Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,479 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2257) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4368408 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2254) (2255) (2256) (2257) (2258) (2259) (2260) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 9:36am On Jun 13, 2021
Jasobry:

I'm not an expert but be very sure of that measurements. Some gave me 213/220

While others were within the same range

Measurement was carried out by myself and i am 100% sure of the accuracy.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 9:41am On Jun 13, 2021
Muyi002:

Measurement was carried out by myself and i am 100% sure of the accuracy.

Okay..

Start with 50 bags of cement.

50kg of filax... Sponge.

8 litres of vegetable oil.

8 bars of ivory or Eva soap.

Half roll of binding wire
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 9:43am On Jun 13, 2021
Muyi002:

Please builders/POP experts in the house, could you assist with the number of items per sqm for
1. Bags of POP cement
2. Kg of Sponge
3. any other material.

It will assist in the next phase of my project o. Total Sqm is 203 for my project

Just book 50bags of cement

80Kg of fillers

Nails, Range , casting board , binding wires , oil & soap.

PS: your POP Design would also determine the amount of Materials.

Edit: You're to Provide Scaffolds & Water.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dwanay(m): 9:45am On Jun 13, 2021
You can always trust the process...pls call for your tiling service

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 9:45am On Jun 13, 2021
Check out our thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/6534100/interior-design-project#102078403

We're available for your POP works.

Call/WhatsApp : zero7zero169611zero1

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 9:47am On Jun 13, 2021
Jasobry:

Okay..

50kg of filax... Sponge.

This is getting interesting o. please how much is fillers per KG, thats the only thing i need now
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 9:48am On Jun 13, 2021
Muyi002:

This is getting interesting o. please how much is fillers per KG, thats the only thing i need now

Which one is filler
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 9:50am On Jun 13, 2021
Jasobry:

Okay..

50kg of filax... Sponge.

For the life of me, I didn't know vegetable oil and bar soap are used in POP. What are they used for? Or is the materials not for a POP work?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 9:52am On Jun 13, 2021
diordaves:

For the life of me, I didn't know vegetable oil and bar soap are used in POP. What are they used for? Or is the materials not for a POP work?

They dissolve the soap inside the Oil..then use it on the Glass or board to get a smooth surface and avoid sticking

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 9:56am On Jun 13, 2021
Jasobry:

Which one is filler

filax
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 9:58am On Jun 13, 2021
diordaves:

The Soap & oil: they're mixed together to help the casting Process.

Casting: is the process of creating Pop boards using fillers & water.

The mixture of soap & oil: is poured on the casting board/glass for easy removal of the casted pop when it dries off.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 10:04am On Jun 13, 2021
hamtabfawaz:

80Kg of fillers

this is misleading 50bags won't do anything sir even though he doing just plain design.. to be on the safe side client shiould get 80 bags first. And by the way prices of these items are not stable.

Charges per sqm varies, it depend on design and how good the installer is
https://www.nairaland.com/6564561/pop-design-tv-wall-installation

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 10:06am On Jun 13, 2021
Laudbtc:
Good day engineers, please which submissive 1hp pumping that’s durable can you recommend and cost too
cc topsy23
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 10:09am On Jun 13, 2021
[quote author=Muyi002 post=102672719]

filax[/quot

I got mine for 1400/kg

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 10:11am On Jun 13, 2021
bolu1986:
this is misleading 50bags won't do anything sir even though he doing just plain design.. to be on the safe side client shiould get 80 bags first. And by the way prices of these items are not stable.

What is misleading... Read and comprehend.

I said start with 50 bags

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 10:18am On Jun 13, 2021
diordaves:

The process in pictures, the vegetable oil and the soap are first sprayed on the surface of the board before addition of the fillax and then the dissolved POP cement is spread and allowed to solidify, then the hardened board is then extracted as a white board.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 10:23am On Jun 13, 2021

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 10:25am On Jun 13, 2021
Jasobry:

What is misleading... Read and comprehend.

I said start with 50 bags
apologies sir might have mis interpreted your message
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 10:26am On Jun 13, 2021
bolu1986:

Icsl cheesy, how would you say 50bags won't do anything'. Nawa oh, undecided . At least he should book 50bags or more.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 10:26am On Jun 13, 2021
spyder880:

The process in pictures, the vegetable oil and the soap are first sprayed on the surface of the board before addition of the fillax and then the dissolved POP cement is spread and allowed to solidify.

Wow this your platform is big o
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 10:28am On Jun 13, 2021
bolu1986:

Wow this your platform is big o

Yes, we are producing with 8ft x 4ft boards, which we had placed a separator to make two boards of 4x4 ft. It makes the production process faster.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 10:29am On Jun 13, 2021
bolu1986:

Thanks Oga Bolu.

Seems you are an Oga in this Field. Please could you assist with items below on a per square meter basis. It is to guide my steps towards the achievement of this phase of the project.
1. Bags of POP cement
2. Kg of Sponge/Fillax

Please I will appreciate your response.

Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 10:30am On Jun 13, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 10:32am On Jun 13, 2021
spyder880:

Yes, we are producing with 8ft x 4ft boards, which we had placed a separator to make two boards of 4x4 ft. It makes the production process faster.

Same i used.. got an mdf board for it

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 10:32am On Jun 13, 2021
hamtabfawaz:

Icsl cheesy, how would you say 50bags won't do anything'. Nawa oh, undecided . At least he should book 50bags or more.
yes he can start with that but was expecting you to least give him the materials needed to finish the project...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:56am On Jun 13, 2021
hamtabfawaz:

80Kg of fillers

I continue to find this to be ridiculous. Why can’t they invest in aluminum scaffolding? It’s akin to masons telling clients to provide poun poun and shobiri.

But this is Nigeria, up is down, left is right cool

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:59am On Jun 13, 2021
spyder880:

The process in pictures, the vegetable oil and the soap are first sprayed on the surface of the board before addition of the fillax and then the dissolved POP cement is spread and allowed to solidify, then the hardened board is then extracted as a white board.

Oga mi, in your opinion, is the finished product easily transportable and can be manufactured offsite?

I truly detest the mess that POP guys create onsite.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 11:02am On Jun 13, 2021
bolu1986:
yes he can start with that but was expecting you to least give him the materials needed to finish the project...

Okies bro!

Now I got you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:02am On Jun 13, 2021
Dwanay:
You can always trust the process...pls call for your tiling service

Please these two pictures shows horrid workmanship and shouldn’t be used to showcase your work.

I come in peace.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 11:03am On Jun 13, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Oga mi, in your opinion, is the finished product easily transportable and can be manufactured offsite?

Yes it can be manufactured offsite and transported into the site with minimal damage, but the mess it creates if made onsite could easily be erased by other building processes like wall screeding and painting or tiling in the case of floors. This is why I want my POP ceilings done immediately after wall plastering, and before the screeding or tiling.

In truth, POP paste makes a lot of mess as workers spread the paste around.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 11:04am On Jun 13, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I have done this before but then the manufacture board has to be close to site because of damage... And there will still be mess sir cause we still need to use wet pop cement and other materials to attached the board to the ceiling noggins

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:05am On Jun 13, 2021
bolu1986:
I have done this before but then the manufacture board has to be close to site because of damage... And there will still be mess sir cause we still need to use wet pop cement and other materials to attached the board to the ceiling noggins

Okay thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2254) (2255) (2256) (2257) (2258) (2259) (2260) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: bolseas(f), RockOfAgesAlumi(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.