way of getting up 3 days later, they sacrifice the one chance they are sure they have so that we will be safe..

At least they die and stay dead.....

That is sacrifice
YOU CAN'T HELP HITTING THE 'LIKE' BUTTON AFTER READING SOME POSTS. THIS IS ONE OF SUCH

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Jeromejnr(m): 6:19pm On Mar 28, 2016
promise101:

Stop behaving so mannerless!

Oh! You asked that?
Really sorry for you!

How did you know that, abraham lincoln, mary slessor, albert einstein, rutherford, isaac newton, martin-luther king ever existed?

What is your physical proof of their existence?
Did you met them?
Have you talked with them?
Ate with them?
Touched them?
Then what is you evidential personal proof of believing their existence?
What if their so-called pictures you have seen before are framed up and not their real pictures?

What is your physical evidence for the law of gravity?
You threw something up and it fell down, who told you it is gravitational force?
What if it is MAGIC?
Have a seen, eaten, talked, and slept with the force of gravity, that made you to be sure of it's existence before believing?

ANWSER THE QUESTIONS ABOVE, AND SEE FOR YOURSELF, HOW STUPID AND SENSELESS YOU REALLY ARE.

1000 likes!

5 Likes

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by HRich(m): 6:20pm On Mar 28, 2016
I'm not part of this please.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by NaLaugh: 6:20pm On Mar 28, 2016
cheesy
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Atlantian: 6:21pm On Mar 28, 2016
Babakenny:

I am 100% certain that you are a dead man walking!! Jesus said, they see me, but knows me not. Sin to Holy Spirit has no forgiveness, cos Jesus is Lord and HE is the spirit of the LIVING GOD. You will never see him when u die but u will see him if u genuinely repented of your sin. People like you are in hell blaming themselves for not accepting JESUS CHRIST AS THEIR LORD AND SAVIOR.
ACCEPT HIM TODAY BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!!

HE DIED AND ROSE AGAIN SO THAT YOU MIGHT NOT DIE THE SECOND DEATH. Get a Bible and study why He died for you.

You were born into Christianity and you have been told that hell is fire and you have to die to get there. But you refuse to ask if fire does burn soul. Fire is physical solvent and thus can have no effect on ethereal nature. So hell or heaven is your mental creation. It doesnt exist in reality. And Jesus didnt resurrect, I see no evidence and again Mary didnt get pregnant without sex with holy spirit unlesa you can prove that holy spirit can ejaculate. I dont believe things. I simply use science of today. So if you say there is hell. Lets assume there is....hell...why do you bother if i am going there? Cant christian allow peoplr to chose hell if they so prefer ?

6 Likes

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Mar 28, 2016
kevoh:

1. That is not a sacrifice. Where is the good cause here? compare your younger one sleeping in your bed and sacrifice of your kidney to save a life? Which is heavier? You lent your brother your sleeping space in your bed and went to sleep on the armchair and you call that sacrifice! It's like lending him the bed for three days AND YOU KNOW YOU WILL NOT LOSE THE BED because he will be gone by then. Emphasis on the loss.

2.Same as Number 1. You have lent something you know you will not lose and get back after some days. That's not a sacrifice. Refer to the definition again.

3. Same as Number 1. Refer to the definition again.

There is no need for much argument here!
so all captain said are not sacrifice abi?.So the last penny ur parents spent on u 2 go 2 skool,so u could have a better future which wil affect them in a positive manner is nt sacrifice? (clap 4 yaself welwel).

2 Likes

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by edoboy33(m): 6:23pm On Mar 28, 2016
i non fit write essay but wan GOD start to deal with all of una una go say God bad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by victorazy(m): 6:23pm On Mar 28, 2016
huntax:

Your theory is flawed. Not that I want to get involved in the whole Jesus thing, as I'm a Muslim and we believe Jesus is coming back and will be given the privilege to judge, but you can't sacrifice your life and get the chance to use it, like, say, 72 hours later. If we die, we die. Stop using sleep as an analogy, it's a mismatch, really.

My brother, what Jesus donated was "blood"
In ancient Hebrew, blood of a lamb is used for cleansing of their sins but Jesus did it with human blood which is the highest so that it will be onces and for all.

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by menxer: 6:23pm On Mar 28, 2016
CaptainJune:

Thank you. So, according to that definition, if I lose my sleep in order to burn the midnight oil, does it mean what I did is not a sacrifice even if I get to sleep, say, 15 hours later?

I only hope you can say that about life.

But you are right to the extent that reincarnation is true.

Do you believe if you sleep you would wake up?

When you die here on earth, you (the soul) wake up in soul world.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by ogaprime(m): 6:23pm On Mar 28, 2016
J
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Proff7: 6:24pm On Mar 28, 2016
Atlantian:
It is all lies and control statements. Jesus never resurrected. No one goes into space with this body. Oxygen is not there at high altitude. How can his body survive without oxygen. I doubt the resurrection story 100%.

Please permit me to say your understanding is shallow. You have no depth. It is either you are just being funny or naive.

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by huntax(m): 6:24pm On Mar 28, 2016
Jamesrock:
I MAY NOT BE ALIVE THEN , BUT I SO BELIEVE HE DIED AND RESSURECTED ON THE THIRD DAY COS DEAD MEN DON'T ANSWER MY PRAYERS
If Jesus answers your prayers, then what does the Almighty God do?

2 Likes

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by huntax(m): 6:26pm On Mar 28, 2016
victorazy:

My brother, what Jesus donated was "blood"
In ancient Hebrew, blood of a lamb is used for cleansing of their sins but Jesus did it with human blood which is the highest so that it will be onces and for all.
Then why didn't he just slash his wrist or ask Peter to do it... He didn't need to die then,if all that was needed was blood, not life.

4 Likes

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by JaaizTech: 6:27pm On Mar 28, 2016
Jesus was never crucified but raised up to God, and He shall return to complete his mission.
Surah 4, Verses 157 & 158:

“and their saying : we killed Christ Jesus, son of Mary, The messenger of Allah - but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but it was made to appear to them so; and those who disagree concerning it are full of doubts; they have no knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture; For surely they killed him not; but Allah took him up unto Himself; and Allah is ever mighty, wise.”

7 Likes

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by manny4life(m): 6:28pm On Mar 28, 2016
huntax:

Then why didn't he just slash his wrist or ask Peter to do it... He didn't need to die then,if all that was needed was blood, not life.

Slash his wrist? Like seriously? The Bible talks about foolish and unlearned questions, do not answer.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Vince77(m): 6:29pm On Mar 28, 2016
frank317:
CaptainJune, you are just bringing in unnecessary Logic here. How exactly is Jesus or God's death a sacrifice? Sacrifice to what end? Sacrifice to who and for what?
He was a spirit man. He took a temporary flesh body and looses it for just three days and in those three days he just simply became his main spirit man. After that he came back to temporal flesh. And you call that a sacrifice? Lol
Yet he willingly returned back to his spirit being. What's the sacrifice there really?
If I am asked to die for the whole world for three days and you give me just 10000 naira in return, I will gladly "sacrifice" my life
cool

Lolz. In other words , you might take up dying as a profession.

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by huntax(m): 6:30pm On Mar 28, 2016
Jeromejnr:

And how Is it a mismatch?

Where is also written that if you sacrifice something you don't get to use it later?
Are you telling me that if u chose to sacrifice your laptop and I said, "no mate, sacrifice your life instead" ,would you say... "No problem, whats the difference anyway.."?
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Ayodejioak(m): 6:31pm On Mar 28, 2016
MAY GOD FORGIVE YOU ALL. And some of you guys are only playing "devil's advocate. Cos you know the truth.

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by victorazy(m): 6:31pm On Mar 28, 2016
huntax:

If Jesus answers your prayers, then what does the Almighty God do?

God is Jesus and Jesus is God "I and my father are One"

Jesus is God in form of man and God is God in form of Father and Holy ghost is God in form of spirit.

This is something you don't understand with canal reasoning or thinking.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Atlantian: 6:31pm On Mar 28, 2016
Proff7:

Please permit me to say your understanding is shallow. You have no depth. It is either you are just being funny or naive.

Who is naive? someone who believes that jesus lives in the sky and breath deoxynated air. Or the person who believes a lady got pregnant without sex ?
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by huntax(m): 6:32pm On Mar 28, 2016
manny4life:

Slash his wrist? Like seriously? The Bible talks about foolish and unlearned questions, do not answer.
I was sarcastically replying your argument of Jesus needing to offer his blood eternally but not his life... Do you get it now?

2 Likes

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Mar 28, 2016
am0sn0nyu:
I SUPPOSE ANY OF YOU AFRICAN CHRISTIAN CONVERTS SHOULD BE ABLE TO PROVIDE A RATIONAL ANSWER

SOURCE

HE sacrificed his perfect human body and his sinless human blood to redeem or replace or ransom OUR imperfect human life

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by WASMOG(m): 6:33pm On Mar 28, 2016
CaptainJune:

Lol. True. Other examples you fail to consider:

1. I sacrifice (give up) my bed so that my younger one may sleep in it for three nights. Have I lost my bed forever?

2. I sacrifice (give up) the use of my laptop for the day so that a friend may use it to complete an assignment. Have I lost my laptop forever?

3. I sacrifice (give up) my car so that my brother may use it to go for a job interview in time since his is still under repair. Have I lost my car forever?

What in the definition of sacrifice implies that the use of the word must be associated with permanent loss?
that's is not sacrifice u just borrow them for a specific period of time for example when Abraham want to sacrifice his son Ishmael that's is sacrifice coz he would have lost him forever
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by unto(m): 6:34pm On Mar 28, 2016
There are certain things in life you can never understand till you die so if you find it difficult to understand forget it
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Ladyo142: 6:34pm On Mar 28, 2016
the pain he went through before he died was much,he could choose not to go through those pain without any consequences of bailing out but he did
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by manny4life(m): 6:34pm On Mar 28, 2016
huntax:

I was sarcastically replying your argument of Jesus needing to offer his blood eternally but not his life... Do you get it now?

Sarcastically? You guys are very funny... you think the blood being talked about is physical blood? Yet again, another reason why unlearned questions should not be answered.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by ridwanayo(m): 6:36pm On Mar 28, 2016
Am xtian nd I believe in God nd jesus but I wonder, of jesus truly ascended afta resurrection, did he gp to heaven with flesh, I thought heaven is filled with spirits, how wud human body survive without oxygen. All I seek is answer nd pls don't quote bible fot me if u don't av scientific of visible nd reasonable proof
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by WASMOG(m): 6:36pm On Mar 28, 2016
I sacrifice (give up) my bed so that my younger one may sleep in it for three nights. Have I lost my bed forever?

2. I sacrifice (give up) the use of my laptop for the day so that a friend may use it to complete an assignment. Have I lost my laptop forever?

3. I sacrifice (give up) my car so that my brother may use it to go for a job interview in time since his is still under repair. Have I lost my car forever?

What in the definition of sacrifice implies that the use of the word must be associated with permanent loss? [/quote] that's is not sacrifice u just borrow them for a specific period of time for example when Abraham want to sacrifice his son Ishmael that's is sacrifice coz he would have lost him forever
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by huntax(m): 6:36pm On Mar 28, 2016
victorazy:

God is Jesus and Jesus is God "I and my father are One"

Jesus is God in form of man and God is God in form of Father and Holy spirit if God in form of spirit.

This is something you don't understand with canal reasoning or thinking.
This is just plain blasphemy. God is too holy to turn himself into a man and be subject to public disgrace. His Grace and Glory is too gigantic to fit in a human suit. Taking the form of man is a thing for angels, not the Almighty God himself. So convenient for this scripture to appear only in the new testament.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by victorazy(m): 6:36pm On Mar 28, 2016
huntax:

Your talking about suicide grin Jesus is not ment to commit suicide.

Everything have to follow proccesses and directions so that some people should be held responsible, that's why He said "Father forgive them". That's where redemption started and the signs of rapture also started that day, infact he laid another foundation that's why there was earthquake that day and the sun went off.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

The Most Powerful Spiritualist/herbalist In Nigeria.....+234867395768 / Why Do Christians Ignore These Rules In The Bible? / Letter To Daddy Freeze — From A 16-Year-Old Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.