Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

20 Things U Only Remember From Ur Childhood If You're Nigerian. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 20 Things U Only Remember From Ur Childhood If You're Nigerian. (1519 Views)

Sexual Irritable Things U Ve Done / GUYS:6 Things U Should Never Do When E-wooing A Lady (online Wooing) [*_*] {*_*} / 17 Childhood Insults You’ll Only Remember If You Were A Lagos Brought Up Ajepako (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

20 Things U Only Remember From Ur Childhood If You're Nigerian. by Atoos(m): 12:10am On Aug 23, 2015
20 Things you only remember from your childhood if you’re Nigerian o matter how silly one’s childhood may be, the memories particularly the wonderful ones are permanently etched in ones psyche. Here are things you only remember from your childhood if you’re Nigerian :

1. Making your own kite out of “santana” polythene bags and broom sticks.
2. Writing your name on paper and inserting it into your Bic/Eleganza pen, so no one will steal it.
3. Playing the game “My mother and your mother went to the market. My mother hit your mother on the nose. What color was the blood? RED. R.E.D; that spells red, and so, you- are- out- of- the- game.”
4. Waving at white birds expecting your nails to have white spots after that.Singing along with songs like Leke leke bami leke….
5. Killing earthworm with salt.
6. Playing rubber band.It was like an Olympic game those days.
7. Closing the fridge door really slowly to see when the lights went off. Hehehe I did this so many times…
8. Been told that Nigeria played a football match India ,which ended 99-1,with stories like the ball turning into fire during the match
9. Calling all brands of tooth pastes- Maclean ,all seasoning cubes- Maggi 10. Playing “Boju Boju” or “police and thief” .I always liked to be the thief .
11. Soaking rubber band in kerosene and expecting it to expand ’cause that will make you win rubber band games quite easily
12. Playing “Counter” soccer/ football using cover of “mineral” bottle (coke,pepsi,fanta) which we call “counter”
13. Throwing your milk teeth on the roof for lizards to pick and give you new teeths.
14. Singing jangilova epo motor instead of the what it’s meant to be -Jingle over like a motor .I bet you didn’t know that
15. Singing “sandalilii sandalili sandalili sandalili Am a doctor doctor” instead of actually singing “standard living standard living”
16. Playing “monkey- post” .Still wondering why that stuff is called monkey- post?
17. Watching ‘Tales by Moonlight’, “superman”,”fido dido” on Tv 18. Making pistol guns from paw paw branches.
19. Sitting down angrily and waiting for when the TV stations starts operation at" 4 pm
20. Knowing that there are always two main characters in an action movie-“Actor” and “Boss”
21. Add yours…. If any of these didn’t bring back nostalgic feeling are you are a Nigerian, then may be you’re probably didn’t have a typical Nigerian childhood.

4 Likes

Re: 20 Things U Only Remember From Ur Childhood If You're Nigerian. by mayorchelsea(m): 12:15am On Aug 23, 2015
If you no do daddy and mummy play;You could be a Nigerian but without a Nigerian 'childhood'...all dis butty children fit no do all dis things o

1 Like

Re: 20 Things U Only Remember From Ur Childhood If You're Nigerian. by trippleKAY(m): 12:27am On Aug 23, 2015
Eating dry garri every minutes frm d kitchen... D day my dad catch me ehh, I smell atarr

1 Like

Re: 20 Things U Only Remember From Ur Childhood If You're Nigerian. by Ojisik(m): 12:34am On Aug 23, 2015
Atoos:

12. Playing “Counter” soccer/
football using cover of
“mineral” bottle
(coke,pepsi,fanta) which
we call “counter”

It never occurred to me that it's spelled "counter", all these years na "kanta" dey my mind oh. grin

Plus in the north, we have no "jangilova" oh. Instead we have one that goes thus:

1- wa ne ne
2- together
3-your mama
4-follow me
5- fadama
6-cecilia
7- seven low
8- education
9- nigeria
10- television....i can't remember the end cheesy

1 Like

Re: 20 Things U Only Remember From Ur Childhood If You're Nigerian. by CarinalEL: 12:35am On Aug 23, 2015
That fridge part got me laughing. A blend of innocence and imagination,Beautiful memories.

3 Likes

Re: 20 Things U Only Remember From Ur Childhood If You're Nigerian. by swanky500(m): 12:35am On Aug 23, 2015
WE REALLY ENJOYED OUR DAYS..

children if nowadays. only play video games, press phone, read novel. and Dance SHOKI..

2 Likes

Re: 20 Things U Only Remember From Ur Childhood If You're Nigerian. by swanky500(m): 12:36am On Aug 23, 2015
WE REALLY ENJOYED OUR DAYS..

children Of nowadays. only play video games, press phone, read novel. and Dance SHOKI..

3 Likes

Re: 20 Things U Only Remember From Ur Childhood If You're Nigerian. by Mznaett: 12:50am On Aug 23, 2015
Lol this play just enter my head na na na Tinkor tinkor tinkorkor rikor rikor rikor grin

My grandmother wants to sew skirt she don know what she we do,she came back @8o clock..

Who steal d meat 4rm d chicken pot is it not u number 1?

N/B dnt mind my errors o na so we been dey singam lol tongue

3 Likes

Re: 20 Things U Only Remember From Ur Childhood If You're Nigerian. by Atoos(m): 12:54am On Aug 23, 2015
oh boi eh.....those days.....
It have Teyed....
*cinderella dress in yellow want to kiss a fellow ,by mistake she kissed a snake...
how many doctors does she need....
say 1...
3........*
Re: 20 Things U Only Remember From Ur Childhood If You're Nigerian. by dulux07(m): 1:01am On Aug 23, 2015
After round 1.
O.G.O- football
Boju boju
Suwe
angry grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 20 Things U Only Remember From Ur Childhood If You're Nigerian. by iamSi(m): 2:23am On Aug 23, 2015
Stealing Gaari secretly from the kitchen to school mixing with enough sugar only to be sipping with the pen plastic . It felt good sharing the stuffs with my girlfriend (Crush) back then . She later introduced water in later years , used to buy Eja Dindin ( Fried fish) . Omo mahn , this memory wanna make me go back OOoo

2 Likes

Re: 20 Things U Only Remember From Ur Childhood If You're Nigerian. by donholy28(m): 5:45am On Aug 23, 2015
The bad thing is that we all grew up
Re: 20 Things U Only Remember From Ur Childhood If You're Nigerian. by jedyjedy(m): 9:12am On Aug 23, 2015
Playing Luske. grin
Re: 20 Things U Only Remember From Ur Childhood If You're Nigerian. by ayatt(m): 11:15am On Aug 23, 2015
lol..I did almost all
Re: 20 Things U Only Remember From Ur Childhood If You're Nigerian. by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 23, 2015
table soccer,biro game,game boss...abeg who knw where dem dey sell niko?
Re: 20 Things U Only Remember From Ur Childhood If You're Nigerian. by Rank50: 12:39pm On Aug 23, 2015
Building house with our parlour foam cushion & pretending to be ridding a car

(1) (Reply)

Heartbreaking Photos: Syrian Father Sells Pens While Carrying His Sleeping Child / A Mother’s Advise To Her Daughter On Sex And Relationship / Ladies, Maintain Your Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.