Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,996 members, 7,810,774 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3357) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4371252 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3354) (3355) (3356) (3357) (3358) (3359) (3360) ... (3663) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 4:10am On Mar 28, 2023
Good morning everyone. I need your opinion about the design of this gate that I want to do. Saw it while travelling and took a picture

Yay or nay

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dangoteinlaw: 5:56am On Mar 28, 2023
michlins:
Good morning everyone. I need your opinion about the design of this gate that I want to do. Saw it while travelling and took a picture

Yay or nay
old fashioned.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 6:23am On Mar 28, 2023
GloriousGbola:

erm

you have contrasting colors of lights here

warm white and cool white

it should ideally be warm white in your bedroom as cool white or daylight can interfere with your ability to fall asleep

unless the ceiling light is one of those smart lights where the color can change -

but ideally, you only want lights with cool white or daylight color temperature in work type areas in the house - your study, your kitchen, maybe your laundry.

though i understand we really dont look at colour temperature in nigeria - for years we simply installed cold white flourescent tubes in our homes

the discerning client takes things like this into consideration.

Good advice.

I guess your advice would have been different if the cool white was not above the bed but was task lighting
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Larwin(m): 7:14am On Mar 28, 2023
CMC180:
Dears this is my water filter after 26 days
Is this normal (am I supposed to change filter after say 20days)

What can I do about it (the water/borehole)

Cc
larwin

Good morning,
Location and history of the Borehole?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GloriousGbola: 7:14am On Mar 28, 2023
CMC180:
Dears this is my water filter after 26 days
Is this normal (am I supposed to change filter after say 20days)

What can I do about it (the water/borehole)

Cc
larwin

You need to take samples of water from your borehole in two or three clear bottles and observe them. What does it look like immediately. What does it look like after an hour. What does it look like after 5 hours. (it may contain sediments/particles that settle after a while.)

Ideally, but as usual we mostly do not do it, one is supposed to take water from a borehole to a lab for testing. Because the water may be contaminated or simply unsafe for drinking even after boiling.

A site I worked had observable black ground water during excavation. And we met the same in the borehole.

Google water testing laboratory to see if there are any water labs near you. You need to test the water to confirm if it is potable /usable and if not, what treatment is required. Be warned a proper water treatment plant is a recurring cost. As you will have to buy dosing chemicals

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:09am On Mar 28, 2023
dangoteinlaw:
old fashioned.
ok thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:10am On Mar 28, 2023
KolaShangOne:

How I use wall lights these days…

Yes we install it at 1.5m above the finished floor level . It's a bedhead lamp. Different from conventional type at high level. You can have the conventional type can be in the sitting room . Some chandelier normally come with their wall light

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SALLYBERRY01(m): 8:32am On Mar 28, 2023
orlaryhincah:
Who sells window cottons here?

Good morning, I sell and install cottons and widow blinds .

We have varieties of cotton and window blinds.

Contact 08119470142
Instagram: designsbyAtlantic

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 8:44am On Mar 28, 2023
Good morning all. Please can someone help with quotation for the fabrication and installation of frameless windows, including net and protector, with black tower material and 5mm black glass for the following sizes of windows:

1000mm x 2250mm 8nos
990mm x 1700mm 14nos
700mm x 1200mm 5nos
900mm x 1200mm 1nos (sliding)

N/B: protectors should be aluminum material embedded with 12/16mm rods.

Thanks in advance!

Cc: @Adedward, @RockOfAgesAlumi
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by CMC180: 9:19am On Mar 28, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Many thanks for your input.
I will try the sample water and observe

I couldn't find any lab near me at least from google search. I will however keep it in mind even though the cost of setting up a treatment plant (should my fears be confirmed which is most likely cus there's no way that water would be 💯 pure) may take it off my mind 😂

I hope there'd be alternatives to the treatment plant.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by CMC180: 9:28am On Mar 28, 2023
Larwin:

Good morning,
Location and history of the Borehole?

North central
Borehole is 6 - 7 months
I try to change filters monthly and that is what I get each time.

Depth is 100m with low yield ( fills up my 2000liter tank in 40mins after which I will have to let it recharge for 4-6 hours before I pump again.

As long as it services my tiny 3bed apartment.
I am okay 😅. I'm just concerned about the purity and what I can do about it

I also noticed that the water pressure reduces when the dirt accumulates on the filter.

Thanks for your time and help.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bastien: 10:23am On Mar 28, 2023
hslbroker2:
local or tmt/tiger?
I don’t know all these, but I intend to use it for my base foundations after doing pilling
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 10:46am On Mar 28, 2023
LIMITED STOCK!

Pro solar roof mount set. The 4.2m rails & accessories "L foot, mid & end clamps" comfortably takes upto 4 units of 450w above solar panels .....

Firm price: N59,000

Contact,
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 10:47am On Mar 28, 2023
kiekie1:
Canadian Solar Panel available!!

Canadian 550w mono panel ... 178,000
Canadian 600w mono panel .. 185,000

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Durable tier 1 solar modules available
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:17pm On Mar 28, 2023
michlins:
Yay or nay

Old fashion, Yes. But I like it.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 12:20pm On Mar 28, 2023
gbadexy:

The mural artist would do the painting of that wall.
I deliver and handle the painting on behalf of the client with my painters. They can negotiate directly with the painters.
Like 3 to 4 drums would be enough depending on the size of the shops.
I deliver all over the country.
Which kind of your paints would you suggest, the one that won't require screeding but would still come out nice like it was screeded?

2)We would be needing the drums next month, can we pay ahead?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 1:33pm On Mar 28, 2023
Born2conquer:

Which kind of your paints would you suggest, the one that won't require screeding but would still come out nice like it was screeded?

2)We would be needing the drums next month, can we pay ahead?
You may use the premium emulsion for durability If the plastering is good. However if if plastering is poor, no paint can make it smooth..
You may pay ahead sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:01pm On Mar 28, 2023
bobkezel:

You have finished the talk here... This is what I've been waiting for someone to say....

This is why I miss n3xt...

Awwwnnnn!! Thanks for the mention.

It’s a while though! Over 11,000 followed topics/post to check.

Special thanks to everyone keeping this place alive. You matter! Thanks for all you do!

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:14pm On Mar 28, 2023
bobkezel:

You have finished the talk here... This is what I've been waiting for someone to say....

This is why I miss n3xt...

Before I go, lemme quickly chook mouth in dis matter cool

Having a toilet anywhere in the house do not matter. What matters is how you access it!

Scenario 1 | We Know It Smell But There’s Deodorant.

Are you saying to your guest “Welcome to our house – sorry about the odor, Deji had too much egg and beans last night.”

or

Scenario 2 | It’s right here in front of us!

Hello and Welcome! If you need to use the toilet, it’s right here located in a place where we will all see when you go in, hear how you do your thing and know when you come out.

A house is a sum of its part. How you design/access the private and public areas in your home matters.

I remain n3xt of NextHome!

Sample Designs attached.

1. Adiva Plainfield by NextHome
2. SCH Haus by NextHome

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 2:31pm On Mar 28, 2023
gbadexy:

You may use the premium emulsion for durability If the plastering is good. However if if plastering is poor, no paint can make it smooth..
You may pay ahead sir.
Is premium emulsion a washable paint?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 3:20pm On Mar 28, 2023
Rany4all:
Is premium emulsion a washable paint?
No sir. Cleanable paint starts with matte emulsion.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by stanza(m): 3:29pm On Mar 28, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ipBH2XBEDM

Pergola installation.

Subscribe, like and pls share. Follow us for more educating videos.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 3:39pm On Mar 28, 2023
gbadexy:

No sir. Cleanable paint starts with matte emulsion.
Ok that's good then, I prefer paints without any sheen, but cleanable with water. Apart from matte emulsion, what other paints have these properties (No sheen, but Cleanable), and which one amongst them is the most durable? Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 5:07pm On Mar 28, 2023
Rany4all:
Ok that's good then, I prefer paints without any sheen, but cleanable with water. Apart from matte emulsion, what other paints have these properties (No sheen, but Cleanable), and which one amongst them is the most durable? Thanks.
Matte has the lowest sheen and it's cleanable.
The cleanability is due to a kind of membrane shield on the surface. The more the membrane the more the sheen and cleanability.
If you want low sheen that is cleanable, you would use matte.
The matte should have a low sheen. If it has no sheen and it's called matte, it's probably just a premium emulsion and would wash off when cleaned.
Satin and silk have higher sheen and more cleanability.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 5:27pm On Mar 28, 2023
Rany4all:
Good morning all. Please can someone help with quotation for the fabrication and installation of frameless windows, including net and protector, with black tower material and 5mm black glass for the following sizes of windows:

1000mm x 2250mm 8nos
990mm x 1700mm 14nos
700mm x 1200mm 5nos

Thanks in advance!

Good evening sir
Frameless window with burglary and net.. with 12mm rod
5mm black glass
.... TOWER MATERIAL
.Price for each window.
1000 x 2250--170k
990 x 1700--85k
700 x 1200--60k
900 x 1200--70k
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 5:32pm On Mar 28, 2023
gbadexy:

Matte has the lowest sheen and it's cleanable.
The cleanability is due to a kind of membrane shield on the surface. The more the membrane the more the sheen and cleanability.
If you want low sheen that is cleanable, you would use matte.
The matte should have a low sheen. If it has no sheen and it's called matte, it's probably just a premium emulsion and would wash off when cleaned.
Satin and silk have higher sheen and more cleanability.
Thanks for this invaluable insight. Matte is now my preferred option wink
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Larwin(m): 5:35pm On Mar 28, 2023
CMC180:

North central
Borehole is 6 - 7 months
I try to change filters monthly and that is what I get each time.

Depth is 100m with low yield ( fills up my 2000liter tank in 40mins after which I will have to let it recharge for 4-6 hours before I pump again.

As long as it services my tiny 3bed apartment.
I am okay 😅. I'm just concerned about the purity and what I can do about it

I also noticed that the water pressure reduces when the dirt accumulates on the filter.

Thanks for your time and help.

The problem looks like sediments and not really contaminants,
You might need to flush your borehole first, then see if there are any changes. Then make sure your well head is protected well to prevent materials from getting into the hole.
If your Casing is well seated, then problem might l reduce.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 5:41pm On Mar 28, 2023
Rany4all:
Thanks for this invaluable insight. Matte is now my preferred option wink
Alright sir, glad you found it useful.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mvphenryeto5: 6:22pm On Mar 28, 2023
Hello gurus in the house, how do you know the original stone coated roof tiles

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kingdemu: 6:29pm On Mar 28, 2023
n3xt:

Awwwnnnn!! Thanks for the mention.

It’s a while though! Over 11,000 followed topics/post to check.

Special thanks to everyone keeping this place alive. You matter! Thanks for all you do!
Yaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy. Welcome back bro. This thread surely missed you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 6:31pm On Mar 28, 2023
gbadexy:

You may pay ahead sir.
Thank you, How much are we looking at?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 6:44pm On Mar 28, 2023
Rany4all:

1000mm x 2250mm 8nos
990mm x 1700mm 14nos
700mm x 1200mm 5nos

Thanks in advance!

quotations for frameless windows with 12mm irons and nets tower materials black profile

(1) 1mts by 2.250 by 8 pics = 125,000= #1,000,000
(2). 990* 1700= #80,000 by 14 pics= #1,120,000
(3) 700*1200= 45,000 by 5 pics= #225,000
(4). 900*1200= 1 pic = 35,000

Total. #2,380,000

(1) (2) (3) ... (3354) (3355) (3356) (3357) (3358) (3359) (3360) ... (3663) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: SurveyorGeo and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.