Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,938 members, 7,835,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2928) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4441859 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2925) (2926) (2927) (2928) (2929) (2930) (2931) ... (3678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:54am On Apr 09, 2022
Temi1:
Do we have masons that can do this in Nigeria? shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi0MGLCqLgY

I haven’t seen any that can do this specific one.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChybuzzDD(m): 8:09am On Apr 09, 2022
michlins:
900,000. Materials include;

5 by 3 H channel

3 by 1½" H channel

2" angle bar by 4mm

2" angle bar by 3mm

And for the foundation,

it's 3ft by 25mm foundation bolts

12 by 12 by 10mm base plates

ok

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by successmatters(m): 8:21am On Apr 09, 2022
n3xt:

To be honest, those guys are producing to international standard but those colorful South African bricks are sweeter.

The ones produced in OGUN state are just too monotonous. They were used on Obasanjo Presidential Library.

Pic 1: Obasanjo Presidential Library
Pic 2: Oshodi Church renovated by NextHome (called “using clients money to do experiment”)

Ole
Thief

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by successmatters(m): 8:23am On Apr 09, 2022
sonnie10:
Baba Egungun lurks behind and waits for when sonnie10 would slip (mis-yan). The bait comes, and the inconsequential Snail crawls out to swallows it hook, line and sinker.

Truly, age has nothing to do with sense.

Who are you really?

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:34am On Apr 09, 2022
FEGEITOK:
Vendors take note, a gate has been flung open, there's no stopping the avalanche

https://www.nairaland.com/7069360/no-refund-after-payment-peace
this is good news. These guys need to learn

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KelvinCoaster(m): 8:36am On Apr 09, 2022
successmatters:

Who are you really?
He is sonnie10 the 'odogwu' base in The United States of America!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 8:39am On Apr 09, 2022
bixton:

O yes I do know.
But to be honest it's hard to actually know where your role in his build is now that there is an issue..........

Engineer
Supervisor
Builder
Consultant
Contractor
Facilitator
Project Manager
Etc, etc.....
The question of the ages Bosun in one breath will claim to be in charge and share pictures showing he us in charge all of the sudden in a second breath he will claim that there are project consultants/managers who he is now answerable too and cannot even buy a grain of sand without their input. Oga which one you dey or no dey? grin

You as the so called lead contractor on complex builds they will supply inferior materials and you accept same just shows the kind of incompetence your clients have been faced with on all your builds.

Too bad

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by successmatters(m): 8:40am On Apr 09, 2022
KelvinCoaster:

He is sonnie10 the 'odogwu' base in The United States of America!

I really don't think so.

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 9:00am On Apr 09, 2022
We are available

Pop
Wall screeding.
Art work
Pre cast paraphet

Call or whatsapp 07088534661

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:36am On Apr 09, 2022
FEGEITOK:
Vendors take note, a gate has been flung open, there's no stopping the avalanche

https://www.nairaland.com/7069360/no-refund-after-payment-peace

I always advise folks, just because you wrote it and force me to sign it doesn't make it legally binding. No one can be compelled to sign away their legal right.

Nice job to the plaintiff and his legal eagle. And Judgy Wudgy too. Knowing the Nigerian landscape some of these cases and judgements have extra judicial deadly consequences.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 9:39am On Apr 09, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Personally I’ll prefer them to put it on before installation as you’ll get better coverage that way. Even if I have to hire a laborer to do it for me at extra cost.

It’s your house and your responsibility. All the trades will move on after the project and you’ll end up living with all the decisions made during the build process, good and bad.

Good morning..

They've started making the carcass... I told them to put it before oh but they insisted it is better when they are done...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 9:42am On Apr 09, 2022
Adedward:
ask them to put it before put caccars, dats most preferable pls ,it's difficult to put after putting wood, thanks

I will insist today...

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:43am On Apr 09, 2022
redgem:

Good morning..

They've started making the carcass... I told them to put it before oh but they insisted it is better when they are done...

I'll let others chime in but IMHO it's better to do it on the ground when you can get good coverage and penetration. This is one of those lessons learned that I talked about earlier. On future build you can ensure things are done to your requirements.

Don't sweat it too much, just make sure that they are diligent in applying it overhead.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:48am On Apr 09, 2022
redgem:

Good morning..

That's laziness they won't do it well up there....

Suppose to be apply on the ground

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 10:24am On Apr 09, 2022
Happy Weekend to everyone..

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GloriousGbola: 10:40am On Apr 09, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Personally I’ll prefer them to put it on before installation as you’ll get better coverage that way. Even if I have to hire a laborer to do it for me at extra cost.

It’s your house and your responsibility. All the trades will move on after the project and you’ll end up living with all the decisions made during the build process, good and bad.

Also, some of these are DELIBERATE decisions to lock the owner into costly after sales service.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:41am On Apr 09, 2022
true2home:
Hello NL,

I'm experimenting with Affordable but Decent accommodation projects.

I have one developed and occupied successfully. I have another one in Design phase. I will like to get a feel for these build form here.

Hey Bro! What’s the latest on this project? Hope the rate of return on investment is good?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 11:09am On Apr 09, 2022
Please still in stock at East anambra and okigwe in stocked
Mozambique bricks still your blessed sunny
South African brick still on the road not yet arrived!!!
Price per metre Lagos price 8,000
East price 7,000

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:25pm On Apr 09, 2022
For an afternoon delight. A master craftsman at his best.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 1:30pm On Apr 09, 2022
I set the Pace with my job(s)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 1:50pm On Apr 09, 2022
We are still in business

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 1:57pm On Apr 09, 2022
For your casement windows and projected windows

Contact me

6x4

5x4

4x4

3x3

2x2

Contacts me @my signature u will get affordable prices

Thanks

Happy weekend to you all

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 2:35pm On Apr 09, 2022
michlins:
I set the Pace with my job(s)

The elders know the child they would take to event, and he would eat without disgracing them.

Weldon!

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 2:54pm On Apr 09, 2022
sonnie10:

The elders know the child they would take to event, and he would eat without disgracing them.

Weldon!
omo.

Your translation of this proverb eh
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 3:20pm On Apr 09, 2022
michlins:
omo.

Your translation of this proverb eh
Yes now! Some pikin would eat, use tongue leak plate in public, go beg for more food and even break people’s plate join. Those ones no dey ever belly full.

In the construction industry, there are people like that too. But for those of you that are committed and take your jobs serious, you are distinguished.

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abudu2000(m): 5:48pm On Apr 09, 2022
dm me for your architectural and structural design needs, soil testing and general construction. we are at your service.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:52pm On Apr 09, 2022
Abudu2000:
dm me for your architectural and structural design needs, soil testing and general construction. we are at your service.

Looks pretty sharp. Well done.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abudu2000(m): 6:01pm On Apr 09, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

Looks pretty sharp. Well done.
thanks my oga... ACCURACY lives with us wink

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 8:27pm On Apr 09, 2022
Abudu2000:

Very good design. Open your own thread and showcase your work. Keep it up.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dirkcoyt: 11:09pm On Apr 09, 2022
Abudu2000:
I will always love grey related paints

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:06am On Apr 10, 2022
Dirkcoyt:

I will always love grey related paints

It’s the mixture with white for me. Very understated as opposed to the louder tones.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MMotimo: 6:10am On Apr 10, 2022
DrGoodman:

The mind of a thief works in mysterious ways, especially a sociopathic thief. That's why some thief's will sneak into the house of a lady and steal panties to sniff, instead of her gold chain.

This Van bottel na crazy guy! I gave up on him when he asked me to bring out my shoe collection to compete with the okrika ok grin grin grin Anyway, nice to see your energy directed to where it’s needed.

My beer parlour analogy from 6/7 years ago still applies. Honourable gentlemen should not allow a club member who has shown his stripes over and over again to mix freely.

It’s not that hard to make money in this industry and on this thread. You just need to gb’ori duro (set your head straight), behave yourself, execute with excellence and see referral business expand your coast. Many can testify to that.

When you treat your customers well, it’s easy for them to testify and recommend you. . . . . . easy money! Unless you are a fly by night vendor, there’s no need to get greedy. Be fair and honest in your dealings and watch the money come, along with peace of mind, the sacred alafia that money cannot buy. Make money that you can enjoy without disgrace and abuku, insults.

Just because you are a builder does not mean you should make all the money you want in life from one project. Slow and steady is not a bad term. The thing about dishonest money is “easy come, easy go.” With all the millions that have passed through his hands, what is N3xt’s net worth today? How much liquid cash can he boast of after more than 10 years as a builder? Not customers’ money o, money that 100% belongs to him.

The thing about riches is when you are jeje doing your own thing, working hard and with integrity; one day you’ll look up and realize that you have more than you could imagine. True, enduring, peace-accompanied, permanent blessings are from God not from theft.

Thanks to all that have spoken and continue to speak up against this scourge. Special mention to Dunka and Stopthecap, may God protect all that belongs to you. It’s easier to just keep quiet but you gentlemen have not. God bless una flenti flenti.

18 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2925) (2926) (2927) (2928) (2929) (2930) (2931) ... (3678) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Waluski1, rotecch77(m), Ohiomoba5 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.