Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,724 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1724) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4404316 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1721) (1722) (1723) (1724) (1725) (1726) (1727) ... (3670) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 9:29pm On Nov 03, 2020
n3xt:

This is how we do it!

When I see a good design, I pay for it. It’s their intellectual property.
That's man is my architect Bosun Davies
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 9:36pm On Nov 03, 2020
But this is completely different from what you posited first.This just demonstrates how a lot of people here join the bandwagon.

Since you wrote those two versions yourself in english (and not pidgin), maybe communicating your train of thought in english is the problem afterall.

Godisgreatest1:

Free how??..Both architects i've had the opportunity to work with sent floor plans for a 3D I chose before they received their payments in 'full'. They are in this platform- I paid '65K' for the first 4 bedroom bungalow and '50K' for the second 4 bedroom bungalow. I'm not forcing you to send floor plan, please keep it to yourself. I will as well keep the money in my pocket gently. I've once paid a token to someone I don't know because he sent me 'complete plan' after he posted the structure for review. Some others have declined, I moved on. If you don't understand I'm not fluent in pigin.

Godisgreatest1:

My rule is once i contact any architect and he or she asks me to pay a certain fee before showing me a floor plan, I will quietly tell you 'bye bye' and move on with the next. Many of them here are guilty of such. They will tell you that if you don't like the plan they will adjust it. All that are empty stories. Only in Nigeria such thing happens. All architectural drawings i've received from foreign architects it is a different experience.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 9:47pm On Nov 03, 2020
No special issues to worry about other than the standard mix ratio and drying time allowance as it applies to other brands as well.

The green one (Classic or so) is actually preferred over Dangote for plastering by most artisans and professionals. We used over 1k bags for plastering recently with good results.

davodyguy:
Good evening guys.

I'm considering getting Elephant Cement for internal plastering in view of the high cost of Dangote Cement.

Anything to consider as risk or the negative effect?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Access14(m): 10:52pm On Nov 03, 2020
Thank you Sir..... Well received

One4me:

Click on the person's username to open their Profile.
You will see where it says "Send Private Message" (PM/DM).
Click and message the person,
It goes to the Email they used in registering for NLand.
End. undecided
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by One4me: 10:53pm On Nov 03, 2020
gbadexy:

I have premium emulsion with anti growth property and I have matte emulsion with anti growth and water repellent property.
My brand name is Regal paint and I supplied lots of good people here. Both in diasporas and those residents here across the whole region of the country.
I've posted video of the demonstration of the waterbeading effect of the water repellent paint on 2 to 3 different occasions in this thread and pictures of some of the projects I'm permitted to post are on my threads.
I make and supply acrylic based screeding putty also.

I know you, so l know you can do better than this!
Dont throw away Clients because you are a 'gentleman' who does not do aggressive marketing.

Put a link to those products, for the Client here, dont let him spend the next two hours looking for them.
Give them average price so they know what to expect, within +- variations.
Others like me who are not asking the question can also benefit, for future usage

Thank you Sir

All the above are still permissible, because it is a potential Client that was asking for it. undecided

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 11:03pm On Nov 03, 2020
megacontrol:
No special issues to worry about other than the standard mix ratio and drying time allowance as it applies to other brands as well.

The green one (Classic or so) is actually preferred over Dangote for plastering by most artisans and professionals. We used over 1k bags for plastering recently with good results.

So you can recommend the Classic type?

There's superset and classic
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ibk2020: 11:12pm On Nov 03, 2020

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:27pm On Nov 03, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 11:27pm On Nov 03, 2020
megacontrol:
But this is completely different from what you posited first.This just demonstrates how a lot of people here join the bandwagon.

Since you wrote those two versions yourself in english (and not pidgin), maybe communicating your train of thought in english is the problem afterall.

I knew you won't get it. You must be having issues with either your understanding or you understand but you can't consolidate. What's the highlighted for? Give your device to someone to help you translate.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sbanj18(m): 12:22am On Nov 04, 2020
https:///LtfjvpFjcsSFLkeH8eMBy1

If you're in Ìbàdàn or planning to settle in ibadan, you can follow that link to get your befitting apartment, we get you covered
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 1:30am On Nov 04, 2020
boay:
Hi everyone, for those interested in acquiring properties at Moniya in Ibadan, I have

1 acre of land for sale at Moniya/Akinyele Ibadan for 1.4m (This is negotiable)

Can you send me a whatsapp Message me on 07038935532.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 1:41am On Nov 04, 2020
donpata:
Pls does anyone know the current price of metcoppo roofing sheet 0.55?

It depends on how full the guage is.

We sell at 2350. South West price.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by One4me: 2:01am On Nov 04, 2020
I have been reading a few comments regarding Architectural drawings, since l asked an aggrieved member here to layout his complaints, about another member here and it is true that a lot of people are joining the bandwagon, without understanding the issues or having a shallow understanding of it or at worst, trying to be politically correct, which l dont do.

Firstly, l wanted Dennis 3D to have the opportunity to respond to the allegations, before asking Elders in the house to weigh-in but since the person involved, ibk202 said "I have moved-on", l decided there is no need to cry more than the bereaved, so l wont broach that issue anymore, let everyone draw their conclusions but l want to speak in the GENERAL SENSE, my opinion.

Let us look at the following scenarios, when a Client wants to build -
You contact an Architect for a Drawing:
a) Should the Architect ask you to bring money FIRST before he can do the drawing of what you want or does he does the drawing of what you want, show you and then you pay him
b) does he show you a sketch first and when you are not happy with the sketch, you ask for modifications , which when done, you pay him or does he insists on payment at this stage
c) Should he complete the drawing to your satisfaction and thereafter, ask for payment afterwards.

Each of the above scenario is fraught with potential pitfalls, if any of the two parties is greedy or a conman. So, let us take them one by one and we shall see why l said people are just joining the bandwagon.

PITFALLS
In scene (a):
If you pay the Archy FIRST and he does a shoddy job and you insist he should rework it but he either refuse or fails to do what you desire.
At this point, he can call your bluff and refuse to refund your money back, you are at his mercy!
Take note, Client has gained NOTHING for the effort of the Archy since what he asked for, is a Drawing that is fit for building and he did not get that, so he has to look for another Archy to do the job. So, the Client has lost all or some of his money!
How many of this kind of situation should a Client go through, before getting a drawing that is fit for purpose?
So, we can understand that person who said 'I will not pay UNLESS you give me a drawing that is fit for my purpose'.
What if the Archy is one that has the habit of collecting money from Clients and not taking time to do a good job that is usable or he is just not good at his job but keeps making money here and there (based on EFFORT), by taking advance payment that he refuses to refund when his job is not acceptable?
That is a Conman.

On the other hand, what about Clients that act as if they dont like the job that the Archy has sweated over and then refuse to pay for it, using one excuse or the other, even after all amendments have been satisfactorily done? The Client then makes away with such job and the Archy loses for all his effort? That is a Conman.

(b) In this option, the Archy FIRST does a SKETCH (no dimensions, just a layout or rough sketch) of the Plan for the Client to see and make amendments. Since it is nearly impossible to make a drawing the first time and not have the Client request for amendments because this is just like an Art work, 'two different eyes will always see it differently', the Client as a rule, will always have amendments to make.
At this point, the Archy can request for a 'commitment-payment' which covers his effort so far. Does the Client pay at this stage or insist that the amendments should be done to his satisfaction, before committing money? What if the Archy refuses to do any amendments at this point, except he is paid?
As, we saw in scenario (a) above, either of the party can be untruthful or unfaithful at each of this stages.
If a drawing is not complete, it is still not complete and not usable, so Client has to spend another round of money with another Archy.
For the Client, if the Archy refuses to do the modifications at this stage, he is still stuck with an UN-USABLE Drawing and as such, any money committed so far, is a loss to the Client, irrespective of the effort or best intention of the Archy. ConMan.

But what if the Archy does the modification and the Client disappears with his job, while still insisting that he is not satisfied with the job?
But l must point out that at this stage, since it is the Client that is determining what modifications he wants, it is very unlikely that if and when those modifications are done, the Client will disappear and refuse t o pay, because he has got a satisfactory job. In most cases, disagreements occur when Archy is not willing to accommodate the amendments of the Client.
But you never can tell if Client is a Conman

(c) Now, what if the Archy has taken his time to complete the job to the satisfaction of the Client, with dimensions and all and the Client still tries to fi[b][/b]nd a reason not to pay the Archy? this is not impossible because there are ConMen out there! What can the Archy do to ensure he gets paid?
This scenario is the exact opposite, or the other extreme of the stick, to what we had in scenario one (where a rogue Archy tries to dupe Clients by collecting advance payment and not doing the job to the satisfaction of the Client, while still not returning the initial payment), but here, it is the Client that collected a full and complete job from the Archy and is trying to use an unreasonable excuse to not pay the full money or the balance?

As we can see in all three cases, each party is capable of being unfaithful, along the line.
So, how do we strike a balance that protects the Client from extortion and pays the Archy his due, for his effort?
Nobody will like to pay for something that is not useful to them and a drawing that a Client cant use, is not useful to him, so he should not be paying for it, notwithstanding whatever EFFORT the Archy puts into it, Client is not paying for 'effort' but paying for a useful drawing. If you cant do the job properly, then dont expect to be paid for "effort". You are not engaged for "effort".

Archy in this situation must be patient and listen to the customer and try to fulfill their requirements, by amending the drawing to their satisfaction but with a written commitment from the Client to pay him as agreed.
Dont forget, what the Archy wants is PAYMENT for his drawing and what the Client wants is a USABLE DRAWING THAT MEETS HIS NEEDS.
I am sure a Client can be prosecuted, if he refuses to pay for a completed job, based on the amendments you asked the Archy to make and which he has made
. (Proof of their communication will prove that the amendments have been made and met).

Clients too must also understand that Archys and other service Providers, are family men with financial need and everyone deserves a reward for their trade. If he does your job, you have to pay for it otherwise, he can seek redress from the law and dont forget, their is a bigger Judge watching both of you and God help you if that your house does not crumble on your head one day, for eating somebody's sweat.
This idea that you can 'brain' someone into getting a professional job for free (except where it is their choice to provide it for free, as goodwill) is completely unacceptable.

Both Client and Archy can also agree on staged payment but it has to be such that dissuades the Archy from abandoning job just because he thinks he has got some money that covers his "effort". In most jobs, nobody pays for effort.
Making a small Advance/commitment fee is good, in my own opinion, once you get an initial sketch (say 10%) but just like any service provider, once the initial payment is high enough, complacency will set-in and no ones gets interested in doing the job where the remaining payment is not worth it anymore. So, l dont encourage a large down-payment.

The Julius Berger example someone used up there is totally irrelevant. JB is a known and established world Class institution, their jobs are usually first evaluated by Consultants who work for the Client, whose duty is to set and ensure specifications are met, before JB even makes a bid and we have never heard that JB collected money from a Client and did a shoddy job or disappears.

And no one pays for "bids", what happens is that you are required to pay a 'refundable amount' when bidding for a job and this is given back (to JB), if they dont get the job but JB does all the groundwork at its own cost.
Imagine if every Company that puts-in a lot of Effort (Transport, drawings, Writings, models, etc) in bidding for a job and they dont get it, is now asking the person giving out the job, to refund them back their initial costs of putting in the bid or to 'pay them for their effort'? shocked grin
Where does that happen? It does not work that way at all, not anywhere in th world.
Archys in other Climates, once they get a commission to do a job, they will do everything within their professional knowledge, to ensure the Customer is satisfied, and they get Paid at the end.
You should not expect to be Paid for a job not COMPLETELY DONE, just because you put in some EFFORT.
Insulting a Client is also enough reason to terminate any agreement, you just have to learn to be Professional and be Courteous.
when it comes to verbal back-and-forth, remember what they say: Customer is King and no one insults the King without getting a bloody nose. undecided

Ofcourse, the Client can out of his own decision/compassion, pay the Archy a small amount for "effort", where they cannot reach an agreement on the darwing but that is at his discretion and l encourage everyone to do so, for future goodwill.
What l think Professionals should always try to do is SATISFY the Customer's requirements and l am sure a lot of Archys do that and they dont have any complaint about not being paid.
Insulting or belittling the Customer is a just a red Flag for any Professional, even if you are think you are the best in the world. Human relationship is the greatest resource any Service provider can have, that is why companies spend heavily on PR and Customer Service.
Once your name is Tarnished, your Product is Tarnished.
Maybe some Service Provider gets too rich and too big for their Clients and think they cant take shit from Clients, if that is the case, then they should know that younger and more eager Providers are springing up daily. But if you are that 'Client from hell', you need to change your ways before you hurt and destroy yourself.
I have never heard any Client come here to complain that the likes of Spyder, Aventures, Gbadexy, Abdulwastesx, Kolashange and many more, have insulted him or her, why is that? Do they pick their own Clients from Jupiter or can it be that they go all out to satisfy their Clients?
Food for thought.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:07am On Nov 04, 2020
Here’s what’s obtainable in saner clime (see the attached below)

Some minor changes can be done onsite without modifying a plan at all. But to a novice, everything is a big deal!
Changing the room space or door location, changing interior walls, eliminating or changing windows, changing the facade and reconfiguring the kitchen but what do I know - in a jankara market “anything goes.”

There’s never a perfect plan. Things do change on the project site.

It’s pretty simple and not something to make a big deal of.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by donpata(m): 3:12am On Nov 04, 2020
KolaShangOne:

It depends on how full the guage is.

We sell at 2350. South West price.

Thanks sir. Can you pls educate me on what you mean by "how full the Guage is"? Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:30am On Nov 04, 2020
Our actions and words should always agree with each other.

Let’s not be quick to show the impressive things abroad and do things anyhow when we’re back home. Change starts with me.
Let’s begin to teach ourselves to do the right thing.

- Use professionals.
- Pay for their service.
- Encourage younger ones to up their game.

Someone here explained he had to pay for a foreign plan he asked his local architect to modify for him. That’s the right thing to do!

EgunMogaji2:

We both haunt most of the foreign sites where architects share floor plans and even dimensions.

How are they keeping alive then?

I saw the plans for my courtyard bungalow on eBay complete with dimensions.

I bought it and had Darenyx on here make some modifications for me.

I innocently share with the original architect, who I paid for the plan, that I made some changes.

A week later I got a letter in the mail from his lawyer advising me that I’m in violation of the plan ownership/purchase. That the only one allowed to make changes to it is his client.

My savings grace was that the build was happening in Africa. That was the loophole that it was not happening in North America but I still paid him a modification fee. Imagine if I didn’t actually buy the plan originally.

Long story short, architects can lawyer up too in Nigeria.

All I can say with certainty is that people are frequently extremely inconsistent.
We’re worried about global warming and yet drive around in heavy trucks.

________
If you saw what’s obtainable on eplans.com and other online house plan websites, and still felt the standard should be different in Naija, you’re part of the problem of this country. grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:03am On Nov 04, 2020
RahmonJago:

Please can I have the contact of your granite supplier? My Whatsapp is 08108199891

I don’t have a specific person. I’m lucky to be situated on the sand merchants route. I just flag down any truck that meets my spec.

Where your project is also dictates which quarry they’ll harvest from. Try to get an owner operator truck if you can.

Good luck on your project.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 4:07am On Nov 04, 2020
n3xt:
Here’s what’s obtainable in saner clime (see the attached below)

Some minor changes can be done onsite without modifying a plan at all. But to a novice, everything is a big deal!
Changing the room space or door location, changing interior walls, eliminating or changing windows, changing the facade and reconfiguring the kitchen but what do I know - in a jankara market “anything goes.”

There’s never a perfect plan. Things do change on the project site.

It’s pretty simple and not something to make a big deal of.

super Cool

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 4:18am On Nov 04, 2020
One4me:
I have been reading a few comments regarding Architectural drawings, since l asked an aggrieved member here to layout his complaints, about another member here and it is true that a lot of people are joining the bandwagon, without understanding the issues or having a shallow understanding of it or at worst, trying to be politically correct, which l dont do.

Firstly, l wanted Dennis 3D to have the opportunity to respond to the allegations, before asking Elders in the house to weigh-in but since the person involved, ibk202 said "I have moved-on", l decided there is no need to cry more than the bereaved, so l wont broach that issue anymore, let everyone draw their conclusions but l want to speak in the GENERAL SENSE, my opinion.

a) Should the Architect ask you to bring money FIRST before he can do the drawing of what you want or does he does the drawing of what you want, show you and then you pay him
b) does he show you a sketch first and when you are not happy with the sketch, you ask for modifications , which when done, you pay him or does he insists on payment at this stage
c) Should he complete the drawing to your satisfaction and thereafter, ask for payment afterwards.

Each of the above scenario is fraught with potential pitfalls, if any of the two parties is greedy or a conman. So, let us take them one by one and we shall see why l said people are just joining the bandwagon.

PITFALLS
In scene (a):
If you pay the Archy FIRST and he does a shoddy job and you insist he should rework it but he either refuse or fails to do what you desire.
At this point, he can call your bluff and refuse to refund your money back, you are at his mercy!
Take note, Client has gained NOTHING for the effort of the Archy since what he asked for, is a Drawing that is fit for building and he did not get that, so he has to look for another Archy to do the job. So, the Client has lost all or some of his money!
How many of this kind of situation should a Client go through, before getting a drawing that is fit for purpose?
So, we can understand that person who said 'I will not pay UNLESS you give me a drawing that is fit for my purpose'.
What if the Archy is one that has the habit of collecting money from Clients and not taking time to do a good job that is usable or he is just not good at his job but keeps making money here and there (based on EFFORT), by taking advance payment that he refuses to refund when his job is not acceptable?
That is a Conman.

On the other hand, what about Clients that act as if they dont like the job that the Archy has sweated over and then refuse to pay for it, using one excuse or the other, even after all amendments have been satisfactorily done? The Client then makes away with such job and the Archy loses for all his effort? That is a Conman.

(b) In this option, the Archy FIRST does a SKETCH (no dimensions, just a layout or rough sketch) of the Plan for the Client to see and make amendments. Since it is nearly impossible to make a drawing the first time and not have the Client request for amendments because this is just like an Art work, 'two different eyes will always see it differently', the Client as a rule, will always have amendments to make.
At this point, the Archy can request for a 'commitment-payment' which covers his effort so far. Does the Client pay at this stage or insist that the amendments should be done to his satisfaction, before committing money? What if the Archy refuses to do any amendments at this point, except he is paid?
As, we saw in scenario (a) above, either of the party can be untruthful or unfaithful at each of this stages.
If a drawing is not complete, it is still not complete and not usable, so Client has to spend another round of money with another Archy.
For the Client, if the Archy refuses to do the modifications at this stage, he is still stuck with an UN-USABLE Drawing and as such, any money committed so far, is a loss to the Client, irrespective of the effort or best intention of the Archy. ConMan.

But what if the Archy does the modification and the Client disappears with his job, while still insisting that he is not satisfied with the job?
But l must point out that at this stage, since it is the Client that is determining what modifications he wants, it is very unlikely that if and when those modifications are done, the Client will disappear and refuse t o pay, because he has got a satisfactory job. In most cases, disagreements occur when Archy is not willing to accommodate the amendments of the Client.

(c) Now, what if the Archy has taken his time to complete the job to the satisfaction of the Client, with dimensions and all and the Client still tries to fi[b][/b]nd a reason not to pay the Archy? this is not impossible because there are ConMen out there! What can the Archy do to ensure he gets paid?
This scenario is the exact opposite, or the other extreme of the stick, to what we had in scenario one (where a rogue Archy tries to dupe Clients by collecting advance payment and not doing the job to the satisfaction of the Client, while still not returning the initial payment), but here, it is the Client that collected a full and complete job from the Archy and is trying to use an unreasonable excuse to not pay the full money or the balance?

As we can see in all three cases, each party is capable of being unfaithful, along the line.
So, how do we strike a balance that protects the Client from extortion and pays the Archy his due, for his effort?
Nobody will like to pay for something that is not useful to them and a drawing that a Client cant use, is not useful to him, so he should not be paying for it, notwithstanding whatever EFFORT the Archy puts into it, Client is not paying for 'effort' but paying for a useful drawing. If you cant do the job properly, then dont expect to be paid for "effort". You are not engaged for "effort".

Archy in this situation must be patient and listen to the customer and try to fulfill their requirements, by amending the drawing to their satisfaction but with a written commitment from the Client to pay him as agreed.
Dont forget, what the Archy wants is PAYMENT for his drawing and what the Client wants is a USABLE DRAWING THAT MEETS HIS NEEDS.
I am sure a Client can be prosecuted, if he refuses to pay for a completed job, based on the amendments you asked the Archy to make and which he has made
. (Proof of their communication will prove that the amendments have been made and met).

Clients too must also understand that Archys and other service Providers, are family men with financial need and everyone deserves a reward for their trade. If he does your job, you have to pay for it otherwise, he can seek redress from the law and dont forget, their is a bigger Judge watching both of you and God help you if that your house does not crumble on your head one day, for eating somebody's sweat.
This idea that you can 'brain' someone into getting a professional job for free (except where it is their choice to provide it for free, as goodwill) is completely unacceptable.

Both Client and Archy can also agree on staged payment but it has to be such that dissuades the Archy from abandoning job just because he thinks he has got some money that covers his "effort". In most jobs, nobody pays for effort.
Making a small Advance/commitment fee is good, in my own opinion, once you get an initial sketch (say 10%) but just like any service provider, once the initial payment is high enough, complacency will set-in and no ones gets interested in doing the job where the remaining payment is not worth it anymore. So, l dont encourage a large down-payment.

The Julius Berger example someone used up there is totally irrelevant. JB is a known and established world Class institution, their jobs are usually first evaluated by Consultants who work for the Client, whose duty is to set and ensure specifications are met, before JB even makes a bid and we have never heard that JB collected money from a Client and did a shoddy job or disappears.

And no one pays for "bids", what happens is that you are required to pay a 'refundable amount' when bidding for a job and this is given back (to JB), if they dont get the job but JB does all the groundwork at its own cost.
Imagine if every Company that puts-in a lot of Effort (Transport, drawings, Writings, models, etc) in bidding for a job and they dont get it, is now asking the person giving out the job, to refund them back their initial costs of putting in the bid or to 'pay them for their effort'? shocked grin
Where does that happen? It does not work that way at all, not anywhere in th world.
Archys in other Climates, once they get a commission to do a job, they will do everything within their professional knowledge, to ensure the Customer is satisfied, and they get Paid at the end.
You should not expect to be Paid for a job not COMPLETELY DONE, just because you put in some EFFORT.
Insulting a Client is also enough reason to terminate any agreement, you just have to learn to be Professional and be Courteous.
when it comes to verbal back-and-forth, remember what they say: Customer is King and no one insults the King without getting a bloody nose. undecided

Ofcourse, the Client can out of his own decision/compassion, pay the Archy a small amount for "effort", where they cannot reach an agreement on the darwing but that is at his discretion and l encourage everyone to do so, for future goodwill.
What l think Professionals should always try to do is SATISFY the Customer's requirements and l am sure a lot of Archys do that and they dont have any complaint about not being paid.
Insulting or belittling the Customer is a just a red Flag for any Professional, even if you are think you are the best in the world. Human relationship is the greatest resource any Service provider can have, that is why companies spend heavily on PR and Customer Service.
Maybe some Service Provider gets too rich and too big for their Clients and think they cant take shit from Clients, if that is the case, then they should know that younger and more eager Providers are springing up daily. But if you are that 'Client from hell', you need to change your ways before you hurt and destroy yourself.
I have never heard any Client come here to complain that the likes of Spyder, Aventures, Gbadexy, Abdulwastesx, Kolashange and many more, have insulted him or her, why is that? Do they pick their own Clients from Jupiter or can it be that they go all out to satisfy their Clients?
Food for thought.

the client's consultant does not get paid by the client for their assessment or evaluation right?

that jb is a well-known brand doesn't mean they don't go through this process too due to some even predicted situations on site that makes them do changes or correction but do you expect them to come to the press to let you know they are working to amend or adjust drawings. so how irrelevant is using them as illustration distinguished?

on a normal day n at saner spaces, consultancy fee is paid before proceeding deep into any of such which is usually a fair amount to both parties.
edaakun, e fimile oh.

we only support good customer service relationship and satisfaction over all, there are jobs you take and make almost nothing on it due to clients corrections n amendments that takes the time you could have well used for other designs.

but you stand to get referrals and you end up selling more and make your cool cash at the end

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:30am On Nov 04, 2020
Tezcatlipoca:
Hello everyone, please I stay in a decked apartment but yet to complete the building on top of it and the heat is so unbearable. Is dere something that can be done or placed on top of the building to reduce the heat please?

Hmmm..so it’s true cry
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:34am On Nov 04, 2020
coretechng1:
Good evening house. Does anyone knows chinese companies that build houses for clients in Lekki axis. I learnt that do good job and are cheap.

This is an interesting development.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:35am On Nov 04, 2020
cjfbn:
Please who knows what marble effect is.
My POP guy wants to do it on my POP tv stand.
I don't really know what it is.
Can someone assist explain, maybe with pictures?

Do you mind sharing his details?

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:40am On Nov 04, 2020
Jasobry:
My Kobo Kobo 3 bedroom bungalow... Plastering to commence soon...

Good luck on your project.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:57am On Nov 04, 2020
jeffdaniel:

I love this topic, i wish i was here 6 weeks ago to read these comments, it would have helped me in the decision I made just last week. angry

What did you end up doing?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:03am On Nov 04, 2020
adezie:

I couldn't help laughing when he said you are talking to him like an employee. Biko what is he supposed to be after collecting money for a job? Mr "I am too busy" but he has time to open school and give lecture. Now he is claiming 25k for his yeye time. I don't even want to talk abt that colleague that is supporting nonsense. please ensure you collect your remaining balance. Its a wonder how he got this far with such pride.

I will pursue him to the ends of the earth. You’ll rubbish me and then still keep my money? grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:06am On Nov 04, 2020
Godisgreatest1:

Free how??..Both architects i've had the opportunity to work with sent floor plans for a 3D I chose before they received their payments in 'full'. They are in this platform- I paid '65K' for the first 4 bedroom bungalow and '50K' for the second 4 bedroom bungalow. I'm not forcing you to send floor plan, please keep it to yourself. I will as well keep the money in my pocket gently. I've once paid a token to someone I don't know because he sent me 'complete plan' after he posted the structure for review. Some others have declined, I moved on. If you don't understand I'm not fluent in pigin.

One of them posts plans on this forum. I mistakenly asked him if he had a different option on a plan he already posted. His response was he doesn’t give free plans.

I like when artisans show their hands early.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:11am On Nov 04, 2020
Sbanj18:
https:///LtfjvpFjcsSFLkeH8eMBy1

If you're in Ìbàdàn or planning to settle in ibadan, you can follow that link to get your befitting apartment, we get you covered

La Click, La Bend grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:20am On Nov 04, 2020
One4me:

PITFALLS
In scene (a):
That is a Conman.

Food for thought.

There are some vendors on here that I wouldn’t patronize even if they paid me.

And there are some that I’ll get on a waiting list for.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:27am On Nov 04, 2020
An 85-year-old primary school in Shanghai has been lifted off the ground — in its entirety — and relocated using new technology dubbed the "walking machine."

https://cnn.it/2HFzf40

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cjfbn: 5:49am On Nov 04, 2020
I am still waiting for explanations on marble stucco effect.
Please assist.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cjfbn: 5:51am On Nov 04, 2020
[quote author=EgunMogaji2 post=95662225]

Do you mind sharing his details?

Thanks.[/quote
His name is Richard.
His base is aba.
Tell him that CJ gave you his number.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 7:19am On Nov 04, 2020
One4me:

I know you, so l know you can do better than this!
Dont throw away Clients because you are a 'gentleman' who does not do aggressive marketing.

Put a link to those products, for the Client here, dont let him spend the next two hours looking for them.
Give them average price so they know what to expect, within +- variations.
Others like me who are not asking the question can also benefit, for future usage

Thank you Sir

All the above are still permissible, because it is a potential Client that was asking for it. undecided

Thank you very much sir I will do the needful and tag him.
May God continue to bless and enrich all you good elders maintaining sanity here and providing quality leadership for us.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1721) (1722) (1723) (1724) (1725) (1726) (1727) ... (3670) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: praise010(m), Olusojisorunmu(m), acorntree(m), Rany4all(m), Geekop and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.