Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,757 members, 7,820,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1723) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4403864 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1720) (1721) (1722) (1723) (1724) (1725) (1726) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 9:00am On Nov 03, 2020
Ibk2020:

I will still Continue to say Dennis3D is the worst here.

I contacted him Base on recommendations from Hajj m. For a perfect drawing plan for my bungalow building. I sent him 50k deposits to show how serious I am. He sent me the first drawing which I am not satisfied with, and I sent him a message on what's app (screenshot below) the message is to ginger him to deliver excellent in the review copy. Oga Dennis called me immediately he got the message to lecture, schooled and abuse me ni oo (phone conversation recorded and uploaded on Dropbox link) link will be dropped below.

Dennis3D refund 25k and says he will keep the remaining 25k.

The most part of its is the abusive words on a client u haven't met, he called me a child shocked and blocked me on WhatsApp

To the glory of God, I met another architect that charge 25k for the whole drawing and deliver excellent, my building is already at lintel.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bgbsvsp8o39bqzz/AAAKQk8HpKJbJDnt-JpYlemYa?dl=0

My rule is once i contact any architect and he or she asks me to pay a certain fee before showing me a floor plan, I will quietly tell you 'bye bye' and move on with the next. Many of them here are guilty of such. They will tell you that if you don't like the plan they will adjust it. All that are empty stories. Only in Nigeria such thing happens. All architectural drawings i've received from foreign architects it is a different experience.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 9:05am On Nov 03, 2020
Ibk2020:

Chaiii... Dennis3D rude no be small.
Hajj m recommend him, that was why I trusted him. I regret knowing Dennis3D

he didn't respond nor apologize on his own thread to an aggrieved client of his but quick to apologise here cause people are much here or what?

well, i pray he is better now like he said koz that will help him stay relevant

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 9:12am On Nov 03, 2020
n3xt:

Good morning @ibk2020

If people ask questions on this platform and building professionals chose to stay silent, we feel bad.

What did you do to the architect who draw the initial design that you condemned despite all the advices given to you? He’s not a nairalander right and he has nothing to lose.

Whatever you’re doing right now say a lot more about you than Dennis?

Even if Dennis is wrong and you are right, I think you should counsel the young guy and not expect someone like me to clap for you for trying to bring down a young and promising guy - that’s if you know better than him. I noticed even Hajj mufutau55 stepped in.

I chose to go silent on you when I saw your approach. That’s the mistake Dennis made.
Instead of a confrontation, next time spell out terms and condition of your service before going ahead with any client. I repeat ANY

Good to see your project is advancing. More brick and mortar to your project.

Edit: My post is in no way trying to defend Dennis (I dont even know him). I just believe we can do better as human.
_______
For those who’d pick on me, I’m not well o and I can take Nairaland vacation for you to sooth yourself.

Thank you nxt
Before God and Man, it would be very irresponsible for someone to change their attitude for NO REASON. It's almost insane that someone would talk to one with respect and the other respond in discord and bad manners.

What we find here on Nairaland is more to what we show here. Ibk2020, I can only wish you well in your endeavors, as for your curses and insults, I live it up to you coz I don't want to derail this thread. Never will I do that.

Before people jump into any conclusions of any sort on any case or issue, think twice and ask detailed questions. Everyone here wants to be defensive at all times including clients and vendors or contractors.

We all have an image to protect. It pays no one to be rude as people would say, it pays no one do do evil or bad to anyone who has done them good. Nature is the final judge of all. Fortunately, this same place I have seen very very decent, good, heartily people I can vouch for. Am sure they all see these and keep silent too because knowing a person and working with one is different from hearsay.

On that note, it is important we should always try as much as possible to do that which is right. We all as Nigerians have to understand that everyone you meet is someone in one way or another and should be treated and talked to with respect, irrespective of where you are.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 9:46am On Nov 03, 2020
micgray100:

As a registered Engineer, we use total sum and source of project to determine Engineer's cost..

Total Sum of project Less than 50million and Private owned, can be percentaged at 2.5%

Total Sum of project Less than 50million and govt own /big multinational company, can be percentaged at 5%

Total Sum of project more than 50million and Private owned, can be percentaged at 5%

Total Sum of project more than 50million and govt own/ private big multinational company owned, can be percentaged at 7.5%..

lastly.. kobokobo stages supervision... 1 to 2%

For a project of 5million naira which might take 3 months or thereabout... 2.5% is 125,000 naira..

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:12am On Nov 03, 2020
Dennis3D:

We all have an image to protect. It pays no one to be rude as people would say, it pays no one do do evil or bad to anyone who has done them good.

Bro, you need to be ‘calming down’ tho grin grin and know when to embrace peace.

When you work with clients, you want to do everything you can to ensure they are happy with your services.
If for some reason a client becomes unhappy with your work, then you should send him or her an apology note and offer ways to make things better.

Try as much as possible to avoid any such problems in the future and try to maintain a strong working relationship with everyone who have entrust their job into your care. E get why grin

I like what you’re doing but here are the attributes that’ll help you excel in a typical naija business environment:

- You must be Hungry
- You must be Humble
- You must be Smart

You can’t have only two. You must possess all the attributes.

If need be, you can engage someone to help act as a bridge between you and your client when receiving clients’ brief and learn to do more of emails and less of chats.
I do that - acting as a bridge - very often on my projects for all the tradespeople to prevent avoidable conflicts.

Finally, ”Grow through what you go through.”

______
I’m pretty sure you know the next thing to do.

_____
Pic 1-3 - A typical transaction with a Nairaland architect on behalf of a client in diaspora. I’ve done nothing less than 30 buildings with this guy and I don’t even know what he looks like or where he lives.
We don’t get to start anything until everything has been clarified.

Though it’s a premium service grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ibk2020: 10:15am On Nov 03, 2020

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 10:43am On Nov 03, 2020
Ibk2020:

If anyone didn't listen to that phone conversation I posted the link, they will believe you. No one has ever talked to me the way you did. It's really painful.

I already moved on as you can see.
Baba please let imranRoofing handle the roofing part
Edakun cry

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by debeey87(m): 10:55am On Nov 03, 2020
That brother man does a good job and considerate in price too I'll say. grin
One4me:

@SurveyorGeo:

Can you give this memebr a GOOD DEAL?
I dont want all those official 'we charge 80% because that is what our ssociation said we should charge" o!
Association does not feed anyone, they only collect membership fee! grin

i trust you not to let this house down, when it comes to things like that, let us leave 80% for those people on the other side. undecided

@Access14: negotiate with SurveyorGeo, if he doesnot give yo a good deal, let us know so we can include his matter in the #EndSARS Protest or we tell the Public that he is hiding Palliatives inside his house! grin grin
He is a resonable Surveyor.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 10:56am On Nov 03, 2020
Good morning.
for your roofingwoods, Woodwork and materials we are available all at shikini money
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jeffdaniel(m): 10:58am On Nov 03, 2020
Mjolnir:

Opinions are like anuses, everyone has one, carefully weigh ypour options and the kind of tenants you are targetting, as far back as 2008, i rented a 2br with visitor toilet and both rooms ensuite, thus 3 WC FOR 350k, in woji axis, and it was gr8. everything depends on location and target tenants.

my dads old house in the village, his rm isnt ensuite, and we hv told him severally, for us to make it ensuite for him, he has vehemently refused. grin grin, guess he doesnt understand the concept of toilet being in the same space as the room. for an 800k rent 2br house in present day nigeria. they sure deserve and will like the 3 WC arrangment, for a sub 250k a year rent, its a no brainer putting 3wc based on cost/clientel

I love this topic, i wish i was here 6 weeks ago to read these comments, it would have helped me in the decision I made just last week. angry

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ibk2020: 11:26am On Nov 03, 2020
money121:

Baba please let imranRoofing handle the roofing part
Edakun cry

Yes definitely, I already saved your contact, I saw a good job you did for someone in Ilorin. My project is also in Ilorin.
Will definitely contact you sir.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 11:38am On Nov 03, 2020
Ibk2020:

Yes definitely, I already saved your contact, I saw a good job you did for someone in Ilorin. My project is also in Ilorin.
Will definitely contact you sir.
Thanks so much oga mi sir
I really appreciate
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 11:48am On Nov 03, 2020
KolaShangOne:

For a project of 5million naira which might take 3 months or thereabout... 2.5% is 125,000 naira..

TIME IS ALSO A FACTOR OF THE PERCENTAGE... YOU NEED TO DECIDE IF YOUR CONTACT TERMS IS TIME BOUND OR BASE ON QUANITY OF WORK LIKE CONTRACT SUM...

WHICHEVER YOU CHOOSE, ALL SHOULD BE SPELT OUT IN THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE ENGINEER AND THE CLIENT..

FOR EXAMPLE... IF I SIGN A CONTRACT OF 10MILLION WITH TO RUN FOR 30 DAYS... AFTER THE 30DAYS, THERE SHOULD BE AN AMOUNT TO BE PAID EXTRA PER DAY ADDITIONAL FOR SHOWING UP ON SITE..

ALL NA AGREEMENT... I CAN EVEN DO IT FOR FREE..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RahmonJago(f): 12:14pm On Nov 03, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

When I hear these prices I’m happy that I only build in Ibadan.

I got 20 tons delivered yesterday for N75K in Omi Adio.

Please can I have the contact of your granite supplier? My Whatsapp is 08108199891
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GiveInvestGift: 12:35pm On Nov 03, 2020
LOAN (NON - INTEREST) : If u need loan of any amount, contact me( loan for house, Car, business, import and export or services)
- weGIVE

INVEST : If u want to invest your money with us and be paid a monthly return and collect ur complete money whenever you need it, contact me.
- weINVEST

- REFERRALS: If u refer us for business (loan or Investment), we reward you handsomely.
-weGIFT

Email: giveinvestgift@gmail.com
Or phone number 09027700821 (call or whatsapp)

- COURTESY : TAJBANK
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 1:13pm On Nov 03, 2020
n3xt:

Bro, you need to be ‘calming down’ tho grin grin and know when to embrace peace.

When you work with clients, you want to do everything you can to ensure they are happy with your services.
If for some reason a client becomes unhappy with your work, then you should send him or her an apology note and offer ways to make things better.

Try as much as possible to avoid any such problems in the future and try to maintain a strong working relationship with everyone who have entrust their job into your care. E get why grin

I like what you’re doing but here are the attributes that’ll help you excel in a typical naija business environment:

- You must be Hungry
- You must be Humble
- You must be Smart

You can’t have only two. You must possess all the attributes.

If need be, you can engage someone to help act as a bridge between you and your client when receiving clients’ brief and learn to do more of emails and less of chats.
I do that - acting as a bridge - very often on my projects for all the tradespeople to prevent avoidable conflicts.

Finally, ”Grow through what you go through.”

______
I’m pretty sure you know the next thing to do.

_____
Pic 1-3 - A typical transaction with a Nairaland architect on behalf of a client in diaspora. I’ve done nothing less than 30 buildings with this guy and I don’t even know what he looks like or where he lives.
We don’t get to start anything until everything has been clarified.

Though it’s a premium service grin
Thank you Bosun for being the bridge between them, like they say experience is the best teacher. I remember you went thru a situation like this years back, to God be the glory, you came back more matured with a promising future.
The way we react to issues is different as individuals, in my opinion the young man work to put drawing on paper in fairness he should be paid, at the same time the client needs to get satisficed for job he paid for. We should all exercises patience with dealing with issues instead of castigating each other on the web, that may not do well for either. There is always a better way of resolving conflict without belittling each other. My advice to the young promising engineer; try not getting into arguments with clients no matter how little their job may be. you never know , that same client may open a bigger door for you in the future. There are couple of humble contractors out here, I can bet with anything Aventures is one of the most humble human being I've ever worked with in this platform without setting my eyes on him till date. He wasn't the only one, their is a couple of them. I hope you take Brabus advice seriously because your future is bright here.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 2:39pm On Nov 03, 2020
Tell me about your product na... I will patronize you na... I go like screed my house sha.. let me know more about your product na...

gbadexy:

I know some paint brands offer products with anti growth property but I can't promote another brand since I own a brand and my products offer both properties.
You could specifically ask for paints with anti growth or anti algae/fungi.
Screeding may prevent it but the binder would have to be much so that it's not porous to allow absorption moisture and it has to be preferably a basecoat or acrylic based screeding materials.
The various bond used to screed are PVA and even on their own don't withstand moisture. If you use them for paint and wet it, it would soften and rub easily when rubbed.
I assume if the plastering was rich in cement and it's dense, you may not experience the growth since it won't allow for water to be soaking much or staying long on the surface.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 3:15pm On Nov 03, 2020
[quote author=Jasobry post=95624033][/quote]
is the roofing edge pop or parapet?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 3:39pm On Nov 03, 2020
KIDfurniture:
Tell me about your product na... I will patronize you na... I go like screed my house sha.. let me know more about your product na...

I have premium emulsion with anti growth property and I have matte emulsion with anti growth and water repellent property.
My brand name is Regal paint and I supplied lots of good people here. Both in diasporas and those residents here across the whole region of the country.
I've posted video of the demonstration of the waterbeading effect of the water repellent paint on 2 to 3 different occasions in this thread and pictures of some of the projects I'm permitted to post are on my threads.
I make and supply acrylic based screeding putty also.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by timileyinoyela(m): 4:00pm On Nov 03, 2020
Hello Guys My name is OLADIMEJI,OLAYEMI JOEL. I deal with Gerrard,rain water collector and aluminium roof you can also call me Seun roof. You can contact me for your ,aluminium,Gerrard,rain water collector ROOF. I also act as a roof consultant,simply tell us your budget and we will advise you on the best roof that suit your budget,we can also give you a rough estimate for your roof before you get to the roofing stage. U might ask HOW? it's our job. u can also send ur roof plan to us for your roof quotation without getting to the site.
Even if u don't have a house or building yet,you can refer someone to us and you get a #50,000 or more referral bonus( once we get the job done) so what are u waiting for,refer 10people u get #500,000 or more.

Motto:HONESTY AND TRANSPARENCY.

Contact me: OLADIMEJI OLAYEMI @SUIT 11 TRANS AMUSEMENT PARK BODIJA IBADAN. WE CAN WORK At any part of Nigeria.
Phone number:08068229185, WhatsApp line:07011079846
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 6:05pm On Nov 03, 2020
POP materials in particular is highly unlikely to come down cos the price increase is/was from the manufactures/distributors unlike cement and other materials.
I was given a 2wks heads up or thereabouts on this one to stockpile and it came to pass.

Takoro13:

Is it likely to come down or we shld expect more jumping jumping

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 6:31pm On Nov 03, 2020
So you want to go about collecting floor plans for free?
Then tomorrow we complain when they ask the next client to make commitments to avoid doing osho-free work from the experience they had with you and the likes.

What you should do is brief the architect on what you want and agree on payment plan. If you don't have a unique design and you request from one of his previous works then they are at the discretion to charge a fee for it.

Its their work, or how else are they suppose to make money?

Godisgreatest1:

My rule is once i contact any architect and he or she asks me to pay a certain fee before showing me a floor plan, I will quietly tell you 'bye bye' and move on with the next. Many of them here are guilty of such. They will tell you that if you don't like the plan they will adjust it. All that are empty stories. Only in Nigeria such thing happens. All architectural drawings i've received from foreign architects it is a different experience.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 6:39pm On Nov 03, 2020
We're still waiting or our next clients...

Contact CHOICE COST CONSULT for for quantity surveying services, viz-a-viz

1) Bill of Quantities (Projected estimated cost of construction)
2) Materials and Labour Schedule (breakdown of cost of materials and labour respectively for your construction projects)
3) Valuation of ongoing construction works (know the cost of already existing or ongoing construction)
4) Bidding and Tendering for construction jobs (As a contractor bidding for jobs, you need competitive tender to win the job. Nobody can help you out except a quantity surveyor.
5) Pricing of blank/unpriced bill of quantities for tendering purposes.
6) Invitation, pre-qualification and selection of contractor based on suitable tendering procedure. Don't award your jobs to the least bidder bit the least responsive bidder. Be smart. Don't let contractors fool you.
7) Contract administration from inception to completion of your projects. (interpretation of conditions of contract is one of the duties of a smart quantity surveyor)
cool Preparation of both feasibility and viability studies (if you're engaging in a commercial construction works, know the payback period and rate of investment of your projects. Nobody does it better than a quantity surveyor.
9) Life cycle costing
10) Cost control
11) Cash flow forecasting
Etc

Contact us today.
Mobile no: 09012800750

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adezie: 7:08pm On Nov 03, 2020
Ibk2020:

I will still Continue to say Dennis3D is the worst here.

I contacted him Base on recommendations from Hajj m. For a perfect drawing plan for my bungalow building. I sent him 50k deposits to show how serious I am. He sent me the first drawing which I am not satisfied with, and I sent him a message on what's app (screenshot below) the message is to ginger him to deliver excellent in the review copy. Oga Dennis called me immediately he got the message to lecture, schooled and abuse me ni oo (phone conversation recorded and uploaded on Dropbox link) link will be dropped below.

Dennis3D refund 25k and says he will keep the remaining 25k.

The most part of its is the abusive words on a client u haven't met, he called me a child shocked and blocked me on WhatsApp

To the glory of God, I met another architect that charge 25k for the whole drawing and deliver excellent, my building is already at lintel.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bgbsvsp8o39bqzz/AAAKQk8HpKJbJDnt-JpYlemYa?dl=0

I couldn't help laughing when he said you are talking to him like an employee. Biko what is he supposed to be after collecting money for a job? Mr "I am too busy" but he has time to open school and give lecture. Now he is claiming 25k for his yeye time. I don't even want to talk abt that colleague that is supporting nonsense. please ensure you collect your remaining balance. Its a wonder how he got this far with such pride.

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 7:17pm On Nov 03, 2020
megacontrol:
Then tomorrow we complain when they ask the next client to make commitments to avoid doing osho-free work from the experience they had with you and the likes.

What you should do is brief the architect on what you want and agree on payment plan. If you don't have a unique design and you request from one of his previous works then they are at the discretion to charge a fee for it.

Free how??..Both architects i've had the opportunity to work with sent floor plans for a 3D I chose before they received their payments in 'full'. They are in this platform- I paid '65K' for the first 4 bedroom bungalow and '50K' for the second 4 bedroom bungalow. I'm not forcing you to send floor plan, please keep it to yourself. I will as well keep the money in my pocket gently. I've once paid a token to someone I don't know because he sent me 'complete plan' after he posted the structure for review. Some others have declined, I moved on. If you don't understand I'm not fluent in pigin.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 7:27pm On Nov 03, 2020
megacontrol:

God bless you oh, ask him/her oh if he/she will approach julius berger or cappa and won't pay consultation fee before any other thing.

while no one here will encourage poor communication and customer service from any professional or service provider, that method of his is not n is out of a normal practice and you can only do that for people that needs work, upcomings n those you vibe with

even JB n other big firms do review their drawings too which is normal.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:29pm On Nov 03, 2020
megacontrol:

This is how we do it!

When I see a good design, I pay for it. It’s their intellectual property.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 8:06pm On Nov 03, 2020
Gud evening here,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 8:06pm On Nov 03, 2020
Dijita:

is the roofing edge pop or parapet?
its parapet
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 9:26pm On Nov 03, 2020
Good evening guys.

I'm considering getting Elephant Cement for internal plastering in view of the high cost of Dangote Cement.

Anything to consider as risk or the negative effect?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1720) (1721) (1722) (1723) (1724) (1725) (1726) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: HossanaHeights, dareh85, playces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.