Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1084) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4383233 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1081) (1082) (1083) (1084) (1085) (1086) (1087) ... (3666) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olazzeedris(m): 2:13pm On Dec 21, 2018
JustB2018:

Land is firm and level(may need a lil raising on one side)....location already stated as ijebu ode sir
That's cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 3:30pm On Dec 21, 2018
Godson213:
Please how much can do foundation of two bedroom in Borija Ibadan? Can 400 do foundation plus workmanship?
I can help u with design and construction, I stay in Ibadan contact me. 08060506857
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godson213: 7:07pm On Dec 21, 2018
tevanso:
I can help u with design and construction, I stay in Ibadan contact me. 08060506857

How much will do it up to lintel stage plus workmanship??
I will definitely contact you. Help me put a figure to it
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 7:30pm On Dec 21, 2018
Godson213:

How much will do it up to lintel stage plus workmanship??
I will definitely contact you. Help me put a figure to it
1m will take it to lintel with German floor.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChiefSupplier55(m): 7:44pm On Dec 21, 2018
merry Xmas � in Addy to all the good pple of tje thread... God bless you all
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abdomox: 9:01pm On Dec 21, 2018
Please I need currwnt price for following:

2*2
2*4
2*3
3*4
2*6
4" nail 1 bag

Many thanks.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mmrius(m): 10:49pm On Dec 21, 2018
Please I need advise on the best way to calculate for screeding. I have contacted 2 different persons for the job, one charged me for only labor, whilst I buy the materials. The other one charged me based on the Sqm2 size of the rooms for labor and he will buy the materials.

Please who should I work with?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:13pm On Dec 22, 2018
i am looking for someone that can guide me on how to get building approval in ibadan,oyo state for a building project in kolapo ishola gra
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 5:19pm On Dec 22, 2018
boyestic:
i am looking for someone that can guide me on how to get building approval in ibadan,oyo state for a building project in kolapo ishola gra
cc kolanshangone
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 22, 2018
twinskenny:
cc kolanshangone

i cant find him here,are you sure the name is spelt correctly?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aventures(m): 6:04pm On Dec 22, 2018
biliment:

Good morning Builders and engineers in the house. I once posted this in this group but to no response from anyone. I did the posting just to get someone that I can acquire more knowledge of construction from after my service year. But, its really surprising and heart broken that non of the builders in here are ready to help in anyway. Well, let me say the response I didn't get project my thinking and drive my thought away from relying on help from anyone. After some months at home, I started thinking of how I can be my own boss without moving out of the construction field I studied and have full passion for. I concluded in starting a little business of mine which is A professional cleaning Services. This cross my mind because of the experienced have had in this business during my undergraduate days. Thank God today have been called to some works which I delivered perfectly. My coming back to this tread is to appeal and plead to those who can help and connect me to the right channel to progress in my little business, should please Help a brother to carve his own niche as u all are doing well in this field. I will open a personal tread to display my previous works on this professional cleaning services. thank u all as you find a space in your heart to help me on this project.
Hello friend, your courage is highly appreciated. I will advice that as grow your business, also try and start with your building career as well. You should not expect builders in the house to request for your CV, pick their contacts and pursue hard after them, I am sure you will get opportunity to start some where. Note that this field is tasking and Engineers and builders has a lot going on in their head so do the follow up. God bless your hustle.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:10pm On Dec 22, 2018
boyestic:

i cant find him here,are you sure the name is spelt correctly?
kolashangone

Sorry

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:51am On Dec 23, 2018
thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by marygold(f): 1:25pm On Dec 23, 2018
Please house..I need your professional advice.We just finished tiling our bathroom only for us to discover that part of the wall tiles started falling off after some days.On hitting the remaining ones still intact we were hearing sound as if there was still spaces some where.What could be the cause of the tiles falling off.Same tiler did the work of the other bathrooms and no issue.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olaitoro(m): 2:41pm On Dec 23, 2018
marygold:
Please house..I need your professional advice.We just finished tiling our bathroom only for is to discover that part of the wall tiles started falling off after some days.On hitting the remaining ones still intact we were hearing sound as if there was still spaces some where.What could be the cause of the tiles falling off.Same ruler did the work of the other bathrooms and no issue.

One of this three factors cause it:
1) if the wall was very smooth before receiving the tiles.
2) poor cement mixture used during the tiling.
3) insufficient wall - tile bonding element ie; cement mixture.

Hope this helps

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 3:38pm On Dec 23, 2018
Compliment of the season

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by biliment(m): 10:10pm On Dec 23, 2018
Aventures:
Hello friend, your courage is highly appreciated. I will advice that as grow your business, also try and start with your building career as well. You should not expect builders in the house to request for your CV, pick their contacts and pursue hard after them, I am sure you will get opportunity to start some where. Note that this field is tasking and Engineers and builders has a lot going on in their head so do the follow up. God bless your hustle.
Tanx boss really appreciate your advice.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 10:40pm On Dec 23, 2018
Abdomox:
Please I need currwnt price for following:

2*2
2*4
2*3
3*4
2*6
4" nail 1 bag

Many thanks.

2*2=270, 2*3=370, 2*4=500. 2*6=900, 4inchis nail, # 7,000

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abdomox: 2:49am On Dec 24, 2018
Adedward:
2*2=270, 2*3=370, 2*4=500. 2*6=900, 4inchis nail, # 7,000

Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Juell(m): 6:16am On Dec 24, 2018
JustB2018:
Pls help engineers in the house...heres my floor plan for a 4bedroom duplex sitting on half plots of land 60 by 60ft.
I only want to do the foundation now, but ll appreciate the least breakdown of expenses for bought the foundation and to the first floor excluding roofing.
*Sands for foundation
*No of blocks 9"
*No of cement
*Minimum workmanship cost
Site location is ijebu ode, ogun state

Pls note dont ve much as i ll be on ground to see for myself and am ordering all materials.Trying to squeeze out and start something lil by lil.
Also i need a very strong foundation to avoid stories that touch (walls giving way etc)
Just looked at ur plan, the plan needs to be worked on.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by JustB2018(m): 7:03am On Dec 24, 2018
Juell:

Just looked at ur plan, the plan needs to be worked on.

How do you mean sir?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by miracle1997: 7:25am On Dec 24, 2018
Abdomox:

Give the dimension of the building.

Hello,its on a 50*50 land.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by JustB2018(m): 7:52am On Dec 24, 2018
Compliment of thr season to all in the house,
Pls am in urgent need of assistance, i once posted my 4 bedroom duplex ground level plan but now decided to go for a 3/4 bedroom bungalow(but looking for a unique design from the normal,considering a modern flat roof or the normal at a very reduced cost).

Anyone with already prepared or built plan should help
Note: The land is very level and dry (the bricklayer i intend using suggested a 6" block all through including foundation saying a 9" block is a waste).Also its a full plot at 60ft by 120ft but i intend using 60ft by 60ft

Help house i need to stop feeding younger landlords :-)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Juell(m): 7:54am On Dec 24, 2018
JustB2018:

How do you mean sir?
From my own view, the plan needs to be worked on. Like the positions of the stairs and visitor's toilet.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Juell(m): 7:57am On Dec 24, 2018
JustB2018:
Compliment of thr season to all in the house,
Pls am in urgent need of assistance, i once posted my 4 bedroom duplex ground level plan but now decided to go for a 3/4 bedroom bungalow(but looking for a unique design from the normal,considering a modern flat roof or the normal at a very reduced cost).

Anyone with already prepared or built plan should help
Note: The land is very level and dry (the bricklayer i intend using suggested a 6" block all through including foundation saying a 9" block is a waste.

Help house i need to stop feeding younger landlords :-)
Where's ur location?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by JustB2018(m): 1:40pm On Dec 24, 2018
Juell:

Where's ur location?

Ijebu ode, ogun state
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Juell(m): 6:24pm On Dec 24, 2018
JustB2018:

Ijebu ode, ogun state
Send me a mail on juellone@gmail.com
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by JustB2018(m): 7:51pm On Dec 24, 2018
Juell:

Send me a mail on juellone@gmail.com

Sent
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by darenyx(m): 10:22pm On Dec 24, 2018
miracle1997:

Hello,its on a 50*50 land.

This very wrong... this is my intellectual work you are sharing and even planning to build without asking for my permission.... what if the original owner of the plan I did this design for sees he's plan that He paid for being shared on a public platform ...

This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever...

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Juell(m): 11:21pm On Dec 24, 2018
JustB2018:

Sent
Got your mail but, the one I sent ain't going through.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1081) (1082) (1083) (1084) (1085) (1086) (1087) ... (3666) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: obago(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.