Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4369645 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2269) (2270) (2271) (2272) (2273) (2274) (2275) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:57am On Jun 18, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 5:02am On Jun 18, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

And we that have no Madam nko? Who get am for the house? grin

Na still madam get am Sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 5:17am On Jun 18, 2021
erico2k2:

your are missing the point, this is in the USA, so people who are on the middle class ie teachers and other civil servants in the USA can afford them houses, no Nigeria, if placed in the Nigerian context might have to be N15million or N20 million payable over 30 years
#20M will not build such house in today’s Nigeria. No bank would ever do 30years fixed interest mortgage in Nigeria. The country is not stable enough for such long term investment by the bank on a private residential property.
Moreover, mortgage interest rate is encouraging in the US but with double digit interest rate in Nigeria, the payment becomes something else.
However even with high interest rate, if banks were financing mortgage for ordinary people in Nigeria, that would have helped to get people stable financially through asset appreciation.
Imagine how much a house worth #10M last five years would be worth today in Nigeria.
With a steady income, one could hold a mortgage for a while and the sell to take profit. They don’t have to hold for 30 years.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:03am On Jun 18, 2021

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:16am On Jun 18, 2021
kopell:
You start with good points, but in the middle of your write up you miss it by saying @ bold LET THE GOVERNMENT DO THEIR OWN THING with many Nigerians that thinks same. Most times you people forget the power to change is in hands. Imagine what could have been American if Trump win second term, if he try to turn institutions that has been in existence for 300 years working for people to his own advantage, that is the power of change that am referring to.

You are talking about America where votes count, baba.

I’m just being realistic here.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:20am On Jun 18, 2021
Just the way the master ordered it.

#TheNonuplets #AffordableMeetsEfficiency #ColumShutters

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ajiswaggs(m): 6:33am On Jun 18, 2021
Hi engineers in the room. Please I want to know the price of pre cast (parapet cement work) per sqm cost. I'm planning on doing this soon and the the price the pop man is calling is very high. He calculated round the building of 58sqm,he said they do it #3000 per sqm after I provide all the materials available to use.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 6:53am On Jun 18, 2021
Ajiswaggs:
Hi engineers in the room. Please I want to know the price of pre cast (parapet cement work) per sqm cost. I'm planning on doing this soon and the the price the pop man is calling is very high. He calculated round the building of 58sqm,he said they do it #3000 per sqm after I provide all the materials available to use.
it is not high bro, where is your site located matters, in Ogun and Lagos, we do N2, 700 u pick any design u want, we do the casting and installation, best and perfection that will be uploaded here daily from beginning to the end, outside Lagos and Ogun is N3, 000.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 7:44am On Jun 18, 2021
The Lord bless all hardworking men and women here in Jesus name (Amen)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:57am On Jun 18, 2021
Alongst with perfumes and dog mating ads, now I get to have religious bs shoved down my throat?

Oga o,

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by justified007: 8:06am On Jun 18, 2021
n3xt:

I love this columshutters . Can I get to have a chat with you on wattsapp Sir

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 8:08am On Jun 18, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
Alongst with perfumes and dog mating ads, now I get to have religious bs shoved down my throat?

Oga o,
Sir pls chill
The dog issh was a one time thing
This religious post a one time thing too
E calm down sir

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:19am On Jun 18, 2021
justified007:

I love this columshutters . Can I get to have a chat with you on wattsapp Sir

Yeah we love it too!

We were able to cut down wastage and minimize downtime on this project by 70%.

080234. 29122

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Anointingkennel(m): 8:20am On Jun 18, 2021
Massive Both Sex Big Bone Caucasian pups Available in Jos, Can Waybill Nationwide Watsap/call 0-8-1-0-0-9-3-4-2-1-0

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 8:41am On Jun 18, 2021
n3xt:

That’s more like it. Just make it official.

LET'S LEAVE IT THERE - THERE'S NO NEED TO REMOVE, BEST WISHES grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KelvinCoaster(m): 9:04am On Jun 18, 2021
saydfact:

LET'S LEAVE IT THERE - THERE'S NO NEED TO REMOVE, BEST WISHES grin grin
Just imagine!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hatesin: 9:11am On Jun 18, 2021
Ajiswaggs:

Firstly, measure the said building yourself and get the sqm coz it's likely not going to be up to the 58 he quoted. That is where the ripping off starts.

They MUST increase the measurement and start cutting off your head from there. So shine your eyes.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 9:16am On Jun 18, 2021
sonnie10:

#20M will not build such house in today’s Nigeria. No bank would ever do 30years fixed interest mortgage in Nigeria. The country is not stable enough for such long term investment by the bank on a private residential property.
Moreover, mortgage interest rate is encouraging in the US but with double digit interest rate in Nigeria, the payment becomes something else.
However even with high interest rate, if banks were financing mortgage for ordinary people in Nigeria, that would have helped to get people stable financially through asset appreciation.
Imagine how much a house worth #10M last five years would be worth today in Nigeria.
With a steady income, one could hold a mortgage for a while and the sell to take profit. They don’t have to hold for 30 years.
Point of correction N20m will build you a 3 bedroom house I n Nigeria, its one unit not the whole block FYI as we speak there are still houses under £80k in the Uk as we speak. The mortgage comparison has nothing to do with Nigeria was just used as an illustration. Once again hand o n chest, I can tell you N20m will build you a house, the finishing might not be top-notch but it will I know this as I am an experimental builder as it is and my build is o ongoing bits by bits anytime I enter 9ja!
As for the mortgage, no one said 30 years in Nigeria rather 30 years in the US.You are talking about 30 years mortgage impossible in Nigeria, I recon you seem to forget how mortgages work.Even in the west, the vast majority of us do no pay up our mortgage, we just remortgage and harvest equity for a newer mortgage don't forget the bank can always take back their hows and re issue a new mortgage on such!so what have they got to lose?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 9:18am On Jun 18, 2021
n3xt:

Liking the magnetic Plum
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:24am On Jun 18, 2021
Greenarrow01:

Sir pls chill
The dog issh was a one time thing
This religious post a one time thing too
E calm down sir

I advise you to stay in your lane sad

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:25am On Jun 18, 2021
erico2k2:

Liking the magnetic Plum

Yeah! Bostitch Magnetic Torpedo Level works well with steel shutters.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:27am On Jun 18, 2021
erico2k2:

Point of correction N20m will build you a 3 bedroom house I n Nigeria, its one unit not the whole block FYI as we speak there are still houses under £80k in the Uk as we speak. The mortgage comparison has nothing to do with Nigeria was just used as an illustration. Once again hand o n chest, I can tell you N20m will build you a house, the finishing might not be top-notch but it will I know this as I am an experimental builder as it is and my build is o ongoing bits by bits anytime I enter 9ja!
As for the mortgage, no one said 30 years in Nigeria rather 30 years in the US.You are talking about 30 years mortgage impossible in Nigeria, I recon you seem to forget how mortgages work.Even in the west, the vast majority of us do no pay up our mortgage, we just remortgage and harvest equity for a newer mortgage don't forget the bank can always take back their hows and re issue a new mortgage on such!so what have they got to lose?

I agree that N20M will put up a nice structure in Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 9:45am On Jun 18, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I agree that N20M will put up a nice structure in Nigeria.
Thank you baba, howfar with that Ebay thing?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 9:46am On Jun 18, 2021
n3xt:

Yeah! Bostitch Magnetic Torpedo Level works well with steel shutters.
Every scaffolder should have one.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 9:58am On Jun 18, 2021
erico2k2:

Some times is better to read and move on. Many people don't understand how this things work. Imagine talking of 20m, as hard as it is in Lagos 20m can buy land and build average 3 bedroom in average neighborhood mortgage free for life

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:01am On Jun 18, 2021
erico2k2:

Thank you baba, howfar with that Ebay thing?

Still on the matter. What I need to be able to do is just order without bothering you guys.

Thanks mate.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:02am On Jun 18, 2021
erico2k2:

Every scaffolder should have one.

Good construction project management must vigorously pursue the efficient utilization of labor, material and equipment

Most construction projects always focus on the first two and pay less attention to equipments.

I won’t mind exploring robotic bricklaying in the future. grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 10:04am On Jun 18, 2021
kopell:
Some times is better to read and move on. Many people don't understand how this things work. Imagine talking of 20m, as hard as it is in Lagos 20m can buy land and build average 3 bedroom in average neighborhood mortgage free for life
ahah nah true, U are very correct, if you don't get stuck in you will never u understand how these things work.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 10:05am On Jun 18, 2021
n3xt:

Good construction project management must vigorously pursue the efficient utilization of labor, material and equipment

Most construction projects always focus on the first two and pay less attention to equipments.

If you remember on the Old property thread,Tools and Equipment of the trade this was what gave birth to this new thread wen me and one baba here say we go use crane build our house, I nor call names ohhh I come in peace grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 10:06am On Jun 18, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Still on the matter. What I need to be able to do is just order without bothering you guys.

Thanks mate.
Ok no qualms

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 10:07am On Jun 18, 2021
n3xt:

I was just praying for God not to let anything happen to the guys on the scaffold on my build when it was put up, no safety and the thing bed and no anchor chei, I just was praying

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2269) (2270) (2271) (2272) (2273) (2274) (2275) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: adeememman(m), raymondFirstborn(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.