Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,265 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:51 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2926) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4442266 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2923) (2924) (2925) (2926) (2927) (2928) (2929) ... (3678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 5:42pm On Apr 08, 2022
Greenarrow01:

Boss good evening.
Pls I will like to ask you two questions and I really hope you are okay with my questions.

For your mini malls
Pls what size (KVA) of transformers do you use
And what is your estimated energy billing per month.

What size of diesel gen(KVA) do you use as back up
What are their average run time per day and estimated cost of running this generators.

I really hope you will provide answers to these questions and they are not too private or trade secrets

Thanks.
Nah . Secret is not in transformer and generator sizes grin

Mall 1 , 200kva transformer . Lettable space about 1100 sqm , initially was suppose to be 110 and 165kva generator . A tenant had load requirement of 100kva so we have 165kva and 275kva there now. Operational

Mall 2 , 500kva transformer . Lettable space of about 3000sqm , 440kva , 275kva , 165kva . Not operational

Mall 3 . 200kva transformer . Lettable space about 1500sqm . 110 and 165kva . Tope just told me we will need upto 200kva based on his load calculation so I might upgrade , not opetatonal

With high diesel prices now , am looking at the possibility of connecting mall 2 and 3 to 33kva for more regular public supply . So I might buy new transformers

I have a facility manager managing mall 1. Contracted it out . Others will be the same . I have all tenants metered. So the bill the fm generates is dependent on the meter reading . It’s a function of public power supply received in the quater and diesel purchased .

A lot will depend on the load requirements of the tenants , not a one size fits all .Hope i helped small

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 5:55pm On Apr 08, 2022
rmx:

Nah . Secret is not in transformer and generator sizes grin

Mall 1 , 200kva transformer . Lettable space about 1100 sqm , initially was suppose to be 110 and 165kva generator . A tenant had load requirement of 100kva so we have 165kva and 275kva there now. Operational

Mall 2 , 500kva transformer . Lettable space of about 3000sqm , 440kva , 275kva , 165kva . Not operational

Mall 3 . 200kva transformer . Lettable space about 1500sqm . 110 and 165kva . Tope just told me we will need upto 200kva based on his load calculation so I might upgrade , not opetatonal

With high diesel prices now , am looking at the possibility of connecting mall 2 and 3 to 33kva for more regular public supply . So I might buy new transformers

I have a facility manager managing mall 1. Contracted it out . Others will be the same . I have all tenants metered. So the bill the fm generates is dependent on the meter reading . It’s a function of public power supply received in the quater and diesel purchased .

A lot will depend on the load requirements of the tenants , not a one size fits all .Hope i helped small

My questions are now going to be plenty.
I am very very sorry sir.
I am working on something that needs 247 power supply. Diesel gen should never exceed 5hours of usage daily. This is the only way I can make profit.
Now the place I am planning to
Power supply there is 15-18 hours daily. Which is still not okay enough. I might make money, but it won't be enough as diesel will eat into it.

Do you advice I change location or what?
Is the 33kva power those high tension wires or those normal highway wires that connect city to city.
Solar is not also an option.
I have an option of another place that can boost of 20hours of power daily.
But land there is expensive
I am thinking of going the leasing route

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:59pm On Apr 08, 2022
sonnie10:

But we would rather patronize South African biscuits.
Would you have used the Ogun state product on that Oshodi Church project?

To be honest, those guys are producing to international standard but those colorful South African bricks are sweeter.

The ones produced in OGUN state are just too monotonous. They were used on Obasanjo Presidential Library.

Pic 1: Obasanjo Presidential Library
Pic 2: Oshodi Church renovated by NextHome (called “using clients money to do experiment”)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 6:06pm On Apr 08, 2022
Greenarrow01:

I am working on something that needs 247 power supply. Diesel gen should never exceed 5hours of usage daily. This is the only way I can make profit.
Power supply there is 15-18 hours daily. Which is still not okay enough. I might make money, but it won't be enough as diesel will eat into it.

Is the 33kva power those high tension wires or those normal highway wires that connect city to city.

The ones entering cities I think is 132 Kva , the 33 is more regular than the 11kv , ask any nepa staff or whatever they are called now , if you can locate or get 33 , I will strongly advice it

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:07pm On Apr 08, 2022
hslbroker2:
We have done front,right, and back we are casting the left thank u all for following

We would be through by Sunday

Thank u all

Well done.

I have a template I might be willing to give out some day. I used it on this project in 2019 but I no longer use it again.

I have over 20m run. My templates can complete a standard duplex in 2 days if there are no curves or too many bends.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 6:12pm On Apr 08, 2022
sonnie10:

Great number of houses that were built in the 70s and 80s were with hand molded blocks. They are still standing while newer constructions are collapsing even before completion.

On your analogy about fence and house, I would think that one would rather use stronger blocks for fence than for a house because fences are constantly exposed to weather elements unlike blocks used for houses which are sheltered.
You're right...I've no strength to argue this evening. But I can never advice My Client to use handmoulding block for buildings again,Never...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abudu2000(m): 6:17pm On Apr 08, 2022
n3xt:

To be honest, those guys are producing to international standard but those colorful South African bricks are sweeter.

The ones produced in OGUN state are just too monotonous. They were used on Obasanjo Presidential Library.

Pic 2: Oshodi Church renovated by NextHome (called “using clients money to do experiment”)

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 6:21pm On Apr 08, 2022
Thenext:
N3xt try and be a man of honour.
Anyway there are wonderful contractors/vendors here sha, just to recommend those that did good job for me;
(1) Gbadexy- I can’t recognize gbadexy if I meet him on the road but I bought over a million naira paint from him with no issues. A gentle man to the core and produces high quality paint
(2) Hamtabfawaz- Good young man with knowledge. He produced me very nice looking and quality TV console.
(3) Twinskenny- our able twins, did my CCTV and electric fence.
My transactions went smooth with these 3 people, I recommend these guys, they are very good in there field.
NOTE: Chekitaut is a fraudster oooo, don’t fall for his trap.

Thank you very much Sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 6:26pm On Apr 08, 2022
Successful supply in Spanish,out side wall tiled
Still your blessed sunny at Agric market odun-ade
Thanks sir

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 6:28pm On Apr 08, 2022
n3xt:

The difference in price per square meter might be a lot. The Ogun State I believe would be more expensive. I just need something befitting for below the belt line here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 6:34pm On Apr 08, 2022
rmx:

The ones entering cities I think is 132 Kva , the 33 is more regular than the 11kv , ask any nepa staff or whatever they are called now , if you can locate or get 33 , I will strongly advice it
Thank you very much sir
God bless you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:37pm On Apr 08, 2022
sonnie10:

The difference in price per square meter might be a lot. The Ogun State I believe would be more expensive.

Go with the South African Bricks. The production is done in the East. I can’t remember whether it’s Onitsha or Enugu.

I really love your building. The large windows are a big turn on for me.

Well done. Wishing you all the best.

I just need something befitting for below the belt line here

This won’t be much. You can just ask @blessedsunny2 to ship down to you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 6:39pm On Apr 08, 2022
Stopthecap:

You can't fool all the people all the time

This similar conduit matter has been raised by other clients of our fraudster lunatic builder before, and the same rambling and evasive answer was given.
Most people should know the difference between conduit work done doing concrete casting/carcass work and electrical cabling....

Our resident fraudster thinks he can always bombard the thread with IRRELEVANT PICTURES AND LONG EPISTLES TO EVADE ACCOUTABILITY...

THOSE DAYS ARE LONG OVER....there will be vigilance on this thread

Not everyone on this platform is a novice...incomplete/shoddy projects abound but will be giving "advice" on the internet...

smh

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by laittos(m): 6:40pm On Apr 08, 2022
For Fresh and Hot Mass Communication Project Topics, Advertising Project Topics, Public Relations Project Topics, New Media Project Topics and Film Project Topics for undergraduates and postgraduates. Visit www.researchcage.com
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 6:47pm On Apr 08, 2022
n3xt:

Go with the South African Bricks. The production is done in the East. I can’t remember whether it’s Onitsha or Enugu.

I contacted them already, the name of the company is Waterock global development in Enugu. They have very beautiful bricks and stones

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 6:50pm On Apr 08, 2022
Someone please make it make sense...you have space but you make no savings making blocks yourself .. so just buy it ?

1.how does block industries make money then if the margins are so so small ?...

A.not many of them own dump trucks to save money on sand

B.they mostly buy cement same places you buy.ok maybe a lil cheaper (marginally)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:53pm On Apr 08, 2022
dongc:
Someone please make it make sense...you have space but you make no savings making blocks yourself .. so just buy it ?

1.how does block industries make money then if the margins are so so small ?...

A.not many of them own dump trucks to save money on sand

B.they mostly buy cement same places you buy.ok maybe a lil cheaper (marginally)

Smiles. Let’s hear from the non-charlatans

I want to learn tonight.

One thing I know for sure is block industries as at today make more than N1500 on each bag of cement produced without compromise.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 7:05pm On Apr 08, 2022
Greenarrow01:

One more thing … if your making money in nigeria depends on having regular public power supply , you have your business strategy wrong
It should be I can make money with running alternate power supply and if public supply is regular , it’s a bonus . Never the other way round

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 7:08pm On Apr 08, 2022
n3xt:

I really love your building. The large windows are a big turn on for me.

Well done. Wishing you all the best.

This won’t be much. You can just ask @blessedsunny2 to ship down to you.
Although for the South African bricks 8,000 per square metre quantity price 7,500 and I also have stone tiles made in Spanish, 7,000 per square meters this is the picture of Spanish Stone tiles here

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:13pm On Apr 08, 2022
Samples from Waterock

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 7:23pm On Apr 08, 2022
Greenarrow01:

We have 11KV and 33KV high tension line. Most of the 3-Aluminium wires run on 9m poles are either 11KV or 33KV line as shown in the picture below.

On 33KV line you are quaranteed of minimum of 18hra power supply per but it will now depends on location these days. But in Lagos there is another power supply company called IPP(Independence Power Project). With IPP you are guaranteed of 20-22hrs power supply everyday.

There is a way you can she's your load by using bigger generator for peak period and smaller generator for the off peak period. Diesel is more expensive these days and its really killing alot of business.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 7:23pm On Apr 08, 2022
rmx:

One more thing … if your making money in nigeria depends on having regular public power supply , you have your business strategy wrong
It should be I can make money with running alternate power supply and if public supply is regular , it’s a bonus . Never the other way round

Thank you very much sir. You have been very very helpful.

Pls last question.

Let's say you run your 165kva generator for 12 hours daily on full load.
How much fuel in litres will you consume per day (12 hours run time) or 6 hours.
Or better still
How many litres does it consume per hour on a full load.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:30pm On Apr 08, 2022
sonnie10:
Samples from Waterock
Nice.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 7:37pm On Apr 08, 2022
I'm confused between using � percent south african brick tiles or partly in some portions with paint.

Different advices have clogged my thinking.

House please advice
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 7:37pm On Apr 08, 2022
sonnie10:
Samples from Waterock

Waterock is in my domian.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 7:39pm On Apr 08, 2022
Blessedsunny2:

Although for the South African bricks 8,000 per square metre quantity price 7,500 and I also have stone tiles made in Spanish, 7,000 per square meters

What's the make of your south African bricks?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 7:39pm On Apr 08, 2022
topsy23:

We have 11KV and 33KV high tension line. Most of the 3-Aluminium wires run on 9m poles are either 11KV or 33KV line as shown in the picture below.

On 33KV line you are quaranteed of minimum of 18hra power supply per but it will now depends on location these days. But in Lagos there is another power supply company called IPP(Independence Power Project). With IPP you are guaranteed of 20-22hrs power supply everyday.

There is a way you can she's your load by using bigger generator for peak period and smaller generator for the off peak period. Diesel is more expensive these days and its really killing alot of business.

Thank you topsy
I have been waiting for your reply.
It's in epe.
Those IPP
Are they in specific places or they can generate power for you wherever you want
Pls not this is not a big factory
Just a small setup
Where my plan is 200kva generator max
Getting 22hrs power supply in epe will be wonderful
The highest so far is 18hrs
In some places

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 7:42pm On Apr 08, 2022
sonnie10:

I contacted them already, the name of the company is Waterock global development in Enugu. They have very beautiful bricks and stones

One of the directors owns a property close to mine
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:46pm On Apr 08, 2022
Greenarrow01:

Thank you very much sir. You have been very very helpful.

Pls last question.

Let's say you run your 165kva generator for 12 hours daily on full load.
How much fuel in litres will you consume per day (12 hours run time) or 6 hours.
Or better still
How many litres does it consume per hour on a full load.

You might be interested in this. Go to their website, register and join to bid. Logistics, that is shipping, duty and delivery to final designation in Lagos should be about $3500. ( Not including cost of purchase). Total duration for shipment is about 3months.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 7:49pm On Apr 08, 2022
Jasobry:

What's the make of your south African bricks?
South Africa bricks finished in my own stock, varieties in the market .
available only Spanish outside wall and stone as my own stock and many more product.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 7:59pm On Apr 08, 2022
sonnie10:

The difference in price per square meter might be a lot. The Ogun State I believe would be more expensive. I just need something befitting for below the belt line here
please add me to the list for interior designers you may need when the time comes embarassed
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:05pm On Apr 08, 2022
BrickDevo:
please add me to the list for interior designers you may need when the time comes embarassed

Cool. but still faraway.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2923) (2924) (2925) (2926) (2927) (2928) (2929) ... (3678) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Sweetberry123, kelvin1191(m), nwigwemark, RockOfAgesAlumi(m), ollykay619(m), olukaygold(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.