Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,633 members, 7,820,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1722) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4402865 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1719) (1720) (1721) (1722) (1723) (1724) (1725) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sam1919: 9:10pm On Nov 02, 2020
See me your number
GoodFaith:

Red sand two in one 8k to 9k
Red sand four in one is 18k to 22k
I can help you out if Sapele rd.
sand for block is four in one 33k-- you might get it 30k--iI AM PAY 33K- I THINK I GOT PLAYED
Call this tripe driver man 08027070900
Just tell him the dude that have a house opposite is house and project at sapele
He drive two in one but ask for four in one better deal--(Price, don't take the price he give you
You must have a trusted person there or Any time they bring sand they MUST VIEDO CALL YOU
I have a second contact for you
send me your email
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 9:18pm On Nov 02, 2020
Centrallock:
Please i need an estimate for a water tank stand, I wish to build a stand high enough to pump from the tank to my house. Just two rooms, toilet and kitchen.
if it's bungalow, 12ft with a single 1000 gallons tank will be good. If it's a storey building, 25-28ft with two 750 gallons above and another 500 on the middle

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sam1919: 9:22pm On Nov 02, 2020
Thank you so much! I just called the number. He said he will give me the 2 in one red sand for 13k. Said they have added price and cost of everything. But he later said he will not agrrr more than 12k.Is that price fair And Please the 2 in one and the 4 in one which is more better ?
GoodFaith:

Red sand two in one 8k to 9k
Red sand four in one is 18k to 22k
I can help you out if Sapele rd.
sand for block is four in one 33k-- you might get it 30k--iI AM PAY 33K- I THINK I GOT PLAYED
Call this driver 08027070900
Just tell him the dude that have a house opposite is house and project at sapele
He drive two in one but ask for four in one better deal--(Price, don't take the price he give you
You must have a trusted person there or Any time they bring sand they MUST VIEDO CALL YOU
I have a second contact for you
send me your email
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 10:02pm On Nov 02, 2020
Good evening all!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ibk2020: 10:06pm On Nov 02, 2020

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 10:19pm On Nov 02, 2020
Ibk2020:

Chaiii... Dennis3D rude no be small.
Hajj m recommend him, that was why I trusted him. I regret knowing Dennis3D

Hmmm

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by donbrowser(m): 10:23pm On Nov 02, 2020
Access14:
Pls how do someone DM on Nairaland?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 10:39pm On Nov 02, 2020
My Kobo Kobo 3 bedroom bungalow... Plastering to commence soon...

12 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by One4me: 11:00pm On Nov 02, 2020
Chekitaut:
I felt tears inside of me when reading, its God grace all through. I understand & know my short-coming, i have done all businesses dynamics to be able to satisfy client(s), but something remain unchanged which is Time, I have read lots on how to manage time but something is still missing, All the people i run this business with are more of illiterate, seems not to understand time but money. Various challenges in field of work even as it involves transportation.

From truck owners to Drivers, the only time its can be sweet is when its their personal jobs. If am booked they careless when their job comes in after i
must hv paid for like 3day upfront, they don't understand bridge breach of contract, thats first disappointment.

Condition of the truck is highly important to truck owner & to me aswell, attending to repair of truck is another disappointment. Second disappointment

Driver's condition aswell, If a driver tells you or the truck owner he want to sleep, you don't dare him to force him drive. Third disappointment

Every driver is scared of Police, Road Safety Officer, VIO only the driver that really know the strength of his truck owner is confident to approach any of law enforcement agent, Lagos LASMA worsen the whole matter, more weight on commercial vehicles, this affect confident of drivers. Forth disappointment.

Also traffic on high way and[b] many more.[/b]

But this is not a regular occurance, when one of these aforementioned disappointment comes up, it will definitely affects orders. Putting into consideration the years or the life span of the truck moving the consignment. All still narrowed down to TIME.

To all Builder's or Homeowner's, Don't be in a hurry to mobilise artisan to site when materials is not available on site...

@One4me thank you, i have never taking criticism as the wrong way. I see it as a reflection to correct wherever is required. @Thenext thanks for the recommendation & review. 90tons Granite from us will complete your project.

Check-it-out!
I can relate with your challenges up there. I agree that Nigeria is one wild environment where things dont always go according to plan and l can only pray and wish you more growth and success, in your chosen occupation.
Just keep trying to put in your best and be extremely OPEN with your Customers, they will understand and be considerate. once they come to understand that your YES, is your YES.
It is just like Husband and Wife, once you TRUST your Wife, it odes not matter what happens, she only needs to inform you and you will find a way to accommodate it/her but once there is no trust, no matter what she says, there will always be suspicion and that is where the trouble stars from.
So, HONESTY and TRUST are the two most important ingredient, along with HUMILITY, to grow a business.

I have a very strong feeling you are rebuilding and coming back stronger, dont relent, God is your strength.
Let me go to the funky part:
I know it is not easy to save but 'savings' is the first money we 'spend' (keep aside) when we get salary or make profit.
1) Keep money aside, to build your business.
2) All these banks that see the turn-around in yoru business, can you approach them for a Loan, can you access Govt, business loans, to grow your business?
3) Since you cant afford buying a truck, just like that, can you buy a Smaller vehicle (Bus, Van, Canter, etc) that you can use in running smaller business, so it brings you income that you can now keep saving till it gets to the point where you can use it as a collateral to obtain a bigger bank loan?
4) Are you honest and straightforward enough, to the point that one of these Diasporeans can go into business partnership with you, send a truck down to Nigeria and you operate it on a 40/60 basis (or any other suitable percentage), saving most of your own part and looking forward to either buy-out the Oga in London/America or just build the business more and more, on the basis of that formula?

I am making these suggestions because l think you cannot allow yourself to be subject to all those problems, real problems above. You have to start thinking of stabilising your business and building a name for yourself. You wont be able to do so, if you have to depend on those drivers for the success of your business name. Nigeria is a harsh business environment.

Forgive me for carrying your matter on-top of my head, na those Poisoned Indomie Palliative dey worry me. grin
God bless your hustle, keep is honest and simple.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by One4me: 11:03pm On Nov 02, 2020
Takoro13:
Is it advisable to wait small maybe price of pop materials will comedown or I shld go ahead and borrow money for the work thinking the price may continue to go up.

My pop man wan kill me ni ooo

Price of Building materials ALWAYS GO UP as we approach December, because everyone wants to rush, complete and move-in between Christmas and New Year! undecided

Me, l always start building or making financial purchases in mid January, when everyone is Broke! grin
That way, l get the best for my kobokobo. undecided

If Landlord is not acting funny, just wait for some weeks, price will come down definitely.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by One4me: 11:05pm On Nov 02, 2020
Takoro13:
Is it advisable to wait small maybe price of pop materials will comedown or I shld go ahead and borrow money for the work thinking the price may continue to go up.

My pop man wan kill me ni ooo

Price of Building materials ALWAYS GO UP as we approach December, because everyone wants to rush, complete and move-in between Christmas and New Year! undecided
Why would you borrow money, to buy in a time of rising prices? shocked

Me, l always start building or making financial purchases in mid January, when everyone is Broke! grin
That way, l get the best for my kobokobo. undecided

If Landlord is not acting funny, just wait for some weeks, price will come down definitely.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by One4me: 11:09pm On Nov 02, 2020
Dennis3D:

Sorry about the incident, we are much better now. All we have always wanted is to provide efficient services to our clients the best way we can. In cases where we fall short, we accept responsibility, apologise and make amends. Thanks for your concern too. I appreciate that.

I am highly impressed wit this response!
Dennis3D, you are game.
undecided
I read your argument with a member here, some fifty or so pages ago but your post above shows that you are gradually joining the Big Club.
That is how they got there, HUMILITY, HONESTY and RESPONSIBILITY.
Keep it up Bro, God bless your hustle.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by One4me: 11:12pm On Nov 02, 2020
coretechng1:
Good evening house. Does anyone knows chinese companies that build houses for clients in Lekki axis. I learnt that do good job and are cheap.

I can name five to seven Builders here who will do a better job than any Chinese Company out there in Lekki Axis.
Just ask.
If you say German, European, American, Japanese, maybe you will be right but "Chinese working in Nigeria"? shocked
It is like looking for a Honest Lebanese in Nigeria, you will search tire because they are all crooks. undecided angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by One4me: 11:15pm On Nov 02, 2020
Ibk2020:

Chaiii... Dennis3D rude no be small.
Hajj m recommend him, that was why I trusted him. I regret knowing Dennis3D

shocked shocked grin grin grin grin grin
I think he is getting better, l agree with you that he was very rude when he just joined this thread, he abuse everybody and had a chip on his Shoulder but judging from his recent posts, l am convinced he is a better person now, compared to them.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by One4me: 11:17pm On Nov 02, 2020
Access14:
Pls how do someone DM on Nairaland?

Click on the person's username to open their Profile.
You will see where it says "Send Private Message" (PM/DM).
Click and message the person,
It goes to the Email they used in registering for NLand.
End. undecided

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by One4me: 11:22pm On Nov 02, 2020
Jasobry:
My Kobo Kobo 3 bedroom bungalow... Plastering to commence soon...

Waoh! Waoh!! Waoh!!!(dont worry, that is just me sounding like a Police Dog in front of a bank ) grin grin

Your Roof colour is very nice.
The height is also not too excessive and the fact that your broke it up with shapes and that pigeon hole, makes it look really, really nice.
Welldone. more grease to your elbow. kiss kiss

PS: I hope you will chose very complimentary colors, for the walls so that it can really bring out the beauty with the Roof.
No shouting or primary colours, my opinion
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 11:23pm On Nov 02, 2020
One4me:

Check-it-out!
I can relate with your challenges up there. I agree that Nigeria is one wild environment where things dont always go according to plan and l can only pray and wish you more growth and success, in your chosen occupation.
Just keep trying to put in your best and be extremely OPEN with your Customers, they will understand and be considerate. once they come to understand that your YES, is your YES.
It is just like Husband and Wife, once you TRUST your Wife, it odes not matter what happens, she only needs to inform you and you will find a way to accommodate it/her but once there is no trust, no matter what she says, there will always be suspicion and that is where the trouble stars from.
So, HONESTY and TRUST are the two most important ingredient, along with HUMILITY, to grow a business.

I have a very strong feeling you are rebuilding and coming back stronger, dont relent, God is your strength.
Let me go to the funky part:
I know it is not easy to save but 'savings' is the first money we 'spend' (keep aside) when we get salary or make profit.
1) Keep money aside, to build your business.
2) All these banks that see the turn-around in yoru business, can you approach them for a Loan, can you access Govt, business loans, to grow your business?
3) Since you cant afford buying a truck, just like that, can you buy a Smaller vehicle (Bus, Van, Canter, etc) that you can use in running smaller business, so it brings you income that you can now keep saving till it gets to the point where you can use it as a collateral to obtain a bigger bank loan?
4) Are you honest and straightforward enough, to the point that one of these Diasporeans can go into business partnership with you, send a truck down to Nigeria and you operate it on a 40/60 basis (or any other suitable percentage), saving most of your own part and looking forward to either buy-out the Oga in London/America or just build the business more and more, on the basis of that formula?

I am making these suggestions because l think you cannot allow yourself to be subject to all those problems, real problems above. You have to start thinking of stabilising your business and building a name for yourself. You wont be able to do so, if you have to depend on those drivers for the success of your business name. Nigeria is a harsh business environment.

Forgive me for carrying your matter on-top of my head, na those Poisoned Indomie Palliative dey worry me. grin
God bless your hustle, keep is honest and simple.
We have now... Its minimal now. Demand is what we are seriously looking how to satisfy all customers. One truck can not serve. Thanks so much. I wish a tete-a-tete if given the privilege.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ibk2020: 11:33pm On Nov 02, 2020

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 11:43pm On Nov 02, 2020
Good evening everyone. As to my agreement with oga Valencia 2020 to make all my dealings with him as to regards his work at his country home public, I want to tell you my oga dem that we both have agreed on design and payment modalities and look forward to the commencement of the job soonest. Attached is the design he choose and my payment arrangement with him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 1:39am On Nov 03, 2020
sam1919:
Thank you so much! I just called the number. He said he will give me the 2 in one red sand for 13k. Said they have added price and cost of everything. But he later said he will not agrrr more than 12k.Is that price fair And Please the 2 in one and the 4 in one which is more better ?

his price is too high
tell him 10K
if he didn't agree
sent me your phone number or your email
I will give you a second person
if he don't do for 10k " F him"
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by One4me: 3:41am On Nov 03, 2020
Ibk2020:

Just few weeks ago, man abuse me, refused to refund till date.
He just dy disguise, looking for next victim to abuse grin

Just few weeks ago, man abuse me, refused to refund till date.
He just dy disguise, looking for next victim to abuse...

Report the matter to the whole house here, with clear evidence of what happened.
House will look into it and ask him for his own version and then House will advise on the next step.
We have a duty to protect everyone here (Client, Suppliers, Contractors, Hobbists, etc) and sanitise the environment.

One Person can cook for a whole Community, that is fine!
But very dangerous when a whole Community Cook for you......
Whatever we bound on Earth, is bound in Heaven. undecided lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by One4me: 3:46am On Nov 03, 2020
michlins:
Good evening everyone. As to my agreement with oga Valencia 2020 to make all my dealings with him as to regards his work at his country home public, I want to tell you my oga dem that we both have agreed on design and payment modalities and look forward to the commencement of the job soonest. Attached is the design he choose and my payment arrangement with him

Thats nice to hear.
You can keep the payment schedule and amount between the two of you for now (we dont really need to see the figures) unless "something like American election" happens. grin grin
Dont show us the very private communications between the two of you (at least for now), he might not like it posted, just for privacy reasons.
We trust you and we trust him until anyone proves otherwise.
But you can keep updating us on the progress of the work` undecided

Weldone

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 6:07am On Nov 03, 2020
Where can I get both products sir? I have not painted . Was even thinking screeding done with cement would stop it . Kindly give me the names of the products I dont like tiles on building surface

gbadexy:

If you haven't yet painted it, you could use specially formulated anti growth/algae- fungi paint or water repellent paint or combination of both.
The herbicide would prevent the growth on the surface and water repellent paint would prevent growth as there needs to be constant moisture for the growth to appear and the wall would shed water and get dry with the latter option.
If you have painted the wall already, use concentrated bleach solution to spray it and scrub it off and apply the anti growth paint with water repellent property to keep the surface dry.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 6:16am On Nov 03, 2020
One4me:

Waoh! Waoh!! Waoh!!!(dont worry, that is just me sounding like a Police Dog in front of a bank ) grin grin

Your Roof colour is very nice.
The height is also not too excessive and the fact that your broke it up with shapes and that pigeon hole, makes it look really, really nice.
Welldone. more grease to your elbow. kiss kiss

PS: I hope you will chose very complimentary colors, for the walls so that it can really bring out the beauty with the Roof.
No shouting or primary colours, my opinion

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 6:39am On Nov 03, 2020
KIDfurniture:
Where can I get both products sir? I have not painted . Was even thinking screeding done with cement would stop it . Kindly give me the names of the products I dont like tiles on building surface

I know some paint brands offer products with anti growth property but I can't promote another brand since I own a brand and my products offer both properties.
You could specifically ask for paints with anti growth or anti algae/fungi.
Screeding may prevent it but the binder would have to be much so that it's not porous to allow absorption moisture and it has to be preferably a basecoat or acrylic based screeding materials.
The various bond used to screed are PVA and even on their own don't withstand moisture. If you use them for paint and wet it, it would soften and rub easily when rubbed.
I assume if the plastering was rich in cement and it's dense, you may not experience the growth since it won't allow for water to be soaking much or staying long on the surface.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 7:04am On Nov 03, 2020
One4me:

I am highly impressed wit this response!
Dennis3D, you are game.
undecided
I read your argument with a member here, some fifty or so pages ago but your post above shows that you are gradually joining the Big Club.
That is how they got there, HUMILITY, HONESTY and RESPONSIBILITY.
Keep it up Bro, God bless your hustle.

Thank you.
We will always endeavor to do that which is right at all times.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sam1919: 7:11am On Nov 03, 2020
Thank you boss! 08175183529 is my number or you can send me yours
GoodFaith:

his price is too high
tell him 10K
if he didn't agree
sent me your phone number or your email
I will give you a second person
if he don't do for 10k " F him"

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 7:14am On Nov 03, 2020
Hajji Mufutau thanks for this wonderful thread..
2m+ Views that's Cool

The thread is life saver for those that utilize it very well and for anybody that came to this thread and your intension is to scam member here..
God will shame you
Infact you will know peace in your Life..

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ibk2020: 8:00am On Nov 03, 2020

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:12am On Nov 03, 2020
One4me:

Thats nice to hear.
You can keep the payment schedule and amount between the two of you for now (we dont really need to see the figures) unless "something like American election" happens. grin grin
Dont show us the very private communications between the two of you (at least for now), he might not like it posted, just for privacy reasons.
We trust you and we trust him until anyone proves otherwise.
But you can keep updating us on the progress of the work` undecided

Weldone
he asked me to do what I did. He's aware that our conversation is here
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:43am On Nov 03, 2020
Ibk2020:
sad

The other guy in the same estate that used this plan has one of the best structure in the estate. So I guess Ilorin architect are not up compare to lagos architect.

Biko let me live lagos building structure in Ilorin ooo...

Good morning @ibk2020

If people ask questions on this platform and building professionals chose to stay silent, we feel bad.

What did you do to the architect who draw the initial design that you condemned despite all the advices given to you? He’s not a nairalander right and he has nothing to lose.

Whatever you’re doing right now say a lot more about you than Dennis?

Even if Dennis is wrong and you are right, I think you should counsel the young guy and not expect someone like me to clap for you for trying to bring down a young and promising guy - that’s if you know better than him. I noticed even Hajj mufutau55 stepped in.

I chose to go silent on you when I saw your approach. That’s the mistake Dennis made.
Instead of a confrontation, next time spell out terms and condition of your service before going ahead with any client. I repeat ANY

Good to see your project is advancing. More brick and mortar to your project.

Edit: My post is in no way trying to defend Dennis (I dont even know him). I just believe we can do better as human.
_______
For those who’d pick on me, I’m not well o and I can take Nairaland vacation for you to sooth yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:54am On Nov 03, 2020
Needed Urgently: Half Bag Concrete Mixers

I am looking for used or refurbished concrete mixers to buy.
Qty - 5 pcs

Please kindly tag anyone who have this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1719) (1720) (1721) (1722) (1723) (1724) (1725) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: CircleOfWilis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.