Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,284 members, 7,836,261 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1669) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4445142 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1666) (1667) (1668) (1669) (1670) (1671) (1672) ... (3679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 6:08pm On Oct 03, 2020
My Good People,
Please I need your advice o. I don't know which is important and next to deal.

I have 430k which will not cater for either of aluminum windows or plastering.

Kindly advice me on what to do next.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 6:24pm On Oct 03, 2020
The price is fair.

sam1919:
He gives me the 3 in 1 sharp sand for 35k. The red sand for filling he said he will give for 22k(3in 1) Hope is favorable
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by femidbuilder: 6:32pm On Oct 03, 2020
Any ideas for how best to do window hoods?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 6:45pm On Oct 03, 2020
Granite, Cement, Sharp Sand, Iron Rod

Your one store

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 6:55pm On Oct 03, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sam1919: 7:35pm On Oct 03, 2020
Thank you boss! I appreciate
QSFemi:
The price is fair.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:11pm On Oct 03, 2020
Muyi002:
My Good People,

Hmm!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by soonest(f): 8:38pm On Oct 03, 2020
Muyi002:
My Good People,

Pay deposit for window. By God's grace before they finish, money will come

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 9:56pm On Oct 03, 2020
Either way you go is one milestone done and unto the next, however few notes:

- why do you need stone dust for plastering? keep it simple and use plaster sand as per normal and no effizzy sturvs if you're building on budget... that's 40k off.
- how big is the project? that will determine if you can still knock something off the plastering labor without compromising
- note that even if you go for windows options, you'll still need some sand + cement + labor to install and dress it unless you don't plan to install it yet.

If i were you, i'll go for plastering simply because you can squeeze out value from your materials to get the job done (e.g. you can plaster non-critical areas without guage whih will reduce your material consumption) whereas the rates for the windows are fixed since that's a procurement.

Either way you go, that's one checked off.
All the best.

Muyi002:
My Good People,

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by poseidonsaiz(m): 10:26pm On Oct 03, 2020
Still fabricating egg laying concrete block machines..

Call/WhatsApp : 07011561993

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mbamaker: 10:43pm On Oct 03, 2020
lastpage:

Haaa, now you want @Chief Egun1 to flog me for giving a lecture, without permission? shocked cry

Okay, here we go: Lecture 104 grin

Intro: Sir, I think the right comparison should be between a'Lease and a Rent'. Both are Tenants but their type of Tenancy is what is different. A tenant might be "Leasing" while another might be "Renting".

Differences, Pros and Cons
Tenor: 'Lease
occupation exists for a[b] fixed length period, by default[/b], depending on the type of Lease (Fixed or Fixed Certain);
Rent occupation exists in perpetuity, by default (that is, the law assumes that by default, that a man who RENTS and pays for One year Rent, will renew that Rent after the end of the year and the tenant is entitled to exercise that 'renewal option', except its in very extraneous circumstances.

[color=@990000]Notice Period: Since most Flats occupation are on a yearly basis (using this as example, because there are bi-annual and Monthly tenants in some outskirts places), the Tenancy Law makes it mandaory that you must give a yearly RENT Tenant, a Six Months Notice to Quit tenancy.
The Notice period for a Lease is ONE Month "or" as enshrined in the Lease agreement signed between both parties (this means you can vary it to be one week, one month, three months, one year, as long as you both agree and sign same in your Lease agreement).

Renewal Procedure: For a Rent tenant, he will likely pay for another year, in the last month of his Tenancy though most will owe and let it spill over into the first, second or third Month. Some will even owe the renewal for almost a year! (This is what l cannot stand, to be honest).
I have been a tenant in the past and my Landlord use to use me as a 'Poster Boy' to other Tenasts because he gets his renewal Money, no later than the 11th Month of the current tenancy.

For a Lease, the renewal process would have been stated clearly in the Lease agreement, (if at all it is renewable, but most residential lease are renewable).
For example, A Lease that is One year Fixed Certain, means the Lease expires after one year of the signing of such agreement and the tenant MUST VACATE the Premises, at the End of the Lease. No Stories.
If it is just a Fixed Term Lease, it means the Lease ends at the end of the one year term and the option to renew, rests with the Lessor (House Owner or his agent). The conditions for renewal would have been explicitly stated in the SIGNED Lease Agreement and properly explained to the Tenant in both cases, before the agreement is signed.

So, the Lease variation ensures that you dont have to wait for six months to get an erring tenant out of your building (most tenants think they dont have to pay for the period under which they are given a Quit Notice but legally, this assumption is false, as the landlord can apply for Menes Profit, to cover that rent arrears and the Court will approve it, assuming the Tenant did not run away before the Judgement day grin )

For a Lease, the Notice Period can be as low as one week (but l normally sign-up to 30-Days, to give the Tenant time to look for alternative accomodation. One Month in February is not the same as One month in July, so l use a figure, 30 days, to remove any ambiguity undecided ).

If Tenant fails to surrender key after that one month Quit Notice, then you serve a One Week Notice to surrender Keys, if he still refuses, you simply apply to the Court using form TL3 and the Court will invite the Tenant (some will not turn up but it does not invalidate the process) and he will be ordered, using a Court Bailiff, to vacate the premises immediately (again assuming you are doing the 'legally right things' and have not broken the law yourself and your 'Quit Notice' cannot be rendered invalid by very small, small technicality like inconsistent date (e.g, if the Notice is short by even a few hours or days (30daysshould mean 30 full days, from 12.00 am to 11:59 pm of the 30th day but l usually allow a day to overlap) or the Notice does not contain the major elements required by law, it becomes invalid and the tenant cannot be made to leave the premises by the Court, the whole process has to start all over again. undecided

For a landlord, you want an erring Tenant out of your House as quickly as possible but we all know that it is very easy to put a tenant in the House but getting them out is just damn difficult because they are smart, some are wicked and also play alot of games. Some will stay in the house and use their Lawyer to "drag out" the Quit Case in Court.
One Baba Landlord told me that a tenant in his house just left and she spent three years without paying, before she finally left! shocked shocked I dont know what l would do, if l am confronted with such tenant because l am not that very patient to cheating, that is my weakness.
So, let him in on how to go about it, next time. No one should have the liver to put a retiree, elderly man through that. angry

[color=#990000]If you do a Lease, you are not bound by that Six Months requirement of the Tenancy Law, for a yearly tenant.
If you do a Lease, you would have specified in detail, how long the tenant will stay, if he can renew, that the renewal is optional and at your discretion, that it must be done and completed by the end of the 11th Month of the yearly Lease (so you can use the last month to issue the Quit Notice, if agreement cannot be reached and Tenant cannot owe you more than that One week Rent, at worst, which is the legally required 7days Notice before his matter gets before a Rent Judge in a Court).

With a Lease, the agreement is so detailed and so specific that it makes it easier for a Judge to determine the Suit in Court, because it is a PRIVATE AGREEMENT between you the Lessor/landlord and the Tenant/Lessee and the law honors private agreements between two private citizens, as long as it does not flout the Law.

Tenants who are on Lease also know that they are already on "one -leg out" of the house and they generally dont misbehave too much because they are also aware, having read and signed the Lease agreement, how easy it is for the landlord to evict them within a Month or six weeks at most, but only 7days extra is usually required in most cases.

But NOTE: The most important things in a Lease is the WRITTEN, SIGNED and STAMP-DUTY PAID Agreement.
It must contain all the elements that fulfill your requirements, (within the ambits of the law),
You must explain the meaning to your Tenant and it should have a clause stating that "he agrees exclusively and privately, to the terms of the Lease and will abide by these terms and conditions, unreservedly, that it has been read to him and explained to him in a language and manner that he truly understands".
This part is most important and the Lessee must sign and date separately, it just below those words. undecided grin

The Term (duration of Lease) and Lease (Type of Lease) must be clearly stated.
The Lease must be signed on the last page grin by at least three people: You the Landlord (Lessor), the Tenant (Lessee) and a Witness.
You must then go to Revenue (or do it online) and pay .78% as Stamp Duty of the Lease amount, to the Govt, to make the Lease a Legal Document that can be presented in Court and accepted in Evidence.

Like l said, it is a legal document and not all Lawyers can provide one that will stand the test of time.
If not done properly, it will fall flat under cross examination, if you ever get to court but l have come to realise that tenants do read their Landlord psychologically from the onset and would determine if they can Bleep with you or not.
Give them a good building, sort out their issues that need your attention, dont be greedy, treat them fairly (but dont ever get too familiar with tenants, your relationship is not designed to be familair, rather, it is combative when the chips are down, no matter how much you like each other).

Carefully select Tenants that you know have the capacity to pay their Rent as at when due (Job level, education, responsibility, demeanor, etc are issues to consider, l wont give someone who earns less than 150K -200K a month, a house that cost 700-800K per annum, he cant afford it without running into financial difficulty). I ensure l personally speak with every potential Tenant, before l agree to their tenancy.

I am skeptical of Leasing to Traders and Single women (my apologies to all Traders and Single women here) because the income of a Trader fluctuates too much and Nigerians are not generally the type that think House Rent is the Number one 'priority money' to set aside, in times of plenty! undecided Rent will always fall due when "market is not moving". grin
For the Single ladies, my issue is that majority of them like drama too much and the long line of Suitors and changing faces that come look for them, in my own opinion, puts the type of "safety and seclusivity' l expect in my Houses in jeopardy.
I have CCTV Cameras in externals of all my houses and l dont like when l take a look, seeing a "long traffic of strange faces", but you cannot deny a young lady such situation, so l would rather avoid it.

Just chose the kind of people you want in your house, l love young families, educated to higher level, with a serious and calm demeanor, not the noisy drunkard that would come and be banging the main gate at 1am in the dead of the night or one that stays home 24/7 gossipping and causing trouble with other occupiers. grin
Everyone to his own choice. undecided

End of Lecture. grin

Lastpage!
Cc: @Mr.Okenwa

very detailed and concise
thanks for sharing sir

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 1:05am On Oct 04, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 6:25am On Oct 04, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I went through the throes of passion on this recently.

Personally, I prefer two gates (#NotBibeli) and is what I ended up with. Now, this is on my personal residence. The short side will have swing sides and the long side will have a slider.

My decisions are based on me living in Nigeria for almost 2 years now and coming up to terms on what works in reality as opposed to what I dreamt from my lair in Southern California.

My slider will be suspended from above and will not have rollers on the floor. I hate the grease that’s tracked in.

The swing open will allow me to back equipments in.

With slider above, it means that vehicles of a certain height cant enter your building?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:34am On Oct 04, 2020
earthrealm:

With slider above, it means that vehicles of a certain height cant enter your building?

He’s got 2 gates. Swing and Sliding

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:21am On Oct 04, 2020
earthrealm:

You’ll have been right Sir but I’ll have two separate entrances. The other entrance will be an oversized swing gate.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sinorte: 7:41am On Oct 04, 2020
Good People,

I'm about digging my soakaway (6ft by 6ft) and septic tank (10ft by 10ft). The two will probably go depths of 6ft and 8ft respectively. I plan to go DIY.

Could someone please help me with a schematic of the type and how the iron bars should be arranged for casting for both the pillars and slabs.

Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 8:20am On Oct 04, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Please consider sharing your lease agreement if humanly possible. Thanks.
For you Sir and some Elders here, anything is "done", on request.

EgunMogaji2:

But it’s immensely useful to me directly. On complete point.

shogbenga:

Oga, you have done justice to this topic. I must say thank you for this.

Meanwhile, can you kindly share with us a sample lease agreement that you have used. We will appreciate that.

Thanks Sir, to everyone who took their time to read such boring epistle, l myself will hate to be given something that lenghty to read. angry
So, l applaud you for your patience.

I have the hard copy with me but am looking for the Digital copy l kept on a USB stick, so l can edit it by removing personal information like my address and other personal stuffs. I cant make it public without such edit.
Please bear with me, for some time.

Lastpage!

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:24am On Oct 04, 2020
Muyi002:
My Good People,

Its very simple
Do all the inner plastering and just frame for the sliding windows for now.

Later external plastering and remaining part of the windows I.e glass and net will follow when pepper red again.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by temi4fash(m): 10:22am On Oct 04, 2020
bixton:

It's quite unfortunate that your engineer did not keep to your instruction when you insisted.

Nevertheless I just want to know what's the height of your DPC to the natural ground or if possible you can post a pix of it........
Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by temi4fash(m): 10:27am On Oct 04, 2020
bixton:

It's quite unfortunate that your engineer did not keep to your instruction when you insisted.

Nevertheless I just want to know what's the height of your DPC to the natural ground or if possible you can post a pix of it........
Thanks.

Oga me,

See below as requested

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bakin3(m): 10:28am On Oct 04, 2020
We construct Bio Digester(Modern Sockaway)
It's an improved technology in the treatment and management of human waste and wastewater. This system effectively takes away all challenges that are associated with the conventional form of waste management.
Once you have it in place,
✔you no longer call trucks to come evacuate human waste,
✔it doesn't smell
✔it doesn't attract flies or crokroaches,
✔just a small space is needed for it,
✔it's eco-friendly
✔and doesn't contaminate the groundwater
Check my signature.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by temi4fash(m): 10:33am On Oct 04, 2020
lastpage:

Why Rent/Tenancy? Why not a Lease/Lessee? I only do Lease and it is for "certain" period, with option to offer to have another Lease in place, just as the current one expires. It has really served me very well because l have a few buildings that l manage and l dont use Agents, except for the initial process of giving out the Lease, where they bring prospective Lessees.

It is a bit involved and requires a bit of attention to details, a "Tight Agreement" that l drew myself, with a good knowledge of tenancy Laws.BTW, the Law allows you to go into exclusive agreements with a [erson taking your Lease, with regards to the duration, quit terms, etc and it is binding once you both agree to it.
Also, select your occupiers by yourself, dont allow one Agent who is just after his commission, to just "dump a problem occupier" on you, it will be your headache after that! Infact, this is the most important thing a House owner can do, to avoid trouble. It is not everyone that can pay he first payment, tha deserves to live in your house, beware!

I wish l can give you a detailed analysis but time is not on my hand right now.
Your Lease agreement will determine your Peace of mind with those who occupy your premises, so pay attention to it as to what you want to happen (within limits of the law) and get it properly signed and Stamp dutied.
Never do Rent, do a Lease, a Lease certain and be wary of "Agent Lawyers", they love to play both sides while making money off both sides.
I only use Lawyer if l have to go to Court but my Lease agreements are so detailed and legally tight enough to the point that l have never gone to Court to eject a Lessee (occupier) though l also play fair with my occupiers and l go etra mile to make sure they enjoy thier money, with a lavishly furnished Flat and good environment.

Lastpage!

PS: Sorry, l am in a hurry and you can see tha l dont even have time to do my usual color-colorings! shocked angry grin

You just earned a follower

Thank for the insight

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:35am On Oct 04, 2020
rotecch77:

Its very simple
Do all the inner plastering and just frame for the sliding windows for now.

Later external plastering and remaining part of the windows I.e glass and net will follow when pepper red again.

Not a bad idea at all, if he wants to use sliders.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 11:24am On Oct 04, 2020
Good morning to noble members of this beautiful platform.

I'm still your favourite quantity surveyor.

Always at your service.

Happy Sunday.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 11:44am On Oct 04, 2020
shogbenga:

Oga, you have done justice to this topic. I must say thank you for this.

Meanwhile, can you kindly share with us a sample lease agreement that you have used. We will appreciate that.

Secondly, you mentioned that after the 30 days and 7 days notices, the tenant is automatically ejected.
Or is it that tenancy law as regards lease in Nigeria allows automatic ejection after the 7 days. Thanks

Rent/Lease Agreements are generally unique to the environment, building or the parties involved but l will in due course, edit my own to remove speicifc, persoanl details, to make it suitable for general usage and share.

Nothing is "automatic" in tenancy matters. It is all about process and procedures, based on the Law.
Afer the 30days/One Month "Quit Notice" has expired (You dont need this One Month 'Quit Notice' in a Lease, except like me, you deliberately put it there because you are a very considerate person), the Lessor/Landlord serves a Seven-Days "Notice of Intention to Retrieve Property".
At the expiration of this Seven days Notice, that is when the Lessor/Landlord applies to the Court, for an Order to Evict Tenant.
Only the Court can grant that Order!
But it is kind of fast-tracked, with a 'Lease', compared to, with a 'Rent'.

Note: You can no longer evict Tenants with the brute use of Force (except ofcourse with correct Juuju grin), as was the case in the pre-Y2000 and the law is actually mor eprotective of the tenant, than the House Owner and a House owner needs to be smart and one step ahead, if you dont want Tenants to make a mockery of you (and most will, if they have the opportunity).

BTW, l am expecting the House Agents, Property Managers and the likes, to contribute to this discussion, since they are regularly and currently dealing with such issues, being their line of Work! Wetin dey happen naa? shocked

The Court will consider first and foremost, your Lease/Rent Agreement between the Tenant and the House Owner.
Reason is that the Court will enforce the terms of such Agreements, because it is a 'valid' Contract.
But where such Agreement does not exists, the Court will apply the Tenancy Laws of the State where the building is.

If all the t's and i's have been crossed and dotted, the Court will issue an Order, asking the Tenant to move out immediately, having exhausted all Legal Notices (30days, 7days) to Quit.
(That is the Law. This is not "Mediation", which is like trying to find an amicable settlement, usually on Rent Increase issues, as the bone of contention).
If the Tenant is owing Rent at this point where an Ejection order has been issued, the Court, on the "aplication and proof" by the Landlord, the will award such amount, termed Mesne Profit, to the Landlord, to cover the period used in the house while prosecuting the Ejection Matter (while the tenant was not paying further rent)
Some tenant errorneously still think that once you issue them a Quit Notice, they dont have to pay Rent and House has become free!
Well, unless the Landlord does not know how to go about it, Tenant is only saving the money for the Landlord and hpefully, tenant will have the Money when the Court orders payment otherwise, the Court Baillif will have to sieze tenant's property and Auction it to recover such amount

shogbenga: Looking at our terrain, what if the tenant request from the judge that he needs adequate time to get a new place, say 6 months, will the request not be granted.

"Notice to Quit" Period, if delivered VALIDLY (this is where the trouble usually lies) is ADEQUATE TIME required and adjudged by Law, for the Occupier to look for alternative accomodation.
That is why it is called a "Notice" but if a tenant decides to ignore it, they do so at their own peril.

Also, in a LEASE (not the usual 'Rent' that appears subsisting in tenancy), the occupier already knows, from the signing of the Lease as he moves in, the terms of surrendering the Keys, as per the Lease agreement. That is more than enough time to plan and decide to get alternative accomodation, if that were the real issue.
Thus, such plea for "adequate time to look for alternative accomodation", in the eyes of the Law, "after the facts".
No time is ever adequate for a tenant who does not want to leave and l have seen the Court Bailiff, based on a Court order, throw tenants belongings out on the Street, for this. In the past (Pre- Tenancy laws), tenants are often using this to buy more time and frsutrate the house owner, but not anymore! (People still use it in "Debt" issues and that is understandable, "you cant pay money you dont have". undecided )

Also, "Agreements" is general, when freely entered into, are bound to be enforced at Law, as long as that agreement is not in conflict with general law.
Now, one of the advantages of a Lease comes into play here! Let me illustrate with an example.
A Lease Agreement is svery specific (Just as you can lease a Vehicle from a Company but when the time to return it lapse (as per the Agreement you signed with the Leasing Company) and you dont return it, if the Compnay catches you along Abuja-Kaduna highway, with your family inside that Vehicle, they would be right and within the Law to take possession of their Vehicle............. irrespective of the "sentiments" of leaving you stranded on the highway.
The Law is the Law, an Ass, but blind to emotions and sentiments.

The lease Agreement you both entered into (being voluntary, clear to understanding and acceptable to both parties through their accent of signatures) has SPECIFIED the conditions for surrender of the property, initiated by either the Lessor (House Owner) or the Lessee (Tenant).
All the Court is doing is enforcing such Private Agreement, between two contracting parties, the Court is not in the business of looking at the emotional or sentimental sides of the defaulting Party, sheddng (crocodile) tears and asking for time.
Same way, if a Landlord for example, breaches the law by removing the Roof to the tenant's apartment, the Law will not say he is an aged Pensioner and therefore overlook the punishment he deserves! Jail time straight, if he cannot cough out the fine. grin

I have gone to all these length to illustrate that a Lease is a structured Agreement between the Lessor and the Lessee and once done properly, the Courts will enforce it to the letter.
But l must caution, there are hoops and traps (legal technicalities) in agreements, Notices and the Law in general, a small infraction of the law (for example, if the agreement is not properly signed, not witnessed, not stamped dutied (since June 2020), notice period shorter than specified/allowed, date-mismatch, etc) can invalidate an effort to get rid of the erring occupier, despite following all other procedures, the Curt will throw-away your application, so caution is the word.

I hope this clarifies that aspect.
l also hope our Professional Agents, Property Managers, Estate Lawyers/Managers will share their own experiences here.

Lastpage!

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 11:49am On Oct 04, 2020
QSFemi:
Good morning to noble members of this beautiful platform.

I'm still your favourite quantity surveyor.

Always at your service.

Happy Sunday.

Happy Sunday Sir.
Canl say that l do observe your charity service on this thread and l amlooking forward to giving you a real contractin your field, in recognition of your altruism.
Weldone Sir.

Lastpage!

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 11:54am On Oct 04, 2020
temi4fash:

You just earned a follower

Thank for the insight

Thank you Sir.
Indulge me Sir, l dont know how this "follower" thing works!
Does it mean you will be notified of all my post or you will just be following me about or what exactly?
I have this tendency to fall into the ditches, once in a while...... and l dont want you falling ontop of me, that wold worse my situation inside. grin grin
Happy Sunday.

Lastpage!

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 11:58am On Oct 04, 2020
sinorte:
Good People,

I'm about digging my soakaway (6ft by 6ft) and septic tank (10ft by 10ft). The two will probably go depths of 6ft and 8ft respectively. I plan to go DIY.

Could someone please help me with a schematic of the type and how the iron bars should be arranged for casting for both the pillars and slabs.

Thank you

Is your Property in a waterlogged environment or adequately dry land?
Is it a rental property or a private family Building?
I am asking because the solutions are different for each of these sotuations
Have you considered using a Bio-Digester type Solution?

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Annonymox: 12:05pm On Oct 04, 2020
sam1919:
I don’t have the plan with me where I am, but here is a picture of the building at DPC level. It’s just 5 coach

Please i need your help. Can i please have the plan here?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 12:26pm On Oct 04, 2020
Wow. Thank you sir for acknowledging my little contributions.

I'll be most honoured to serve you in my professional capacity.

Happy Sunday boss.

lastpage:

Happy Sunday Sir.
Canl say that l do observe your charity service on this thread and l amlooking forward to giving you a real contractin your field, in recognition of your altruism.
Weldone Sir.

Lastpage!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 12:31pm On Oct 04, 2020
shogbenga:

Pls confirm this

On the 11th month, one can issue the 30 days notice to quit

The lease agreement, is it in line with our tenancy law as it relates to residential quarters. Thanks

One the 11th Month, you should issue the Quit Notice, so that its expiry date coincides with the end-date of the Lease.
For an "Annual Rental", you should issue the Quit notice to end with such date too, six months earlier, as that is the requirement of the Law.

Yes, LEASE are inline with tenancy Laws in Nigeria. It is just a type of tenancy.
It can be fixed or even fixed Certain
. grin

Lastpage!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1666) (1667) (1668) (1669) (1670) (1671) (1672) ... (3679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Johnadelaide00 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.