Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,421 members, 7,836,681 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1115) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4446555 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1112) (1113) (1114) (1115) (1116) (1117) (1118) ... (3679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PYSHomesUK3: 5:10pm On Feb 14, 2019
shocked yes thanks
Babs612000:

Many thanks for posting,this is a good guide.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by true2home(m): 6:38pm On Feb 14, 2019
My take on this issue is true evaluation. How do you know how much your property is worth after say, 5yrs in Nigerian RE? Too much speculations.

Building Cost is Fixed. Rent Revenue of an area is relatively known. Repair and Appreciation are Variable. Salvage Estimate is my problem.

Why... The Comparable varies wildly in Nigeria. One person will sell a house in same community say, 40M after land and Added Value. Another will sell his 80M in the same community of the same size. One is a Military man, therefore Baale and Omoonile did not add to his cost of construction. The other wasn't so luck.

You can see that the ROI will be different in the above scenarios. I invest long-time in Nigeria's RE. I target above 7%ROI by way of rent income. Appreciation of land and rent revenues are good enough for my simple method of investing. The good thing about rent income is that you can adjust it for inflation quickly. Pass it on to tenant when govern messes up the value of money like Bahari did; lol

spyder880:

What about the ease of selling the house when you want? Another point to consider.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uyijiano4u(m): 9:46pm On Feb 14, 2019
good evening all the top oga's and madam

i ask one site engineer, quotation for german flooring and lintel, he included sand and stone dust, without granite......please gurus in the building is this possible??
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:31am On Feb 15, 2019
uyijiano4u:
good evening all the top oga's and madam

i ask one site engineer, quotation for german flooring and lintel, he included sand and stone dust, without granite......please gurus in the building is this possible??

That should be a mistake, please call his attention.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 8:24am On Feb 15, 2019
Morning all, which is more suited for foundation works and why?

Dangote vs Lafarge?

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:07am On Feb 15, 2019
Roof sheet 231.1mts
Facial and ceiling cladding 45,56mts
Flat sheet 40mts
I need quotation for this house
Send to my whatsapp @
0 8 0 33 47 67 25
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 9:38am On Feb 15, 2019
Chekitaut:
Best recommend for Concrete works & Vibrated Concrete Block...
Is this in osun state
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:48am On Feb 15, 2019
megacontrol:
Morning all, which is more suited for foundation works and why?

Dangote vs Lafarge?

Thanks

cc checktaut
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uyijiano4u(m): 10:41am On Feb 15, 2019
Really, but I had to give the project to someone else, coz yu know mistake at an early stage is a major havoc
segzy14:

That should be a mistake, please call his attention.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PYSHomesUK3: 11:22am On Feb 15, 2019
yes
Dieumerci:
Ok hajji.
It's going to be an interesting thread.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PYSHomesUK3: 11:26am On Feb 15, 2019
you can do so when others did shocked
true2home:
My take on this issue is true evaluation. How do you know how much your property is worth after say, 5yrs in Nigerian RE? Too much speculations.

Building Cost is Fixed. Rent Revenue of an area is relatively known. Repair and Appreciation are Variable. Salvage Estimate is my problem.

Why... The Comparable varies wildly in Nigeria. One person will sell a house in same community say, 40M after land and Added Value. Another will sell his 80M in the same community of the same size. One is a Military man, therefore Baale and Omoonile did not add to his cost of construction. The other wasn't so luck.

You can see that the ROI will be different in the above scenarios. I invest long-time in Nigeria's RE. I target above 7%ROI by way of rent income. Appreciation of land and rent revenues are good enough for my simple method of investing. The good thing about rent income is that you can adjust it for inflation quickly. Pass it on to tenant when govern messes up the value of money like Bahari did; lol

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by HEADYWORLD: 2:35pm On Feb 15, 2019
adex79:
Roof sheet 231.1mts
Facial and ceiling cladding 45,56mts
Flat sheet 40mts
I need quotation for this house
Send to my whatsapp @
0 8 0 33 47 67 25

Search for ide global at iyanapaja... I bought 0.45 from them recently at 1100 per metre
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PYSHomesUK3: 3:44pm On Feb 15, 2019
yes
segcymoor:

Not properly done? But how?
Raft foundation is most simple form of foundation as far as I am concerned. grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PYSHomesUK3: 3:45pm On Feb 15, 2019
shocked
HEADYWORLD:

Search for ide global at iyanapaja... I bought 0.45 from them recently at 1100 per metre
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PYSHomesUK3: 3:47pm On Feb 15, 2019
Takoro13:

Is this in osun state
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PYSHomesUK3: 3:52pm On Feb 15, 2019
please do
abouzaid:
can one build a four bedroom all en suite bungalow with two and half million or less? I'm doing a cost analysis and it's looking possible from my analysis. what's your views on that? i would give my analysis later after hearing some of your views. my labourers would be sourced exclusively from the north where labour is extremely cheap and the house would not include any fancy works. details later but lets hear your views first.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bumperua: 4:37pm On Feb 15, 2019
mufutau55:
Off-Topic Thread - To Discuss Anything and Everything that doesn't fit into an individual thread.
Let's discuss everything pertaining to Building Constructions, Real estate and some more.

Note: Please no products or services advertisements... there are plenty of other threads for that already. No buying and selling on this thread.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 10:09pm On Feb 15, 2019
twinskenny:

cc checktaut
Both are good if raft use BlocMaster 42.5R or Superset 32.5R

Block setting foundation use Dangote 42.5N or Lafarge Classic 32.5N

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 11:06pm On Feb 15, 2019
Please help me criticise this plan. Thanks

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:30am On Feb 16, 2019
ehix89:
I have these Inverter Batteries up for quick sale.

Specification: Ritar 12v 150ah (4 pieces) and Green Power 180ah (2 pieces).

Duration of Usage: 10months and 2 weeks respectively.

Price: 35k & 50k respectively (Negotiable)

Please quote or chat me up on Zero eight zero three zero eight zero three three eight zero if interested.

Sorry.. no advertisement in this house.

Warning: If anyone continue to advertise in this forum... I will make sure I continually spoil their business.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 3:32am On Feb 16, 2019
mufutau55:
Off-Topic Thread - To Discuss Anything and Everything that doesn't fit into an individual thread.
Let's discuss everything pertaining to Building Constructions, Real estate and some more.

Note: Please no products or services advertisements... there are plenty of other threads for that already. No buying and selling on this thread.

Hajji M.

Warning: If anyone continue to advertise in this forum... I will also make sure I continually spoil their business.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ehix89(m): 3:45am On Feb 16, 2019
mufutau55:

Hopefully someone stupid will buy this...
Sorry.. no advertisement in this house.

Warning: If anyone continue to advertise in this forum... I will make sure I continually spoil their business.

Hajji M.
someone might just need them, don't take life too seriously brov.....cheers
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by siralos135: 9:10am On Feb 16, 2019
ehix89:
someone might just need them, don't take life too seriously brov.....cheers

Even if I need it I won't want to buy from someone who flouts rules and regulations.How can I be sure you didn't steal them and you are trying to look for a fast means of disposing them.
Create your own thread and advertise.Its that simple bro

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ajahkris(m): 9:31am On Feb 16, 2019
Good morning great people, pls let the professionals criticize my building plan constructively. Secondly how much materials will be needed from foundation to Dpc ( blocks, cement,sand etc). Thanks for your assistance
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Wagasigiungu(m): 2:54pm On Feb 16, 2019
adanny01:

It may cost less this way.

Let me explain.

You either do it this way, or do the "german floor" type.

German floor entails casting the entire building foundation. However, if you cast the entire foundation, at finishing stage, especially tilling, you will require screeding before placing the tiles.

In the picture you shared. The cost that you would have spend casting plus screeding can be economised to a thick screeding that would serve as both german floor nd screeding while you tile at the same time.

This means you save your entire german floor cost for screeding which even cost less and can be lumped with tiling labour charges.

The major pros of german floor is its monolithic nature. Secondly, it will prevent dampeness better than pure screed.

This method is becoming increasingly popular due to the prohibitive cost of German flooring. Which is better in your opinion? This is currently my dilemma. I detest the dampness and peeling off of walls and paintings due to it.

Will this method suffice to prevent dampness in a build? What are the likely future demerits of such a method, if any? Is this advisable in a relative "slow to drain" (only during the rainy season) land?

Thanks

Can one still go ahead to do a German flooring after initially flooring only the blocks?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Wagasigiungu(m): 3:00pm On Feb 16, 2019
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Wagasigiungu(m): 3:02pm On Feb 16, 2019
bixton:

The difference varies depending on who is doing the job.
The other difference is that the time used to source for back filling materials and doing it will be converted to laying the blocks from that DPC level to the roofing level.
The availability of funds and time schedule by clients is also the deciding factor.

This job looks neat. Did you use iron reinforcement in casting over the blocks? Is it still possible to do a general German flooring afterwards. This approach is faster and cheaper, in addition to motivating one to strive harder upon seeing ones build rise to lintel level. Lolz. At the very least, it is better than not doing any.

I am considering adopting thesame approach after discussing with my architect, who also serves as the project supervisor by the way.

Ń. B. I can't seem to notice any damp proof membrane or leather (on the blocks) usually spread over the German floors in the picx attached to ur post.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Wagasigiungu(m): 3:10pm On Feb 16, 2019
Chekitaut:
Best recommend for Concrete works & Vibrated Concrete Block...

Which is better for hand moulded blocks? Dangote BlocMaster or Lafarge Supaset?

Which is also better for block laying?

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (1112) (1113) (1114) (1115) (1116) (1117) (1118) ... (3679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Aduragbemi45(m), kinggenesis(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.