Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,234 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1194) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4372854 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1191) (1192) (1193) (1194) (1195) (1196) (1197) ... (3663) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 1:02pm On Jul 09, 2019
elijah101:
how do i calculate linear meters house ... is it the same thing as linear foot
u can measure in feet and convert to meter
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Androidking: 1:28pm On Jul 09, 2019
Bought new laptop and I want to sell my old one, its still clean

Asus core i7
2gig nvidia 940m
8gig ram 500 gig SSD
Touchscreen
Keyboard light
DVD

Price #160k

Location, delivery to any of the south -easten part of the country
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 3:37pm On Jul 09, 2019
elijah101:

There are different units of measurement namely: metre, feet, yard, inches cm, etc.....

They are not the same but you can convert from one to another and vice versa
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 3:38pm On Jul 09, 2019
Androidking:
Bought new laptop and I want to sell my old one, its still clean

Asus core i7
2gig nvidia 940m
8gig ram 500 gig SSD
Touchscreen
Keyboard light
DVD

Price #160k

Location, delivery to any of the south -easten part of the country

Please go to the right section of Nairaland to do this. We talk about construction here

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 5:30pm On Jul 09, 2019
@Hajj Mufutau55, are you aware that your friend is back, one of the old-timers in the property section but with a new moniker. Chai, no dull moment on Nairaland, cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by asokuvo: 6:20pm On Jul 09, 2019
boay:

Why don't you suspend the work till you are ready to move?. Maybe few weeks before.

I am sure he is minded of the fact that he might spend the money on something else. Money sometimes have wings

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 6:22pm On Jul 09, 2019
AngelicBeing:
@Hajj Mufutau55, are you aware that your friend is back, one of the old-timers in the property section but with a new moniker. Chai, no dull moment on Nairaland, cheesy

My brother Nooo o. link me to one of the post o. Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 6:44pm On Jul 09, 2019
mufutau55:

My brother Nooo o. link me to one of the post o. Thanks.

Hajji M.
If you remember the logo in my post below , you should decode who l am talking about, another clue is he likes classic cars, an advocate for home owners having guns to protect themselves and fearful dogs in your house grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 6:47pm On Jul 09, 2019
AngelicBeing:
If you remember the logo in my post below , you should decode who l am talking about, another clue is he likes classic cars, an advocate for home owners having guns to protect themselves and fearful dogs in your house grin

Now I got it, my good friend... but.... but.... but.... I speak this guy very often.... never a hint he was back o. Now, I am clueless. smiley

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 6:52pm On Jul 09, 2019
mufutau55:

Now I got it, my good friend... but.... but.... but.... I speak this guy very often.... never a hint he was back o. Now, I am clueless. smiley

Hajji M.
Yes he is back, Nairaland.com FBI, CID, ISRAELI MOSSAD, Scortland yard, Russian kgb gave me the information today and also they gave me the name of the moniker, l went through it, it was confirmed grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 6:59pm On Jul 09, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Yes he is back, Nairaland.com FBI, CID, ISRAELI MOSSAD, Scortland yard, Russian kgb gave me the information today and also they gave me the name of the moniker, l went through it, it was confirmed grin

Very good... we are back to Hotspot again.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 7:09pm On Jul 09, 2019
AngelicBeing:
The table you are shaking sir grin grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 7:36pm On Jul 09, 2019
gbadexy:

The table you are shaking sir grin grin grin
Lol, not my fault, Nairaland.com is full of CIA and FBI, they can sniff out information very fast( fear all these IT guys, they can tell you the colors of Donald Trump boxers if they want to) , information and name of moniker was given today, I checked it out and it was 1trillion percent confirmed, let me allow the special guest to unveiled himself but he has started posting on property section , good to have him back though with his robust insight on issues wink

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tevanso(m): 7:47pm On Jul 09, 2019
Are you talking about the man of the moment
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by walexyll(m): 7:53pm On Jul 09, 2019
AngelicBeing:
The man with the mini cooper. The masquerade ! What is the new moniker?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 7:56pm On Jul 09, 2019
walexyll:

Lol, Na you talk am oo if Hajj gives me the green light, l will post the moniker here wink
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 8:07pm On Jul 09, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Lol, not my fault, Nairaland.com is full of CIA and FBI, they can sniff out information very fast( fear all these IT guys, they can tell you the colors of Donald Trump boxers if they want to) , information and name of moniker was given today, I checked it out and it was 1trillion percent confirmed, let me allow the special guest to unveiled himself but he has started posting on property section , good to have him back though with his robust insight on issues wink
Yes sir.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 8:44pm On Jul 09, 2019
asokuvo:

I am sure he is minded of the fact that he might spend the money on something else. Money sometimes have wings

I can help him keep the money sha cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 8:49pm On Jul 09, 2019
walexyll:

smiley smiley smiley
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 2:21am On Jul 10, 2019
Watch for this when your order for Granite it must be in hip after measuring

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 2:25am On Jul 10, 2019
For 30tons load hip

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dubemcapital1(m): 6:39am On Jul 10, 2019
elijah101:

Good one,
First : Linear means "a straight line" so it simply means 1meter ( like 3.28 ft =1meter) it mean just I straight line of meter not considering other sides of the object.

Linear foot means the same thing too. The normal one foot that is 12inches. hope this will be helpful.

DUBEMCAPITAL
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 8:51am On Jul 10, 2019
Good morning sirs and madams,
I was having a discussion with a client from here and he wondered if there is a way to bypass screeding completely to save cost and that put me in research mode in trying to find a solution to a problem and create opportunity from it.
Since the main objective of this thread is to gain more knowledge and information (even though we have to sometimes stylishly advertise our products and services as we have bills to pay smiley), I was able to read up on some quality works from scholars.
I think it's possible to include inert powdery materials at the plaster mixing stage to fill up the void spaces in the plaster. It would include the fine powder, redispersable powder binder to compensate loss of strength on addition of extra aggregate and self leveling agent to improve workability of the render.
This will give a more denser and durable plaster with low porosity, surface smoothness that can't be achieved with cement and sand only and a lighter dry plaster.
I'm willing to make samples available for any builder or engineer here for application in a small portion like security house or any free available space.
Since the setting time is high, the surface can be finished with trowel wet with water while its still setting and workable to give surface similar to screeding.
Cost in labor and materials for screeding would have been greatly reduced and a more stable and durable plaster with good bonding with paint would have been achieved.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:45am On Jul 10, 2019
gbadexy:
I was having a discussion with a client from here and he wondered if there is a way to bypass screeding completely to save cost and that put me in research mode in trying to find a solution to a problem and create opportunity from it.
Since the main objective of this thread is to gain more knowledge and information (even though we have to sometimes stylishly advertise our products and services as we have bills to pay smiley), I was able to read up on some quality works from scholars.
I think it's possible to include inert powdery materials at the plaster mixing stage to fill up the void spaces in the plaster. It would include the fine powder, redispersable powder binder to compensate loss of strength on addition of extra aggregate and self leveling agent to improve workability of the render.
This will give a more denser and durable plaster with low porosity, surface smoothness that can't be achieved with cement and sand only and a lighter dry plaster.
I'm willing to make samples available for any builder or engineer here for application in a small portion like security house or any free available space.
Since the setting time is high, the surface can be finished with trowel wet with water while its still setting and workable to give surface similar to screeding.
Cost in labor and materials for screeding would have been greatly reduced and a more stable and durable plaster with good bonding with paint would have been achieved.

This is a welcome idea and research.
It’s only now that most wall required well prepared finishings like SCREEDING in the few decades ago when real meason knows there work to the fullest, then they do sieve sand to give well smooth plastering without any contour.
But now what do we see shabby work every where only few listen to advise and follow instruction given at site now.
All they are after now money money money.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 11:28am On Jul 10, 2019
rotecch77:

This is a welcome idea and research.
It’s only now that most wall required well prepared finishings like SCREEDING in the few decades ago when real meason knows there work to the fullest, then they do sheave sand to give well smooth plastering without any contour.
But now what do we see shabby work every where only few listen to advise and follow instruction given at site now.
All they are after now money money money.
Word!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 4:03pm On Jul 10, 2019
RedMapleConsult:

Pls don't say what you don't know, You can't survery even a quarter plot in Lagos with 200k

darenyx:

It not extortion, I recently did a survey for a half plot for 600k... There's no way you can get a survey in Lagos for 200k, that's how people fall into wrong hands

Certainly not true!
I did TWO plots for #350K in Lagos recently and they initially asked for #200K per plot.

Some actually do it for as low as #150K per plot.
Just say that YOU cant do it for that amount, not that others cant do it for that amount or even less.
I know your association upped the price about a year or two ago but that does not means some members who are reasonable and flexible will stick to that exorbitant directive.

And this is a Registered Surveyor that l had known for over two decades when survey was #50K/plot so the issue of "wrong hands" is a red herring.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 4:11pm On Jul 10, 2019
AngelicBeing:

We all do.
Our brother loves Wild Dogs, imports everything from Lowes Stores in America, loves then hates Brabus, has fought with almost everyone on this thread and it is always his way or the highway.

but he's a good crack though and not to forget that he loves PowerBike like a Redneck.

I dont think we need to mention his name since he has deactivated that username and now posts under a new one.
#OkoAfusa for El Presidente.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 4:29pm On Jul 10, 2019
Daboomb:

We all do.
Our brother loves Wild Dogs, imports everything from Lowes Stores in America, loves then hates Brabus, has fought with almost everyone on this thread and it is always his way or the highway.

but he's a good crack though and not to forget that he loves PowerBike like a Redneck.

I dont think we need to mention his name since he has deactivated that username and now posts under a new one.
#OkoAfusa for El Presidente.
Hian, Hmmmm, Trump, Vladimir Putin Theresa May and all the G_7 leaders called me not to unveil the moniker, so I will be expecting him to do it himself, but he has made 2 post here in this same thread in the Month of March 2019, he asked a question and one person answered him, ok, enough of my clues, let me look for fresh fish pepper soup and my Jack Daniels, let's get back to talking construction and how to reduce costs in the building process grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SlimChay: 6:20pm On Jul 10, 2019
gbadexy:
yea you can evade screeding but as regards the painting, you'd need Matt emulsion. Matt has the neccesary fillers inbuilt to cover the roughages.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 6:33pm On Jul 10, 2019
SlimChay:
yea you can evade screeding but as regards the painting, you'd need Matt emulsion. Matt has the neccesary fillers inbuilt to cover the roughages.
You can decide to apply matte alright but the plaster would have to be smooth Even at that, it would have to be primed for better outcome.
I'm talking of real smooth wall that your fingers can glide over smoothly and that silk, satin and matte can be applied on.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SlimChay: 6:37pm On Jul 10, 2019
gbadexy:

You can decide to apply matte alright but the plaster would have to be smooth Even at that, it would have to be primed for better outcome.
I'm talking of real smooth wall that your fingers can glide over smoothly and that silk, satin and matte can be applied on.
Yea. You're right. I alluded to the paint needed on the idea of not screeding. Matte will do the work.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1191) (1192) (1193) (1194) (1195) (1196) (1197) ... (3663) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.