Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,027 members, 7,810,832 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

Ford Cars Quite Explicit - Car Talk (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ford Cars Quite Explicit (97668 Views)

BMW Is Already Recalling New M760li Over Oil Leak – Quite Fast! / How Reliable And Maintenance Friendly Are Ford Cars? / In Need Of General Enlightenment About Ford Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Tucode: 8:37pm On Nov 15, 2023
sultaan:
No problem exists, get someone experienced to inspect before buying.

Sorento too is a good option

Thanks for your response. Please what about the parts. Are they readily available in the market?
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by ojeysky(m): 3:40am On Nov 17, 2023
Tucode:
Hello Nairalanders. Please I'm out for a new car. My initial choice was a 2016 Toyota Highlander or 2016 Lexus RX350, but the current prices for those cars are crazy so I'm considering cheaper options. I'm now looking at

1. 2018 Ford Edge
2. 2017 KIA Sorento
3. 2017 Hyundai Tucson

My preference is the Ford Edge because of it's interior and looks but I don't know anything about the car in terms of reliability. However, reviews I have seen here about Ford Edge aren't very encouraging with most talking about engine failure due to water pump. But I also noticed that most of the complaints are about the 2008-2012 models of the car. So I want to find out if anyone here has experience about the 2017/2018 models of Ford Edge and find out if it still has those issues. Please your opinions will be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Incase you decide on Sorrento route and don't mind a accident free 2014 limited edition fullest option (SXL) you may reach out as I have a toks for sale
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by ridbay(m): 10:37am On Jan 05
Good day

Please add me to the Ford Group

I have Ford Edge 2014 I bought as Tokunbo.

The first time I changed the engine oil, I was told to use hardex 5w-30

After two months, it started writing "Low engine oil pressure level" on the dashboard.

I bought two litres of hardex to top it up but the warning won't go away and my car shuts down after three minutes of running..
What do I do?
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by ericuzor(m): 6:26pm On Jan 07
ridbay:
Good day

After two months, it started writing "Low engine oil pressure level" on the dashboard.

I bought two litres of hardex to top it up but the warning won't go away and my car shuts down after three minutes of running..
What do I do?
.. remove all the engine oil and replace it with original motocraft synthetic engine oil 6litres, also buy motocraft oil filter. That will solve it..

1 Like

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 8:05am On Jan 10
ridbay:
Good day

What do I do?

You almost destroy the engine. If this should continue, the next problem would be cranking noise at cold starting, then VVT problems begin and engine power lose, so be ready to replace engine. You need to take quick action.

Even the so called motorcraft oil and motorcraft oil filter, claimed to be original are all fake everywhere at this period, one must be very careful.

I will add you to the group now. immediately you come, I would try to create time so that we could attend to this asap.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by odimbannamdi(m): 12:41am On Jan 15
Femtopford:

You almost destroy the engine. If this should continue, the next problem would be cranking noise at cold starting, then VVT problems begin and engine power lose, so be ready to replace engine. You need to take quick action.

Even the so called motorcraft oil and motorcraft oil filter, claimed to be original are all fake everywhere at this period, one must be very careful.

I will add you to the group now. immediately you come, I would try to create time so that we could attend to this asap.

Ridbay, please update us on how this goes
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by odimbannamdi(m): 12:42am On Jan 15
ericuzor:
.. remove all the engine oil and replace it with original motocraft synthetic engine oil 6litres, also buy motocraft oil filter. That will solve it..

How much is the motocraft oil and air filter?
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by ericuzor(m): 11:01am On Jan 16
odimbannamdi:

How much is the motocraft oil and air filter?
the motocraft oil 6litre is around 27k the filter is around 5k
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 7:58am On Jan 18
ericuzor:
the motocraft oil 6litre is around 27k the filter is around 5k

With these motorcraft oil and filter you quoted, you will definitely still destroy that 3.5l ivct engine of Ford.

Be extremely careful.

1 Like

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by ericuzor(m): 9:32am On Jan 20
Femtopford:

With these motorcraft oil and filter you quoted, you will definitely still destroy that 3.5l ivct engine of Ford.

Be extremely careful.
how does service of engine with the right specific synthetic oil for the engine, damage the engine..

1 Like

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 6:02am On Jan 22
ericuzor:
how does service of engine with the right specific synthetic oil for the engine, damage the engine..

The riddles should decoded by your people in our Nigeria spare parts local markets (LADIPO & OJUELEGBA).

I rest my case.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Fiver: 4:07pm On Jan 22
Maybe just import the engine oil and oil filters?
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by TriRyde(m): 9:07pm On Apr 08
Please kindly add me to the Ford whatsapp group admin 09121699641 thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply)

List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) / Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.