Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,104 members, 7,814,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4383024 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1114) (1115) (1116) (1117) (1118) (1119) (1120) ... (3666) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 4:11am On Feb 18, 2019
Takoro13:
Hi guys, I salute everyone and want to commend your guys efforts as you have unkown add value to people lives.

Please, I want to know the likely quantity of : cement, sharp sand and cement for dpc of this plan at @4inch thickness. The perimeter is around 40ft by 50ft outside wall
Site location
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 4:17am On Feb 18, 2019
Always consult Engineer to your projects very important.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 6:08am On Feb 18, 2019
alist:
are you sure they are same price? Please confirm again.
haaa, sory sir, pop , #3,200 per square metre, tiles ara 400 per square metre, thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by alstacs(m): 6:43am On Feb 18, 2019
Morisjohn:
100 by 100 land in Airport Road Benin city available for sale

Haba! Land scamming don start here?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by alstacs(m): 6:45am On Feb 18, 2019
Deleted
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 7:53am On Feb 18, 2019
Chekitaut:
Site location
Ilesa osun state
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by alist(m): 9:22am On Feb 18, 2019
Adedward:
haaa, sory sir, pop , #3,200 per square metre, tiles ara 400 per square metre, thanks
no problems though we ought to confirm the information we dish out here especially as it pertains prices or estimates as some innocent hardworking workman might be affected. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 12:11pm On Feb 18, 2019
Takoro13:
Ilesa osun state Thanks
Buy 20tons Granite, 20tons sharp sand, 80bags of Cement
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 12:11pm On Feb 18, 2019
Takoro13:
Ilesa osun state Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 12:25pm On Feb 18, 2019
Chekitaut:
80 bags for German floor alone sr. I think I have to leave it for now
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PYSHomesUK3: 1:11pm On Feb 18, 2019
Hello house what discuss for today shocked
mufutau55:
Off-Topic Thread - To Discuss Anything and Everything that doesn't fit into an individual thread.
Let's discuss everything pertaining to Building Constructions, Real estate and some more.

Note: Please no products or services advertisements... there are plenty of other threads for that already. No buying and selling on this thread.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 8:24pm On Feb 18, 2019
Takoro13:

Budget 50 to 60 bags maximum at that 4" thickness.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 9:10pm On Feb 18, 2019
bixton:

Budget 50 to 60 bags maximum at that 4" thickness.
You are all welcome. I appreciate you all. Oga hajji won't like me go on without German floor but refused to talk about my request. Thanks sr
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by alstacs(m): 9:45pm On Feb 18, 2019
siralos135:

Even if I need it I won't want to buy from someone who flouts rules and regulations.How can I be sure you didn't steal them and you are trying to look for a fast means of disposing them.
Create your own thread and advertise.Its that simple bro

In that case beware of stolen good for quick throw up for nairaland grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uyijiano4u(m): 10:08pm On Feb 18, 2019
good evening sir, when yu said 3/8 sand do yu mean stone dust and is stone dust appropriate for german flooring??
bixton:

Foundation blinding is minimum/maximum of 4"/6"(100mm/150mm). If it falls within this range its okay.
Location matters and if getting granite is expensive there are other alternative aggregate materials that can be used to achieve the oversite concrete(german floor). There are aggregate materials called Brown stones or 3/8 sand(coarse sand), etc, etc.
Your engineer/architect handling the project is in the best position to advice you on the use of DPM, iron reinforcement, etc,etc.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 10:40pm On Feb 18, 2019
uyijiano4u:
good evening sir, when yu said 3/8 sand do yu mean stone dust and is stone dust appropriate for german flooring??

Depending on your location, there are various types and its size varies.
To those who know, its commonly called 3/8" which is the size but its referred to as Coarse Sand. It's an aggregate material and does the same work as granite. It can be used for german flooring and lintel casting.
Not to be used for casting of decking slabs.

You can use it mixed with sharp sand or just it alone with cement. Ensure you use a good mix ratio.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:10pm On Feb 18, 2019
Takoro13:

You are all welcome. I appreciate you all. Oga hajji won't like me go on without German floor but refused to talk about my request. Thanks sr

Sorry brother, I saw you have received plenty response.
I am always and advocate for full german floor.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by marygold(f): 5:15am On Feb 19, 2019
Good morning house.please interlocking tiles and normal cement flooring,which one is cheaper and better for a compound?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 8:53am On Feb 19, 2019
Adedward:

#3,200 is materials and labour. The original question is for labour only. Besides, am not sure that rate is feasible these days. It is more like #3,500-4,000. Labour for POP is #500 minimum and it depends whether the panels will be casted or bought.

The tile #400/m is labour only.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by heartlove(m): 10:11am On Feb 19, 2019
good morning all the engineer in the house I Weldon for the good work you all are doing here. Please help out
How can I calculate our the iron rod needed for my 4bedroom flat for all the windows doors how to calculate it and the size I need for the casting

adanny01:

#3,200 is materials and labour. The original question is for labour only. Besides, am not sure that rate is feasible these days. It is more like #3,500-4,000. Labour for POP is #500 minimum and it depends whether the panels will be casted or bought.

The tile #400/m is labour only.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by heartlove(m): 10:17am On Feb 19, 2019
good morning all the engineer in the house I Weldon for the good work you all are doing here. Please help out
How can I calculate our the iron rod needed for my 4bedroom flat for all the windows doors how to calculate it and the size I need for the casting

Takoro13:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by heartlove(m): 10:18am On Feb 19, 2019

mufutau55:

Sorry brother, I saw you have received plenty response.
I am always and advocate for full german floor.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 10:36am On Feb 19, 2019
heartlove:

What about the doors, veranders, lobby's etc?

Generally, T12 should be good, though i have seen T10. However, the quantity depends on the the plan and whether you want a chain lintel or not.

For the short individual lintels, some people prefer projection of half a block while others a full block.

A chain lintel is casting the entire external wall perimeter the casting. This type helps to prevent wall cracks and comes handy if the building floor plan is to be changed in future.

It depends on your pocket size but you need professional services.

I suggest you ask your contractor for a quote then we can help determine if its fair or not.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dailynaijanews(m): 10:41am On Feb 19, 2019
It can be hard to decide which to go with, but until recently, I never knew cement was expensive, but cheap to maintain, and these guys talk about it here: https://drivewaypaversmiami.pro/
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PYSHomesUK3: 10:41am On Feb 19, 2019
Good am house
mufutau55:
Off-Topic Thread - To Discuss Anything and Everything that doesn't fit into an individual thread.
Let's discuss everything pertaining to Building Constructions, Real estate and some more.

Note: Please no products or services advertisements... there are plenty of other threads for that already. No buying and selling on this thread.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dailynaijanews(m): 10:44am On Feb 19, 2019
This same material can be used for paving, and it is quite durable, I mean cement, and these guys definitely know their ways around that: https://drivewaypaversmiami.pro/
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oalandAgents2: 11:07am On Feb 19, 2019
mufutau55:

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 11:58am On Feb 19, 2019
alist:
no problems though we ought to confirm the information we dish out here especially as it pertains prices or estimates as some innocent hardworking workman might be affected. Thanks.
for workmanship only, #800 per square metres for pop , but for tiles #400, naira, workmanship only, thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Norrah(f): 3:17pm On Feb 19, 2019
Plots of land, properties are available for sale at Casavilla Estate, Magboro, Ogun State. Magboro is located off Lagos/Ibadan Expressway, along Berger, Arepo, Mowe, Ibafo axis.

Plots at Casavilla Estate have a global C of O, Deed of Assignment, approved survey and estate lay out plan; and Deed of Contract.
Each plot costs Three Million naira (outright payment only). No extra charges. Price covers survey and development levy.

CASAVILLA ESTATE, is a developing 50-Acre Residential Estate located along Gasline road, Magboro behind Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Magboro town, Ogun state. It is a twenty-five minutes straight drive from the Central Business District Alausa, Ikeja, and five minutes’ drive from Akute town via the proposed AKUTE – MAGBORO road.

On-going infrastructure development: Electricity, Good Road Network, Perimeter Fencing, Drainage System, Recreation Centre.

Why Should You Buy into CASAVILLA ESTATE?

1. CASAVILLA residential plots are offered at discount rate to all buyers (minimum of 40% discount compared to other residential estates within the environment).

2. CASAVILLA ESTATE is covered with global Certificate of Occupancy. A copy will be made available to you for verification if requested.

3. No extra charges apply. Cost of land includes survey and development levy

For more enquiries and to schedule inspection please call/Whatsapp 09080702018.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bumperua: 3:56pm On Feb 19, 2019
spyder880:
Yes, a good thread, somewhere we can have the freedom to discuss where the next Nairaland property section party is holding cheesy I vote for Ibadan first. (with EgunMogaji and Hajji hosting), there will be plenty of non alcoholic Hennessy in circulation cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (1114) (1115) (1116) (1117) (1118) (1119) (1120) ... (3666) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: AjiBussu(m), Movzyno(m), ollykay619(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.