Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,633 members, 7,813,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4378209 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1097) (1098) (1099) (1100) (1101) (1102) (1103) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 7:40pm On Jan 17, 2019
Dennis3D:

True.

In. The east. Imo State. It's up to 250K

You can't be buying 30 tons granite to Imo State at the rate of #250k?
Except you're talking about one interior area in the state.
Which quarry are you picking from?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 7:43pm On Jan 17, 2019
please i need professional suggestions on the best and most practical way to fix this crack.

you will notice it is along the same path on both the internal and external sides of the wall

thanks

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by elengine: 7:18am On Jan 18, 2019
Adedward:
gud morning here,
good morning. Thanks for your comments. I have however stored your number for future business
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nbg4real: 10:33am On Jan 18, 2019
good morning house, i learnt that steptiles and metrocopo roofings are having leakage problem. please i need reviews from experience of atleast 5years.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 10:53am On Jan 18, 2019
Understanding use of Cement
We have different type of Cement specifically for different purpose.
Dangote hv 3products while Lafarge with more than 5products but 2 are popular in circulation

Dangote BlocMaster Grade 42.5R & Lafarge Supaset Grade 32.5R are for block production & concrete they dry fast and also cure fast.

Dangote Falcon Grade 32.5N & Lafarge Classic 32.5N is best for plastering but Lafarge can confidently serve all purpose while Dangote is for plastering alone.

Dangote 42.5N can be used for all construction work like Lafarge Classic 32.5N.

Apply your cement wisely during building construction.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 11:24am On Jan 18, 2019
Nbg4real:
good morning house, i learnt that steptiles and metrocopo roofings are having leakage problem. please i need reviews from experience of atleast 5years.

First is the installation Problem, if you use unprofessional and bad installers you will have leakages

Second point is the gauge, my advice, use 0.55 gauge for either stepped tiles or metcop because of their corrugating designs

Third, the machines use in corrugating the aluminum, some aluminum company corrugating machines are bad, and they will use it to corrugate for you any way.

Bottom line; if you get 0.70mm guage for unprofessional installers, they will mess up your roofing sheets, it will look rough and leak water, my advice is that don't use 0.45mm for stepped tiles and Metcopo, 0.45mm gauge is only good for long span, metral or normal design, get professional aluminum installers, we charge only just N150 per square meter to one install your either long span, stepped tiles and metcopo, and N170 per square meter for stone coated.

Long span 0.45mm today price N1, 120

Long span 0.55mm today price N1, 570

Stepped Tiles 0.55mm today price N1, 700

Metcopo 0.55mm today price N1, 800

Stone coated (Bond N2, 350)

Stone coated (Shingle N2, 450)

Stone coated (Milano N2, 500)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 11:54am On Jan 18, 2019
laravell99:
Thanks Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Juell(m): 12:23pm On Jan 18, 2019
laravell99:
THIS IS THE ECOMMERCE WEBSITE DESIGN

With this incredible offer, we give you an easy way to sell products online. We arm you with modern store designs and the powerful features you need to provide a consistent shopping experience that works across desktop, tablet and mobile devices. The online shopping experience once reserved for major online retailers is now at your fingertips.

Our designers and developers will do hard part for you by creating beautiful, customizable themes, so you can create a store that’s as unique as your products.

That is why your E-commerce Website development can’t afford to be handled by 'Web-Quacks’

WHAT YOU GET FOR YOUR ECOMMERCE WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT WITH US

- BEAUTIFUL WEBSITE AESTHETIC AND FUNCTIONALITIES – THAT CAN COMPTE WITH TOP SITES
- BUSINESS BRAND LOGO DESIGN (A MUST FOR YOUR BUSINESS)
- UP TO 5 BANNER DESIGNS FOR YOUR ONLINE MARKETING ADS FOR FREE
- PAYMENT GATEWAY INTEGRATION
- LIVE CHAT (make it easy to connect with customers enquiries on the go)
- FREE TRAINING ON HOW TO UPLOAD, EDIT AND REMOVE PRODUCT IMAGES OR PRICES FREE
------------------------------------------------------
- SSL Certificate Installed for FREE
- 1 year US-based Hosting (comes with unlimited Hosting Space and Bandwidth)
- Free Domain for 1 Year
- SEO Implementation with Google Analytics & Google Console for Good online Ranking
- Comes with GOOD Website loading Speed!
- Up to 10 or more official email addresses FREE
- Websites comes with 247 availability. NO DOWNTIME!
- Contact/enquiry form
- Google map integration
- Social media integration
- Basic Website Maintenance for 2 Months for FREE...YES! For Absolutely FREE!

ALL THESE PLUS MORE FOR JUST N45,000 FROM THE CUSTOMER CENTRIC ICT COMPANY THAT HAS IMPLEMENTED WEB/MOBILE APP SOLUTIONS FOR SATISFIED CLIENTS ACROSS NIGERIA, UK, USA, CANADA AND IN AFRICA. WE ARE the HOLY GRAIL of website design and development when it comes to SMEs that are starting out (and of course for far complex web projects). Once you can dream it, WE WILL ACTUALISE IT FOR YOU - GUANRANTEED!

CONTACTS AND WEBSITE ON BANNERS! LIMITED TIME OFFER!!

Did you read de topic b4 posting?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nbg4real: 2:19pm On Jan 18, 2019
[quote author=mountmoriah post=74879712]

First is the installation Problem, if you use unprofessional and bad installers you will have leakages

Second point is the gauge, my advice, use 0.55 gauge for either stepped tiles or metcop because of their corrugating designs

Third, the machines use in corrugating the aluminum, some aluminum company corrugating machines are bad, and they will use it to corrugate for you any way.

Bottom line; if you get 0.70mm guage for unprofessional installers, they will mess up your roofing sheets, it will look rough and leak water, my advice is that don't use 0.45mm for stepped tiles and Metcopo, 0.45mm gauge is only good for long span, metral or normal design, get professional aluminum installers, we charge only just N150 per square meter to one install your either long span, stepped tiles and metcopo, and N170 per square meter for stone coated.

[Thank yiu Sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 3:40pm On Jan 18, 2019
megacontrol:
please i need professional suggestions on the best and most practical way to fix this crack.

you will notice it is along the same path on both the internal and external sides of the wall

thanks
I do not think there is remedy to this, this would hv being avoided if a chain lintel is apply to the structure, crack mayb cause by soil settlement or weight of the roofing.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 4:24pm On Jan 18, 2019
[quote author=Nbg4real post=74885051][/quote] You are welcome sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 5:11pm On Jan 18, 2019
Chekitaut:
I do not think there is remedy to this, this would hv being avoided if a chain lintel is apply to the structure, crack mayb cause by soil settlement or weight of the roofing.
that is not true sir, it will be fix sir, if he want, my bricklayer will come and fix that thing for him sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 5:17pm On Jan 18, 2019
megacontrol:

thanks

Just get a good mason to come do the repair.
The repair method is not what can be explained to understanding. It's only when you see it done, you'll get the drift especially if you've not done it before.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 5:21pm On Jan 18, 2019
Chekitaut:

We have said this numerous times, chain lintel or not, does not prevent walls from cracking.
A good house is as good as its foundation, the nature of blocks used and mortar mixture.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 5:30pm On Jan 18, 2019
bixton:

We have said this numerous times, chain lintel or not, does not prevent walls from cracking.
A good house is as good as its foundation, the nature of blocks used and mortar mixture.
Getting foundation right is very important part of building construction, but having said that, this problem can still be fix 100%.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 5:36pm On Jan 18, 2019
mountmoriah:
foundation is the most important things in every building construction, but having said that, this problem can still be fix 100%

Only a collapsed building can't be fixed.
Every other thing will amount to spending money and sweating.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 5:37pm On Jan 18, 2019
bixton:

Only a collapsed building can't be fixed.
Every other thing will amount to spending money and sweating.
that is true but take note, though; if drywall cracking or surface distortion is severe or there are other indications of significant settling or potential structural problems due to fault foundation but not all wall cracks are cause by fault foundation.

Contraction and expansion: The materials (paint, plaster) that make up your wall contract and expand because of fluctuations in humidity levels and temperature changes. This is usually a problem if the wall is within a room that is periodically air-conditioned or it faces the afternoon sun quite a bit. The movement of contraction and expansion can cause hairline cracks to appear.

Low quality paint: Inferior quality paint results in poor paint adhesion on your wall, which leads to cracks over time. In addition, using different paints for each paint coat can also cause cracks on the wall.

No corner way around it, Keep your paint consistent and use a high-quality product. It might cost you a little but it pay off, it’s better than suffering for it in the future

Impatience during plasterwork: Sometimes, patience is the best way to go. Not letting cement plaster completely dry before applying paint is actually quite a common factor attributed to cracks. It’ll be better than buying new paint to redo your walls.

Poor paint job: Painting an entire house can be a huge amount of work, and it can be tempting to rush through it. But mistakes like missing out layers, or not letting previous layers completely dry can hamper your overall efforts. A good paint job takes time, so plan around it!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 6:12pm On Jan 18, 2019
megacontrol:

thanks
I'm curious and would like to hear expert opinion on why the cracks appear to start from the top and gets less prominent at the base, why the cracks didn't reach the base, why a second set of crack in the third and fourth pictures started from the top and stopped few feet without continuing down and if cracks that resulted from differential settlement occur towards horizontal plane.
I noticed the crack branched off from the window hood area.
There are cosmetic means that could cover the cracks through the use of flexible fillers but the professionals would be able to explain the cause and tell if it's something that is likely to continue over time.
I anticipate possible cause from the professionals so that we could learn a thing or two new things.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 6:18pm On Jan 18, 2019
mountmoriah:
that is true but take note, though; if drywall cracking or surface distortion is severe or there are other indications of significant settling or potential structural problems due to fault foundation but not all wall cracks are cause by fault foundation.

Contraction and expansion: The materials (paint, plaster) that make up your wall contract and expand because of fluctuations in humidity levels and temperature changes. This is usually a problem if the wall is within a room that is periodically air-conditioned or it faces the afternoon sun quite a bit. The movement of contraction and expansion can cause hairline cracks to appear.

Low quality paint: Inferior quality paint results in poor paint adhesion on your wall, which leads to cracks over time. In addition, using different paints for each paint coat can also cause cracks on the wall.

No corner way around it, Keep your paint consistent and use a high-quality product. It might cost you a little but it pay off, it’s better than suffering for it in the future

Impatience during plasterwork: Sometimes, patience is the best way to go. Not letting cement plaster completely dry before applying paint is actually quite a common factor attributed to cracks. So put on some Netflix and chill out! It’ll be better than buying new paint to redo your walls.

Poor paint job: Painting an entire house can be a huge amount of work, and it can be tempting to rush through it. But mistakes like missing out layers, or not letting previous layers completely dry can hamper your overall efforts. A good paint job takes time, so plan around it!

I'll have to disagree with some aspects in the bold statements.
I don't see how a paint will cause cracks on a wall...............

Apart from bad foundation,etc,etc, cracks of any nature on walls are mainly caused by anything that has cement added to it and the moisture content effect.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 7:16pm On Jan 18, 2019
bixton:

I disgree with you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 7:43pm On Jan 18, 2019
Chekitaut:
I disgree with you
we all must agree to disagree but at the end, we all gain from learning till infinite

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Royruky(m): 7:45pm On Jan 18, 2019
mountmoriah:

Stone coated (Bond N2, 350)

Stone coated (Shingle N2, 450)

Stone coated (Milano N2, 500)

What is the quality of the long span aluminum. Is it of same quality with that of Tower or First Aluminum
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 7:50pm On Jan 18, 2019
bixton:
[/b]

I'll have to disagree with some aspects in the bold statements.
I don't see how a paint will cause cracks on a wall...............

Apart from bad foundation,etc,etc, cracks of any nature on walls are mainly caused by anything that has cement added to it and the moisture content effect.
sir bixton, a little google search, just like this (how bad paint and bad paint work can cause crack on your finish wall) will do justification to my comment, mind you, I said not all cracks wall are cause by fault foundation, not in this case sir megacontrol is requesting info.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 7:53pm On Jan 18, 2019
Royruky:

What is the quality of the long span aluminum. Is it of same quality with that of Tower or First Aluminum
this not tower or first aluminum, this bozac aluminum next to the former two companies
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Royruky(m): 7:57pm On Jan 18, 2019
mountmoriah:
this not tower or first aluminum, this bozac aluminum next to the former two companies

What is the quality of Bozac aluminum?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 8:08pm On Jan 18, 2019
Royruky:

What is the quality of Bozac aluminum?
it will not fade or change color, the gauge is accurate, not less gauge, the 0.45mm is accurate 0.45mm same as the 0.55mm, the corrugating machine are newly imported, that will give the aesthetic beauty you want for your roof, plus our professional installers, will do perfect work installing your roofing sheets because they know how much it cost to buy them, and they also realize that is perfect job they will do that we bring another job and food to their tables

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 9:25pm On Jan 18, 2019
@hajji mufutau, you are welcome sir, trusting allah your day was lovely sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ceelog(m): 9:36pm On Jan 18, 2019
mountmoriah:
it will not fade or change color, the gauge is accurate, not less gauge, the 0.45mm is accurate 0.45mm same as the 0.55mm, the corrugating machine are newly imported, that will give the aesthetic beauty you want for your roof, plus our professional installers, will do perfect work installing your roofing sheets because they know how much it cost to buy them, and they also realize that is perfect job they will do that we bring another job and food to their tables

This is the third time I am hearing an installer mention Bozac aluminium.

No fade, no color change? For an imported roof coil. Sounds to good to be true compared to what the "big boys" are recommending.

So what guarantee or warranty do you or the company give?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1097) (1098) (1099) (1100) (1101) (1102) (1103) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: KIDfurniture(m), fabulous85 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.