Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,228 members, 7,811,627 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4373854 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1192) (1193) (1194) (1195) (1196) (1197) (1198) ... (3663) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 7:31pm On Jul 10, 2019
SlimChay:

Yea. You're right. I alluded to the paint needed on the idea of not screeding. Matte will do the work.
The client wants a way to achieve the effect of a screeded wall without doing it.
Someone could use regular and premium grade emulsion and there won't be a need for screeding. The choice of paint and level of finish expected necessitate it.
Matte means different things to different people but a cleanable matte with some level of sheen would not give same smoothness used alone. It would have to be applied in multiple coats to give same effect like a primed wall and definitely not like a screeded wall in any manner of its application.
The emphasis is on the finishing.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by darenyx(m): 8:05pm On Jul 10, 2019
Daboomb:

Certainly not true!
I did TWO plots for #350K in Lagos recently and they initially asked for #200K per plot.

Some actually do it for as low as #150K per plot.
Just say that YOU cant do it for that amount, not that others cant do it for that amount or even less.
I know your association upped the price about a year or two ago but that does not means some members who are reasonable and flexible will stick to that exorbitant directive.

And this is a Registered Surveyor that l had known for over two decades when survey was #50K/plot so the issue of "wrong hands" is a red herring.

Firstly , I'm not a surveyor,

Secondly , I posted a document that clearly shows what it cost to get a registered survey done in various areas in Lagos state. And I don't believe fees paid to government agencies are negotiable..

So how you where able to get a registered survey for the stated amount is beyond me, or maybe you did a back dated survey.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chukwuka12: 10:20pm On Jul 10, 2019
Pls in which order will you do the following...
Pop, doors and tiling.... Which should cone first which should come last....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jceesquare(m): 11:08pm On Jul 10, 2019
Daboomb:

Certainly not true!
I did TWO plots for #350K in Lagos recently and they initially asked for #200K per plot.

Some actually do it for as low as #150K per plot.
Just say that YOU cant do it for that amount, not that others cant do it for that amount or even less.
I know your association upped the price about a year or two ago but that does not means some members who are reasonable and flexible will stick to that exorbitant directive.

And this is a Registered Surveyor that l had known for over two decades when survey was #50K/plot so the issue of "wrong hands" is a red herring.
It's easy to know which is true and which is false.
Hire another surveyor or go and verify that document at the ministry of lands yourself then kindly come back to give your finding sirs.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 11:59pm On Jul 10, 2019
chukwuka12:

POP>Doors>Tiles
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 5:32am On Jul 11, 2019
jceesquare:

It's easy to know which is true and which is false.
Hire another surveyor or go and verify that document at the ministry of lands yourself then kindly come back to give your finding sirs.

You think l will do a Survey and not allow my lawyer take the redcopy for verification at Alausa?
I have lands l have been keeping since as far back as 2001 (for value appreciation in EtiOsa LGA, around that LBS and you think l can leave such land worth over #50M/plot, with survey not properly done and verified?

That is not even the issue here so why digress.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 5:41am On Jul 11, 2019
darenyx:

These are summary of schedule of survey fees from the office of the surveyor general for Lagos state, can't post a complete PDF files here, so would try and screenshot the entire document and post , so you can see clearly what it entails/cost to get a registered survey done in Lagos state .

That document was a PROPOSAL by the Association of Surveyors, to serve as a GUIDE.
It is certainly not mandatory on any Surveyor but then, which Surveyor would not like to charge #600,000 to survey a plot of land.

Like they say, 'who will the FLY take side with, if not the man with a SORE".

I think l got a copy of this document, when it came out a few years ago, will try and search for it in my archive; but l have done Surveys after it came out and l paid an average of 200K per plot.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jceesquare(m): 7:12am On Jul 11, 2019
Daboomb:

You think l will do a Survey and not allow my lawyer take the redcopy for verification at Alausa?
I have lands l have been keeping since as far back as 2001 (for value appreciation in EtiOsa LGA, around that LBS and you think l can leave such land worth over #50M/plot, with survey not properly done and verified?

That is not even the issue here so why digress.
We're here to get ourselves informed and not measure who's father has the biggest farm.
Besides we're talking about survey done in 2019 and not 2001. If you did yours that cheap and it's authentic, then educate us how it's done.
It's a faceless forum, no need to measure preeq size cos mine might be bigger grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 7:48am On Jul 11, 2019
chukwuka12:

In the order you mentioned them.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:03am On Jul 11, 2019
boay:

POP>Doors>Tiles

Good talk from you, but here is the best way now.

If you have iron door May be for the frontage and back of the building (exist door) you need to installed it.

Your inner doors will probably be wooden, what you need to do here is to installed the frame only 1st then after tilling you will now install the door leaf.

If you installed the inner doors completely before tilling there most likely the door threshold will not be same which will leads to diff level of floor tiling

In summary
Pop, tilling, wooden doors

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by goldcorn(f): 9:46am On Jul 11, 2019
chukwuka12:
Pop,tiling and wooden doors but you should install ur exist and entrance doors before tiling, you can contact me goldcorn on Whatsapp on 09069193297 for your tiling work
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 9:48am On Jul 11, 2019
rotecch77:

If you have iron door May be for the frontage and back of the building (exist door) you need to installed it.

Your inner doors will probably be wooden, what you need to do here is to installed the frame only 1st then after tilling you will now install the door leaf.

If you installed the inner doors completely before tilling there most likely the door threshold will not be same which will leads to diff level of floor tiling

In summary

Thanks

However, it all depends on the peculiarities of the situation at times
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hordbaz(m): 10:12am On Jul 11, 2019
rotecch77:

In summary

Well everything is okay, but at times door installation should be done first without leaving any door left because when all doors are installed, Tiler will be able to install the tiles to the doors level whereby there will no be open space between the door and the tiles, everywhere will be cover.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Timtol(m): 10:14am On Jul 11, 2019
darenyx:
Part 2
How I wish the fixed price for architectural works is well followed this way. Those surveyors will never go below what they say when not too low to the set standard
Architecture is coming back?.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:44am On Jul 11, 2019
Hordbaz:

Well everything is okay, but at times door installation should be done first without leaving any door left because when all doors are installed, Tiler will be able to install the tiles to the doors level whereby there will no be open space between the door and the tiles, everywhere will be cover.

That is when all doors threshold are in same level. More so when this are not in same level (little fraction in diff) then best way to go it to take measurements of each door size and use this to fabricate or search for your desired doors
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hordbaz(m): 11:48am On Jul 11, 2019
rotecch77:

That is when all doors threshold are in same level. More so when this are not in same level (little fraction in diff) then best way to go it to take measurements of each door size and use this to fabricate or search for your desired doors

That is good and nice
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by keepingmum: 12:15pm On Jul 11, 2019
chukwuka12:

I am currently at that phase with my project and my site supervisor has suggested

Doors & windows, POP then tilling and he said its because thieves can come and do away with some of your POP so its best to secure the premises then POP then tiles
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somez(m): 1:34pm On Jul 11, 2019
Polyvinyl chloride commonly known by its abbreviation PVC is a synthetic plastic polymer. It is available two basic forms- rigid and flexible. Polyvinyl chloride is used in many industries especially in construction. Its application in this industry ranges from pipes to doors, windows and flooring. In flooring they come in the form of tiles.

Benefits of PVC Tiles

PVC tiles are commonly used floor finishes. The tiles are made of a composite of PVC and fiber. This produces a very thin and reasonably hard tile. Flexible PVC Flooring is used in homes, offices, schools and hospitals. Here are top five benefits of polyvinyl chloride flooring:

Low cost: The biggest benefit of PVC tiles is that they are inexpensive. They are the most pocket-friendly type of flooring material when compared to other forms such as wood, marble, ceramic, etc. Even luxury polyvinyl flooring is affordable when compared to other materials. When it comes to style and durability, you wouldn’t regret choosing PVC tiles. It is not only an affordable option but the installation cost of PVC tiles is also low. This type of flooring can be put together without incurring professional installation costs.

Easy installation: As mentioned earlier, this type of flooring installation does not require professional help. Firstly, the tiles are very light in weight as compared to the other forms of flooring and can be easily moved around. There are various installation options depending on the vinyl floor you have chosen. DIY experts can install these tiles easily by following the right instructions. However, it is recommended to seek professional help when installing PVC or any other type of flooring. Easy to install PVC tiles let you create beautiful patterns on you floor. Make use of the variety of textures, patterns and designs that come printed on these tiles to enhance the look of your home or office space.

Small size: PVC tiles come in small sizes (150mm, 225mm and 305mm). The benefit of having small sized tiles is that individual tiles can be easily replaced. This means the replacement cost of these tiles is also low.

Ease of maintenance: PVC floors are the easiest to clean. No other type of flooring comes close to PVC when it comes to ease of cleaning. All you need is a damp cloth or mop to clean these tiles. Mostly, these tiles come with various coatings which provide the required protection from stains, moisture and fading. Polyvinyl floors are naturally resistant to scratches and dents unlike hardwood flooring. To keep these floors clean and sparkling just sweep or vacuum regularly.

Anti-static: as we all know, the human body attracts static energy. There are variants of Polyvinyl chloride flooring that are anti-static. anti static flooring made from polyvinyl chloride can keep you and your family safe from static energy. This means that you can easily pass cables below the tiles without worrying about the safety of your family from static current passing from the floor.

For more related details, call or whatsapp Fracan Interior Limited on, 08063628972, 08066623572.

We supply from Abuja And Lagos

Our prices are negotiable.

INSTALLATION IS FREE

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 1:34pm On Jul 11, 2019
i sent someone to contact you but they didn't get the right commitment from you.

Can you supply sharp sand and granite to Opeilu Alagbado?

If there's any other person in the house that can deliver to that location, please message me.

Chekitaut:
For 30tons load hip
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hordbaz(m): 1:36pm On Jul 11, 2019
keepingmum:

I am currently at that phase with my project and my site supervisor has suggested

Doors & windows, POP then tilling and he said its because thieves can come and do away with some of your POP so its best to secure the premises then POP then tiles

I think you should follow the suggestion of your site supervisor.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 2:57pm On Jul 11, 2019
boay:

Good one smiley
good,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 3:55pm On Jul 11, 2019
keepingmum:

First all entrance doors
Second window protection
Windows
secure the house
very important
do your pop
tiles

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Daboomb: 4:00pm On Jul 11, 2019
jceesquare:

We're here to get ourselves informed and not measure who's father has the biggest farm.
Besides we're talking about survey done in 2019 and not 2001. If you did yours that cheap and it's authentic, then educate us how it's done.
It's a faceless forum, no need to measure preeq size cos mine might be bigger grin

Please spare me this sort of Bull.Shyte, l cant help your problem as i dont have time for such trivialities.
Now sod-off..

++++Raised like a Monkey, will always behave and think like a Monkey++++ undecided undecided undecided

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 4:00pm On Jul 11, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Lol, not my fault, Nairaland.com is full of CIA and FBI, they can sniff out information very fast( fear all these IT guys, they can tell you the colors of Donald Trump boxers if they want to) , information and name of moniker was given today, I checked it out and it was 1trillion percent confirmed, let me allow the special guest to unveiled himself but he has started posting on property section , good to have him back though with his robust insight on issues wink

You forget to add
KGB
MI
Mossad
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 4:55pm On Jul 11, 2019
keepingmum:

To secure the site, its Exit doors then windows which will secure the site depending on door quality. Then do POP, tiling and lastly wooden interior doors. If your interior doors are steel, then install it before tiling.

Steel door before tiling and wooden doors after tiling thats because steel doors are mostly not adjustable while wooden doors are adjustable.

Also, install steel door frame before tiling.

The issue is managing the tile to door level. Tiling becomes complicated with doors installed because the doors will almost certainly not be a exactly the same level through out the house. It becomes easier to adjust door to tile level than tile to door level.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jceesquare(m): 5:52pm On Jul 11, 2019
Daboomb:

Please spare me this sort of Bull.Shit, l cant help your problem as i dont have time for such trivialities.
Now sod-off..

++++Raised like a Monkey, will always behave and think like a Monkey++++ undecided undecided undecided
Ignored.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chukwuka12: 10:31pm On Jul 11, 2019
adanny01:

In the order you mentioned them.

Thanks everyone for your inputs....

Very helpful
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by elijah101(m): 11:07pm On Jul 11, 2019
can anyone give me a product i can comfortably use to DIY .... My Window Sills ( polystyrene ) my self
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dfameguy: 4:08am On Jul 12, 2019
as for me pop first then any other one can follow but if the site are not secure then in order to secure your materials door can b first, evening fixing of doors is preferable when tiling work is going on so that all mistake can be corrected for you get neat and perfect clean job

(1) (2) (3) ... (1192) (1193) (1194) (1195) (1196) (1197) (1198) ... (3663) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.