Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,849 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me (40302 Views)

My Brother In Law Slapped Me Twice And Beat Me Up!! / My Sister In Law Slapped Me / My Husband And I Are Not Talking - And I Don't Know What To Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (26) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Christino(m): 8:55pm On Mar 27, 2009
@ Topic

1. Dial 911

2. Dial Mushin Boys

3. Dial "Baba"

4. Paki ya bag, and call ya lawyer.

5. Buy rat poison (for either or both)

Nor mind me. The Lord is your strength, follow your heart, too many cooks spoil the broth, but the world cannot be wrong, its up to you. Just do the right thingy.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Badriyyah(f): 8:55pm On Mar 27, 2009
C2H5OH:

How has the automatic divorce made you happier in your life?  You think running away from the problems that occur in your life will make them subside? No.  You will not reap some progressive rewards until you start facing them head on.  The problem that plagues your current relationship will probably hamper the next one you run into.   you can continue leaping from one relationship to another like a gazelle, or you can choose to sit your ass down and fix what is wrong with you.

Lmao, I love the way Nairalanders think you're unstable because you have your own opinion. No one is denying the struggle ppl face in marriage, but there are some things people SHOULD NOT get away with.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Sauron1: 8:55pm On Mar 27, 2009
davidylan:

Do men have any responsibility in marriage at all?

They do but today's women hinder them from perform their social responsibilities.
These are the seeds of sexual equality. When a woman feels she is equal to her husband, conflict starts.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by LadyT(f): 8:55pm On Mar 27, 2009
David why are you asking him is he even a real man?

davidylan:

Do men have any responsibility in marriage at all?

luvinhubby:

America has flushed Africa out of Nigerian ladies, ,so the woman should now dominate a man, incredile !!!  ejikwam okwu oooo!! shocked shocked

You need to stop being senseless.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by osisi2(f): 8:55pm On Mar 27, 2009
LadyT:

Osisi can you please tell her she doesn't need to listen to the motherfuckers telling her she needs to apologise.

Could he not shout at her? Must he slap her? And while she is in a delicate position.  This is outrageous and disgusting no one should be hitting anybody.  

Respect must be mutual.

she's a smart woman and can tell that there are some deranged folks on the thread.
not her exact words but mine.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Badriyyah(f): 8:57pm On Mar 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

They do but today's women hinder them from perform their social responsibilities.
These are the seeds of sexual equality. When a woman feels she is equal to her husband, conflict starts.

So a woman is not equal to her husband huh?
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by osisi2(f): 8:57pm On Mar 27, 2009
C2H5OH:

That's what happens when you make assumptions.

Guess what happened to her?  It landed her two dirty slaps and a relationship in jeopardy.
People are unique.

I know the man I'm married to
women ought to pick spouses carefully and leave the psychia ones for Yaba
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

what is she to her husband? an inferior half? This is unbelievable!  shocked
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Sauron1: 8:58pm On Mar 27, 2009
Badriyyah:

So a woman is not equal to her husband huh?

She is not.

davidylan:

The Scriptures say she is the neck while the man is the HEAD!!!
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by osisi2(f): 8:59pm On Mar 27, 2009
davidylan:

a facial receptacle for hot slaps
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Badriyyah(f): 9:00pm On Mar 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

She is not.

Well goodluck with that.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Outstrip(f): 9:01pm On Mar 27, 2009
I don't even need to know how she said it or what she said. That is just my personal opinion. There is still no excuse to slap his wife much less when she is pregnant. If she had a knife or a loaded gun then his options are either to run or get it from her with any means necessary. This is not the case here. I find it so funny that if a man gets into a fight with an agbero in the motor park they will say that he is a street thug but he assaults a wife who probably has a cleaner mouth than the agbero and they say he was just provoked. We just need to look at this as a stigma. It is a no no. If she had said that he stinks he has every right to be upset but to slap her I almost feel like I am in the twilight zone.

I cannot imagine hearing my brother's wife calling me and telling me that my brother hit her. It will just break my heart and nobody in my family wll take t lightly. Those kinds of people are stigmatized in my family. They are the kind that when they leave my mom will sweep and mop the floor so that they do not leave anything behind. This is so disgusting and people are here justifying this garbage. I give up.

My two cents to the poster is not to take this lightly. I know it is hard becasue you are pregnant but you have to make it clear that it will not be tolorated. Under no condition. Marriage is a long time and if people here tell you to go apologize becasue you are only just a woman tell them that if suffer head is their portion in life that is fine but it is not yours.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 27, 2009
C2H5OH:

By all means ebony, go and tell your husband that he stinks. He will worship, adore, celebrate you, and then some. I'm finding it hard to drill into your head that words are mighty powerful, but you fail to see the impact that your words might have on others.
Depending on what she said, it might have been condescending, damaging, embarrassing, depressing. Verbal abuse is just as detrimental as physical abuse. Be considerate towards other people's feelings.

you can be biased in favor of the woman. That is your choice. I will stick to maintaining a level head by looking at both sides of the coin.

I'd rather have him walk out on me than to harm me and my baby, Simple.
Ok, so you may be right. Verbal maybe as harmful as physical.
However, with verbal abuse, we easily forgive and we eventually forget.
Verbal does not break the bones in your body, it does not leave bruises on your body, and it's won't cause miscarriage.
You've said some profanity and vulgar words to others before, the other person still lives on with unaffected health.

However, if someone beats you down once, he'll do it twice. Until it becomes lethal. Until you're repressed, until you're withdrawing from yourself, from your mind.

In court, which do you think weighs more? Verbal or physical abuse?
Am not saying either is justifiable, but I am saying, domestic violence is a result of one losing him mind. When he lost it completely, what control doe she have not to kill her?

That's what we often say: Oh he only did it once. Oh it was a mistake. Oh she must have said something. Oh this oh that.
Come on!!! That's why women continue to risk their life by making up ridiculous atrocious excuse for these useless men!

Gosh damn!! Throw them in jail, if you can!! One less modafucker my children have to come in contact with.
They will strike again, and they often do strike again.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by luvinhubby(m): 9:01pm On Mar 27, 2009
**osisi:

I know the man I'm married to
women ought to pick spouses carefully and leave the psychia ones for Yaba
I think it will take a lifetime to know a man, probably the occasion that will reveal another side of him is yet to come, when it does, you will another side of him
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by MeGaStReEt: 9:01pm On Mar 27, 2009
I suppose your husband is not a mad man "God 4bid"

How can a man in his right senses slapp a woman, his wife for that matter just becos u asked him to take his bath

i never _stand
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by osisi2(f): 9:03pm On Mar 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

She is not.

The Bible never said so
where is it?

have you read this

Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.

now ask yourself,How did Christ love the Church?
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by osisi2(f): 9:04pm On Mar 27, 2009
did Christ love the Church by slapping her around?
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 27, 2009
luvinhubby, stop quoting me.
I don't have precious post to waste on your useless response.
Thanks a lot.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 27, 2009
MeGaStReEt:

I suppose your husband is not a mad man "God 4bid"

How can a man in his right senses slapp a woman, his wife for that matter just becos u asked him to take his bath

i never _stand
Loool what will he now do if she asks him what he wants to eat for dinner  grin
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Sauron1: 9:05pm On Mar 27, 2009
**osisi:

Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.

now ask yourself,How did Christ love the Church?

1 Corinthians 11:3. . . . .
But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by luvinhubby(m): 9:06pm On Mar 27, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

I'd rather have him walk out on me than to harm me and my baby, Simple.
Ok, so you may be right. Verbal maybe as harmful as physical.
However, with verbal abuse, we easily forgive and we eventually forget.
Verbal does not break the bones in your body, it does not leave bruises on your body, and it's won't cause miscarriage.
You've said some profanity and vulgar words to others before, the other person still lives on with unaffected health.

However, if someone beats you down once, he'll do it twice. Until it becomes lethal. Until you're repressed, until you're withdrawing from yourself, from your mind.

In court, which do you think weighs more? Verbal or physical abuse?
Am not saying either is justifiable, but I am saying, domestic violence is a result of one losing him mind. When he lost it completely, what control doe she have not to kill her?

The bible considers verbal murder same as physical one
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by spikedcylinder: 9:06pm On Mar 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

shocked shocked shocked shocked

Funny how the scriptures have become very convenient to quote! embarassed

Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by SwaggaCob(m): 9:07pm On Mar 27, 2009
Why should you tell him he has not taken is bath in a harsh way cos i doubt it if you were cool with him.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Sauron1: 9:07pm On Mar 27, 2009
spikedcylinder:

shocked shocked shocked shocked

Funny how the scriptures have become very convenient to quote! embarassed

I am on the Lord's side.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by C2H5OH(f): 9:07pm On Mar 27, 2009
ebony, abuse be abuse. mental, physical, child, you name it

[flash=425,355]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKdS9zw_WAQ[/flash]
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Engineer96(m): 9:08pm On Mar 27, 2009
Men build the house while the women build homes. So it is your responsibility to build your home.
That your husband slapped you simply because you told him to take to take his bath must take into cognisance the mood he was in when you said what you said and how you said what you said. You should have done your home work properly to know these things.
From here, you can infer that your non-understanding of your husband and how you approached the issue brought about every other thing that followed.
You can resolve the problem following the same route ie know how and when to approach for apology.
Advice yourself from from the foregoing.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by spikedcylinder: 9:08pm On Mar 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

I am on the Lord's side.

You don't say.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 27, 2009
C2H5OH:

ebony, abuse be abuse. mental, physical, child, you name it
One is more detrimental than the other.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by LadyT(f): 9:09pm On Mar 27, 2009
The level of stupidity on here right now is too much.  I didnt realise Nairaland had so many potential wife beaters.
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 27, 2009
~Sauron~:

1 Corinthians 11:3. . . . .
But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.

how has Christ treated you? Slapping you around and treating you like second-rate slaves?
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by agabaI23(m): 9:09pm On Mar 27, 2009
Chei okwu na uka atogbuela nwanne m nwanyi!
Re: My Husband Slapped Me Twice And Now He's Not Talking To Me by spikedcylinder: 9:10pm On Mar 27, 2009
I really really really hope that this "an eye for a head" attitude I'm seeing on here is not what obtains in real life. What the f. . . .  undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (26)

Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? / Since I Married My Wife, I Have Been Having Bad Luck / MARTIAL BED: My Wife Says No Sex Until Her Mother Leaves Our House.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.