Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:41 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1956) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4377698 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1953) (1954) (1955) (1956) (1957) (1958) (1959) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:02am On Jan 28, 2021
Badgers14:

Maybe the government shouldn't be approving those plans.

The government in a way might be aiding all this poor design, poor construction and all.

Do we even have statutory requirements in Nigeria?

Are the appropriate authorities enforcing it? Or they just care about all the fees you have to pay ?

Most buildings in naija do not have building plan approval. Those who do always build something different from what was approved.

We have building codes document that most professionals don’t even care about.

The enforcing agencies only care about fees and the kickbacks. The regulatory bodies only care about titles and salaries. All you hear them say is I’m a licensed professional lipsrsealed

When leadership get better, everyone wins.

Pic - Entrance leading to Disttict Approval Office in a south west state. You can imagine what yo expect

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 7:02am On Jan 28, 2021
So how much was added to the product and whats the new official selling price from manufacturer?

This report doesn't say much.

somehow:
https://dailytrust.com/cement-fg-cautions-against-panic-buying

Caution against panic buying of cement.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 7:46am On Jan 28, 2021
n3xt:

Most buildings in naija do not have building plan approval. Those who do always build something different from what was approved.

We have building codes document that most professionals don’t even care about.

The enforcing agencies only care about fees and the kickbacks. The regulatory bodies only care about titles and salaries. All you hear them say is I’m a licensed professional lipsrsealed

When leadership get better, everyone wins.

Pic - Entrance leading to Disttict Approval Office in a south west state. You can imagine what yo expect

grin grin

And they will come out from an office Like that to tell an owner this and that..

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:57am On Jan 28, 2021
Badgers14:

grin grin

And they will come out from an office Like that to tell an owner this and that..

They’re the govt!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 8:09am On Jan 28, 2021
rotecch77:

No web presently for this
But I can post to the number you posted here

Good Morning Brotherly
Please just a reminder to the sending of the pix of those hand crafted doors you once posted done by your friend.
I'm still expecting to see them.
The number to send via whatsapp remains +234.902.777.9642.

Thanks once again.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:11am On Jan 28, 2021
n3xt:
Updates: Ogun Affordable Home Scheme

Attn: Subscribers

- Some receipt are ready. Please kindly get in touch to confirm if your receipt is ready.

- Sales of form is temporarily on hold for now. It may resume in the upper week.

- New schemes have commenced in Siun, Iperu, Ijebu Ode, Otta.

- Those who have received their receipt can start making payments.

- Prince Court, Abeokuta is fully ready for habitation. I’ll do a tour of the project sometimes next week on kobocity.com

- For more details, follow us on https://www.kobocity.com/d/55-informationupdates-on-various-low-cost-housing-schemes

_______

Pic 1&2 - Prince Court

Update:

For those who requested for form last week, sales of form for the Ogun State Affordable Housing Scheme has resumed.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 8:17am On Jan 28, 2021
n3xt:

Update:

For those who requested for form last week, sales of form for the Ogun State Affordable Housing Scheme has resumed.

Just curious on how this process works, does everyone that purchase form and capable of financing the house be allocated one or is the allocation done by lottery?

I ask because many Federal housing estate I know of or heard of.. they always say low income/ affordable housing bla bla but low income people don't live there.. it is always rich people that end up living in places like that.

When someone buys form, you go waka back and forth to the office tire..

I hope that's not the case here..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:19am On Jan 28, 2021
Badgers14:

Just curious on how this process works, does everyone that purchase form and capable of financing the house be allocated one or is the allocation done by lottery?

I ask because many Federal housing estate I know of or heard of.. they always say low income housing bla bla but low income people don't live there.. it is always rich people that end up living in places like that.

When someone buys form, you go waka back and forth to the office tire..

I hope that's not the case here..

On this, it is on first-come-first-serve basis. It’s not lottery.

Some have even finished making their payments to the govt. The govt need to recoup their investment so allocation goes to those who have completed their payments and those who are financed by Gateway Mortgage Bank
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hairbyuj(f): 8:24am On Jan 28, 2021
Please how much be the price of

1ton of 10MM,

12MM

16MM iron rod

Site is in Awoyaya.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:30am On Jan 28, 2021
hairbyuj:

1ton of 10MM,

12MM

16MM iron rod

Site is in Awoyaya.

@ Amastermovic
@ mountmoriah

Both of them are Kobocity verified suppliers. They’ll attend to this shortly.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 8:31am On Jan 28, 2021
n3xt:

On this, it is on first-come-first-serve basis. It’s not lottery.

Some have even finished making their payments to the govt. The govt need to recoup their investment so allocation goes to those who have completed their payments and those who are financed by Gateway Mortgage Bank

Thanks. At least the system is working a lot better.very happy to hear that!

I hope government are not allowing one big man to buy this wholesale and then resale to the highest bidder.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:37am On Jan 28, 2021
Badgers14:

Thanks. At least the system is working a lot better.very happy to hear that!

I hope government are not allowing one big man to buy this wholesale and then resale to the highest bidder.

No! I’ve obtained my form and I’m paying gradually.

There’s no such thing as big-man-bully. It’s what you accept. Me I don’t take nonsense and such bs don’t happen around me. grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by neduboo(m): 9:00am On Jan 28, 2021
Cement has climbed up in my area in Lagos. I bought cement #2900 per bag last week Monday, now it's selling for #3000 per bag
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hairbyuj(f): 9:05am On Jan 28, 2021
OK I await your response

n3xt:

@ Amastermovic
@ mountmoriah

Both of them are Kobocity verified suppliers. They’ll attend to this shortly.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:06am On Jan 28, 2021
neduboo:
Cement has climbed up in my area in Lagos. I bought cement #2900 per bag last week Monday, now it's selling for #3000 per bag

It’ll likely go a little higher in the coming days according to an inside source.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 9:10am On Jan 28, 2021
Good morning here, this is (adedward) gets ur windows done by us, embedded with burglaries and without. Burglaries

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by darkid1(m): 9:18am On Jan 28, 2021
No questions to ask, just here posting a progress so far with a property my family has been working on.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:26am On Jan 28, 2021
darkid1:
No questions to ask, just here posting a progress so far with a property my family has been working on.

Super transformation. Good job!

I love the simplicity of that ceiling design. It’s not the overly designed type.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by vickzie(m): 9:28am On Jan 28, 2021
Badgers14:

Maybe the government shouldn't be approving those plans.

The government in a way might be aiding all this poor design, poor construction and all.

Do we even have statutory requirements in Nigeria?

Are the appropriate authorities enforcing it? Or they just care about all the fees you have to pay ?
sometimes the terrible ones are denied approval. It's not even their job to begin to analyse drawings. Na the owner go suffer am. You pay the number 1 man 45k, how much do even even pay labourers sef?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 9:29am On Jan 28, 2021
Focusmind:

It is the signature of every Nigerian architect - High roof and two front pillar - designed houses
/
grin grin grin

/

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:52am On Jan 28, 2021
vickzie:
sometimes the terrible ones are denied approval. It's not even their job to begin to analyse drawings. Na the owner go suffer am. You pay the number 1 man 45k, how much do even even pay labourers sef?

You’re right!

I do offer FREE design service as a complimentary service for some projects I’m directly involved (not all the time though grin) BUT my in-house architect earn as much as 250k per month and I bought him a very power machine with ray tracing capability to keep. This is outside our Mac and HP workstation.

This mean I’m paying in some ways!

Beside, we do outsource most of our renderings and structural designs to other professionals.

Offering free design service doesn’t mean we are cheap though it’s a complimentary service for a selected few.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by darkid1(m): 10:09am On Jan 28, 2021
n3xt:

Super transformation. Good job!

I love the simplicity of that ceiling design. It’s not the overly designed type.

Thanks...Tried to keep everything simple. Would upload more overall progress.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:12am On Jan 28, 2021
darkid1:

Thanks...Tried to keep everything simple. Would upload more overall progress.

You can also share your projects on kobocity.com

We love seeing beautiful projects like yours shocked

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 10:47am On Jan 28, 2021
vickzie:
sometimes the terrible ones are denied approval. It's not even their job to begin to analyse drawings . Na the owner go suffer am. You pay the number 1 man 45k, how much do even even pay labourers sef?

Actually it is their job to make sure every house is habitable and will be in compliance with all the codes, safety, well being of the occupants etc.

They are not supposed to be rubber stamping building plans.

Well, atleast that's what similar authorities do in a sane environment. Some places even after the back and forth with the council/city engineers.. the neighbors have to agree for that house to be built before approval is granted.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Amastermovic(m): 10:58am On Jan 28, 2021
hairbyuj:

1ton of 10MM,

12MM

16MM iron rod

Site is in Awoyaya.

local per tonnes is 260, 000
TMT 315,000

Price include delivery to your site (LAGOS)
@n3xt thanks for the Mention

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 10:59am On Jan 28, 2021
Focusmind:

My apologies. But you will agree with me that the design is a common Nigerian Architects' signature.

What about flat and contemporary roofs? We miss Skimanski, darlynx, I hope I go the moniker right and other architects that gives modern designs.

I know it will always boils down to clients' choice. The architect should also educate the client on modern designs.

yes... client shd always be advised - thats part of what he/she is paying for - NOT JUST YES SIR/MA and proceed to do anything

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 11:03am On Jan 28, 2021
Dijita:

Is the fencing for two or one plot? Please you better say two if you say one. i am going to faint on you cheesy

So I don't make you faint, I will not answer the question directly lipsrsealed undecided
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Apologist02: 11:10am On Jan 28, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 11:56am On Jan 28, 2021
n3xt:

No! I’ve obtained my form and I’m paying gradually.

There’s no such thing as big-man-bully. It’s what you accept. Me I don’t take nonsense and such bs don’t happen around me. grin grin

Please, can you help me apply or I have to live in Ogun state to own one?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by vickzie(m): 12:00pm On Jan 28, 2021
Badgers14:

Actually it is their job to make sure every house is habitable and will be in compliance with all the codes, safety, well being of the occupants etc.

They are not supposed to be rubber stamping building plans.

Well, atleast that's what similar authorities do in a sane environment. Some places even after the back and forth with the council/city engineers.. the neighbors have to agree for that house to be built before approval is granted.

majority of houses are habitable, the question should be "are they enjoyable and comfortable for the price spent"?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:10pm On Jan 28, 2021
somehow:

Please, can you help me apply or I have to live in Ogun state to own one?

You don’t have to live in Ogun state to apply but you might need to pay tax here because it’s part of the requirement though not compulsory when you’re picking up the form.

The form is N5k. The cost of logistics is N5k (not compulsory if you can handle it yourself).

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:24pm On Jan 28, 2021
vickzie:
majority of houses are habitable, the question should be "are they enjoyable and comfortable for the price spent"?

Point!

(1) (2) (3) ... (1953) (1954) (1955) (1956) (1957) (1958) (1959) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: kdaddy and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.