Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3340) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4386186 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3337) (3338) (3339) (3340) (3341) (3342) (3343) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by inze(m): 11:02pm On Feb 22, 2023
redgem:

There is someone oh...that is why I still insist she is at fault no matter the excuses she gave.... Well, deducting 10k from her salary for 3 months for her to learn from her mistakes

. . . pardon me if this has already been answered but you might try getting this "moniepoint" (no advert intended) P.O.S terminal, i see em on rampant these days. Apart from a means of payment, one can make transfer to its number and staff could view the account transaction via the terminal itself (this should ease you out of having to go meet your supervisor each time for confirmation).

NB: Like i said, not an advert. Experienced it on various stores while making payments in this emefewiele era.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toyeoye(m): 11:12pm On Feb 22, 2023
redgem:

There is someone oh...that is why I still insist she is at fault no matter the excuses she gave.... Well, deducting 10k from her salary for 3 months for her to learn from her mistakes

Haba, wetin happen to forgive and give another chance for innocent mumu mistake? God dey
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by inze(m): 11:26pm On Feb 22, 2023
erico2k2:

bross look at the page now its in Naira
it might also interest you to know Nigeria is the only country in the whole of Africa with access to starlink internet at the moment.

Dey play, just dey play

"the amount is in naira abi"? click buy and finish checkout then come back and repeat the quoted. Price quoted is in official CBN dollar rate wey no concern you and me

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 10:38am On Feb 23, 2023
Good morning everyone

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by debeey87(m): 1:01pm On Feb 23, 2023
Are there other options for ceilings asides PVC, pop and slates.
I know there has been several arguments on the thread against PVC (aiding combustion during fire outbreaks, durability).

POP is out of the equation for me considering the initial capital outlay and the going rate for rent in my vicinity. I am left with PVC and slates or any other option available.

Also my carpenter is advising we do the ceiling first before plastering so the plaster can have a fine finishing over the ceiling wood as the wood no de straight sometimes.

Please share your thoughts.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrDraey(m): 1:11pm On Feb 23, 2023
Good afternoon,

Thanks for your response.

Please do you have a seller in Abuja you can recommend?
topsy23:

Go for Coleman,?Nigerchin/Kabelmetal/Purechem
1.5mm 13,500
2.5mm 22,400
4mm 36,000
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toluxa1(m): 1:58pm On Feb 23, 2023
michlins:
see eh, anyone with DStv is already living the good life.

Question is, where person go gather 200k for the kits first and then subsequent payment of 20k weekly. Add that to your mobile subscription which you need whenever you're away from the particular environment.

Car updates na for people with good cars. Many people with car just give Engr Chinedu his car to check plug or radiator in the course of diagnostic

erico2k2:

bross look at the page now its in Naira
it might also interest you to know Nigeria is the only country in the whole of Africa with access to starlink internet at the moment.

Many wrong and outdated info in these your post.

The Starlink hardware device cost about N440,000 with a monthly subscription cost of about N31,000.
The naira rate you see on the starlink website is just a front end thing and where the dollar cost is being automatically calculated based on the google rate feed (CBN rate) , the payment itself does not accept naira payment, you will pay in dollars so you have to use the black market rate.

Also Nigeria is not the only African country with Starlink service now. There is Starlink in Rwanda at least. But Nigeria WAS the first to get service.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by visaclick: 2:13pm On Feb 23, 2023
toluxa1:

The Starlink hardware device cost about N440,000 with a monthly subscription cost of about N31,000.
The naira rate you see on the starlink website is just a front end thing and where the dollar cost is being automatically calculated based on the google rate feed (CBN rate) , the payment itself does not accept naira payment, you will pay in dollars so you have to use the black market rate.

Also Nigeria is not the only African country with Starlink service now. There is Starlink in Rwanda at least. But Nigeria WAS the first to get service.
what’s the rush about this starwars abi starlink thing self or is mtn not serving you guys well. nigerians just like to do too much especially at any opportunity to show off. elonmusk is a wallstreet wolf ans a capitalist looking for the slightest chance to rip off anyone that show little interest these product of his. be wise people, never be the first to resume the semester.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 2:42pm On Feb 23, 2023
visaclick:
what’s the rush about this starwars abi starlink thing self or is mtn not serving you guys well. nigerians just like to do too much especially at any opportunity to show off. elonmusk is a wallstreet wolf ans a capitalist looking for the slightest chance to rip off anyone that show little interest these product of his. be wise people, never be the first to resume the semester.
The high cost is not entirely his making. The exchange rate is just too high coupled with parallel market disparity.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 2:47pm On Feb 23, 2023
debeey87:
Are there other options for ceilings asides PVC, pop and slates.
I know there has been several arguments on the thread against PVC (aiding combustion during fire outbreaks, durability).

POP is out of the equation for me considering the initial capital outlay and the going rate for rent in my vicinity. I am left with PVC and slates or any other option available.

Also my carpenter is advising we do the ceiling first before plastering so the plaster can have a fine finishing over the ceiling wood as the wood no de straight sometimes.

Please share your thoughts.
Per the plastering before ceiling or ceiling before plastering, I would go for any method that would not allow gaps for insects to crawl in.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 3:08pm On Feb 23, 2023
sonnie10:

Remember also that what they did those days was mostly surface wiring and not half conduit.
Secondly the wires were different. It had another thick insulation after the individual red and black insulation which served as the PVC pipe. Also the wires were not passed through ceiling, instead holes were drilled through walls.

The half conduit which you asked earlier is a totally new invention were single wires (red and black ) are passed through the ceiling without pvc. That is the one that makes me cringe.

Lastly, full conduit is a different ball game.

Did you ever live in Ketu, Lagos? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
What a nostalgic summary!!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 3:59pm On Feb 23, 2023
MrDraey:
Good afternoon,

Thanks for your response.

Please do you have a seller in Abuja you can recommend?

No sir but some people in Abuja normally buy from me
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 4:16pm On Feb 23, 2023
sonnie10:

Remember also that what they did those days was mostly surface wiring and not half conduit.
Secondly the wires were different. It had another thick insulation after the individual red and black insulation which served as the PVC pipe. Also the wires were not passed through ceiling, instead holes were drilled through walls.

The half conduit which you asked earlier is a totally new invention were single wires (red and black ) are passed through the ceiling without pvc. That is the one that makes me cringe.

Lastly, full conduit is a different ball game.

Cables used in those days have double insulation and not single core like what we used these days. He can do half conduit if he is ready to buy double insulation type and its more expensive than single cores .

Sir, Your materials delivered yesterday as promised to Owerri. Also, your contact has picked from ITC office too

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 4:22pm On Feb 23, 2023
folmus:

Did you ever live in Ketu, Lagos? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
What a nostalgic summary!!
Demuri street, tipper garage, alapere road, owode oni iri, ketu secondary school, mile 12 market etc. ketu boys those days were hardened.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 4:24pm On Feb 23, 2023
topsy23:

Cables used in those days have double insulation and not single core like what we used these days. He can do half conduit if he is ready to buy double insulation type and its more expensive than single cores .

Sir, Your materials delivered yesterday as promised to Owerri. Also, your contact has picked from ITC office too

Thanks
Oh thanks. They did tell me. Let me call.
Your are the best Sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 4:40pm On Feb 23, 2023
sonnie10:

Oh thanks. They did tell me. Let me call.
Your are the best Sir.
Ogami sir we go like work for you o

We are due in Enugu first week of March
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 4:59pm On Feb 23, 2023
bolu1986:

Ogami sir we go like work for you o

We are due in Enugu first week of March
Na you say #3.5M no work. 600sqm. Mixed designs.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 5:11pm On Feb 23, 2023
sonnie10:

Demuri street, tipper garage, alapere road, owode oni iri, ketu secondary school, mile 12 market etc. ketu boys those days were hardened.

hehehehehe!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by debeey87(m): 5:33pm On Feb 23, 2023
sonnie10:

Per the plastering before ceiling or ceiling before plastering, I would go for any method that would not allow gaps for insects to crawl in.

Ceiling before plastering will definitely take care of that. Thanks for sharing
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 5:43pm On Feb 23, 2023
Good evening house,

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 5:50pm On Feb 23, 2023
sonnie10:

Na you say #3.5M no work. 600sqm. Mixed designs.

Which of the spaces do you want heavy designs? Hope not much? wink wink

For east we enjoying cheaper pop cement rate than lagos… almost 30 percent difference..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 6:27pm On Feb 23, 2023
toluxa1:

There is a specific payment option for it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 6:30pm On Feb 23, 2023
visaclick:
We are talking high data usage not tik tok or WhatsApp are aiming for true unlimited internet at 5G speed not 2G, something that fast.
and dont forget, most of us dreaming of this do not live in Nigeria and so farStarlink is the only thing that can match the kind of data flow we are used to.MTN is shyte

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bossman(m): 7:49pm On Feb 23, 2023
Yes, they suggested Payday, which uses the black market rate as well. I can't imagine any payment option will use the bank rate.

erico2k2:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:21pm On Feb 23, 2023
erico2k2:

We are talking high data usage not tik tok or WhatsApp are aiming for true unlimited internet at 5G speed not 2G, something that fast.
and dont forget, most of us dreaming of this do not live in Nigeria and so farStarlink is the only thing that can match the kind of data flow we are used to.MTN is shyte
and we're telling you that an average Nigerian can not afford it. It's super expensive

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toluxa1(m): 8:27pm On Feb 23, 2023
erico2k2:

There is NONE Oga. No need to argue on this one. Starlink specifically states on that page that folks should uses services like payday, barter and the likes to pay, all of which are all black market rate. But if you insist, maybe you can help me order at the rate you're saying, I will add 20% for your inconvenience.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:34pm On Feb 23, 2023
toluxa1:

There is NONE Oga. No need to argue on this one. Starlink specifically states on that page that folks should uses services like payday, barter and the likes to pay, all of which are all black market rate. But if you insist, maybe you can help me order at the rate you're saying, I will add 20% for your inconvenience.

One guy is even helping people to order at the rate of 800$…. Not cheap at all
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 9:33pm On Feb 23, 2023
Brainstorming to achieve this gigantic facade...

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hayor2015: 5:41am On Feb 24, 2023
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by visaclick: 5:53am On Feb 24, 2023
segcymoor:
Brainstorming to achieve this gigantic facade...
if only you invited the structural engineer you wouldn’t have to brainstorm. what’s difficult that can’t be achieved there, coz the architect did a good job and i think he intentionally wanted to punish someone here 😁😁😁
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segcymoor(m): 7:33am On Feb 24, 2023
visaclick:
if only you invited the structural engineer you wouldn’t have to brainstorm. what’s difficult that can’t be achieved there, coz the architect did a good job and i think he intentionally wanted to punish someone here 😁😁😁

So being structural engineer mean know it all.. Right?

On the contrary.. it's challenging and not punishment as I admitted I haven't done something like that before... it's not just a pergola

So who told you structural engineer is not standing there?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by visaclick: 7:55am On Feb 24, 2023
segcymoor:

So being structural engineer mean know it all.. Right?

On the contrary.. it's challenging and not punishment as I admitted I haven't done something like that before... it's not just a pergola

So who told you structural engineer is not standing there?
Bro i have no time to trade words but if you know within you that what you guys are doing there is trial and error then better get an engineer before you throw away a client’s hard earn money. something an engineer will solve with calculations on his table you guys are there putting heads together, putting what together if i may ask?
As long as you have a background on strength of various materials and their bending limits this isn’t worth calling a meeting over.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3337) (3338) (3339) (3340) (3341) (3342) (3343) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: opes and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.