Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,422 members, 7,836,685 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:33 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1330) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4446559 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1327) (1328) (1329) (1330) (1331) (1332) (1333) ... (3679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jedisco(m): 1:51pm On Feb 23, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
that's also fine but get like 2 different distributor to enquire from so that u can go for the best price, I'm sure u might get different prices..I hope you understand what I mean sir. Or if by any opportunity u are able to meet one of the drivers who deliver for those distributor, that's ok too

Yeah... Thanks.... I'd look into it

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yinkaoke(f): 2:42pm On Feb 23, 2020
Pls house help me review this quotation by my plumber for a four bedrooms. Thanks so much

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yinkaoke(f): 3:25pm On Feb 23, 2020
House please help me review this too by d electrician for half conduit wiring, 1st stage piping for a 4 bedrooms bungalow
6 bundles of 20mn pipe at N3000 each
4 packet of 3by3 lron box at N1000 each
2 packet of 3by6 lron box at N1000 each
1 packet of 20mm cupler at N1000
3 packet of U box at N1500 each
I packet of cooker box at N1000each
1 packet of 6wax D/B board at N8000
Total N50,500
Labour N25000.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Obafisenco(m): 3:53pm On Feb 23, 2020
megacontrol:
Where is your location? I know you can work anywhere but where are you based?

How much do you charge per block for block setting?

My location is ikorodu Lagos.
It depends on the site location, logistics to site but majorly both masonry and labour we do #60 per block
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 4:08pm On Feb 23, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 5:10pm On Feb 23, 2020
yinkaoke:
House please help me review this too by d electrician for half conduit wiring, 1st stage piping for a 4 bedrooms bungalow
Total N50,500
Labour N25000.

The quote is fair enough but tell him to change all the 3x3 and 3x6 boxes to original dignity plastic box instead of galvanized. the price quoted is for plastic and not galvanise.

Also, what do you mean by half conduit??
Does it mean that some cables would be expose in the ceiling?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yinkaoke(f): 5:39pm On Feb 23, 2020
[Many thanks for this response as l expect more contribution. Do u mean that he quoted a price of a higher material for a lower one? Half conduit all d wires r exposed on d ceiling.uote author=topsy23 post=86895079]

The quote is fair enough but tell him to change all the 3x3 and 3x6 boxes to original dignity plastic box instead of galvanized. the price quoted is for plastic and not galvanise.

Does it mean that some cables would be expose in the ceiling? [/quote]

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 5:45pm On Feb 23, 2020
Happy Sunday here, we shall withness more on earth , in Jesus name, (amen)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 6:07pm On Feb 23, 2020
yinkaoke:
[Many thanks for this response as l expect more contribution. Do u mean that he quoted a price of a higher material for a lower one? Half conduit all d wires r exposed on d ceiling.uote author=topsy23 post=86895079]

Does it mean that some cables would be expose in the ceiling?

Just tell him to use plastic box as against the galvanise type

Do you plan to expose the single core cable in the ceiling?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yinkaoke(f): 6:44pm On Feb 23, 2020
[I wanted half conduit to easily trace fault. Don't know single core cable. Am not a technician .please can u post d picture of d plastic box. Thanks quote author=topsy23 post=86896543]

Do you plan to expose the single core cable in the ceiling? [/quote]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 10:00pm On Feb 23, 2020
yinkaoke:
[I wanted half conduit to easily trace fault. Don't know single core cable. Am not a technician .please can u post d picture of d plastic box. Thanks quote author=topsy23 post=86896543]

t

Sorry I will do that tomorrow. Find it difficult to upload pictures through my phone
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 7:27am On Feb 24, 2020
multikolour:
can you post the plc of the parapet

See attached.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ak22(m): 7:57am On Feb 24, 2020
diordaves:

N60 per block - Ikorodu

Both 6" and 9"?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ifeanyicosta(m): 12:32pm On Feb 24, 2020
Am into statue molding of anytype of object,animal,hero and human at your home ,building,gate,fence or anywhere u like.if u are interested or can connect me ,contact me on 08155316469.i dont charge much, trust me.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yinkaoke(f): 1:17pm On Feb 24, 2020
Guys please help review first stage plumbing for 4 bedrooms bungalow:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Geophilip: 1:37pm On Feb 24, 2020
yinkaoke:

are this all the items?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Biztech05(m): 1:54pm On Feb 24, 2020
Happy new week!

Did you need a professional site manager or supervisor?
Contact; BIZTECH CONSULTĀ 
Yours satisfactions is guaranteed.

Email; Biztech05@yahoo.com
Phone/ WhatsApp ::+2347066483964
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yinkaoke(f): 2:32pm On Feb 24, 2020
[Yes but only for 1st first stage, internal work only.quote author=Geophilip post=86915976]

are this all the items?[/quote]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Geophilip: 2:46pm On Feb 24, 2020
yinkaoke:
[Yes but only for 1st first stage, internal work only.quote author=Geophilip post=86915976]

are this all the items?

the prices are ok, but the list doesn't appear complete, when you say internal plumbing, you know it deals with laying of inside the wall.
if you will later do surface piping outside the walls of the house i.e. everything isn't conduit piping, it means you might need to add little material to the proposed items because I can't see or there are little of the following

2 inches piping ( for flood drain, kitchen sink, washing hand basin etc also bathtub if you are going to fix)
4 inches pipe for the toilet

another question is it hot and cold water system piping?

if there isn't going to be any surface piping, it means you need to buy more stuff.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Geophilip: 2:52pm On Feb 24, 2020
yinkaoke:
the list only cover for running the water system,
no 2inches pipe
4 inches pipe guess it a mistake, discuss it with the plumber.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Teewhy2: 3:00pm On Feb 24, 2020
If you are in a dilemma on the cost of constructing Roof Parapet for your building, or your building is located on a loose soil, I will advise you to go for Polystyrene roof parapet due to the following reasons.

It is Light in weight
It is faster and easy to install.
It is Neater than most parapet as it has been formed using a machine.
https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene/14

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 3:59pm On Feb 24, 2020
yinkaoke:
Total N50,500
Labour N25000.

location??
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 4:16pm On Feb 24, 2020
yinkaoke:

That's the Picture of plastic box

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 4:28pm On Feb 24, 2020
topsy23:

That's the Picture of plastic box
what is the big differences?
We still use both in my location
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:32pm On Feb 24, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 6:01pm On Feb 24, 2020
ak22:

Both 6" and 9"?

Both 6" and 9" at ground level, but higher up, 9" hollow is N70. 6" hollow can be negotiated at N60 still. But they will be telling you that after the work you should 'bless' them.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mubby4luv(m): 7:52pm On Feb 24, 2020
Good evening chairmen, please can someone give me a rough total of chippings, cement and sharp sand that will be enough to make a German floor of 600sqm. Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yinkaoke(f): 8:27pm On Feb 24, 2020
Thank you so much
quote author=topsy23 post=86920136]

That's the Picture of plastic box[/quote]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yinkaoke(f): 8:34pm On Feb 24, 2020
He is doing conduit piping after which we plaster then the plumber continue s with laying of external pipe to soak away. The sink n other assessories will be the finishing stage.
Geophilip:

the prices are ok, but the list doesn't appear complete, when you say internal plumbing, you know it deals with laying of inside the wall.
if you will later do surface piping outside the walls of the house i.e. everything isn't conduit piping, it means you might need to add little material to the proposed items because I can't see or there are little of the following

2 inches piping ( for flood drain, kitchen sink, washing hand basin etc also bathtub if you are going to fix)
4 inches pipe for the toilet

another question is it hot and cold water system piping? It is only cold

if there isn't going to be any surface piping, it means you need to buy more stuff. Yes that will be the second stage. This stage is to enable us plaster d walls
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ak22(m): 9:28pm On Feb 24, 2020
diordaves:

Both 6" and 9" at ground level, but higher up, 9" hollow is N70. 6" hollow can be negotiated at N60 still. But they will be telling you that after the work you should 'bless' them.

Really?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Geophilip: 9:33pm On Feb 24, 2020
yinkaoke:
He is doing conduit piping after which we plaster then the plumber continue s with laying of external pipe to soak away. The sink n other assessories will be the finishing stage.

the quotation doesn't cover all of that.
at least there is supposed to be 2inches pipe and 4inches pipe
for modern house I will advise you do conduits piping it gives beauty to the house

external piping is different.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 9:34pm On Feb 24, 2020
yinkaoke:

This was what I used for my 4 bedroom flat. All are internal plumbing works.

The materials were purchased by me so the process are genuine.

Location is ilorin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1327) (1328) (1329) (1330) (1331) (1332) (1333) ... (3679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kinggenesis(m), gentlesoul83(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.