Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Ford Cars Quite Explicit - Car Talk (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ford Cars Quite Explicit (97685 Views)

BMW Is Already Recalling New M760li Over Oil Leak – Quite Fast! / How Reliable And Maintenance Friendly Are Ford Cars? / In Need Of General Enlightenment About Ford Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by ozone0801(m): 10:32am On Sep 09, 2020
I plan on getting the first generation Ford edger.
I believe I can get insights and info about this model if I'm on the whatsapp group, also first hand user's experience.

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 9:35pm On Sep 12, 2020
ozone0801:
I believe I can get insights and info about this model if I'm on the whatsapp group, also first hand user's experience.

Definitely, you will get all the details about Ford to the smallest bits in the group.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 9:39pm On Sep 12, 2020
ozone0801:

You've been added to ford WhatsApp group
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by radautoworks: 7:05pm On Sep 13, 2020
ozone0801:
I plan on getting the first generation Ford edge r.

nooooo
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by sultaan(m): 8:53pm On Sep 13, 2020
radautoworks:
nooooo

I can't believe you said no, without stating the problems with the car.
It might not be Toyota reliable, but far better than Land Rover, or BMW
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by radautoworks: 9:02pm On Sep 13, 2020
sultaan:

actually it was more the first generation than the Ford edge part smiley
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Amazing007(m): 10:58pm On Sep 13, 2020
Me am planning on getting a Ford transit van (2005 diesel engine ) how reliable is it
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 9:29am On Sep 14, 2020
radar to works:
nooooo

It's extremely wrong of you to say nooo blatantly without any cogent explanation. I furiously get mad when anyone tries to degenerate ford in any perspectives. the person you replied NO has already become a member of my WhatsApp ford group. I have given him all the details of ford he required to the slightest bits I always tell my group members and all ford lover that those mechanics, technicians, technologists and engineers that normally say negatives about ford are incompetent ones.

Ford vehicles are my only and sole area of specialization and I won't stay idle if anyone tries to ridicule it, I can raise my head high and no one can say otherwise to me, if anyone is competent enough, he should boldly come here and compete with me in Ford vehicles technologies.

4 Likes

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by valarinz: 10:06am On Sep 14, 2020
Femtopford:

It's extremely wrong of you to say nooo blatantly without any cogent explanation. I furiously get mad when anyone tries to degenerate ford in any perspectives. the person you replied NO has already become a member of my WhatsApp ford group. I have given him all the details of ford he required to the slightest bits I always tell my group members and all ford lover that those mechanics, technicians, technologists and engineers that normally say negatives about ford are incompetent ones.

Ford vehicles are my only and sole area of specialization and I won't stay idle if anyone tries to ridicule it, I can raise my head high and no one can say otherwise to me, if anyone is competent enough, he should boldly come here and compete with me in Ford vehicles technologies.

Bro, you just went from 0 to 300kmhr within 6secs.

cry

4 Likes

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by aywhy93(m): 10:36am On Sep 14, 2020
valarinz:

cry

Na Turbo charge grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by aywhy93(m): 10:44am On Sep 14, 2020
sultaan:

Don't mind them. They just like the way they can use incompetent roadside mechanics and cut shortcuts with Toyota.

On a more serious note, it still amazes me why some people talk down on Ford, especially the Edge. I've personally owned just 2 cars and they are both Ford edge, I've never had any serious issue with them, all I do is normal service and general maintenance. To even think I drive this car everyday, to rough areas (offroad). If that's not reliable, then what is.?

1 Like

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by ozone0801(m): 11:53am On Sep 14, 2020
radautoworks:
nooooo
Do you mind sharing reasons why?
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by radautoworks: 4:42pm On Sep 14, 2020
Femtopford:

Na wa o. Did you read what I highlighted at all? Challenge accepted. When and where do you want to do this once I get into town. This is going to be fun! grin
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 6:30pm On Sep 14, 2020
radautoworks:

Na wa o. Did you read what I highlighted at all? Challenge accepted. When and where do you want to do this once I get into town. This is going to be fun! grin

Our competition begins here, appropriate for the whole viewers to judge, this so nice, its been years that I had such challenge. what do you say about ford tech, bring up any lapses, let me antagonize it and prove you wrong. the stage is open now.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by radautoworks: 6:32pm On Sep 14, 2020
Femtopford:

Our competition begins here, appropriate for the whole viewers to judge, this so nice, its been years that I had such challenge. what do you say about ford tech, bring up any lapses, let me antagonize it and prove you wrong. the stage is open now.

Nah, the true test is we are going to do this in person. We are going to line up some Fords with issues and go head to head. And "antagonize"?? Relax bro lol.

And the fact that Ford keeps falling in American car rankings and sales should tell you something. They make some NICE looking cars but when it comes to reliability they get crushed. Again, I said for the MODEL he asked for, a resounding NO. it's a money pit.

And if you say"Ford vehicles are my only and sole area of specialization" you should learn more about other brands so you can compare properly. That's like declaring italian food better than any other without having lots of experience with French, Nigerian, Jamaican, mexican, etc

Everyone's father's compound is the best till they visit someone else's. You are not ready for this contest.

EDIT: I should add that when it comes to the big engines (V8 and up) and DIESEL, ford is ahead of the game. Their F350 trucks and E series vans are workhorses and will last forever as long as you do routine maintenance.

1 Like

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 6:38pm On Sep 14, 2020
Amazing007:
Me am planning on getting a Ford transit van (2005 diesel engine ) how reliable is it

Yes it's multi point HDI diesel, just comfirm it's good grade less depreciation, then you're good to go
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 6:48pm On Sep 14, 2020
valarinz:

cry

Yes ooo, if chance permitted me, I wanted to go from 0 to 1000km/h , but too busy in my workshop
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 6:54pm On Sep 14, 2020
aywhy93:

Na Turbo charge grin grin grin

No No No, my brother, Turbo charge is underrating, it's aircraft fan speed.

1 Like

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by radautoworks: 7:01pm On Sep 14, 2020
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 7:06pm On Sep 14, 2020
aywhy93:

Don't mind them. They just like the way they can use incompetent roadside mechanics and cut shortcuts with Toyota.

On a more serious note, it still amazes me why some people talk down on Ford, especially the Edge. I've personally owned just 2 cars and they are both Ford edge, I've never had any serious issue with them, all I do is normal service and general maintenance. To even think I drive this car everyday, to rough areas (offroad). If that's not reliable, then what is.?

You're blessed Sir, what else can we, degrade on ford, what about its suspension that's capable enough to supersede our bad roads, the thickness of the sprung masses of the suspension are twice diameter of most vehicles
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by radautoworks: 7:12pm On Sep 14, 2020
valarinz:

cry

grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0PZYWA4LoM

1 Like

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 9:41pm On Sep 14, 2020
radautoworks:

Nah, the true test is we are going to do this in person. We are going to line up some Fords with issues and go head to head. And "antagonize"?? Relax bro lol.

And the fact that Ford keeps falling in American car rankings and sales should tell you something. They make some NICE looking cars but when it comes to reliability they get crushed. Again, I said for the MODEL he asked for, a resounding NO. it's a money pit.

And if you say"Ford vehicles are my only and sole area of specialization" you should learn more about other brands so you can compare properly. That's like declaring italian food better than any other without having lots of experience with French, Nigerian, Jamaican, mexican, etc

Everyone's father's compound is the best till they visit someone else's. You are not ready for this contest.

EDIT: I should add that when it comes to the big engines (V8 and up) and DIESEL, ford is ahead of the game. Their F350 trucks and E series vans are workhorses and will last forever as long as you do routine maintenance.

All your analysis are totally wrong aside the last paragraph. saying that first generation edge is money pit is a white lie, all the functional part if it are excellent, the issue with steering pump proved that some owners and mechanics compromised the fluid specifications and blamed it on the vehicle, aside this, it doesn't have any major issues.

About my sole speciality, I decided to adhere to ford not to dilute it's technical concentration not that I am not conversant of other makes, am also a technical man of Toyota as former service engineer of Rt Briscoe from 2005 - 2008. comparing first generation edge 2007 - 2010 to Highlander 2008, I will say edge is not money pit. Just routine service motorcraft engine oil 6lits for ford service is 21k likewise it transmission fluid 21k, so tell me about Toyota fluid WS 6lits 28k and Mobil 1 for it 26k. these are correct prices in our local markets

Carry out general suspension repairs of both two vehicles above, and the vehicles were used in same terrain , Highlander will come back for same suspension repair after a year, while edge will come back after two years.

Go to the electronics, out of a hundred edge, how many PCM( brain box) were replaced, either one or none, but Highlander check out the markets different electricians come for the brain box regularly.

Lastly by yourself you were praising the ford F series and E series, this makes me glad,, so ford is very reliable, issues with ford are mostly caused by unprofessional technicians and compromise of spare part and fluids

1 Like

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 10:20pm On Sep 14, 2020
radautoworks:
Let me also drop some stuff here for you wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsdIcleLQeU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=su_CmZ1sUnU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqrmNiiB9mk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2Y5g0F1_AQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zGjK8G031E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwq4v3ffPww

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwq4v3ffPww

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnp-BIRRIes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kon_ll05C8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhT5EsKKzF8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgvmdSsEtJc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m50pO1HqwQk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q97HlphEPsk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EdStxy5kWY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S18DaQrl8c

All the stuff you dropped have now proved what have been hammering on, explorer transmission noise was detected that the band wasn't adjusted precisely, definitely there must be a centrifugal effect on the drive assembly in the transmission on speeds, so tell me whose fault, the ford vehicle or the bad mechanic that repaired the transmission before it was taken to professional.

Also edge transmission solenoid assembly.
defective, instead of them abiding by motorcraft mercon v and Lv, they go for what ever fluid they like and blame it on the vehicle Ford, all this get me furious, at leat if mechanics are dummy, owners that are Leonard should be able to mandate for mechanics to use the right fluids.

All these kinds of stuff are what I normally correct in my workshop, so it's not ford issued but mechanics and some owners
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by radautoworks: 10:34pm On Sep 14, 2020
I can't have a productive conversation with you. I stopped reading at "white lie".
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by sultaan(m): 11:10pm On Sep 14, 2020
radautoworks:
I can't have a productive conversation with you. I stopped reading at "white lie".

I understand your point, but remember I have asked if from your first hand experience if the issues you have seen were as a result of a Nigerian fixing the vehicle first or a maintenance item, or bad factory part.
The only bad factory part I know for the edge was internal water pump and improperly machines axle shaft that leaks trans fluid, the part has been updated.
I don't think you have personally owned a ford recently,but they offer great value with higher level of technology
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by radautoworks: 2:06am On Sep 15, 2020
sultaan:

I understand your point, but remember I have asked if from your first hand experience if the issues you have seen were as a result of a Nigerian fixing the vehicle first or a maintenance item, or bad factory part.
The only bad factory part I know for the edge was internal water pump and improperly machines axle shaft that leaks trans fluid, the part has been updated.
I don't think you have personally owned a ford recently,but they offer great value with higher level of technology

Hey, you I can talk to. You're right. I haven't personally owned a Ford recently because of the number that used to come both into the Houston shop and the Nigeria one. No doubt they load them with features on the cheap but fit and finish and quality is just not there. Even over time, the gaps, paint compared to other brands are not there for me. The first generation ford edge had a myriad of recalls. Even if he buys an edge, that is NOT the one to get.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by radautoworks: 2:24am On Sep 15, 2020
sultaan:

Also, we've had a similar conversation. This is not a Nigerian issue. Even in the USA, mechanic shops' bread and butter is the Ford edge.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Kayharry(m): 5:08am On Sep 15, 2020
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 7:23am On Sep 15, 2020
sultaan:

"They offer great value with hi-tech" you're very right about that. let me quickly bring to your cognizance what ford has become to me. ford and I have been embedded and mingled to the core, I go to bed and wake from bed with fords. I might not own ford but I use Lincoln which is 99.99% ford and my wife drives escape, do you know why I got her a ford, mainly because I don't want domestic problem to interrupt professional activities, too busy in my workshop directly on the vehicles closely with my mechanics, so ford is the only solution to my family for them not to disturb me when am with my second family(ford vehicles) because the electronics will not misbehave like other products, which is the section that is fearful for local mechanics and if the mechanical should develop fault, the local mechanics around can still do something to help my family in my absence.

About the factory error, there is something I will tell you here you will be surprised, my mode of repairs is combination of manufacturer" specification and my own theory got from series of repairs I did. one of my WhatsApp member shared a YouTube video, a white mechanic was repairing ford explorer ecoboost and he said he doesn't care about manufacturer say about recommended oil or what anyone says, throw the recommended oil to the window, that he has his own oil .so the member ask me to comment. I said, this white man here has his special reason due to his experience, likewise I will also say I don't care about what manufacturer say about motorcraft brake pads or what anyone say, throw it to the window, it's professional experience on the job repairs.

So I want to use this to inform you that all the internal water pump I replaced in my workshop were those that used different kinds of radiator coolant aside the manufactures. those coolant corroded and create a loop to the pump bleed orifice. those with the right coolant their water pumps are functioning well without replacement.

So what will people be saying out there, listen to hearsay and spread wrong information. they haven't experience the fault first hand, they are not ford repairers, they don't even know how the water pump looks like, yet they talk rubbish here and there. this behavior is really getting someone here mad.

Bring anything you know up about ford, I will crack it for you.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 10:01am On Sep 15, 2020
radautoworks:

Yes, our controversy can't be productive, because all your claims about fords are untrue, every statements about ford are hearsay and propagated by incompetent mechanics to cover up their incompetence, I advice people, before talking about ford tech, at least stay for two years in the core of fords tech. We the technical in ford proper should be in the right position to clear peoples misconception and enlightening people that come here for advice and update
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by radautoworks: 7:16pm On Sep 15, 2020
My dude, it's like you don't understand. Let me help you. We are an ASE CERTIFIED AMERICAN company who had been fixing these cars IN AMERICA for OVER 30 YEARS. we just landed in Nigeria a couple of years ago ROFL. Se you understand now?
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by LeJeun3: 8:06am On Sep 16, 2020
valarinz:

cry

E get why.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (31) (Reply)

List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) / Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.