Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,752 members, 7,809,884 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:36 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1721) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4369141 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1718) (1719) (1720) (1721) (1722) (1723) (1724) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:02am On Nov 02, 2020
Takoro13:
Is it advisable to wait small maybe price of pop materials will comedown or I shld go ahead and borrow money for the work thinking the price may continue to go up.

My pop man wan kill me ni ooo

Baba the way the thing jump from 4500 to 7000 is kind of scary
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 7:12am On Nov 02, 2020
twinskenny:

Baba the way the thing jump from 4500 to 7000 is kind of scary
Is it likely to come down or we shld expect more jumping jumping
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:19am On Nov 02, 2020
Takoro13:

Is it likely to come down or we shld expect more jumping jumping
hehhee anything that go up in naija hardly come down o
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by egoldi01: 8:11am On Nov 02, 2020
The price of cement in Ilorin is N2900/3000 per bag and I want to do some work on my abandoned project with some hundreds of bags. Pls is there any possibility of drop in prices soon because this has really affected my budget. I engaged some cement dealers here and was told there is a major repair on Dangote's plant in Ajaokuta that soared up price in this axis but the price will still reduce with time. Please I need your advice on this.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by fabulous85: 8:22am On Nov 02, 2020
egoldi01:
The price of cement in Ilorin is N2900/3000 per bag and I want to do some work on my abandoned project with some hundreds of bags. Pls is there any possibility of drop in prices soon because this has really affected my budget. I engaged some cement dealers here and was told there is a major repair on Dangote's plant in Ajaokuta that soared up price in this axis but the price will still reduce with time. Please I need your advice on this.
Personally, I think we should suspend our projects and wait till at least next year. prices of cement, pop cement, electrical cables have all increased.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 9:23am On Nov 02, 2020
One4me:

I still did two Plots for 180K at Ikorodu, in 2017 and it was done with Red Copy which l later used another Person to confirm.

Lagos proper was 100K per plot and all of a sudden they jerked it up to 400K, after a meeting!
I am certain that Surveyors (in general) are getting less job today, that they get five years ago because a lot of poor people are just refusing to do Survey (not a good thing though), because they cant afford it.
How can you tell someone who wants to start building a room and parlour to house his family with Monthly salary (even the land itself is pay-instalmentally), to come and pay 400K just to map it out? shocked shocked
Such people will rather build first and 'hope for the best', than bother with Survey.

The action of the SCOAN is contributing to illegal structures and uncordinated development, across board, in my own opinion.
Prices should not just be fixed arbitrarily, without taking the earning Power of the customers into consideration.

Anyway, EXTORTION has become a way of life in Nigeria, not just Surveyors, just go to the market and see how prices double everyday, because the seller decides to just double the price, nothing more. undecided
Maybe we need to re-introduce Price Control?

Apt
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 9:37am On Nov 02, 2020
See how far we have come on this project here.

https://www.nairaland.com/5955403/new-4-bedroom-duplex-swimming

We built this from foundation to the roofing you saw in 6weeks and 4 Days... Excluding 1month and 1 weeks Decking Resting time.

Check the thread to see the time line.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Person2person(m): 11:06am On Nov 02, 2020
Dijita:

I am also interested in good Nigeria design wooden doors. I am not at the POP stage but I am probably going to be interested in simple and elegant pop designs in the nearest future
My project is in Ibeju-Lekki axis

we have wooden doors at reasonable prices..check my siggy

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rajput4real93: 11:26am On Nov 02, 2020
Dennis3D:
See how far we have come on this project here.

https://www.nairaland.com/5955403/new-4-bedroom-duplex-swimming

We built this from foundation to the roofing you saw in 6weeks and 4 Days... Excluding 1month and 1 weeks Decking Resting time.

Check the thread to see the time line.

@Dennis3D, your good works alone are not enough to be successful in life. Good works must be combined with good attitudes and good manners. I have called Spider, rotech,segzy, uncleentech, timtol,and darenyx for professional advice. I have given a few of them work. I can
testify that they were/are courteous, humble, and very professional. But the opposite was the case when i called you about 6-7 months ago. You were supremely arrogant and harsh. Some professionals here have almost seen it all in construction works, yet they are humble. Humility pays

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chocho28: 11:29am On Nov 02, 2020
abdulwastecx:

you can have a sizeable three bedroom flat with good space to pack 3 vehicle in front of the building.

something like this can enter the plot comfortably:
three bedroom each : 12ft x 12ft
three toilet each : 4 x 8ft
kitchen : 8ft x 8ft
dining : 8ft x 8ft
living room : 16 x 14ft
store : 4 x 4ft

total floor area = 1024square feet
plot size = 2000square feet
Is this accurate? I have no idea on this kind of stuff
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Person2person(m): 11:40am On Nov 02, 2020
Pompoms:
Good evening, sirs/ma.
I'm searching for the perfect bathroom door design and other internal doors. Please, help with pictures.

I also need a tested and trusted POP person.

E se, mo du'pe.

you can use alluminium fabricated panel doors for the toilets, meanwhile for internal doors, CLICK https://www.nairaland.com/5898703/choosing-appropriate-board-furniture-works#90237292
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by donpata(m): 12:17pm On Nov 02, 2020
Pls does anyone know the current price of metcoppo roofing sheet 0.55?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:30pm On Nov 02, 2020
egoldi01:

I think the prices will definitely come down.

I’m currently working on a government project in Sagamu, Ogun State and all the contractors/subcontractors are currently buying #2450 / bag directly from Lafarge.

I can buy you cement at that rate if your project is within the area.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 3:11pm On Nov 02, 2020
What's the best way to stop Spirogyra..green stuffs from growing on the wall...plz advice me...I don scrub tire ..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tezcatlipoca(m): 3:13pm On Nov 02, 2020
Hello everyone, please I stay in a decked apartment but yet to complete the building on top of it and the heat is so unbearable. Is dere something that can be done or placed on top of the building to reduce the heat please?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:23pm On Nov 02, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 3:23pm On Nov 02, 2020
KIDfurniture:
What's the best way to stop Spirogyra..green stuffs from growing on the wall...plz advice me...I don scrub tire ..
If you haven't yet painted it, you could use specially formulated anti growth/algae- fungi paint or water repellent paint or combination of both.
The herbicide would prevent the growth on the surface and water repellent paint would prevent growth as there needs to be constant moisture for the growth to appear and the wall would shed water and get dry with the latter option.
If you have painted the wall already, use concentrated bleach solution to spray it and scrub it off and apply the anti growth paint with water repellent property to keep the surface dry.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Centrallock: 3:26pm On Nov 02, 2020
Please i need an estimate for a water tank stand, I wish to build a stand high enough to pump from the tank to my house. Just two rooms, toilet and kitchen.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 4:37pm On Nov 02, 2020
chocho28:

Is this accurate? I have no idea on this kind of stuff

Yea
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Wtkdesigns: 4:51pm On Nov 02, 2020
WTK Architects.... Bringing your Dreams to reality ☺ � whatsap or call 08096365063

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by donbrowser(m): 5:16pm On Nov 02, 2020
Access14:
@Hajj and other Honorable in the house

Pls, can you advise the cost of Land Survey as I want told to get a Survey plan to secure my land since CofO is out of it for now

My area is Lagos, Ketu

Kindly advise

Regards
DM, I will get you a great guy with affordable rate. He did mine and the price is cool

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 5:47pm On Nov 02, 2020
rajput4real93:

@Dennis3D, your good works alone are not enough to be successful in life. Good works must be combined with good attitudes and good manners. I have called Spider, rotech,segzy, uncleentech, timtol,and darenyx for professional advice. I have given a few of them work. I can
testify that they were/are courteous, humble, and very professional. But the opposite was the case when i called you about 6-7 months ago. You were supremely arrogant and harsh. Some professionals here have almost seen it all in construction works, yet they are humble. Humility pays

Sorry about the incident, we are much better now. All we have always wanted is to provide efficient services to our clients the best way we can. In cases where we fall short, we accept responsibility, apologise and make amends. Thanks for your concern too. I appreciate that.

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by egoldi01: 6:05pm On Nov 02, 2020
That is really kind of you, thank you. But I'm in Ilorin, Kwara state.
n3xt:

I think the prices will definitely come down.

I’m currently working on a government project in Sagamu, Ogun State and all the contractors/subcontractors are currently buying #2450 / bag directly from Lafarge.

I can buy you cement at that rate if your project is within the area.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by egoldi01: 6:14pm On Nov 02, 2020
fabulous85:
Personally, I think we should suspend our projects and wait till at least next year. prices of cement, pop cement, electrical cables have all increased.

Thank you sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coretechng1(m): 6:23pm On Nov 02, 2020
Good evening house. Does anyone knows chinese companies that build houses for clients in Lekki axis. I learnt that do good job and are cheap.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Access14(m): 8:06pm On Nov 02, 2020
Pls how do someone DM on Nairaland?

donbrowser:

DM, I will get you a great guy with affordable rate. He did mine and the price is cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 8:10pm On Nov 02, 2020
There are also very many indigenous contractors (Nigerian owned firms) that handles building and other construction works with credible and proven expertise without even overcharging overheads and profit.

Patronise Nigeria, grow Nigeria.

coretechng1:
Good evening house. Does anyone knows chinese companies that build houses for clients in Lekki axis. I learnt that do good job and are cheap.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cjfbn: 8:19pm On Nov 02, 2020
Please who knows what marble effect is.
My POP guy wants to do it on my POP tv stand.
I don't really know what it is.
Can someone assist explain, maybe with pictures?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sam1919: 8:29pm On Nov 02, 2020
PLEASE DOES ANYONE WHO LIVES IN BENIN CITY KNOWS HOW MUCH FOR A TRIP OF RED SAND FOR FILLING OF FOUNDATION ?? LOCATION IS SAPALE ROAD AFTER BYPASS.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 8:54pm On Nov 02, 2020
sam1919:
PLEASE DOES ANYONE WHO LIVES IN BENIN CITY KNOWS HOW MUCH FOR A TRIP OF RED SAND FOR FILLING OF FOUNDATION ?? LOCATION IS SAPALE ROAD AFTER BYPASS.
Red sand two in one 8k to 9k
Red sand four in one is 18k to 22k
I can help you out if Sapele rd.
sand for block is four in one 33k-- you might get it 30k--iI AM PAY 33K- I THINK I GOT PLAYED
Call this driver 08027070900
Just tell him the dude that have a house opposite is house and project at sapele
He drive two in one but ask for four in one better deal--(Price, don't take the price he give you
You must have a trusted person there or Any time they bring sand they MUST VIEDO CALL YOU
I have a second contact for you
send me your email
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 8:57pm On Nov 02, 2020
coretechng1:

Chinese people are like Nigerians
looking for short cut
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boay(m): 9:07pm On Nov 02, 2020
Mayor78:

For people who don't know any bearing in Ibadan but may want to invest in landed property over there, how would you describe Moniya/Akinyele, with particular reference to the attractions there to investing on the land? Thanks

Thank you so much for this. I will like to explain

There is a railway terminal at Moniya (though on a different route) which is near completion. Moniya is attracting investors because of this.

For Moniya/Akinyele, it is along Oyo Town Road.. After Sabo Ojoo... It's not too far from IITA... More so, IITA is now moving some of the infrastructures to that very area which means it will develop in no time...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1718) (1719) (1720) (1721) (1722) (1723) (1724) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Aforxzy(f) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.