Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,284 members, 7,829,647 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1668) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4430076 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1665) (1666) (1667) (1668) (1669) (1670) (1671) ... (3674) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:20am On Oct 03, 2020
lastpage:

Chief, no be so o! I never reach to give lecture, where una dey grin
I just dey try hell the man from my own small experience, l got help from others too.
I come in Peace Sir.

Lastpage!

Please consider sharing your lease agreement if humanly possible. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by shogbenga: 5:23am On Oct 03, 2020
lastpage:

Why Rent/Tenancy? Why not a Lease/Lessee? I only do Lease and it is for "certain" period, with option to offer to have another Lease in place, just as the current one expires. It has really served me very well because l have a few buildings that l manage and l dont use Agents, except for the initial process of giving out the Lease, where they bring prospective Lessees.

It is a bit involved and requires a bit of attention to details, a "Tight Agreement" that l drew myself, with a good knowledge of tenancy Laws.BTW, the Law allows you to go into exclusive agreements with a [erson taking your Lease, with regards to the duration, quit terms, etc and it is binding once you both agree to it.
Also, select your occupiers by yourself, dont allow one Agent who is just after his commission, to just "dump a problem occupier" on you, it will be your headache after that! Infact, this is the most important thing a House owner can do, to avoid trouble. It is not everyone that can pay he first payment, tha deserves to live in your house, beware!

I wish l can give you a detailed analysis but time is not on my hand right now.
Your Lease agreement will determine your Peace of mind with those who occupy your premises, so pay attention to it as to what you want to happen (within limits of the law) and get it properly signed and Stamp dutied.
Never do Rent, do a Lease, a Lease certain and be wary of "Agent Lawyers", they love to play both sides while making money off both sides.
I only use Lawyer if l have to go to Court but my Lease agreements are so detailed and legally tight enough to the point that l have never gone to Court to eject a Lessee (occupier) though l also play fair with my occupiers and l go etra mile to make sure they enjoy thier money, with a lavishly furnished Flat and good environment.

Lastpage!

PS: Sorry, l am in a hurry and you can see tha l dont even have time to do my usual color-colorings! shocked angry grin

Pls sir , what is the difference between lease and tenancy agreement

What are the benefits to the Landlord. Thanks

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 5:24am On Oct 03, 2020
MrOkenwa:

Thank you for honoring my enquiries with your helpful responses. God will continue to honor you Sir.

Thanks for your Prayers Sir, l wish you double portion, IJMN.
That is what we are here for, to assit one another where challenges exists..... and we all have challenges, biiko
. grin

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:37am On Oct 03, 2020
Hello house, I will like us to discuss about
The best position/ location to install entrance gate.
Where we have corner piece land.
In your opinion is it by the side of longest side of 120ft or side of 60ft in case of a plot land.

Give your reason(s).
Advantage(s) over each position .
Disadvantage of each position.
The best type of gate for such area.

Happy wkd to you all

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:59am On Oct 03, 2020
rotecch77:
Hello house, I will like us to discuss about
The best position/ location to install entrance gate.
Where we have corner piece land.
In your opinion is it by the side of longest side of 120ft or side of 60ft in case of a plot land.

Give your reason(s).
Advantage(s) over each position .
Disadvantage of each position.
The best type of gate for such area.

Happy wkd to you all

I went through the throes of passion on this recently.

Personally, I prefer two gates (#NotBibeli) and is what I ended up with. Now, this is on my personal residence. The short side will have swing sides and the long side will have a slider.

My decisions are based on me living in Nigeria for almost 2 years now and coming up to terms on what works in reality as opposed to what I dreamt from my lair in Southern California.

My slider will be suspended from above and will not have rollers on the floor. I hate the grease that’s tracked in.

The swing open will allow me to back equipments in.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 6:06am On Oct 03, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I went through the throes of passion on this recently.

Personally, I prefer two gates (#NotBibeli) and is what I ended up with. Now, this is on my personal residence. The short side will have swing sides and the long side will have a slider.

Please forgive my indiscretion of including a toilet in my MaiGuard house. He really should be able to defacate in the bushes nearby cheesy

This is perfect to me bcs while driving in or out you don’t needs to DOUBLE check road (road A and road B ) to see if any vehicle is coming
If it’s located at exact corner piece point ( this mostly happened in most building) you need to check road A and B if there is any coming vehicle or Kekeh.
My opinion .... not bible. Like you do says sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:13am On Oct 03, 2020
rotecch77:

This is perfect to me bcs while driving in or out you don’t needs to DOUBLE check road (road A and road B ) to see if any vehicle is coming
If it’s located at exact corner piece point ( this mostly happened in most building) you need to check road A and B if there is any coming vehicle or Kekeh.
My opinion .... not bible. Like you do says sir

The ones at corner piece points are the ones I’ll never consider.

Also to consider is the traffic pattern. If the main road is typically busy then it’ll be an issue to pull in and come out.

In the USA you actually have to set the gate back 10 to 12 feet so that you’re not blocking the road while opening or closing gate (no MaiGuard for America).

The other benefit to having it on the side is if the street association decides to put a gate at the entrance ti the street then you end up with two gates for security.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:22am On Oct 03, 2020

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 7:10am On Oct 03, 2020
shogbenga:

Pls sir , what is the difference between lease and tenancy agreement

What are the benefits to the Landlord. Thanks

Haaa, now you want @Chief Egun1 to flog me for giving a lecture, without permission? shocked cry

Okay, here we go: Lecture 104 grin

Intro: Sir, I think the right comparison should be between a'Lease and a Rent'. Both are Tenants but their type of Tenancy is what is different. A tenant might be "Leasing" while another might be "Renting".

Differences, Pros and Cons
Tenor: 'Lease
occupation exists for a[b] fixed length period, by default[/b], depending on the type of Lease (Fixed or Fixed Certain);
Rent occupation exists in perpetuity, by default (that is, the law assumes that by default, that a man who RENTS and pays for One year Rent, will renew that Rent after the end of the year and the tenant is entitled to exercise that 'renewal option', except its in very extraneous circumstances.

[color=@990000]Notice Period: Since most Flats occupation are on a yearly basis (using this as example, because there are bi-annual and Monthly tenants in some outskirts places), the Tenancy Law makes it mandaory that you must give a yearly RENT Tenant, a Six Months Notice to Quit tenancy.
The Notice period for a Lease is ONE Month "or" as enshrined in the Lease agreement signed between both parties (this means you can vary it to be one week, one month, three months, one year, as long as you both agree and sign same in your Lease agreement).

Renewal Procedure: For a Rent tenant, he will likely pay for another year, in the last month of his Tenancy though most will owe and let it spill over into the first, second or third Month. Some will even owe the renewal for almost a year! (This is what l cannot stand, to be honest).
I have been a tenant in the past and my Landlord use to use me as a 'Poster Boy' to other Tenasts because he gets his renewal Money, no later than the 11th Month of the current tenancy.

For a Lease, the renewal process would have been stated clearly in the Lease agreement, (if at all it is renewable, but most residential lease are renewable).
For example, A Lease that is One year Fixed Certain, means the Lease expires after one year of the signing of such agreement and the tenant MUST VACATE the Premises, at the End of the Lease. No Stories.
If it is just a Fixed Term Lease, it means the Lease ends at the end of the one year term and the option to renew, rests with the Lessor (House Owner or his agent). The conditions for renewal would have been explicitly stated in the SIGNED Lease Agreement and properly explained to the Tenant in both cases, before the agreement is signed.

So, the Lease variation ensures that you dont have to wait for six months to get an erring tenant out of your building (most tenants think they dont have to pay for the period under which they are given a Quit Notice but legally, this assumption is false, as the landlord can apply for Menes Profit, to cover that rent arrears and the Court will approve it, assuming the Tenant did not run away before the Judgement day grin )

For a Lease, the Notice Period can be as low as one week (but l normally sign-up to 30-Days, to give the Tenant time to look for alternative accomodation. One Month in February is not the same as One month in July, so l use a figure, 30 days, to remove any ambiguity undecided ).

If Tenant fails to surrender key after that one month Quit Notice, then you serve a One Week Notice to surrender Keys, if he still refuses, you simply apply to the Court using form TL3 and the Court will invite the Tenant (some will not turn up but it does not invalidate the process) and he will be ordered, using a Court Bailiff, to vacate the premises immediately (again assuming you are doing the 'legally right things' and have not broken the law yourself and your 'Quit Notice' cannot be rendered invalid by very small, small technicality like inconsistent date (e.g, if the Notice is short by even a few hours or days (30daysshould mean 30 full days, from 12.00 am to 11:59 pm of the 30th day but l usually allow a day to overlap) or the Notice does not contain the major elements required by law, it becomes invalid and the tenant cannot be made to leave the premises by the Court, the whole process has to start all over again. undecided

For a landlord, you want an erring Tenant out of your House as quickly as possible but we all know that it is very easy to put a tenant in the House but getting them out is just damn difficult because they are smart, some are wicked and also play alot of games. Some will stay in the house and use their Lawyer to "drag out" the Quit Case in Court.
One Baba Landlord told me that a tenant in his house just left and she spent three years without paying, before she finally left! shocked shocked I dont know what l would do, if l am confronted with such tenant because l am not that very patient to cheating, that is my weakness.
So, let him in on how to go about it, next time. No one should have the liver to put a retiree, elderly man through that. angry

[color=#990000]If you do a Lease, you are not bound by that Six Months requirement of the Tenancy Law, for a yearly tenant.
If you do a Lease, you would have specified in detail, how long the tenant will stay, if he can renew, that the renewal is optional and at your discretion, that it must be done and completed by the end of the 11th Month of the yearly Lease (so you can use the last month to issue the Quit Notice, if agreement cannot be reached and Tenant cannot owe you more than that One week Rent, at worst, which is the legally required 7days Notice before his matter gets before a Rent Judge in a Court).

With a Lease, the agreement is so detailed and so specific that it makes it easier for a Judge to determine the Suit in Court, because it is a PRIVATE AGREEMENT between you the Lessor/landlord and the Tenant/Lessee and the law honors private agreements between two private citizens, as long as it does not flout the Law.

Tenants who are on Lease also know that they are already on "one -leg out" of the house and they generally dont misbehave too much because they are also aware, having read and signed the Lease agreement, how easy it is for the landlord to evict them within a Month or six weeks at most, but only 7days extra is usually required in most cases.

But NOTE: The most important things in a Lease is the WRITTEN, SIGNED and STAMP-DUTY PAID Agreement.
It must contain all the elements that fulfill your requirements, (within the ambits of the law),
You must explain the meaning to your Tenant and it should have a clause stating that "he agrees exclusively and privately, to the terms of the Lease and will abide by these terms and conditions, unreservedly, that it has been read to him and explained to him in a language and manner that he truly understands".
This part is most important and the Lessee must sign and date separately, it just below those words. undecided grin

The Term (duration of Lease) and Lease (Type of Lease) must be clearly stated.
The Lease must be signed on the last page grin by at least three people: You the Landlord (Lessor), the Tenant (Lessee) and a Witness.
You must then go to Revenue (or do it online) and pay .78% as Stamp Duty of the Lease amount, to the Govt, to make the Lease a Legal Document that can be presented in Court and accepted in Evidence.

Like l said, it is a legal document and not all Lawyers can provide one that will stand the test of time.
If not done properly, it will fall flat under cross examination, if you ever get to court but l have come to realise that tenants do read their Landlord psychologically from the onset and would determine if they can Bleep with you or not.
Give them a good building, sort out their issues that need your attention, dont be greedy, treat them fairly (but dont ever get too familiar with tenants, your relationship is not designed to be familair, rather, it is combative when the chips are down, no matter how much you like each other).

Carefully select Tenants that you know have the capacity to pay their Rent as at when due (Job level, education, responsibility, demeanor, etc are issues to consider, l wont give someone who earns less than 150K -200K a month, a house that cost 700-800K per annum, he cant afford it without running into financial difficulty). I ensure l personally speak with every potential Tenant, before l agree to their tenancy.

I am skeptical of Leasing to Traders and Single women (my apologies to all Traders and Single women here) because the income of a Trader fluctuates too much and Nigerians are not generally the type that think House Rent is the Number one 'priority money' to set aside, in times of plenty! undecided Rent will always fall due when "market is not moving". grin
For the Single ladies, my issue is that majority of them like drama too much and the long line of Suitors and changing faces that come look for them, in my own opinion, puts the type of "safety and seclusivity' l expect in my Houses in jeopardy.
I have CCTV Cameras in externals of all my houses and l dont like when l take a look, seeing a "long traffic of strange faces", but you cannot deny a young lady such situation, so l would rather avoid it.

Just chose the kind of people you want in your house, l love young families, educated to higher level, with a serious and calm demeanor, not the noisy drunkard that would come and be banging the main gate at 1am in the dead of the night or one that stays home 24/7 gossipping and causing trouble with other occupiers. grin
Everyone to his own choice. undecided

End of Lecture. grin

Lastpage!
Cc: @Mr.Okenwa

16 Likes 10 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 7:12am On Oct 03, 2020
Aaah! I never knew it will be this long o!
Please forgive me, just skip the nonsense l wrote, sometimes l get too drunk and just type-away. angry
Rubbish.

Lastpage!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:28am On Oct 03, 2020
lastpage:
Please forgive me, just skip the nonsense l wrote, sometimes l get too drunk and just type-away. angry
Rubbish.

Lastpage!

But it’s immensely useful to me directly. On complete point.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jejeman: 7:47am On Oct 03, 2020
Please where can I get this urgently,a client is asking for it.
jejeman:
Please where can I get lighting to buy in Lagos

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 7:51am On Oct 03, 2020
Unibenfucker:
Brothers in the house ,I got a Land in lekki yesterday in an estate for my client. I want to sand fill it. Like how many trucks of 20 tonnes filling sand would I use to fill it up to a reasonable depth.?

My advice would be wait for the dry season - build your raft fence and then think of filling after that.

GOODLUCK
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 7:52am On Oct 03, 2020
lastpage:

Haaa, now you want @Chief Egun1 to flog me for giving a lecture, without permission? shocked cry

Intro: Sir, I think the right comparison should be between a'Lease and a Rent'. Both are Tenants but their type of Tenancy is what is different. A tenant might be "Leasing" while another might be "Renting".

occupation exists for a[b] fixed length period, by default[/b], depending on the type of Lease (Fixed or Fixed Certain);
Rent occupation exists in perpetuity, by default (that is, the law assumes that by default, that a man who RENTS and pays for One year Rent, will renew that Rent after the end of the year and the tenant is entitled to exercise that 'renewal option', except its in very extraneous circumstances.

[color=@990000]Notice Period: Since most Flats occupation are on a yearly basis (using this as example, because there are bi-annual and Monthly tenants in some outskirts places), the Tenancy Law makes it mandaory that you must give a yearly RENT Tenant, a Six Months Notice to Quit tenancy.
The Notice period for a Lease is ONE Month "or" as enshrined in the Lease agreement signed between both parties (this means you can vary it to be one week, one month, three months, one year, as long as you both agree and sign same in your Lease agreement).

Renewal Procedure: For a Rent tenant, he will likely pay for another year, in the last month of his Tenancy though most will owe and let it spill over into the first, second or third Month. Some will even owe the renewal for almost a year! (This is what l cannot stand, to be honest).
I have been a tenant in the past and my Landlord use to use me as a 'Poster Boy' to other Tenasts because he gets his renewal Money, no later than the 11th Month of the current tenancy.

For a Lease, the renewal process would have been stated clearly in the Lease agreement, (if at all it is renewable, but most residential lease are renewable).
For example, A Lease that is One year Fixed Certain, means the Lease expires after one year of the signing of such agreement and the tenant MUST VACATE the Premises, at the End of the Lease. No Stories.
If it is just a Fixed Term Lease, it means the Lease ends at the end of the one year term and the option to renew, rests with the Lessor (House Owner or his agent). The conditions for renewal would have been explicitly stated in the SIGNED Lease Agreement and properly explained to the Tenant in both cases, before the agreement is signed.

So, the Lease variation ensures that you dont have to wait for six months to get an erring tenant out of your building (most tenants think they dont have to pay for the period under which they are given a Quit Notice but legally, this assumption is false, as the landlord can apply for Menes Profit, to cover that rent arrears and the Court will approve it, assuming the Tenant did not run away before the Judgement day grin )

For a Lease, the Notice Period can be as low as one week (but l normally sign-up to 30-Days, to give the Tenant time to look for alternative accomodation. One Month in February is not the same as One month in July, so l use a figure, 30 days, to remove any ambiguity undecided ).

If Tenant fails to surrender key after that one month Quit Notice, then you serve a One Week Notice to surrender Keys, if he still refuses, you simply apply to the Court using form TL3 and the Court will invite the Tenant (some will not turn up but it does not invalidate the process) and he will be ordered, using a Court Bailiff, to vacate the premises immediately (again assuming you are doing the 'legally right things' and have not broken the law yourself and your 'Quit Notice' cannot be rendered invalid by very small, small technicality like inconsistent date (e.g, if the Notice is short by even a few hours or days (30daysshould mean 30 full days, from 12.00 am to 11:59 pm of the 30th day but l usually allow a day to overlap) or the Notice does not contain the major elements required by law, it becomes invalid and the tenant cannot be made to leave the premises by the Court, the whole process has to start all over again. undecided

For a landlord, you want an erring Tenant out of your House as quickly as possible but we all know that it is very easy to put a tenant in the House but getting them out is just damn difficult because they are smart, some are wicked and also play alot of games. Some will stay in the house and use their Lawyer to "drag out" the Quit Case in Court.
One Baba Landlord told me that a tenant in his house just left and she spent three years without paying, before she finally left! shocked shocked I dont know what l would do, if l am confronted with such tenant because l am not that very patient to cheating, that is my weakness.
So, let him in on how to go about it, next time. No one should have the liver to put a retiree, elderly man through that. angry

[color=#990000]If you do a Lease, you are not bound by that Six Months requirement of the Tenancy Law, for a yearly tenant.
If you do a Lease, you would have specified in detail, how long the tenant will stay, if he can renew, that the renewal is optional and at your discretion, that it must be done and completed by the end of the 11th Month of the yearly Lease (so you can use the last month to issue the Quit Notice, if agreement cannot be reached and Tenant cannot owe you more than that One week Rent, at worst, which is the legally required 7days Notice before his matter gets before a Rent Judge in a Court).

With a Lease, the agreement is so detailed and so specific that it makes it easier for a Judge to determine the Suit in Court, because it is a PRIVATE AGREEMENT between you the Lessor/landlord and the Tenant/Lessee and the law honors private agreements between two private citizens, as long as it does not flout the Law.

Tenants who are on Lease also know that they are already on "one -leg out" of the house and they generally dont misbehave too much because they are also aware, having read and signed the Lease agreement, how easy it is for the landlord to evict them within a Month or six weeks at most, but only 7days extra is usually required in most cases.

But NOTE: The most important things in a Lease is the WRITTEN, SIGNED and STAMP-DUTY PAID Agreement.
It must contain all the elements that fulfill your requirements, (within the ambits of the law),
You must explain the meaning to your Tenant and it should have a clause stating that "he agrees exclusively and privately, to the terms of the Lease and will abide by these terms and conditions, unreservedly, that it has been read to him and explained to him in a language and manner that he truly understands".
This part is most important and the Lessee must sign and date separately, it just below those words. undecided grin

The Lease must be signed on the last page grin by at least three people: You the Landlord (Lessor), the Tenant (Lessee) and a Witness.
You must then go to Revenue (or do it online) and pay .78% as Stamp Duty of the Lease amount, to the Govt, to make the Lease a Legal Document that can be presented in Court and accepted in Evidence.

Like l said, it is a legal document and not all Lawyers can provide one that will stand the test of time.
If not done properly, it will fall flat under cross examination, if you ever get to court but l have come to realise that tenants do read their Landlord psychologically from the onset and would determine if they can Bleep with you or not.
Give them a good building, sort out their issues that need your attention, dont be greedy, treat them fairly (but dont ever get too familiar with tenants, your relationship is not designed to be familair, rather, it is combative when the chips are down, no matter how much you like each other).

Carefully select Tenants that you know have the capacity to pay their Rent as at when due (Job level, education, responsibility, demeanor, etc are issues to consider, l wont give someone who earns less than 150K -200K a month, a house that cost 700-800K per annum, he cant afford it without running into financial difficulty). I ensure l personally speak with every potential Tenant, before l agree to their tenancy.

I am skeptical of Leasing to Traders and Single women (my apologies to all Traders and Single women here) because the income of a Trader fluctuates too much and Nigerians are not generally the type that think House Rent is the Number one 'priority money' to set aside, in times of plenty! undecided Rent will always fall due when "market is not moving". grin
For the Single ladies, my issue is that majority of them like drama too much and the long line of Suitors and changing faces that come look for them, in my own opinion, puts the type of "safety and seclusivity' l expect in my Houses in jeopardy.
I have CCTV Cameras in externals of all my houses and l dont like when l take a look, seeing a "long traffic of strange faces", but you cannot deny a young lady such situation, so l would rather avoid it.

Just chose the kind of people you want in your house, l love young families, educated to higher level, with a serious and calm demeanor, not the noisy drunkard that would come and be banging the main gate at 1am in the dead of the night or one that stays home 24/7 gossipping and causing trouble with other occupiers. grin

End of Lecture. grin

Lastpage!

Very insightful. Thanks for sharing.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by shogbenga: 7:53am On Oct 03, 2020
lastpage:
Rubbish.

Lastpage!

Oga, you have done justice to this topic. I must say thank you for this.

Meanwhile, can you kindly share with us a sample lease agreement that you have used. We will appreciate that.

Secondly, you mentioned that after the 30 days and 7 days notices, the tenant is automatically ejected. Looking at our terrain, what if the tenant request from the judge that he needs adequate time to get a new place, say 6 months, will the request not be granted. Or is it that tenancy law as regards lease in Nigeria allows automatic ejection after the 7 days. Thanks

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by shogbenga: 7:56am On Oct 03, 2020
lastpage:
Rubbish.

Lastpage!
Pls confirm this

On the 11th month, one can issue the 30 days notice to quit

The lease agreement, is it in line with our tenancy law as it relates to residential quarters. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olaleye2real(m): 7:59am On Oct 03, 2020
Morning all boss in the house..

We here for you .. Quality plumbing work
We gat your back ...
No.. 08162811003 or WhatsApp
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by holyprime: 8:02am On Oct 03, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 8:25am On Oct 03, 2020
Good morning.
contact us for your roofing.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:32am On Oct 03, 2020
jejeman:
Please where can I get lighting to buy in Lagos

There are lighting everywhere . You can chat me up on 08033643191
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:46am On Oct 03, 2020
lastpage:

End of Lecture. grin

Lastpage!
I never get house but when I do, I will definitely contact you to help me sort the tenancy contract. I read every word

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mybad: 9:37am On Oct 03, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 11:52am On Oct 03, 2020
Good morning.

In common parlance in Benin City, Edo State;
2 in 1 means 15 tonnes.
4 in 1 means 30 tonnes.

I don't know if that also applies in your location.

sam1919:
Thank you boss! But I don’t understand what you mean by the tonnes! Is it 2 in 1 or 4 in 1 truck ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:52pm On Oct 03, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Duly noted Sir, that I could have been more elaborate.

Now that you’re back, I think a lot of us will sit up more properly in class grin

So when I posted this about LastPage the new people might be wondering what I meant.

I think his elaborate and highly educative "Teds Talk" just on tenants will convince you grin

I really wish Skimanski and Adventures will post more and share their projects too.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 1:10pm On Oct 03, 2020
Phylife:

Thanks for your contribution.

The issue here is:
An estate agent came with a promo for plots of land near the proposed permanent site of the Federal University within Lokoja, Kogi State. The offers a mouth-watering to say the least. She said the place is a dry land.

I don't know much about Lokoja apart from what I hear, read and see when on transit.

My question now is, does anyone know that axis very well? How is the place like security-wise, and during rainy season?

The agent also told me that the realtor would be the one to design the plan [hand me a copy] and dig the foundation in order not to derail from the estate plan but I can alter the inner design to my spec. Is this how estates are built?

Your informed opinions please.

CC:
Beframia
Egunmogaji
Rotech77
N3xt
Muyi00

Please before you make any financial commitment on the land, make sure you chart it and be sure the land is free from any government acquisition, because if the land is close to the Federal university, the neighbouring land could still be part of the university land, the fact that the university has not taken physical possession does not mean the land is free. in summary, pick the coordinates of the portion of land you want to buy and go to the surveyor general office in LOKOJA and chart it. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sam1919: 1:24pm On Oct 03, 2020
Wow! I am in Benin boss. The land is after ogheghe I think the man that has been supplying me for mounding Of block has been using 3 in 1. He said he will be supplying me the sand 22k for the 3 in 1. I dont If that is high that is why I am trying to confirm first, so I don’t waste money
QSFemi:
Good morning.

In common parlance in Benin City, Edo State;
2 in 1 means 15 tonnes.
4 in 1 means 30 tonnes.

I don't know if that also applies in your location.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:47pm On Oct 03, 2020
SurveyorGeo:

Please before you make any financial commitment on the land, make sure you chart it and be sure the land is free from any government acquisition, because if the land is close to the Federal university, the neighbouring land could still be part of the university land, the fact that the university has not taken physical possession does not mean the land is free. in summary, pick the coordinates of the portion of land you want to buy and go to the surveyor general office in LOKOJA and chart it. Thanks

Thanks Sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 1:50pm On Oct 03, 2020
In Benin City, Sharp sand and soft (finer aggregate) sand are sold for 25k for 15 tonnes (2 in 1). But filling sand, in this case laterite, is cheaper than that.

sam1919:
Wow! I am in Benin boss. The land is after ogheghe I think the man that has been supplying me for mounding Of block has been using 3 in 1. He said he will be supplying me the sand 22k for the 3 in 1. I dont If that is high that is why I am trying to confirm first, so I don’t waste money
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sam1919: 2:00pm On Oct 03, 2020
He gives me the 3 in 1 sharp sand for 35k. The red sand for filling he said he will give for 22k(3in 1) Hope is favorable
QSFemi:
In Benin City, Sharp sand and soft (finer aggregate) sand are sold for 25k for 15 tonnes (2 in 1). But filling sand, in this case laterite, is cheaper than that.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by anikkyshaya: 2:17pm On Oct 03, 2020
Good afternoon to all my oga at the top. Please can anyone kindly help me with the price of these materials around Sango Ota area. Thank you �

1) The red sand for filling 10, 20, 0r 30.
2) 9 inches block
3) 6 inches block
4) A bag of Cement

All block needed is 2000.

Thanks in advance.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jumyg: 2:33pm On Oct 03, 2020
lastpage:

Why Rent/Tenancy? Why not a Lease/Lessee? I only do Lease and it is for "certain" period, with option to offer to have another Lease in place, just as the current one expires. It has really served me very well because l have a few buildings that l manage and l dont use Agents, except for the initial process of giving out the Lease, where they bring prospective Lessees.

It is a bit involved and requires a bit of attention to details, a "Tight Agreement" that l drew myself, with a good knowledge of tenancy Laws.BTW, the Law allows you to go into exclusive agreements with a [erson taking your Lease, with regards to the duration, quit terms, etc and it is binding once you both agree to it.
Also, select your occupiers by yourself, dont allow one Agent who is just after his commission, to just "dump a problem occupier" on you, it will be your headache after that! Infact, this is the most important thing a House owner can do, to avoid trouble. It is not everyone that can pay he first payment, tha deserves to live in your house, beware!

I wish l can give you a detailed analysis but time is not on my hand right now.
Your Lease agreement will determine your Peace of mind with those who occupy your premises, so pay attention to it as to what you want to happen (within limits of the law) and get it properly signed and Stamp dutied.
Never do Rent, do a Lease, a Lease certain and be wary of "Agent Lawyers", they love to play both sides while making money off both sides.
I only use Lawyer if l have to go to Court but my Lease agreements are so detailed and legally tight enough to the point that l have never gone to Court to eject a Lessee (occupier) though l also play fair with my occupiers and l go etra mile to make sure they enjoy thier money, with a lavishly furnished Flat and good environment.

Lastpage!

PS: Sorry, l am in a hurry and you can see tha l dont even have time to do my usual color-colorings! shocked angry grin

Lastpage
Please is it okay to send you private message.
My agent duped me. l live abroad and l need advise on how to manage my properties myself.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 3:24pm On Oct 03, 2020
Hello, this sounds like a great idea but you've said much without giving anything away.

Can you give more insights into your business proposition?
What is the name of the firm? Where can i find more info?

That's if you don't mind, otherwise disregard.

Thanks

mybad:
We are an existing small enterprise (MSME) in Lagos, Nigeria specialized in carrying out finishing works on structures including aluminum works (roofing of all designs,cladding, aluminum windows/doors partitioning etc) and we do business across the 36 States of the federation including Abuja.

We are looking at partnering with individuals, businesses and organizations who have direct links with high net worth individuals and businesses across the country for some stages of construction projects that we handle on a highly professional level.

Networking has become the new normal and returns will be adequately shared in transparency.

If you are in the construction industry, you handle projects or have strong links/network with people who do, kindly send me an email for further discussions.

I can be reached at zero nine zero seven 3898800
Please help share for good results.

Thanks in anticipation

(1) (2) (3) ... (1665) (1666) (1667) (1668) (1669) (1670) (1671) ... (3674) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 181
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.