Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,788 members, 7,831,548 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2927) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4434238 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2924) (2925) (2926) (2927) (2928) (2929) (2930) ... (3676) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 8:06pm On Apr 08, 2022
sonnie10:

Cool. but still faraway.
I, i will still be here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:13pm On Apr 08, 2022
BrickDevo:

I, i will still be here
Amen
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 8:14pm On Apr 08, 2022
sonnie10:

You might be interested in this. Go to their website, register and join to bid. Logistics, that is shipping, duty and delivery to final designation in Lagos should be about $3500. ( Not including cost of purchase). Total duration for shipment is about 3months.

Thank you daddy
J was thinking of buying at home
Since it will be readily available
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:16pm On Apr 08, 2022
Greenarrow01:

Thank you topsy
I have been waiting for your reply.
It's in epe.
Those IPP
Are they in specific places or they can generate power for you wherever you want
Pls not this is not a big factory
Just a small setup
Where my plan is 200kva generator max
Getting 22hrs power supply in epe will be wonderful
The highest so far is 18hrs
In some places

IPP are presently in Ikoyi, Victoria island, Lekki and part of Ibeju Lekki,

Most of their cables runs through underground

If you can get 18hrs power supply per day that means the area is good. And solar is not the best option based on the total load you have . Solar inverter of 200KVA with lithium battery should be between 50-70m.

The only option available is to run on generator for 4hrs
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 8:16pm On Apr 08, 2022
topsy23:

IPP are presently in Ikoyi, Victoria island, Lekki and part of Ibeju Lekki,

Most of their cables runs through underground

If you can get 18hrs power supply per day that means the area is good. And solar is not the best option based on the total load you have . Solar inverter of 200KVA with lithium battery should be between 50-70m.

The only option available is to run on generator for 4hrs
Thank you very much sir
I really do appreciate
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 8:30pm On Apr 08, 2022
Greenarrow01:

Thank you very much sir. You have been very very helpful.

Pls last question.

Let's say you run your 165kva generator for 12 hours daily on full load.
How much fuel in litres will you consume per day (12 hours run time) or 6 hours.
Or better still
How many litres does it consume per hour on a full load.

it’s about 35 to 40 liters per hour on full load
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:35pm On Apr 08, 2022
Greenarrow01:

Thank you very much sir
I really do appreciate

You are welcome sir, But you can still do a second load calculation to be sure of the size of generator you are buying, might not be up to 200kva as you proposed

Let's have the running and starting current or Power rating of each equipment, I will do the load calculation for .

You can post it here and I will respond
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 8:59pm On Apr 08, 2022
topsy23:

You are welcome sir, But you can still do a second load calculation to be sure of the size of generator you are buying, might not be up to 200kva as you proposed

Let's have the running and starting current or Power rating of each equipment, I will do the load calculation for .

You can post it here and I will respond

I will do so
Tomorrow morning sir
Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 9:00pm On Apr 08, 2022
rmx:

That's over 25k per hour.
If gen runs for 10 hours per day
That's 250k per day
Right ?
Omo
You are trying sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:00pm On Apr 08, 2022
rmx:

One more thing … if your making money in nigeria depends on having regular public power supply , you have your business strategy wrong
It should be I can make money with running alternate power supply and if public supply is regular , it’s a bonus . Never the other way round

I had a lot of business ideas in my transition to Nigeria. Unfortunately most of them had a major shipping component involved.

So my business motto now in Nigeria is if making the money involves International Shipping and Nigeria Customs then I no do again grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 9:31pm On Apr 08, 2022
Baba Egungun lurks behind and waits for when sonnie10 would slip (mis-yan). The bait comes, and the inconsequential Snail crawls out to swallow it hook, line and sinker.

Truly, age has nothing to do with sense.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:34pm On Apr 08, 2022
rmx:

Eledumare shocked

This is intense. But you bill the tenants for this abi?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:36pm On Apr 08, 2022
topsy23:

We have 11KV and 33KV high tension line. Most of the 3-Aluminium wires run on 9m poles are either 11KV or 33KV line as shown in the picture below.

On 33KV line you are quaranteed of minimum of 18hra power supply per but it will now depends on location these days. But in Lagos there is another power supply company called IPP(Independence Power Project). With IPP you are guaranteed of 20-22hrs power supply everyday.

There is a way you can she's your load by using bigger generator for peak period and smaller generator for the off peak period. Diesel is more expensive these days and its really killing alot of business.

Have you heard anything about this IPP in regards to Ibadan?

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dirkcoyt: 9:57pm On Apr 08, 2022

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 9:57pm On Apr 08, 2022
n3xt:

Mr Bixton, I hope you know projects do have people called consultants.

O yes I do know.
But to be honest it's hard to actually know where your role in his build is now that there is an issue..........

Engineer
Supervisor
Builder
Consultant
Contractor
Facilitator
Project Manager
Etc, etc.....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 10:06pm On Apr 08, 2022
Greenarrow01:

That's over 25k per hour.
If gen runs for 10 hours per day
That's 250k per day
Right ?
Omo
You are trying sir

It is what it is , have a 1000kva that does about 200liters / hr in my factory presently

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 10:08pm On Apr 08, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Eledumare shocked

This is intense. But you bill the tenants for this abi?

Yes , The tenants pay all the service and power charge . Am also paying as a tenant

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 10:13pm On Apr 08, 2022
Good evening everyone...

*Update*

I bought extra 110 pieces of 2x2x18 at 132,000ngn and the carpenters confirmed the woods are of great quality... He said the treatment would be after they are done with the wood work.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:27pm On Apr 08, 2022

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 10:29pm On Apr 08, 2022
rmx:

It is what it is , have a 1000kva that does about 200liters / hr in my factory presently

How are you breathing fine sir.
Haaaaaaaaa

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:25am On Apr 09, 2022
redgem:
Good evening everyone...

*Update*

I bought extra 110 pieces of 2x2x18 at 132,000ngn and the carpenters confirmed the woods are of great quality... He said the treatment would be after they are done with the wood work.

Good to hear you’re making progress. Well done
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 2:28am On Apr 09, 2022
redgem:
Good evening everyone...

*Update*

ask them to put it before put caccars, dats most preferable pls ,it's difficult to put after putting wood, thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:46am On Apr 09, 2022
redgem:
Good evening everyone...

*Update*

Personally I’ll prefer them to put it on before installation as you’ll get better coverage that way. Even if I have to hire a laborer to do it for me at extra cost.

It’s your house and your responsibility. All the trades will move on after the project and you’ll end up living with all the decisions made during the build process, good and bad.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 5:58am On Apr 09, 2022
Our own Drgoodman is on a cruise cheesy.
He is active on a thread on front page having a go at naptu2.

https://www.nairaland.com/7069692/simon-ekpa-condemns-soludos-statement
I hope I won't be accused of being n3xt grin.
I particularly enjoy reading the comments on threads, they are more interesting and sometimes more enlightening than the main news.
I enjoy different unique ways people reason and comment with humor.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 6:12am On Apr 09, 2022
gbadexy:
Our own Drgoodman is on a cruise cheesy.
He is active on a thread on front page having a go at naptu2.

https://www.nairaland.com/7069692/simon-ekpa-condemns-soludos-statement
I hope I won't be accused of being n3xt grin.
I particularly enjoy reading the comments on threads, they are more interesting and sometimes more enlightening than the main news.
I enjoy different unique ways people reason and comment with humor.
I think he was being sarcastic.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Temi1(m): 6:45am On Apr 09, 2022
Do we have masons that can do this in Nigeria? shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi0MGLCqLgY

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChybuzzDD(m): 6:48am On Apr 09, 2022
michlins:
At this height, you don't have to worry about the water pressure.

Let me do it for you as I have done it for many others here

How much does it cost to get a tank stand like this particular one?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 7:35am On Apr 09, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Have you heard anything about this IPP in regards to Ibadan?

Thanks.

Only in Lagos for now

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:39am On Apr 09, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

How much does it cost to get a tank stand like this particular one?
900,000. Materials include;

5 by 3 H channel

3 by 1½" H channel

2" angle bar by 4mm

2" angle bar by 3mm

And for the foundation,

it's 3ft by 25mm foundation bolts

12 by 12 by 10mm base plates
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 7:49am On Apr 09, 2022
Dirkcoyt:

https://punchng.com/oyo-kick-starts-independent-power-project/?amp

https://businessday.ng/amp/news/article/makinde-flags-off-construction-of-11mw-independent-power-plant/

https://guardian.ng/news/oyo-ipp-project-ll-power-hospitals-others-makinde-promises/

It’s still a December 2021 talks so far

Rate per unit is higher than PHCN rate but you will get constant power supply at least 22hrs everyday if there is no issue.

People that are using it hardly use generator. They only have inverter as back up for the short period of outage
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 7:53am On Apr 09, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Personally I’ll prefer them to put it on before installation as you’ll get better coverage that way. Even if I have to hire a laborer to do it for me at extra cost.

It’s your house and your responsibility. All the trades will move on after the project and you’ll end up living with all the decisions made during the build process, good and bad.

They want your money more than your protection.

A tradesman in his early 60s said apply first, give the wood time to soak it and dry then I'll work.

Now that you have heard both sides you decide the way forward.

Personally, I'd listen the the quoted

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 7:54am On Apr 09, 2022
Vendors take note, a gate has been flung open, there's no stopping the avalanche

https://www.nairaland.com/7069360/no-refund-after-payment-peace

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2924) (2925) (2926) (2927) (2928) (2929) (2930) ... (3676) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: WeRise(m), RockOfAgesAlumi(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.