Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,167 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2924) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4442036 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2921) (2922) (2923) (2924) (2925) (2926) (2927) ... (3678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DrGoodman: 11:58am On Apr 08, 2022
bixton:

With regard to pipes been blocked......I guess it's the decking pipes
(1)Who was on site doing supervision of the casting of the decking slab.........
(2) What the man who did the piping also available when the decking was receiving cement.......

And it's the victim you are asking and not the fraudster?
am suspecting you.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 11:59am On Apr 08, 2022
DrGoodman:

I was reading up on your previous scams, you always insult your victims, even threaten them and mock them and their family members.

ALWAYS...without fail

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 12:00pm On Apr 08, 2022
n3xt:

Yes it’s part of the Contract.
That’s why I’m wondering why you had to request for another quote amidst the contract for electrical pipe works.
It wasn’t as if we negotiated each stage of work separately. It was a turnkey project.

I never had to review my contract with you but you came with option quotes for the electrical pipe works and chose the least bid submitted by the subcontractors contacted.

The job was awarded to the contractor with the least bid.

Am I supposed to sound stupid?

Noted but I’m not the one who had to review a quote vetted by a QS amidst a project and chose to accept the least bid.

I rest.

Who fixed those conduit pipes
Was it you or a subcontractor ?

Forget about wiring
Who fixed the conduit pipes

If you
Why were the pipes blocked?
And why were they inferior

Or did somehow bought the pipes himself .

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 12:04pm On Apr 08, 2022
Simple questions will not be answered.

it would always be rambling non-pertinent distractions brought up.

That is the way of our resident fraudster lunatic builder.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:04pm On Apr 08, 2022
DrGoodman:

The mind of a thief works in mysterious ways, especially a sociopathic thief. That's why some thief's will sneak into the house of a lady and steal panties to sniff, instead of her gold chain .

Ibo latun wa jasi bayi o grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 12:06pm On Apr 08, 2022
bixton:

(1)Who was on site doing supervision of the casting of the decking slab.........
(2) What the man who did the piping also available when the decking was receiving cement.......

Modified..
Cc..n3xt

Bosun handled it as the supervisor and as the contractor paid for as part of the carcass contract.

The issue is not a seperate matter, its part of what makes up the carcass contract.

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 12:08pm On Apr 08, 2022
n3xt:

I’ve moved baba.

I’m not going to drag someone who’s having a great time into your baseless accusation.

A simple question of “Why was there a need for option quotes on electrical pipe work during the project when you already have a contract covering everything in place?” You can’t provide answer.

You started tagging people up and down. Talking about wiring when we were discussing conduit pipe work.

I know lies when I see one. I know deflection when I smell one.

You WIN grin

Says an engineer handling many building projects in his dreams.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:15pm On Apr 08, 2022
Greenarrow01:

Who fixed those conduit pipes
Was it you or a subcontractor ?

Approved subcontractor with the lowest bid from the shortlisted subcontractors we contacted amidst the contract. We send those we can the MEP plan and invited those who can come to visit site.

Forget about wiring
Who fixed the conduit pipes

As explained above.

If you
Why were the pipes blocked?
And why were they inferior
I wasn’t at the site to see the blocked pipes so I wouldn’t know what caused the blockage neither can I presume what the cause could be.
On the issue of inferior, I recommended a professional electrical contractor to bid for this phase of work and he did send in his bid but the client ended up picking the one with lowest bid.

Or did somehow bought the pipes himself .

The client doesn’t need to buy the materials by himself. What the client get is determined by what he paid and not what he wish.

We used local iron rods on the project. The client cannot question the contractor why wasn’t TIGER TMT used.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 12:16pm On Apr 08, 2022
n3xt:

Yes it’s part of the Contract.
That’s why I’m wondering why you had to request for another quote amidst the contract for electrical pipe works.
It wasn’t as if we negotiated each stage of work separately. It was a turnkey project.

I never had to review my contract with you but you came with option quotes for the electrical pipe works and chose the least bid submitted by the subcontractors contacted.

The job was awarded to the contractor with the least bid.

Am I supposed to sound stupid?

Noted but I’m not the one who had to review a quote vetted by a QS amidst a project and chose to accept the least bid.

I rest.

Bosun handled it as the supervisor and as the contractor paid for as part of the carcass contract...

The above is the response from somehow.

At n3xt......
While the contention of the reason behind using substandard cable pipes.......

Please can you be so kind to tell the forum who actually was on site during the concrete pouring of the decking slab and was the person who did the piping also on site or who also actually okayed the piping works before the concrete pouring on the decking was commenced...........

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:21pm On Apr 08, 2022
bixton:

Bosun handled it as the supervisor and as the contractor paid for as part of the carcass contract...

The above is the response from somehow.

At n3xt......
While the contention of the reason behind using substandard cable pipes.......

Please can you be so kind to tell the forum who actually was on site during the concrete pouring of the decking slab and was the person who did the piping also on site or who also actually okayed the piping works before the concrete pouring on the decking was commenced...........

Interestingly Bosun had a project supervisor that was on the clients pay roll who was on the site to check all that was done before we are cleared for concrete pour.

We never did anything unilaterally.

The supervisor was on the project from the very beginning of the project till end. He didn’t miss any part of the build and was around to ascertain the quality and probably quantities of materials at every stage of work.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 12:21pm On Apr 08, 2022
[quote author=n3xt post=111758598]

I wasn’t at the site to see the blocked pipes so I wouldn’t know what caused the blockage neither can I presume what the cause could be.

The only way a pipe can be blocked is if concrete found its way into it which can only occur during when the decking was receiving concrete......

So whoever was responsible for such over site functions/duties should be asked to explain what occurred in the number of days it took to achieve casting of decking to completion.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 12:26pm On Apr 08, 2022
n3xt:

Interestingly Bosun had a project supervisor that was on the clients pay roll who was on the site to check all that was done before we are cleared for concrete pour.

We never did anything unilaterally.

The supervisor was on the project from the very beginning of the project till end. He didn’t miss any part of the build and was around to ascertain the quality and probably quantities of materials at every stage of work.

The so called supervisor on the client's payroll if I get it right was brought by you and be it the client pays directly to him or indirectly through you then......

If that's the case then you are also responsible for whatever issues that is being dragged here with respect to the pipe blockage and substandard use of same.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:31pm On Apr 08, 2022
bixton:

The so called supervisor on the client's payroll if I get it right was brought by you and be it the client pays directly to him or indirectly through you then......

NO

If that's the case then you are also responsible for whatever issues that is being dragged here with respect to the pipe blockage and substandard use of same.

Now that this is not the case, what next? grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:34pm On Apr 08, 2022
I’m not the one one who chose the lowest bid for electrical pipe work.

I’m not the one who cleared the job for casting.

Oya, what else should we blame n3xt for?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 12:34pm On Apr 08, 2022
n3xt:

Approved subcontractor with the lowest bid from the shortlisted subcontractors we contacted amidst the contract. We send those we can the MEP plan and invited those who can come to visit site.

A simple question.

Post evidence to this effect including the names of the subcontractors that we shortlisted for the conduit piping before the contract was signed.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:36pm On Apr 08, 2022
somehow:

A simple question.

Post evidence to this effect including the names of the subcontractors that we shortlisted for the conduit piping before the contract was signed.

Exactly my point.

The whole carcass was on NextHome until you requested for an option quote for the electrical works while we were preparing for the first floor slab.

It makes me wonder why we need another quote when the contractor has already made provision for it. But the client is always right!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 12:36pm On Apr 08, 2022
bixton:

Bosun was paid as the contractor and also paid supervision fees.

Let him prove that he didn't charge supervision fees.

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 12:37pm On Apr 08, 2022
n3xt:

Exactly my point.

The whole carcass was on NextHome until you requested for an option quote for the electrical works while we were preparing for the first floor slab.

It makes me wonder why we need another quote when the contractor has already made provision for it. But the client is always right!

Stop wasting our time.

Post evidence to this effect.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 12:37pm On Apr 08, 2022
I cant believe that this issue is being relitigated here again.

The main supervisor/general contractor is responsible for ALL the works done by his subcontractors/subtrades (as long as IT IS UNDER HIS SCOPE OF WORK )

The idea that carpenter, iron benders bricklayers, sand fillers, concrete pourer are all individually responsible when you were paid as the contractor and supervisor is INSANE...

ANYWAYS THIS AVOIDANCE OF RESPONSIBILITY IS NOT NEW FOR OUR FRAUDSTER BUILDER.

If that's the case why take "credit" for any job since the subcontractors are individually responsible...only want to take credit when it is favorable to do so

17 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:38pm On Apr 08, 2022
somehow:

Bosun was paid as the contractor and also paid supervision fees.

Let him prove that he didn't charge supervision fees.

I still have people I report to on site. Check and balances on project of that scale is normal.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 12:42pm On Apr 08, 2022
This is not new for our fraudster builder.

Remember when he blamed the carpenter for using regular wood when marine board rental was paid to him...

It is always someone else's fault

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 12:46pm On Apr 08, 2022
n3xt:

I still have people I report to on site. Check and balances on project of that scale is normal.

Who were the people you reported to on site?

Post evidence, u no fit, na to dey dribble yourself up and down wasting people's time with your idleness.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 12:47pm On Apr 08, 2022
bixton:

Modified..
Cc..n3xt

Notice how you are not getting simple and clear answers to simple questions?

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 12:47pm On Apr 08, 2022
n3xt:

you are on site . The sub contractor brought cheap bad materials you didn't reject it? Knowing fully well the blame will be on you?

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:48pm On Apr 08, 2022
somehow:

Stop wasting our time.

Post evidence to this effect.

What evidence do you need sir? Is it the evidence to prove that we receive a quote from a known electrical contractor here that you claimed is too much or that we receive an option quote from a local contractor that you ended up picking?

Even the contractor has confirmed here to sending me a quote for a job last year and didn’t know it was yours.

Maybe you forgot you asked me to send your MEP drawings to the electrical contractor to provide bid for the electrical pipe works.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:49pm On Apr 08, 2022
twinskenny:
you are on site . The sub contractor brought cheap bad materials you didn't reject it? Knowing fully well the blame will be on you?

Is local iron rod better than TMT iron rods? Can I reject it when I paid for local rods?

Yes or No?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 12:49pm On Apr 08, 2022
I want to stop here because I can see this is another waste of time.

Message remain : You won't get any new victim on this thread as long as I remain on your case.

New builders, beware!

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 12:51pm On Apr 08, 2022
somehow:

Who were the people you report to on site?

Post evidence, u no fit, na to dey dribble yourself up and down wasting people's time with your idleness.

That is all that is left to do:
Waste the forum's time with non-pertinent information and endless talking in circles.

That is all that is left to do when there are no new victims here

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 12:52pm On Apr 08, 2022
twinskenny:

As a matter of fact, he got all these vendors himself down to cement etc. So I should leave him the contactor I employed to be chasing vendors he sourced for, paid my money to deliver materials to him to do a good job he was contracted to do?

How low can one go?

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:54pm On Apr 08, 2022
somehow:

As a matter of fact, he got all these vendors himself down to cement etc. So I should leave him the contactor I employed to be chasing the vendors he sourced for and paid my money to deliver materials to him?

How low can one go?

You can pretend you didn’t know you asked me to tell Topsy23 to send his quote for Electrical Work of the house and also received the same quote and turned it down.

@Topsy23 sorry for the mention. I do not intend to bring your name up in this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 12:54pm On Apr 08, 2022
n3xt:

Is local iron rod better than TMT iron rods? Can I reject it when I paid for local rods?

Yes or No?

Are you saying the client bought the materials? Or tne client forced you to get those substandard materials? And you don't have a say to reject them?

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 1:02pm On Apr 08, 2022
n3xt:

You can pretend you didn’t know you asked me to tell Topsy23 to send his quote for Electrical Work of the house and also received the same quote and turned it down.

@Topsy23 sorry for the mention. I do not intend to bring your name up in this.

What kind of madness is this?
was Topsy23 for conduit piping or for the complete wiring of the building?

I repeat again, what kind of sickness are you suffering from that you just love to lie even to yourself?

When did you contact Topsy23 and when did you buy/use the pipes for the conduits? (For the foundation and 1st floor decking).

What is Topsy23's business with conduits pipes you quoted for within the carcass quotation?

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2921) (2922) (2923) (2924) (2925) (2926) (2927) ... (3678) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: folmus, Godisgreatest1 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.