Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,823 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2270) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4388307 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2267) (2268) (2269) (2270) (2271) (2272) (2273) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:56am On Jun 17, 2021

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:59am On Jun 17, 2021

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 3:42am On Jun 17, 2021
Lol head ? Ur ways no clean at all. You better change b4 u end up like ur mates. Bye

Chekitaut:
My name dey give u headache abi grin...

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:46am On Jun 17, 2021
kopell:
Please stop this your old ideology for building mass housing. Your cost analysis may not be possible, if government is determined to build homes for its citizens at low cost the, can do it with today technology. Most houses are prefabricated in factories, if Chinese can build 1,500 rooms of emergency hospitals in one week what stop us doing the same. I wish I can upload a video of a community of 500 houses including all its utilities, part ways, recreative center, etc that was built here in 6 months. Please house can be pre-fabricated in factory assembly in 48 hours with the present technology. It is possible to build over 1000 houses in three months.

Without state-of-the-art facilities and equipments, I’m delivering foundation of 4 buildings in less than 20 days (average of 5 days per unit).

So I won’t contest whether government can do it or cannot. The big question remains “When?” And “Will they ever do it even with unlimited resources at their disposal?”

Even if they did, “Will these buildings be given to those who really need them?” And “At what cost?”

These and many more questions are the reasons why most of us here chose to build our own houses and leave govt to do their own thing.

I think we should talk about the Nigerian government we know and not the one we hope for.

________

Most of the lands in Lagos state housing scheme are over N20m per plot

Is that how we are going to achieve affordable housing in Nigeria?

________

The only governor that I know of that has done something meaningful and truly affordable for the masses is my big boss Otunba Gbenga Daniel.
Laderin Workers Estate was sold at N999k / 1 bed expandable to 3 bedroom flat on almost a full plot of land.

Today, the same estate is sold for millions.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:27am On Jun 17, 2021
Whenever we talk about government that works, let’s stop comparing Nigeria and China.

They’re planets apart.

LASG has been on Lekki/Epe Expressway for almost one and half decades.

China build an average of 6,000 miles of highways and bridges per year.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 8:49am On Jun 17, 2021
money121:

Tested ok
I recommend him

Buying paints or Painting your home is exciting, but choosing the right colours, products, and house painters while ensuring your family’s safety can be a huge task. That's where we come in with our aim to make home painting a safe and great experience! With Value Paints Safe Painting Services, re-imagine your home as a huge canvas.

Now get an Online Consultation with Value the Paints Safe Painting Services and let us guide you through all the questions you may have.

To buy paint or paint your home, please give us a call at 08163862804.

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 9:16am On Jun 17, 2021
bobkezel:
Good evening House, pls which would you advise...
Elevated dining room or dining room same level with the sitting room...

I had to click almost 10 times from where you tagged me to the real question - thanks for the extra work you gave me.. lol..

Well, sometimes it depends on the design, and most times it's a matter of choice... but since you asked, it means you have a love for elevated dining (wink) so entertain yourself and have it so. (150mm - 300mm wld do)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 9:23am On Jun 17, 2021
bobkezel:
Good evening House, pls which would you advise...
Elevated dining room or dining room same level with the sitting room...

Note that elevated dinning permanently divides the sitting room.

You have to consider the total area of the sitting room.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 9:52am On Jun 17, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 10:28am On Jun 17, 2021
50 feet by 100 feet (450sqm) of land for sale at Ovbiogie, Benin City. The land is located just 2km from the popular University of Benin, Benin City, Edo State.

Price: 1.35m (discounted from 1.5m)

Contact me for enquiry.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 10:29am On Jun 17, 2021
Thanks to the nairalander who trusted us

#pop

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 10:32am On Jun 17, 2021
KIDfurniture:
Lol head ? Ur ways no clean at all. You better change b4 u end up like ur mates. Bye

Oga on business challenge matter walahi u get Golden award from me. Wetin your eyes no they like contribution on building matter only on dispute. I bow for you ooo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 10:36am On Jun 17, 2021
@lorhema well-done oooo, u be amebo no be small, always sharing.... Easy ooo.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 10:43am On Jun 17, 2021
@Chekitaut, how much is Sharp Sand and Granite to Epe?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 10:50am On Jun 17, 2021
Buying paints or Painting your home is exciting, but choosing the right colours, products, and house painters while ensuring your family’s safety can be a huge task. That's where we come in with our aim to make home painting a safe and great experience! With Value Paints Safe Painting Services, re-imagine your home as a huge canvas.

Now get an Online Consultation with Value the Paints Safe Painting Services and let us guide you through all the questions you may have.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 10:53am On Jun 17, 2021
bolu1986:
Thanks to the nairalander who trusted us

#pop

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 12:54pm On Jun 17, 2021
sgtponzihater1:

How many people can afford this 200k above house also?
these are the houses the average MAN livs in bro
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 1:05pm On Jun 17, 2021
saydfact:

I had to click almost 10 times from where you tagged me to the real question - thanks for the extra work you gave me.. lol..

Well, sometimes it depends on the design, and most times it's a matter of choice... but since you asked, it means you have a love for elevated dining (wink) so entertain yourself and have it so. (150mm - 300mm wld do)
No sir, im not a fan of elevated dining, just that people including wifey said i should do elevated dining. I prefer same level but they say it's no longer in vogue.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 1:12pm On Jun 17, 2021
bobkezel:

No sir, im not a fan of elevated dining, just that people including wifey said i should do elevated dining. I prefer same level but they say it's no longer in vogue.

Open sitting room without carved out dining will always be preferred any day.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 1:31pm On Jun 17, 2021
bobkezel:

Abeg do elevated dining as madam talk o. If you like do same level, but no just call us when dem lock you for outside.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 1:33pm On Jun 17, 2021
Ok oh..apologies sha..I no just like as na only ur handle dey cause noise for this class o

Chekitaut:
Oga on business challenge matter walahi u get Golden award from me. Wetin your eyes no they like contribution on building matter only on dispute. I bow for you ooo

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hatesin: 2:07pm On Jun 17, 2021
Jasobry:

Open sitting room without carved out dining will always be preferred any day.

I see all these carved out dining areas as waste of space coz it doesn't take long and it will stop being used as dining again and then you can't use it for another reasonable purpose because it's open to the sitting room.

Why not have the dining area near the kitchen just for the family and then serve your guests in the sitting room using side tables.

This way, any family member can comfortably eat in the dining without having to attract or distract the activities in the sitting room.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 2:26pm On Jun 17, 2021
bobkezel:

Na women get the house ooh - just do as madam says....

Goodluck
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 2:28pm On Jun 17, 2021
n3xt:
Announcement!!!

https://www.kobocity.com/d/214-announcement-admission-into-lagos-state-technical-colleges-now-in-progress

Hi Next,

why are my original articles flooding the pages of kobocity without my permission and without referencing my blog were it was all taking from?

we're talking about 5 different articles....

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:44pm On Jun 17, 2021
saydfact:

Na women get the house ooh - just do as madam says....

Goodluck

And we that have no Madam nko? Who get am for the house? grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 2:49pm On Jun 17, 2021
n3xt:

Without state-of-the-art facilities and equipments, I’m delivering foundation of 4 buildings in less than 20 days (average of 5 days per unit).

So I won’t contest whether government can do it or cannot. The big question remains “When?” And “Will they ever do it even with unlimited resources at their disposal?”

Even if they did, “Will these buildings be given to those who really need them?” And “At what cost?”

These and many more questions are the reasons why most of us here chose to build our own houses and leave [b]govt to do their own thing.

I think we should talk about the Nigerian government we know and not the one we hope for.

________

Most of the lands in Lagos state housing scheme are over N20m per plot

Is that how we are going to achieve affordable housing in Nigeria?

________

The only governor that I know of that has done something meaningful and truly affordable for the masses is my big boss Otunba Gbenga Daniel.
Laderin Workers Estate was sold at N999k / 1 bed expandable to 3 bedroom flat on almost a full plot of land.

Today, the same estate is sold for millions.
You start with good points, but in the middle of your write up you miss it by saying @ bold LET THE GOVERNMENT DO THEIR OWN THING with many Nigerians that thinks same. Most times you people forget the power to change is in hands. Imagine what could have been American if Trump win second term, if he try to turn institutions that has been in existence for 300 years working for people to his own advantage, that is the power of change that am referring to.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 2:52pm On Jun 17, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

lol grin grin grin grin grin nkechi has it

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 2:53pm On Jun 17, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

You don start?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Beframia: 3:37pm On Jun 17, 2021
My own wifey kicked against the elevated dinning and the demarcating arch and I had to do her bidding.

bobkezel:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 4:13pm On Jun 17, 2021
Kentucky404:

Are you that jobless?

Why must you quote almost everybody.

You act like a kid & it's obvious....

I come in Peace ooo grin
am not jobless, and it obvious you don't know how this started before you jump in, I was busy that is why I have no time to reply u immediately, I also come in peace with all due respect.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 4:30pm On Jun 17, 2021
n3xt:
LASG ENGAGES DEVELOPERS, LAUNCHES MPPUD MOBILE APP

https://www.kobocity.com/blog/215-lasg-engages-developers-on-building-right-launches-mppud-mobile-app
many people here really appreciate you, the reward is enormous in the future, just keep this up.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2267) (2268) (2269) (2270) (2271) (2272) (2273) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: collab and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.