Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3387) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4386038 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3384) (3385) (3386) (3387) (3388) (3389) (3390) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olumighty123(m): 7:02pm On May 01, 2023
Mondays. Workdays cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Philipok: 7:26pm On May 01, 2023
Get ur neat and affordable window hood 09058432795

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 7:45pm On May 01, 2023
money121:
Loading of Stone coated to Ibafo Ogun State

Call/WhatsApp 08085310359
Customers satisfaction is our watch word

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTigTli64-g?

Kindly promote us by sharing this post. share it now

Shingle ( Black with White patches)

Whatsapp: 08085310359

Men @ Work.. Another Roofing Project Going on @ Ibafo Ogun State

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hr-OaaE6lhs

Are you Done with your woodwork and in Need of Quality Stone Coated Roofing Sheet? Please Call/WhatsApp 08085310359

Customers satisfaction is our watch word

Shingle Design (Black with White patches)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Thazard(m): 8:13pm On May 01, 2023
michlins:
currently, budget like 450-500,000.

Thanks for the mention sir

Wow so expensive.

There's one in an old site we have . Please how do we bring it down and move it to another site?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 9:12pm On May 01, 2023
Thazard:

Wow so expensive.

There's one in an old site we have . Please how do we bring it down and move it to another site?
you have to talk to your local welder. How I will dismantle it might be different from his own plans
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Pojomojo: 11:25pm On May 01, 2023
AngelicBeing:
:Chai, 1.5 million owo, kudi, ego, quid, how many household in Nigeria can cough out that money,
OK. l dey go buy Lantern to use, l will buy charcoal and local iron to iron my clothes and l will buy plenty wood to heat up my room when I am cold. PHCN will be forced to beg me to connect to Nepa cheesy

@EgunMogaji2, l like the inverter that you posted cool
Got for 1.5kwKW INVERTER SETUP + SOLAR

1. 3Kw 24volt Hybrid inverter = #240,000

2. 12v 200Ah battery 4pieces = #150,000 x 4 = #600,000

3. 270watts solar panels 9pieces = #55,000 x 9 = #495,000

4. Solar mounting rails on roof and its accessories = #36,000

5. DC & AC Cables = #85,000

6. AC & DC breaker, changeOver, trunking, AVS, breaker box, AC & DC Surge, PV combiner Box = #50,000

7. Logistics to site = #30,000 within Lagos

8. Installation = #60,000

TOTAL = #1,596,000

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 4:53am On May 02, 2023
Pojomojo:

6. AC & DC breaker, changeOver, trunking, AVS, breaker box, AC & DC Surge, PV combiner Box = #50,000

TOTAL = #1,596,000
wink
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GloriousGbola: 7:01am On May 02, 2023
FEGEITOK:

I will defer to GloriousGbola on that.

I am on an unrepentant quest for knowledge. But I am not an electrical electronics engineer.

I realize that there is a place for central stabilizers but I cannot recommend a brand for you at this time.

I have not done the research.

That said, the issue does not seem to be that Prag does not work. The issue seems to be incorrectly reporting voltages.

Depending on your needs, that could be a deal breaker or maybe not.

For convenience, I prefer a central stabiliser. This of course assumes domestic loading in the 10kva range. Though really and truly if you want stable voltage in your house, I personally believe you are better off with a dedicated pole mounted transformer - 10kva, 15kva, 20kva .
Most of the power issues actually come from sharing a transformer.

One clown starts doing industrial work in his house, generating voltage surge and fluctuation for everyone.
Transformer is over loaded, fluctuating voltages ensue. Rat enters feeder pillar, short and high voltage ensue

The moment a stabiliser is not properly reporting it's output, all bets are off. I had this experience where some guy supplied Chinese stabilisers for our distributed it infrastructure. We had a failure in one site and when I went to check, the stabiliser was giving over voltage while reporting normal voltage.

If you are ready to cope with in convenience a simpler solution is to have a voltage relay at your mains input. Undervolatge, overvoltage it will trip off. It may however have a nuisance factor for you, but your equipment should be protected. Or you can have a dB for high value equipment and install the relay with mccb as its input.

The question for me now is it a case of prag in general or are there fake prag stabilisers being sold?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 7:51am On May 02, 2023
Goodmorning house. Please where can one source for Original Sweethome and original Twyford products in Abuja?
Thank you for any pointers/ information?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nasandry: 8:12am On May 02, 2023
Differences of Fruit Drying Machine and vacuum microwave drying

Both fruit drying machines and vacuum microwave drying are effective methods for drying fruits, but they have some key differences.

A Fruit Drying Machine uses heat to dry fruits by circulating hot air around the fruit, removing moisture and preserving the fruit's nutrients. This method is slower than microwave drying, but it is more energy-efficient and can result in a higher-quality dried fruit.

On the other hand, Vacuum Microwave Drying uses a combination of vacuum pressure and microwave energy to rapidly remove moisture from the fruit. This method is faster than a fruit drying machine, and it can result in a more uniform and consistent product. However, it requires a higher initial investment cost and may result in some loss of nutrients due to the rapid drying process.

Ultimately, the choice between a fruit drying machine and vacuum microwave drying will depend on a variety of factors, including the type of fruit being dried, the desired end product, and the available resources and budget. Both methods have their own advantages and disadvantages, so it is important to carefully evaluate these factors before making a decision.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:01am On May 02, 2023
Pojomojo:

TOTAL = #1,596,000

1) Brand names and model numbers of major components

2) Detailed pictures of an actual installation

3) AWG of cables used

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 9:16am On May 02, 2023
Job Done!!
Another Successful Installation of Water Collectors ( Rain Gutters)

Site Location: Command Lagos State

Colour: White

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvXttgs3EzA?

Kindly promote us by sharing

To get the Cost of the Rain guter for this Building Call/WhatsApp 08085310359

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyesky(m): 10:39am On May 02, 2023
Available for delivery.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mercysamuelson(m): 11:34am On May 02, 2023
Please, anyone with a simple drawings/plan for a simple 2 bedroom bungalow that contains an entrance foyer with guest toilet, living room, 2 bedroom all ensuite, dining, kitchen/store and laundry.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AAMTiling(m): 3:28pm On May 02, 2023
AAMTiling:
We are still in the business of providing topnotch tiles installation services.

Call/Whatsapp: O7O68853073
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 4:27pm On May 02, 2023
we are still here..

Electrical
cctv
solar/inverter
electric fence
whole house audio

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 4:38pm On May 02, 2023
good day folks

we are still available for your pop ceiling & wall screeding

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 5:18pm On May 02, 2023
[quote author=diordaves post=122759746][/quote]

Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 5:26pm On May 02, 2023
Variations in building construction can be funny.

My electrician in Port Harcourt is saying they don't use 3x6 knockout boxes. They only use 3x3.

I personally prefer a mix of 3x3 and 3x6.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 5:30pm On May 02, 2023
KolaShangOne:

My electrician in Port Harcourt is saying they don't use 3x6 knockout boxes. They only use 3x3.

Better to have both boss

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 5:43pm On May 02, 2023
KolaShangOne:

why will i use 3x3 why i can use 3x6 for same space unless for cost of accessories later on

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by visaclick: 7:00pm On May 02, 2023
mercysamuelson:
Please, anyone with a simple drawings/plan for a simple 2 bedroom bungalow that contains an entrance foyer with guest toilet, living room, 2 bedroom all ensuite, dining, kitchen/store and laundry.
sent you a pm
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sustyFC: 1:06am On May 03, 2023
EgunMogaji2:

But the in thing for all una abroad seems to be going off grid.

I think the issue as usual is that Nigeria becomes the dumping ground for defective solar equipments and also greed by some sellers.

I haven’t gone solar but have been researching. The inverter that meets “my” spec is N1.5M alone. Then the batteries and solar panels.

When people go solar I want them to realize that they have just adopted a miniature kanji dam.

I think you should check out www.UwanaEnergy.com
You don’t need to have millions to enjoy comfort, you can as well pay via installments.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:56am On May 03, 2023
sustyFC:

I think you should check out www.UwanaEnergy.com
You don’t need to have millions to enjoy comfort, you can as well pay via installments.

Thanks but I’ll pass. This penny wise pound foolish has caused some to loose their houses and lives in some situations.

I’m not using no name Chinese off brands in my house. Let alone finance the crap. I’ll rather light candle.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Gokoyer0(m): 9:51am On May 03, 2023
Hi,
Engineer in the house, give me your quotations from foundation to finish of a 4/5 bedroom bungalow. I have the drawing with me. Send me pm

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 11:43am On May 03, 2023
Oops

Inferior cable
Inexperienced electrician

#gambling

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by edward2018(m): 12:46pm On May 03, 2023
Gokoyer0:
Hi,
Engineer in the house, give me your quotations from foundation to finish of a 4/5 bedroom bungalow. I have the drawing with me. Send me pm
. Check your email sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mup4life: 1:03pm On May 03, 2023
Good day house pls is landscaping charged seperately from the increte workmanship?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 2:17pm On May 03, 2023
Mup4life:
Good day house pls is landscaping charged seperately from the increte workmanship?
yup
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mup4life: 3:25pm On May 03, 2023
bolu1986:
yup
Wow thought the people who do the increte do the landscaping. How is it charged?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 3:42pm On May 03, 2023
Still your blessed sunny global investment home of building materials and also blessed Sam building materials enterprise

(1) (2) (3) ... (3384) (3385) (3386) (3387) (3388) (3389) (3390) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: lucas12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.