Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,532 members, 7,816,298 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:05 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2259) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4387338 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2256) (2257) (2258) (2259) (2260) (2261) (2262) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 5:55pm On Jun 13, 2021
BiigTee:
The engineer contracted to do the upper floor had to start recasting the decking in a bid to
1. Level it!
2. Reinforce the decking all over again..

Rotech did not for once call to ask the progress of the decking even when he knew fully well the work he did there was trash!

Pictures below show the points at which the decking was braced from below.. To reduce the vibration using H beams
bigtree, rotecch77 is coming, this will be sorted soon baba
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nosa111(m): 5:56pm On Jun 13, 2021
I intend to start working on my site tomorrow in Benin. Please how much is a bag of cement now in your location ??
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 5:57pm On Jun 13, 2021
Nosa111:
I intend to start working on my site tomorrow in Benin. Please how much is a bag of cement now in your location ??
N3, 700 @sango ota, ogun
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nosa111(m): 5:59pm On Jun 13, 2021
Thank you. I need more answers please
hslbroker2:
N3, 700 @sango ota, ogun
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by OAKGroup(m): 6:00pm On Jun 13, 2021
Hmmm, this is serious, decking is a very critical stage.
@biigtee, hope the latest engineer assured you that the decking will work fine.
If not, it may need to be abandoned so as to avoid accident today or later in future.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 6:00pm On Jun 13, 2021
Nosa111:
Thank you. I need more answers please
people are coming they just finished sleeping after church service sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 6:01pm On Jun 13, 2021
OAKGroup:
If not, it may need to be abandoned so as to avoid accident today or later in future.

True

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BiigTee: 6:06pm On Jun 13, 2021

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BiigTee: 6:10pm On Jun 13, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 6:14pm On Jun 13, 2021
Thanks you all both the client “ bigtiie” and concerned member, I will be back when less busy with full detailed of what transpired among my team and the job given to us to handle.

Remains bless
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BiigTee: 6:15pm On Jun 13, 2021

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BiigTee: 6:23pm On Jun 13, 2021

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BiigTee: 6:27pm On Jun 13, 2021
Thanks for ur concern sir.. I am positive a good job has been done to correct rotech77 's poor work.. Thank God It didn't collapse!

OAKGroup:
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Moda1: 6:29pm On Jun 13, 2021
grin Na upgraded baba lati .Sorry for your loss
BiigTee:
If you have given rotech77 a job before.. Call another engineer to investigate the structural integrity of that building.. Perhaps he is just another baba lati charading as a professional!.. He doesn't care about ur building as far as he has collected his penny!

U must have a death wish if u contract someone who is ok wit ur decking bouncing like an overhead bridge..

DO NOT WORK WITH ARBO contractor! DO NOT WORK with ROTECH77..

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 6:33pm On Jun 13, 2021
BiigTee:
If you have given rotech77 a job before.. Call another engineer to investigate the structural integrity of that building.. Perhaps he is just another baba lati charading as a professional!.. He doesn't care about ur building as far as he has collected his penny!

U must have a death wish if u contract someone who is ok wit ur decking bouncing like an overhead bridge..

DO NOT WORK WITH ARBO contractor! DO NOT WORK with ROTECH77..
lol
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hum2020: 6:35pm On Jun 13, 2021
Rotech77 the mistake has been done as results of giving a responsibility which you should hand to unprofessional the result is out well a lesson for others building contractors to learn I hope you both found solution this is big problem in as much as it has do with decking
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 6:36pm On Jun 13, 2021
rotecch77:
Thanks you all both the client “ bigtiie” and concerned member, I will be back when less busy with full detailed of what transpired among my team and the job given to us to handle.

Remains bless
rotecch77 u said when you less busy when your house is burning, come and attend to this now, save your name and your source of income
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BiigTee: 6:37pm On Jun 13, 2021

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 6:40pm On Jun 13, 2021
Baba n3xt come and help us here.

Bigtree and rotecch77 both are having big issues here, we need ur attention
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BiigTee: 6:42pm On Jun 13, 2021

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BiigTee: 6:45pm On Jun 13, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 6:47pm On Jun 13, 2021
BiigTee:
Engineers.. This still hasn't gotten to the worst part..

As the upper block work progressed.. The seasoned engineer on site noticed that the decking Rotech77 of Arbo contractor cast was sloping in various areas of the house and the slope was in some areas 10 inches.. That means.. If u put 9 coaches on one side of the building it equaled 10 coaches on the other side... I called rotech and told him about this and he vehemently disagreed that this could not be possible.. Even tho he was not on site when the decking was cast
. He put a junior colleague to oversee the job and that junior colleague in turn put another junior colleague to supervise a job as critical as decking

Kai... So unfortunate. Even good contractors are now cutting corners and cheating clients in this covid economy. Sorry sir.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 6:52pm On Jun 13, 2021
Nosa111:
N3,200 Enugu
N3,350 Anambra

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 7:04pm On Jun 13, 2021
BiigTee:
This right here is merely the first step.. I don't mind spending my last money to make sure major blogs in Nigeria publish my story.. Rotech77 of Arbo contractor .. Approx 1.2m is going to cost u alot that u have spent years to build! It was all avoidable!
baba before doing this let the mediators here try and sort this out for you and him, I believe there will be solution baba
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 7:06pm On Jun 13, 2021
spyder880:

N3,200 Enugu
N3,350 Anambra
hslbroker2:
people are coming they just finished sleeping after church service sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 7:08pm On Jun 13, 2021
hslbroker2:
what is the size of your land.

60 x 120 or 50 x 100?

Is it waterlogged or dry land?

Do u want to use 6 inches or 9 inches?

With this little calculation below you can help yourself, if you can't, I can help u with the calculations.

The Simplest Way To Calculate The Numbers Of Blocks U Need For Your Fence

The simplest way to calculate the numbers of blocks you need for your fence project, assuming you are fencing a land measuring 120 feet by 60 ft, a standard plot

This calculation is based on 9 inches block fence .
The measurement we are using is 120 ft (length) and since we have two lengths that is multiply by 2 which is 240 ft. (120 x 2) = 240

The breadth is 60 ft and also since we have 2 breadths that equal 120 ft (60 x 2) = 120
Then (240 + 120) that is 360 feet perimeter line fencing.

The calculation

(we are to convert this 360 feet to inches ) since a foot is 12 inches , now let us multiply 12 inches by 360 ft which is 4320 inches.

Now to get the line numbers of blocks that will go around the fence perimeters of 4320 inches or 360 feet, we would need to divide 4320 by 18 inches, since the length of any block be it 6 inches or 9 inches is 18inches.

Now 4320 inches divide by 18 inches is approximately 240 line of blocks , then we must multiply that by the numbers of coaches of blocks you want for your height, assuming 7 ft which is 9 coaches that means 240 multiply by 9 which is 2160 blocks, i have been using this method for years without any mistake, and for this work, you only need 30 bags of cements, one bag of cement to 50 blocks.

for your pillars between the fence, let assume 6 blocks from one pillar to the next pillar, that means 6 divide by 240 which is 40 pillars.

40 lengths of 12mm iron rod, since one pillar is equivalent to 1 length.

3 lengths of 16mm iron rod for the 2 big pillars holding the gate.

90 planks of soft wood for the framing.

1 truck of granite (granite would be use for the wall foundation and columns or pillars )

90 tons of Sharp Sand or dagbolu.

Let me know if this help ma
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 7:16pm On Jun 13, 2021
hslbroker2:
I sell hardwood

2x2@N400

2x3@N500

2x4@N600

3x4@N1, 000

2x6@N1, 200

1x12@N2, 000

Call 0-7-0-6-2-3-2-9-5-0-5 or WhatsApp for more
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BashyBuilds: 7:33pm On Jun 13, 2021
BashyBuilds:
I am so sorry people in the house dat I couldn't come on for a while it's just a little health care, nw I'm back for ur good service and encouraging to develop ur site and properties, l am back 100%.thanks
Good evening my dear great customers in the house long time wishing everyone d best of previous situations in the country, l'm expecting d calls frm u. Thanks u all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 7:48pm On Jun 13, 2021
BashyBuilds:
Good evening my dear great customers in the house long time wishing everyone d best of previous situations in the country, l'm expecting d calls frm u. Thanks u all
u will get call soon
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 7:50pm On Jun 13, 2021
Nosa111:
we all need your attention here
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BiigTee: 7:52pm On Jun 13, 2021
Can you all see the amount of concrete that was cast to level the decking the a professional claimed to have supervised! No, look at it and tell me why I should feel happy! 10" of thick concrete! Even thicker than decking which is usually 6"

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:54pm On Jun 13, 2021
Let me remind you of what I do. I'm a welder with a bit touch of professionalism. I will do your job to details while ensuring that you have the comfort and peace of mind that you deserve having spent your money.

You can't pay me and worry about your job delivery and stuff cause I will ensure I do it according to specifications and timely delivery.

Let me handle your project and you will be glad you did

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2256) (2257) (2258) (2259) (2260) (2261) (2262) ... (3667) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.