Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,953 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:28 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4377420 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2158) (2159) (2160) (2161) (2162) (2163) (2164) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:01am On Apr 28, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
Omo cool

N3B loun loun. E choke o.

Any agent that pulls off this sale is made smiley

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 8:06am On Apr 28, 2021
Gud morning here, get ur embedded casement with burglaries Done, with no stress of additional charges for burglaries installation, from us here,

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SanniOluwafemi(m): 9:02am On Apr 28, 2021
For your unique and quality furniture, contact maplewood furniture.
Call/Whatsapp +2348022283035/+2347032186146

Check our trend https://www.nairaland.com/3555646/every-home-deserves-tastefully-furnished
godspeed:

Boss, please where can i buy this as a unit?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sgtponzihater1(m): 9:14am On Apr 28, 2021
hamtabfawaz:

Sir, I can replicate this for you & get it installed in your Apartment. I've done better design of this for my past clients & am sure you'd love it.

You can reach me on.
O7OI696llO1

Great job

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by flexyonline: 9:17am On Apr 28, 2021
I am not sure if the burglary type in the house shown in the link below was discussed when burglary bar types were mentioned. What’s our opinion on this?

https://youtu.be/l5Kd3AM4-G8

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 9:20am On Apr 28, 2021
Cement is now 4200 in Lagos and Ibadan embarassed

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PAPAFEELERS: 9:39am On Apr 28, 2021
Good morning my Ogas,

I just had a arguement with my engineer. he was inisting i buy Bua cement rather than Dangote for tiling BUT i told him what is important to me is the avaialability and cost of the cement and not the brand. i also told him i have used dangote cement for tiling purposes in the past.

The engineer was aruguement was that Tilers prefer Bua and i told him how can you an engineer be swallowing hook, line and sinker what people say without a valid reason why?

Please am i wrong by saying i will be using dangote cement for my tiling work? please correct me if am i wrong

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 10:19am On Apr 28, 2021
Adedward:
Gud morning here, get ur embedded casement with burglaries Done, with no stress of additional charges for burglaries installation, from us here,
How much do these cost?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 10:20am On Apr 28, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

Great job

Thanks...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 10:22am On Apr 28, 2021
bobkezel:

How much do these cost?
depends the sizes sir, but 4ft by 4ft like this one I sent go for # 46k now sir, with nets
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:25am On Apr 28, 2021
flexyonline:
I am not sure if the burglary type in the house shown in the link below was discussed when burglary bar types were mentioned. What’s our opinion on this?

https://youtu.be/l5Kd3AM4-G8

We discussed it. Brabus brought it up.

It’s very very good alternative l. I just don’t like it because it looks too commercial.

It’ll look very well if done right so when you slide it if it’s hidden behind a curtain or fake wall like a pocket door to give an illusion that it’s not there.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Footstradamus(m): 10:27am On Apr 28, 2021
Adedward:
depends the sizes sir, but 4ft by 4ft like this one I sent go for # 46k now sir, with nets

Woah, inflation is killing us in this country

I have always wondered and permit me to pick your brain on this, what is the cost savings on sliding windows in lieu of casement windows, lets use the 4ft by 4ft you posted, if i decided to go sliding on that with burglary what would it cost?

Tnx in advance

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 10:33am On Apr 28, 2021
Footstradamus:

I have always wondered and permit me to pick your brain on this, what is the cost savings on sliding windows in lieu of casement windows, lets use the 4ft by 4ft you posted, if i decided to go sliding on that with burglary what would it cost?

Tnx in advance
the 4ft by 4ft sliding with this burglaries will cost u, #32k sir with sliding nets sir,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 10:35am On Apr 28, 2021
PAPAFEELERS:
Good morning my Ogas,

I just had a arguement with my engineer. he was inisting i buy Bua cement rather than Dangote for tiling BUT i told him what is important to me is the avaialability and cost of the cement and not the brand. i also told him i have used dangote cement for tiling purposes in the past.

The engineer aruguement was that Tilers prefer Bua and i told him how can you an engineer be swallowing hook, line and sinker what people say without a valid reason why?

Please am i wrong by saying i will be using dangote cement for my tiling work? please correct me if am i wrong

You've said it all.

There should be a Convincing Reason. & That's just the Truth.

My brother you're not wrong.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:37am On Apr 28, 2021
Footstradamus:

Tnx in advance

I’m wondering the reason why everyone is doing casement though.

Check the most expensive builds in Ikoyi, the don’t have many casement windows. They only have sliding and projected windows.

#trendtinz
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 10:41am On Apr 28, 2021
n3xt:

Check the most expensive builds in Ikoyi, the don’t have many casement windows. They only have sliding and projected windows.

#trendtinz
I think it's because the airflow in sliding is halfed. ie casement has a better airflow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 10:47am On Apr 28, 2021
PAPAFEELERS:
Good morning my Ogas,

The engineer was aruguement was that Tilers prefer Bua and i told him how can you an engineer be swallowing hook, line and sinker what people say without a valid reason why?

You didn't State if he is a mechanical engineer abi na chemical engineer.... Cement na cement abeg

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 10:54am On Apr 28, 2021
n3xt:

#trendtinz
abi o, just to manage the capital, the things are getting higher every day,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 11:02am On Apr 28, 2021
bobkezel:

I think it's because the airflow in sliding is halfed. ie casement has a better airflow.
yah, u are correct sir, the halve side of sliding have block the ventilation already, so I think high land will prefer the sliding because of their area, there is more ventilation in high land compared to main land here,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 11:09am On Apr 28, 2021
Adedward:
yah, u are correct sir, the halve side of sliding have block the ventilation already, so I think high land will prefer the sliding because of their area, there is more ventilation in high land compared to main land here,
Don't mind @n3xt, he plays too much

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Footstradamus(m): 11:13am On Apr 28, 2021
Adedward:
the 4ft by 4ft sliding with this burglaries will cost u, #32k sir with sliding nets sir,

Thanks a lot, a cost saving of 14k per window is nothing to be sniffed at if you looking at 20+ windows

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 11:19am On Apr 28, 2021
Footstradamus:

Thanks a lot, a cost saving of 14k per window is nothing to be sniffed at if you looking at 20+ windows
yah, I always advice casement for my most of clients, the difference in prices is not much but, the functioning are totally different to sliding,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:28am On Apr 28, 2021
Windows that I and my friends love.

bobzekel grin grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:30am On Apr 28, 2021
bobkezel:

Don't mind @n3xt, he plays too much

Too much in fact grin

What’s our business with expensive builds when we’re kobo kobo feefle grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:32am On Apr 28, 2021
bobkezel:

There are some of us who don’t even open our windows at all because the airflow is toooooo much.

Play with height. Introduce air vents in critical areas. Factor in sunbreakers in areas with exposed windows.

Think indoor garden. Atrium. Courtyard and so on.

There are several ways to cool a house apart from using windows.

#dontmindme o
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:34am On Apr 28, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Too much in fact grin

What’s our business with expensive builds when we’re kobo kobo feefle grin

The truth is that those windows are actually cheaper than the conventional designs.

grin

Don’t take me too serious
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 11:37am On Apr 28, 2021
n3xt:

bobzekel grin grin
boss man, this self cost pass all what we talking about sir,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 11:41am On Apr 28, 2021
n3xt:

There are some of us who don’t even open our windows at all because the airflow is toooooo much.

Play with height. Introduce air vents in critical areas. Factor in sunbreakers in areas with exposed windows.

Think indoor garden. Atrium. Courtyard and so on.

There are several ways to cool a house apart from using windows.

#dontmindme o
All the bolded in quarter plot of land?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:43am On Apr 28, 2021
n3xt:

The truth is that those windows are actually cheaper than the conventional designs.

grin

Don’t take me too serious

But I thought glass was more than expensive than aluminum?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 11:44am On Apr 28, 2021
n3xt:

Now I’m doing something crazy on the atrium design. Daylight, shade and ventilation combined grin grin

that's a huge one there, can't wait to see that.
kudos
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 11:46am On Apr 28, 2021
n3xt:

bobzekel grin grin
I and my friends don't like these windows, they are local and cheap. We love expensive POP windows.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:47am On Apr 28, 2021
bobkezel:

All the bolded in quarter plot of land?

To get a decent courtyard I had to use a full plot grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2158) (2159) (2160) (2161) (2162) (2163) (2164) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: doncafu(m), sonnie10, Chichilas and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.