Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,972 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:38 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4377509 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2156) (2157) (2158) (2159) (2160) (2161) (2162) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 12:13pm On Apr 27, 2021
I want to buy cement now and was told it is now N4200

Kilode
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:18pm On Apr 27, 2021
omanzo02:

Goodluck with your dealings, I had to mentioned it to alert the forum especially unsuspecting client/victim because his actions the last time generated a lot of heat, went against all business norms and caused collateral damage (to genuine people seeking patronage on the forum).

Well noted. Thanks for the information.

His client too is well aware of the happenings that’s why he engaged kobocity to handle this.

Payment already made for the materials. Delivery should happen later today.

More updates later on this thread.

#AITRoofingProject

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:18pm On Apr 27, 2021
davodyguy:
I want to buy cement now and was told it is now N4200

Kilode

Yah all are scaring me o.

What city?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 12:19pm On Apr 27, 2021
What do you say to this?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 12:27pm On Apr 27, 2021
Chekitaut:
Which way Nigeria?
I am scared...

Heard prices of cement have been reverted to previous this morning
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:35pm On Apr 27, 2021
BrabusNG:
Just in

There is an official increase in price of Lafarge Elephant cement.

Already, homeowners, builders and developers have been struggling to complete projects affected by the covid19 lockdown and inflation.

This official increase in cement price will put huge pressure on many builders and homeowners and in the coming weeks, many sites might come to a standstill due to this.

Well, I can still get at N3,300 in Sagamu for anyone who can arrange pickup.

N3,200 for those who want to deal directly with the Channel Partner.

*** Sagamu only
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:05pm On Apr 27, 2021
#AITRoofingProject

Loading the materials.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 1:27pm On Apr 27, 2021
/
For the records.

I had to personally go and inspect welding works done and supplied by Michlins to a site.

I must admit that he did a good job.

/

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 2:03pm On Apr 27, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Yah all are scaring me o.

What city?
Lagos

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 2:03pm On Apr 27, 2021
Your username reminds me of price movement monitoring era grin
InvertedHammer:
/
For the records.

I had to personally go and inspect welding works done and supplied by Michlins to a site.

I must admit that he did a good job.

/
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ibietela2(m): 2:14pm On Apr 27, 2021
n3xt:

The window design highlighted in the picture below must be done before plastering the house if you want to achieve the best result.

Please read slowly grin grin

Now i understand.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 2:31pm On Apr 27, 2021
jhorjhor:
Hi Everyone.

Is it possible to construct lintel over door amd window openings without adding reinforcement bars? Just concrete.

You can use use wire mesh. Double. But your concrete will be very pure.

1:1:2 mix.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:45pm On Apr 27, 2021
ibietela2:

Now i understand.

Finally grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 3:13pm On Apr 27, 2021
Watch out! Watch out!! Watch out!!!

New construction of 2 stories building consists of 12 flats by Arbo contractor Ltd ( Rotech77)

Bore hole
Site store/ office
In progress

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 3:29pm On Apr 27, 2021
rotecch77:
Watch out! Watch out!! Watch out!!!

New construction of 2 stories building consists of 12 flats by Arbo contractor Ltd ( Rotech77)

Bore hole
Site store/ office
In progress

@rotecch77, this borehole option, any advantage?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 3:32pm On Apr 27, 2021
folmus:

@rotecch77, this borehole option, any advantage?

It’s normal bore hole drilling system,

What you see there is mould pit.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:41pm On Apr 27, 2021
#AITRoofingProject

Material now delivered. Installation commence immediately.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 3:41pm On Apr 27, 2021
Aforxzy:
What do you say to this?

I don't think BQs "always (have to) look like it's created for someone whose life is not regarded" Most BQs are basically by design one-bedroom flats with a toilet and a kitchen (cooking facility) and even a veranda. What further facilities should be included for it to look like it's created for someone whose life is regarded? A gold tap and marble floor and enough space to play baseball?

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:44pm On Apr 27, 2021
XL6 Trillion | Atrium House

Taking delivery of my angle bars and materials for the steel trusses.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 4:11pm On Apr 27, 2021
New arrival of your Spanish tiles wall
20by60
WhatsApp:09077504787,07062955047

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 4:17pm On Apr 27, 2021
n3xt:
XL6 Trillion | Atrium House

Taking delivery of my angle bars and materials for the steel trusses.

How much did you get a length of angle bar?

Angel bar is very ideal for precast lintel. Could be cheaper than rod (four tie). Just cut, insert and pour your concrete into your lintel mould/formwork. Save up on iron bender charges and stirrup and binding wire and all that.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 4:18pm On Apr 27, 2021
60by120
Spanish tiles
Am blessedsunny2

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:30pm On Apr 27, 2021
diordaves:

How much did you get a length of angle bar?

Angel bar is very ideal for precast lintel. Could be cheaper than rod (four tie). Just cut, insert and pour your concrete into your lintel mould/formwork. Save up on iron bender charges and stirrup and binding wire and all that.

Maybe lighter gauges. This is 6mm thick angle bar and it’s sold 8k per length here.

But I’m exploring a beam block solution and I should share some ideas soon.

My machine fabricator was on site yesterday and we discussed the new mold.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by godspeed: 4:33pm On Apr 27, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

This is why I keep kwayet.

I’m very minimalistic so for me “less is more”. Not really a fan of too much flash. Am I watching TV or a trance inducing light show?

Boss, please where can i buy this as a unit?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 4:35pm On Apr 27, 2021
Successful deliver
Thank you all for patronizing me☺️

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 4:51pm On Apr 27, 2021
n3xt:

Maybe lighter gauges. This is 6mm thick angle bar and it’s sold 8k per length here.

But I’m exploring a beam block solution and I should share some ideas soon.

My machine fabricator was on site yesterday and we discussed the new mold.

Nice one. Keep us posted. It is also possible to use the inside hollow of 9 inches block as mould as well.

Let's know the outcome. One for the knowledge bank.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 5:00pm On Apr 27, 2021
rotecch77:

It’s normal bore hole drilling system,

What you see there is mould pit.

I thought it's the one hefty guys normally use hands to turn instead of the machine
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:06pm On Apr 27, 2021
diordaves:

Nice one. Keep us posted. It is also possible to use the inside hollow of 9 inches block as mould as well.

Let's know the outcome. One for the knowledge bank.

Sure, I’ll do that. I’m considering manual mould because there won’t be any need for lots of beam blocks except I’m doing it for commercial purposes.

I intend to make the blocks 24” long by standard block size. This means 2 beam block will cover a standard door of 3ft.

I’m redesigning the hollow mould.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Paras011: 5:11pm On Apr 27, 2021
Best Practices for Productivity on Construction Sites

Construction is one of the oldest and the most crucial industries known to man. It provides shelter, which is a human basic need, in form of residential and non-residential buildings. The industry also provides employment and infrastructure. Despite the relevance of the industry to national development, its productivity, especially on construction sites has been questioned. This is connected to certain factors that militate against efficiency on jobsites. The factors include, but not limited to, use of traditional method, communication gap, disjointed workflow, outdated systems, and inadequate measures to mitigate safety hazards.

This calls for the adoption and use of best practices in construction in order to engender progressive efficiency. One of the ways to achieve this is through the use of technology and innovation, as practised by other industries.

Effective Communication/Collaboration

Effective communication is very important on construction sites if there will be efficiency and progress. There must be excellent, meaningful and clear communication strategy between the supervisors of different units and their subordinates. It should bother on safety measures, workflow and directives. Optimal communication guides against mistakes, rework, and avoidable hazards. Construction firms need to equip workers with necessary devices like smartphones to allow for easy, fast and efficient communication. Applications and software can also be adopted to increase communication between all parties. This will demystify the work process and ensure a more cohesive working unit.

Standardization

Standardization of the construction process means having all methods mapped out in the areas of design, workflow, equipment, protection, workers’ needs, management, duration and every other thing needed.

Though standardization is not as simple as it seems in construction, it offers many undeniable benefits to teams and projects. All methods and organization can be standardized with construction software to help maintain budgets and enhance efficiency. A precept schedule keeps all workers, contractors and subcontractors on track. Standardization has also been found to help maintain brand recognition as your contractors and clients will always know what to expect and have the same experience when they work with you.

Digital Integration/New Technology

Integrating the right software can be one of the best practices in construction. If your workers use technology, there is bound to be increased productivity. Though construction companies, especially in the part of the world, grapple with implementation difficulties because they are used to traditional method and processes, new technology simplifies the work process if it is used consistently with adequate training. The adoption and use of modern technology in the healthcare industry has changed the way diagnosis, treatment and surgeries are carried out. This has increased productivity, saved time and energy and further promoted patient satisfaction and better outcomes for patients. Hence, digital tools can be installed on sites. Enough support, guidance and training should be provided for contractors and other workers on digital documentation to make the transition easier. This will bring increase in productivity that occasion returns on your investment.

Result-oriented Supervision/Coordination

Every construction site should have a trained and strong supervisor who is capable of coordinating the workforce. Such a supervisor should micromanage rather than macro-manage the workers so that they will be free to do their work. He must, however, not be loose or go to sleep, especially when it comes to safety and efficiency. The foreman must keep tabs on all workers throughout the construction process, guiding and applying correctional method where needed. Also, as aforementioned, to ensure effective integration between disciplines, the right expectations must be laid out before the commencement of the project. The architect, contractors and the engineers must agree on a set of deliverables that will facilitate their teams’ coordination efforts.

Reputation/Transparency from all Teams

Site architects, engineers and supervisors must be clear and transparent about the established protocols, safety measures and standardization process regarding what is required of every team. Lack of transparency will breed secrecy and trust issues among teams. It also projects the industry in bad light. No process should be hidden from workers who should be in the know. Transparency, along with the above practices, will foster unity, team work and coordination which will lead to progress and efficiency.

Conclusion

The factors that signal progress in construction include, but not limited to, quality projects, prompt delivery of projects, and good management. Adoption of technological advancements, collaboration, effective communication, digital integration, and adherence to safety codes are the game changer that will increase productivity.

For more construction-related blogs click here

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:16pm On Apr 27, 2021
Paras011:
Best Practices for Productivity on Construction Sites

Construction is one of the oldest and the most crucial industries known to man. It provides shelter, which is a human basic need, in form of residential and non-residential buildings. The industry also provides employment and infrastructure. Despite the relevance of the industry to national development, its productivity, especially on construction sites has been questioned. This is connected to certain factors that militate against efficiency on jobsites. The factors include, but not limited to, use of traditional method, communication gap, disjointed workflow, outdated systems, and inadequate measures to mitigate safety hazards.

This calls for the adoption and use of best practices in construction in order to engender progressive efficiency. One of the ways to achieve this is through the use of technology and innovation, as practised by other industries.

Effective Communication/Collaboration

Effective communication is very important on construction sites if there will be efficiency and progress. There must be excellent, meaningful and clear communication strategy between the supervisors of different units and their subordinates. It should bother on safety measures, workflow and directives. Optimal communication guides against mistakes, rework, and avoidable hazards. Construction firms need to equip workers with necessary devices like smartphones to allow for easy, fast and efficient communication. Applications and software can also be adopted to increase communication between all parties. This will demystify the work process and ensure a more cohesive working unit.

Standardization

Standardization of the construction process means having all methods mapped out in the areas of design, workflow, equipment, protection, workers’ needs, management, duration and every other thing needed.

Though standardization is not as simple as it seems in construction, it offers many undeniable benefits to teams and projects. All methods and organization can be standardized with construction software to help maintain budgets and enhance efficiency. A precept schedule keeps all workers, contractors and subcontractors on track. Standardization has also been found to help maintain brand recognition as your contractors and clients will always know what to expect and have the same experience when they work with you.

Digital Integration/New Technology

Integrating the right software can be one of the best practices in construction. If your workers use technology, there is bound to be increased productivity. Though construction companies, especially in the part of the world, grapple with implementation difficulties because they are used to traditional method and processes, new technology simplifies the work process if it is used consistently with adequate training. The adoption and use of modern technology in the healthcare industry has changed the way diagnosis, treatment and surgeries are carried out. This has increased productivity, saved time and energy and further promoted patient satisfaction and better outcomes for patients. Hence, digital tools can be installed on sites. Enough support, guidance and training should be provided for contractors and other workers on digital documentation to make the transition easier. This will bring increase in productivity that occasion returns on your investment.

Result-oriented Supervision/Coordination

Every construction site should have a trained and strong supervisor who is capable of coordinating the workforce. Such a supervisor should micromanage rather than macro-manage the workers so that they will be free to do their work. He must, however, not be loose or go to sleep, especially when it comes to safety and efficiency. The foreman must keep tabs on all workers throughout the construction process, guiding and applying correctional method where needed. Also, as aforementioned, to ensure effective integration between disciplines, the right expectations must be laid out before the commencement of the project. The architect, contractors and the engineers must agree on a set of deliverables that will facilitate their teams’ coordination efforts.

Reputation/Transparency from all Teams

Site architects, engineers and supervisors must be clear and transparent about the established protocols, safety measures and standardization process regarding what is required of every team. Lack of transparency will breed secrecy and trust issues among teams. It also projects the industry in bad light. No process should be hidden from workers who should be in the know. Transparency, along with the above practices, will foster unity, team work and coordination which will lead to progress and efficiency.

Conclusion

The factors that signal progress in construction include, but not limited to, quality projects, prompt delivery of projects, and good management. Adoption of technological advancements, collaboration, effective communication, digital integration, and adherence to safety codes are the game changer that will increase productivity.

For more construction-related blogs click here

You’re a great writer. We value rich content like this on kobocity.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:13pm On Apr 27, 2021
Cubism in Modern Architecture: Playing with Square and Cuboid

#contemporaryliving #xl6trillion #nexthome

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 6:25pm On Apr 27, 2021
folmus:

I thought it's the one hefty guys normally use hands to turn instead of the machine

Yes it’s ( normal hand turning type) Manual

(1) (2) (3) ... (2156) (2157) (2158) (2159) (2160) (2161) (2162) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.