Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,029 members, 7,814,510 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2439) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4381333 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2436) (2437) (2438) (2439) (2440) (2441) (2442) ... (3666) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:21am On Sep 05, 2021
Please I need advice on using subframe for my windows... I have seen a lot of problems with some Subframe; like of square, gaps after installation of the windows and other problems. Will it be advisable to install the windows directly?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ceelog(m): 6:52am On Sep 05, 2021
boyestick:
House,Please what is the cheapest way to screed exterior of a duplex and cost implication ?thanks in advance.

Option 1.

Paint with a primer emulsion paint. Sandpaper after drying. Won't be very smooth but a very cheap method.

Option 2. Buy and use ready mix screed putty white color. @Gbadexy can help you with this. Its better and cheaper than mixing ones

#myExperienceAndOpinion

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 8:10am On Sep 05, 2021
InvertedHammer:

/
I don't know about Lagos but in PH when I had issues with them,I threatened to go to war with them--we die once. I promised them heavy casualties on both sides. One thing was certain--they don't want to die. By the way, that was a phone conversation.

I made contacts with their Vice Chairman, paid him off and had him keep his boys at bay. At a point I had to grease the palms of their igwe and cabinet . But in all, I spent about 40% of the original amount demanded. Being a gentleman could be a vice sometimes in Nigeria.
/

Brethren, if you have any omonile issue, @bolded, is the cheapest way to resolve it.

Just like every other living thing, there's a way to get your way.. in the animal kingdom, be at peace with mother elephant and she will give you a pass to their community.. remember a queen bee?

Same thing with human, if you could locate the king of boys or any of their high chiefs things will be easier for you but the trouble there is, lots of time those folks are very scarce to be found.

I have done same like InvertedHammer did and I paid wayyyy less than his boys were demanding.. I was able to locate the king of boys and it happened he traveled to squander his money grin , I drove from different country, a journey of round trip 1hr 45 mins.
I told him Chief, I am trying to be like you when I grow up but your boys won't let me,, gave him the run down,, and the address of the build..
My omonile payment was his restaurant tab and a ticket to watch a live football match.
Folks thought I came in for a fight, but in business you gotta know when to fight and when to negotiate..

So try and locate the king of boys if you can, and it could be very hard and sometimes they might not want to listen to you. If you are not from that area, go with someone that is from that area, it will make your life easier..

Cheers!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 8:39am On Sep 05, 2021
Focusmind:

These may look good to some people. But for me, it would be as if I am under heavy loads. Looking at these ceilings may even cause me headache. I love my ceilings to be straight, plain with fine details.

The more complicated POP ceiling becomes, the more it looses appeal to me. This is my own position. Everybody has his own taste.
Yes, such designs would be in the living room only

The rest of the rooms would have a calm design
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 8:40am On Sep 05, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

IMHO, it’s relative and subject to individual taste. The ceilings you posted feels overdone to me. But I’ve never been a fan of lodge houses.

Attached are pictures from a $18M house. Flat ceilings.

I come in peace.
This is Beautiful Chief,

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 8:40am On Sep 05, 2021
sonnie10:

Do you have contact for the pop person or it’s just stock photo?
I saw it on an interior page
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tiztonio(m): 11:22am On Sep 05, 2021
Charisdesigns:
Responsive to change
For the love of flat roof
Here a 2,1,1 bungalow design smiley

https://www.nairaland.com/5783134/thread-bungalow-designs.we-offer-planningdesigning/2#105485196
I love this flat roof design
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 12:14pm On Sep 05, 2021
Tiztonio:

I love this flat roof design

I am glad you like.

As a matter of fact, if one is building a kobo kobo project, I think it is economical to do a flat roof.

See how the processing fee for your building plan approval is been worked

L X B X H of Building x MF

(L X B X H of Building x MF stands for the length , Width and height of the building)

(MF means Multiplying Factor for the location of the Proposed Building from foundation to roof top of the Proposed Building.)
Different Areas have different MFs.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 12:38pm On Sep 05, 2021
chidi4eze:

Okay thank you. We agreed 160k for about 170 square meters.

Yeah Good Enough ✓
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 1:11pm On Sep 05, 2021
Charisdesigns:

I am glad you like.

As a matter of fact, if one is building a kobo kobo project, I think it is economical to do a flat roof.

(L X B X H of Building x MF stands for the length , Width and height of the building)

(MF means Multiplying Factor for the location of the Proposed Building from foundation to roof top of the Proposed Building.)

So therefore, when you have the send down the rain roof, you are sending down more money to the government.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 1:14pm On Sep 05, 2021
Charisdesigns:

I am glad you like.

Hello sir, this calculation can’t be seen as right amount except if something as charge since last year. Especially the estimate of S.E.C it way to much. May be other people that apply for approval within last year can tip in their experience. Location matters I no this because I have one in those locations that State considers charging prime rate. Please don’t let us scared people away from doing the right things because of cost.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 1:15pm On Sep 05, 2021
Charisdesigns:
Hello sir, this calculation can’t be seen as right amount except if something as charge since last year. Especially the estimate of S.E.C it way to much. May be other people that apply for approval within last year can tip in their experience. Location matters I no this because I have one in those locations that State considers charging prime rate. Please don’t let us scared people away from doing the right things because of cost.

I am glad you like.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 1:29pm On Sep 05, 2021
kopell:

This is purely for educational purpose, processing fee is been revised “increased “every now and then.

Pic1 one is an assessments as at March this year

I received pic2 just 2 weeks ago.

Modified: pictures removed
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 1:40pm On Sep 05, 2021
Charisdesigns:

This is purely for educational purpose, processing fee is been revised “increased “every now and then.

Pic1 one is an assessments as at March this year

I received pic2 just 2 weeks ago.
Wow I can believe this just within 11 months, if you don’t mind where are this locations and how many floors are this buildings. S.E.C as increase to about 400% from the amount I did my last year. Thanks for keeping us updated, I couldn’t believe the upward Increase can be this much within one year
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 2:03pm On Sep 05, 2021
kopell:
Wow I can believe this just within 11 months, if you don’t mind where are this locations and how many floors are this buildings. S.E.C as increase to about 400% from the amount I did my last year. Thanks for keeping us updated, I couldn’t believe the upward Increase can be this much within one year

Ikorodu grin

The 700k is for a storey and a bungalow
The 500k is for a duplex
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 2:20pm On Sep 05, 2021
Charisdesigns:

Ikorodu grin

The 700k is for a storey and a bungalow
The 500k is for a duplex

Thank for the information. I can’t imagine how much they are charging for 2 floors duplex building in Lekki Ajah areas at present. I hope you don’t take my questions as attack. I appreciate your gentleman response, we’re here to educate ourselves and share ideas of making homes buildings cheaper as possible without compromising rules and quality. Thank you once again.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 2:24pm On Sep 05, 2021
Happy Sunday to everybody in the house
News arrival of your Spanish Wall product, 25 by 50 Exterior wall tiles available � blessedsunny2
WhatsApp:09077504287,07062955047

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kambols95(m): 2:32pm On Sep 05, 2021
Charisdesigns:

I am glad you like.

What does SEC stand for?

Nice information �pls what does SEC stand for

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by flexyonline: 3:05pm On Sep 05, 2021
kopell:
Thank for the information. I can’t imagine how much they are charging for 2 floors duplex building in Lekki Ajah areas at present. I hope you don’t take my questions as attack. I appreciate your gentleman response, we’re here to educate ourselves and share ideas of making homes buildings cheaper as possible without compromising rules and quality. Thank you once again.
I know folks who got 6million assessment for plan approval for duplex at the beginning of August. The advice is to wait it out that LASG will soon review downwards
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by africaflozy(f): 3:28pm On Sep 05, 2021
Drdreluv:
terminate....use perfectkiller

Thanks sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by africaflozy(f): 3:28pm On Sep 05, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Termites.

If it were my house then I would be using Sniper.

Straight away. Thanks sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by naijacreativeha(f): 3:44pm On Sep 05, 2021
Pls, supplier of blocks, sharp sand, granite, plaster sand in ibadan, reinforcement bar, lafarage concrete mixer pls,I need contact, pls call or whatsapp me on 09036346989 if you supply any of this in ibadan
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 4:37pm On Sep 05, 2021
Hello,

Can you post other colors you have for this design?

Also, how much does this sell for?

Thanks

Blessedsunny2:
Happy Sunday to everybody in the house
News arrival of your Spanish Wall product, 25 by 50 Exterior wall tiles available � blessedsunny2
WhatsApp:09077504287,07062955047

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 6:26pm On Sep 05, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by IDnoble80: 6:51pm On Sep 05, 2021
https://www.nairaland.com/6723296/into-stamp-concrete-flooring/1

for your stamp concrete flooring... talk to us

contact on the link above
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:44pm On Sep 05, 2021
House, who is our plug for roof gutter system?

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 8:08pm On Sep 05, 2021
IDnoble80:
https://www.nairaland.com/6723296/into-stamp-concrete-flooring/1

for your stamp concrete flooring... talk to us

contact on the link above

How do you charge?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:30pm On Sep 05, 2021
folmus:

How do you charge?

Co ask.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by IDnoble80: 8:53pm On Sep 05, 2021
folmus:

How do you charge?
5500 per sqm sir.. materials inclusive can be lower a bit depending on size
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by IDnoble80: 8:53pm On Sep 05, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Co ask.
oh I answered earlier on… it’s 5500 per sqm including Materials

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:14pm On Sep 05, 2021
IDnoble80:
oh I answered earlier on… it’s 5500 per sqm including Materials

Oops my bad.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 9:48pm On Sep 05, 2021
kaoule:
Please I need advice on using subframe for my windows... I have seen a lot of problems with some Subframe; like of square, gaps after installation of the windows and other problems. Will it be advisable to install the windows directly?
Good evening boss
Subframe is very good but it depend on the bricklayer that will plaster it more so it makes house beautiful and neat, even in the future if you want to change the window you don't need to break the wall the only thing to do is to loose the screw you use in tying the window and bring the window out

The ordinary one without subframe is also good and neat it will come with nylon and the bricklayer will have to clean it immediately so that the stain will not scratch the window and it will look beautiful and neat.
For this in the future if you want to remove the window you have to break the wall before removing it
Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2436) (2437) (2438) (2439) (2440) (2441) (2442) ... (3666) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Ojoboak(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.