Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1099) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4403691 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1096) (1097) (1098) (1099) (1100) (1101) (1102) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 6:38am On Jan 16, 2019
Adedward:
we'll done sir, Almighty god will provides, according to ur question, nothing happened to ur carcass, if they used good wood for u, nothing happened to it, sir but u can get ur carpenter ready if they want to covered it, sir in case they want to change one or two woods out of it, if possible , sorry boss, I want to used this medium to tell u that we installe we supply of longspan and jerad for the best, 0.45=#1,200 0.55 =#1,500 to the sites, this is number to call,08135810794
gud morning here,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by koolengrtimmy(m): 11:04am On Jan 16, 2019
anochuks08:
This is a picture of the house, will snap the dpc when i go to the site.

I didn't see any picture
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by koolengrtimmy(m): 11:08am On Jan 16, 2019
bixton:

There's absolutely nothing you can do as long as there's no actual cave in of the concrete floor.
Except you choose to mark out the affected areas, break the concrete, refill with back filling material and cast again.

I agree to this response.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mavinomatch: 11:20am On Jan 16, 2019
see bellow

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 11:49am On Jan 16, 2019
Chekitaut:
Benin, wey doh! i fear una ooo...
Roofing Wood Price
3x4 @2300each
2x6 @2200each
2x4 @1100each
2x3 @1000each
2x2 @650each

Concrete wood 1x12@2300each.

...am scared

Three days ago, I still supplied

3x4 - 800 naira,
2x6- 1000,
2x4- 550,
2x3- 450,
2x2- 300 naira

from ibadan to Lagos. We dey enjoy for here o..

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Juell(m): 11:53am On Jan 16, 2019
mavinomatch:
see bellow
If those odds really work as u're claiming, why not make all the millions and keep them to urself?

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 11:58am On Jan 16, 2019
elengine:
Good evening house. After I finished the wood carcass of my house last year September, I didn't have money to roof it immediately and it has been there as we speak. My question is, is there any risk at all given that the woods were exposed to sunlight from September to November before it stopped. If there is any risk, what can I do to salvage the situation before I cover it by month end. Cheers

Only physical assessment can determine if there's any risk associated with it. Exposing woodwork to elements of weather for 4 months can lead to wood hardening thereby making it tougher for nail to penetrate during covering, Can also lead to Warping, and increases the chance of breaking easily.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BumperNO: 1:38pm On Jan 16, 2019
smiley
PYSHomesUK4:
nice subject by the way.

We have :

1 plot of land for sale in Amaenyi, Agu - Awka , Awka , Anambra State.

Mixed use land .

Ideal for investment and or development N2.5m

Call us now for a viewing.

0905 669 9031 0905 669 8980

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 2:53pm On Jan 16, 2019
elengine:
Good evening house. After I finished the wood carcass of my house last year September, I didn't have money to roof it immediately and it has been there as we speak. My question is, is there any risk at all given that the woods were exposed to sunlight from September to November before it stopped. If there is any risk, what can I do to salvage the situation before I cover it by month end. Cheers

No one can categorically and authoritatively give a to fit your interest. I as a person tell my clients a period of 90 days maximum between roofing woodwork and roofing sheet covering. That being so and depending on geographical location our weather conditions changes and varies compared to the normal we were taught in primary school.
You'll need to run a physical examination and the best person to do that is the roofing sheet installer.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 3:59pm On Jan 16, 2019
KolaShangOne:

3x4 - 800 naira,
2x6- 1000,
2x4- 550,
2x3- 450,
2x2- 300 naira

can you supply to Benin?
I want bafia wood
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by keepingmum: 4:38pm On Jan 16, 2019
Can someone please advise the following
cost per block in Abuja
which block is better, stone dust or sand?
when building, is it better to dig your borehole first and make your blocks or do borehole last?
Whats the cost to build/sink a borehole in abuja?
Average costs or gates in abuja
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Juell(m): 5:06pm On Jan 16, 2019
keepingmum:
Can someone please advise the following
cost per block in Abuja
which block is better, stone dust or sand?
when building, is it better to dig your borehole first and make your blocks or do borehole last?
Whats the cost to build/sink a borehole in abuja?
Average costs or gates in abuja
Blocks price is between 150-170 depending on location. Stone dust is better.
Then it's better if you sink ur borehole b4 construction cos buying of water in Abuja is quite expensive, with about 350k u can get a good borehole.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 5:48pm On Jan 16, 2019
GoodFaith:

can you supply to Benin?
I want bafia wood
there is bafia wood in benin by pass, I can supply you call 09069523526
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 5:54pm On Jan 16, 2019
GoodFaith:

In Benin
What type of wood Bafia
Roofing Wood Price
3x4 @1700
2x4 @950
2x3 @850
2x2 @530
remember some are by 18 ft in lieu of 12ft we normally use here in the west

Call 09069523526, email: mountproperties@outlook.com send your roofing plan for free quotation now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 7:07pm On Jan 16, 2019
Follow up question on the duration to wait for decking to cure... how long to wait before removing the bamboo and formwork from the decking to be able to commence finishing of ground floor, assuming there is no immediate plans to set upper floor blockwork?

KolaShangOne:

Minimum should be 1 week depending on the strength your slab has attained which you cannot know unless you do a cube test.

If you used Dangote 42.5R cement and you used 1.3.6, after 7 days it should have a strength of about 12kn/mm which is okay to commence work.

Therefore, how quickly you start your upper floor blockwork depends on strength it would have achieved which also depends on Mix Ratio, Type of cement, water and other factors..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Alkanelly: 7:22pm On Jan 16, 2019
Hello Experts in the house, Can someone tell me how many iron rods, bags of cement and woods etc i would need to complete the decking/slab of my 4 units of 2 bedroom flats in port harcourt. see the attached structural drawings for the slab, beams and stair for the building. thank you very much in advance

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jon3nity(m): 8:13pm On Jan 16, 2019

That's what reforestation is all about.

You plant to replace what you cut. Yes it will take years for trees to mature but do you know how dangerous cement is to the human body?

Whenever I see pictures of workers schleping about in raw concrete sometimes bare footed and you know they'll have open cuts from working on a construction zone and breathing in all the silica dust, I cringe (yeah mother of all run on sentences grin )

The modern idea is to use the least amount of concrete as possible in construction.

"Cement comprises 7 to 15 percent of total concrete volume. As an alkaline material, wet cement is caustic, and can cause severe chemical burns to exposed skin and eyes. Thus, working with fresh concrete presents an obvious risk. That’s why it’s so important to always wear water-proof gloves, a long-sleeved shirt, full-length trousers, and proper eye protection. If you have to stand in wet concrete, use water-proof boots that are high enough to keep concrete from flowing into them. Wash wet concrete, mortar, cement, or cement mixtures from your skin immediately. Flush eyes with clean water immediately after contact. Indirect contact through clothing can be as serious as direct contact, so promptly rinse out wet concrete, mortar, cement or cement mixtures from clothing. And always seek immediate medical attention if you have persistent or severe discomfort.

In addition to the caustic nature of cement, 95 percent of cement particles are smaller than 45 µm.—compared to tobacco smoke of approximately 3 µm—suggesting that the danger of inhalation is possible. Workers opening bags or sacks of cement and cement products should always wear a dust mask in addition to their regular safety attire."
Following
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 9:47pm On Jan 16, 2019
KolaShangOne:

3x4 - 800 naira,
2x6- 1000,
2x4- 550,
2x3- 450,
2x2- 300 naira

I swear we are really enjoying in SW, Granite 30tons package is 180k+ in Edo, una chop witch ni?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 9:48pm On Jan 16, 2019
Alkanelly:
Hello Experts in the house, Can someone tell me how many iron rods, bags of cement and woods etc i would need to complete the decking/slab of my 4 units of 2 bedroom flats in port harcourt. see the attached structural drawings for the slab, beams and stair for the building. thank you very much in advance
Pls contact your favorite Engineer in d forum, biko

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 9:52pm On Jan 16, 2019
KolaShangOne:

3x4 - 800 naira,
2x6- 1000,
2x4- 550,
2x3- 450,
2x2- 300 naira

If you try bring from Ondo or Ijebu, sorry be your surname because Obaseki boys go seize am before you enter Edo.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 9:54pm On Jan 16, 2019
mountmoriah:
there is biafra wood in benin by pass, I can supply you call 09069523526
What's ur prices?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 10:30pm On Jan 16, 2019
megacontrol:
Follow up question on the duration to wait for decking to cure... how long to wait before removing the bamboo and formwork from the decking to be able to commence finishing of ground floor, assuming there is no immediate plans to set upper floor blockwork?

It's widely known that Concrete develops its maximum compressive strength at 28 days. At day 28, it's safe to remove the supports..

Although, several factors such as

Climate,

Spans of slab,

beam depth/size and span

concrete type

form and shape of structure i.e, dome,vault,arch,simply supported,cantilivered

type of cement used

type of aggregate used

thickness of slab incl variation in effective sections as per design requirement etc can also be factors.

For example when you have a span of about 4m or less, you can eveb remove the support after 7 or 14 days. Let me not confuse you. Read my first paragraph again.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by koolengrtimmy(m): 12:13am On Jan 17, 2019
KolaShangOne:

It's widely known that Concrete develops its maximum compressive strength at 28 days. At day 28, it's safe to remove the supports..

Although, several factors such as

Climate,

Spans of slab,

beam depth/size and span

concrete type

form and shape of structure i.e, dome,vault,arch,simply supported,cantilivered

type of cement used

type of aggregate used

thickness of slab incl variation in effective sections as per design requirement etc can also be factors.

For example when you have a span of about 4m or less, you can eveb remove the support after 7 or 14 days. Let me not confuse you. Read my first paragraph again.

Thumbs up man.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coretechng1(m): 12:39am On Jan 17, 2019
aonag:

lol. you guys are funny. why do you want people to pay you for doing manual jobs when you know that using machines as a standard would make your jobs easier, faster and neater?
A bricklayer once told me its different cost plastering with plum(spirit level). I wonder how you wont work with basic tools that make your job easy,neat and fast.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Arnoldfish(m): 4:17am On Jan 17, 2019
coretechng1:
A bricklayer once told me its different cost plastering with plum(spirit level). I wonder how you wont work with basic tools that make your job easy,neat and fast.
That is a different case. You said "basic tools" not Electric powered machines.
In the case of the comment you quoted, he was talking about having the same cost for using a manual tiling machine and the electric one, manual tile cutting machine is a basic tool and the electric ones are not, considering the fact that one,
1. Most times these machines breaks down and you need to replace it, who bears the cost?
2. They use blades which needs to be replaced from time to time on the course of the job, unlike the manual ones. Who bears the cost?
3. Provision of Fuel for the generator that will run the machine, cos one can't rely on Nepa , that's if there's a source of power on site. Who bears the cost?

Yes, if you request for special machines to be employed for your job as against the manual/basic ones you need to pay more.
It's more like asking why there's a difference in the cost of hand mix concrete and machine mix. Simply, machine and machine running cost. Machine not tool.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 10:50am On Jan 17, 2019
Chekitaut:
What's ur prices?

3x4x18ft @2100 per rate
2x6x18ft @2000 per rate
2x4x18ft @1000 per rate
2x3x18ft @900 per rate
2x2x18ft @500 per rate

3x4x12ft @1500 per rate
2x6x12ft @1400 per rate
2x4x12ft @500 per rate
2x3x12ft @400 per rate
2x2x12ft @300 per rate

Bafia woods

call: 09069523526, email: mountproperties@outlook.com
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 10:54am On Jan 17, 2019
Chekitaut:
If you try bring from Ondo or Ijebu, sorry be your surname because Obaseki boys go seize am before you enter Edo.
suppliers knows the boys and know how to deal with them, boys too are always at ogere and Berger to collect revenues for woods coming from ibadan to lagos.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by phemmy05: 1:49pm On Jan 17, 2019
hello . I would like to buy 2 big tipper of sharp sand. and one tonnes of 12mm iron.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 4:21pm On Jan 17, 2019
Alkanelly:
hello sir
if you need an electrical services dont hesitate to let us know. God bless
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 6:39pm On Jan 17, 2019
Chekitaut:
I swear we are really enjoying in SW, Granite 30tons package is 180k+ in Edo, una chop witch ni?

True.

In. The east. Imo State. It's up to 250K
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 6:44pm On Jan 17, 2019
Chekitaut:
Pls contact your favorite Engineer in d forum, biko

In building construction just like other field and industry. There is division of Labour. The client should do the needful. I believe someone ought to have done the foundation and ground floor to get to decking stage.

If works aren't given to the engineer or a Qs to establish. How would they make a living. We should rather encourage clients to employ those whose jobs are to do what they needed other than wanting it free or cheap. Coz really nothing is free in freetown. Everyone can always advise or guide clients here. That's welcomed. But not when client is deliberately trying to boycott everything and everyone
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by koolengrtimmy(m): 7:10pm On Jan 17, 2019
Alkanelly:

You need to hire a QS for this project
And a construction engineer to supervise.
Good luck.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1096) (1097) (1098) (1099) (1100) (1101) (1102) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: KingRabota, kalu61(m), Aduragbemi45(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.