Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2089) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4383361 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2086) (2087) (2088) (2089) (2090) (2091) (2092) ... (3666) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KarlMoga: 10:27pm On Apr 01, 2021
BrabusNG:

Valuable.

Just this morning, I shared the weather forecast for the coming week with my client and how we need to take advantage of it to prepare for the first floor slab.

_____
My job is to set the stage and watching for things that undermine result including harsh/unfavorable weather condition.

Sorry O, But I think you can go Ahead with your slab before Sunday, Since it's just 9% chance of rain

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 11:11pm On Apr 01, 2021
cuddling44:
Hi .... pls wat type of long span aluminium is d best.. imported or ......? And which colours is d best dat can last longer.. I love traffic black and chestnut brown colour.
Good evening boss
Traffic black is okay but it depends on choice
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Gigaset: 11:22pm On Apr 01, 2021
Thank you very much sir i was thinking of the combination of good quality admixture,Bituminous felt, XPS Polystyrene,Bituminous felt then tiles one example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgG7uOSG4HE
diordaves:

A good quality admixture is all that's needed. The principle works in waterproofing and sealing concrete. As your intended area is 65sqm,

#Get the mix-ratio right, in fact use a rich mix-ratio

#Use a 'romance machine' when pouring the concrete to poke out air bubbles.

#Use a minimum one part admixture and three parts water. I have seen one part admixture, ten part water.

#Wet 24hrs after pouring and wet twice a day for 9 days thereafter. The decking should be effectively sealed and waterproof.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 11:22pm On Apr 01, 2021
KarlMoga:

Sorry O, But I think you can go Ahead with your slab before Sunday, Since it's just 9% chance of rain

Sure we are moving ahead with pre-slab works whilst ensuring everything is primed and ready before the concrete pour.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by aheadahead20: 12:14am On Apr 02, 2021
Abolarin91:
You may not do the caping, it doesn't affect the wire. However, it good you cover the block holes to avoid rain water into the fence which may quickly weaken the fence with time. If you plan to cover the block holes it also important the bricklayers doing that should put the Y-angle along.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 12:31am On Apr 02, 2021
Gigaset:
Thank you very much sir i was thinking of the combination of good quality admixture,Bituminous felt, XPS Polystyrene,Bituminous felt then tiles one example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgG7uOSG4HE

It is important not to get it all confused. The video you attached I think is for a wooden deck (flat roof). If you are going for the proper Nigeria concrete decking, you really don't need all that layer. Again, I'm not sure of pouring bitumen (coal tar) without aggregate and tiling over it. The bitumen may fail periodically under Naija heat. I'm also not sure if you can get lead flashing in Nigeria. Ask the roofing guys. Lead flashing is used in roofing where the sheets meet a wall like hidden flat roof.

Think about it, do a proper planning and then go for it. It is achievable.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 3:07am On Apr 02, 2021
BrabusNG:
Day 3 | XL6 Trillion Block Work

2nd milestone 96%

@Chekitaut, let me have more chippings. We are moving on up.

3rd milestone starts immediately.
Thanks for patronage

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 4:53am On Apr 02, 2021
Let me drop this here.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 4:54am On Apr 02, 2021
Chekitaut:
Thanks for patronage

Gimme like before grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 5:46am On Apr 02, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 6:39am On Apr 02, 2021
Let me drop these extraordinary paint jobs here by fonyeri for those who want simple yet classy interiors.

#accentwalls

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 6:40am On Apr 02, 2021
Respect!

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 6:48am On Apr 02, 2021
Still searching for a painter who can give me Mediterranean Walls.

I got introduced to classic designs by Monto Pinturas. Tabarca Paints - a water resistant paint that creates very original effects.

@fonyeri Can you deliver these wall coverings? +234.80.234 . 29.122 (Whatsapp/SMS/Call)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 7:18am On Apr 02, 2021
You are welcome
aheadahead20:

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:41am On Apr 02, 2021
If you have the funds, secure your iron today now. It's about to go down in China. As expected, when the prices increase in China coupled with our exchange rate and expected rise in cost of transport as a result of increase in cost of petrol.

E go shock everyone. A sheet of checkered plate door is 33,000 right now if you see it

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:16am On Apr 02, 2021
michlins:
If you have the funds, secure your iron today now. It's about to go down in China. As expected, when the prices increase in China coupled with our exchange rate and expected rise in cost of transport as a result of increase in cost of petrol.

E go shock everyone. A sheet of checkered plate door is 33,000 right now if you see it

We be Nigerians, we go find way absorb am. I trust my people.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:17am On Apr 02, 2021
BrabusNG:
Let me drop these extraordinary paint jobs here by fonyeri for those who want simple yet classy interiors.

#accentwalls

I'm still trying to pick my jaw from the floor.

This na for naija?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 10:31am On Apr 02, 2021
WE BUY DEAD/SCRAP BATTERIES!!!

We also buy off scrap/dead deep cycle batteries from any state to Lagos(T&C applies) .

12v 200a ..... N16,000
12v 150a.......N12,000
12v 100a.......N8,000
2v 500a ......N5,500

If outside Lagos state , send the scrap batteries to your nearby Lagos park & get your payment alert immediately after confirmatory remarks from me with the transport company manager / secretary or driver .

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Gigaset: 10:39am On Apr 02, 2021
Thank you for the ideas though am sure my engineer is well capable of handling it but based on the ways things are done over here is totally different in Nigeria, my engineer and i are trying to explore the best options or alternative, i know it´s achievable in Nigeria am just trying to do a proper research before we start the concrete decking.
Well i had a meeting with an old friend of mine who is a "structural engineer supervisor" he promised to take a closer look at the structural plan and revert, Sorry but Nigeria is just far behind so am trying to get the best i could to achieve my goal maybe i´ll get in contact with this company (https://actnigeria.com/portfolio/polyurethane-waterproofing-project-at-leadway-protea-hotel-maryland/) to see what they have to offer.
diordaves:

It is important not to get it all confused. The video you attached I think is for a wooden deck (flat roof). If you are going for the proper Nigeria concrete decking, you really don't need all that layer. Again, I'm not sure of pouring bitumen (coal tar) without aggregate and tiling over it. The bitumen may fail periodically under Naija heat. I'm also not sure if you can get lead flashing in Nigeria. Ask the roofing guys. Lead flashing is used in roofing where the sheets meet a wall like hidden flat roof.

Think about it, do a proper planning and then go for it. It is achievable.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 10:50am On Apr 02, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I'm still trying to pick my jaw from the floor.

This na for naija?

Yes

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 10:58am On Apr 02, 2021
Inside Naija grin

Blocks supplied by local block makers (N240) vs blocks produced by NextHome (N200)

Almost 2.5in difference.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Fonyeri(m): 11:34am On Apr 02, 2021
Thank you so much for the mentions Sir.
I can deliver the designs, I will give you a call later in the day.
BrabusNG:

I got introduced to classic designs by Monto Pinturas. Tabarca Paints - a water resistant paint that creates very original effects.

@fonyeri Can you deliver these wall coverings? +234.80.234 . 29.122 (Whatsapp/SMS/Call)

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 11:45am On Apr 02, 2021
GROWATT INVERTERS NOW AVAILABLE!!

Growatt 3kva TL (50a mppt) ... 250k
Growatt 5kva TL (80a mppt).....410k
Growatt 5kva TL (100a mppt)...460k

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 12:13pm On Apr 02, 2021
Fonyeri:
Thank you so much for the mentions Sir.
I can deliver the designs, I will give you a call later in the day.
Definitely using you except your charges say otherwise.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ikuku(m): 12:49pm On Apr 02, 2021
BrabusNG:

Those are beautiful paint jobs. Initially I thought it was wallpapers but who is fonyeri?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 12:57pm On Apr 02, 2021
Happy holiday and happy good Friday to everyone
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 1:13pm On Apr 02, 2021
BrabusNG:

#accentwalls

I am impressed with the simplicity of the POP/ ceiling design. Simplicity at its peak. Not all those crowded POP designs we see here.

Fonyeri is doing well with that his signature Italian paint. Even Baba Egun shock sef wether na Naija

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:27pm On Apr 02, 2021
Focusmind:

I am impressed with the simplicity of the POP/ ceiling design. Simplicity at its peak. Not all those crowded POP designs we see here.

Fonyeri is doing well with that his signature Italian paint. Even Baba Egun shock sef wether na Naija

Walahi e shock me.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 2:37pm On Apr 02, 2021
ikuku:

Those are beautiful paint jobs. Initially I thought it was wallpapers but who is fonyeri?

Fonyeri is just one super cool dude making a difference in the decorative painting world.

You can follow his nairaland ID for some of his jobs.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 2:41pm On Apr 02, 2021
Focusmind:

There are those who want it busy and colourful. Do not persecute them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 2:58pm On Apr 02, 2021
BrabusNG:

There are those who want it busy and colourful. Do not persecute them.

You are right. In Eguns words, those designs could be someone's pride and happiness.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 5:27pm On Apr 02, 2021
Quality and neatness is our watchword.

Call us today for MEP design and installation

For Your Electrical, Mechanical and HVAC design and installations,

You can visit our thread: https://www.nairaland.com/1804476/complete-package-design-drawing-electrical

https://www.nairaland.com/1233943/contact-us-electrical-mechanical-plumbing/9

For original Cables https://www.nairaland.com/2326721/nigerchin-kabelmetal-coleman-cables/14

Phone number 08033643191, 08051750560 whatsapp number : 08033643191

E-mail: atope23@live.co.uk, topselg.engineering@gmail.com

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2086) (2087) (2088) (2089) (2090) (2091) (2092) ... (3666) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.