Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,779 members, 7,813,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:17 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3388) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4379072 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3385) (3386) (3387) (3388) (3389) (3390) (3391) ... (3665) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by opeey(m): 10:19pm On May 03, 2023
Looking for top-notch Construction, Procurement, Design, Project Management, and Engineering Services?Look no further than DE-MARSHAL HUB INTEGRATED RESOURCES LIMITED! We always strive for excellence in service and precision in engineering. If you know someone in need of our services, please kindly help us spread the word by reposting this message.Thank you! 🙏🏿

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yinkaoke(f): 7:23am On May 04, 2023
Hello guys, please what other options can one employ to develop or upgrade a building without engaging a developer. The building is old with solid clay blocks and need not be demolished and rebuild but just to do upgrade to maintain the one story building. Note the owners has not money for the upgrade and does not want to do developer contract thing?
Thank you as you suggestion great

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by acorntree(m): 8:34am On May 04, 2023
twinskenny:
Oops
Inferior cable Inexperienced electrician
#gambling

This is terrible! The problem could be from inferior wires or improper wiring
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kambols95(m): 10:28am On May 04, 2023
You want to upgrade the building without demolishing it. That simply means you want to give it a facelift. Get a Professional, be it a Builder, Engineer or a Qs to give you the estimate and possibly help you with the supervision

yinkaoke:
Hello guys, please what other options can one employ to develop or upgrade a building without engaging a developer. The building is old with solid clay blocks and need not be demolished and rebuild but just to do upgrade to maintain the one story building. Note the owners has not money for the upgrade and does not want to do developer contract thing?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 10:33am On May 04, 2023
[quote author=diordaves post=122759746][/quote]
Is the nahni/floor trap readily available in the market?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 11:22am On May 04, 2023
Men @ Work.. Another Roofing Project Going on @ Ibadan Oyo State

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP0auQ9PcPg?

Are you Done with your woodwork and in Need of Quality Stone Coated Roofing Sheet? Please Call/WhatsApp 08085310359

Customers satisfaction is our watch word

Romania Design (Brown)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SALLYBERRY01(m): 11:25am On May 04, 2023
Check out this review from a nairalander.
Kindly check out my thread , we have what you looking for , Send us a Dm today , you won’t regret patronizing us.

Contact 08119470142
Instagram: designsbyAtlantic

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Amosaloud(m): 1:59pm On May 04, 2023
yinkaoke:

I am not sure about the scope of renovation you want to carry out but I can outline the steps I followed in my renovation project.
1. I sat down with an architect to conceptualise the ideas and changes I wanted and how I wanted to make use of the space. He then measured the old building and produced a few computer generated images with these ideas and some suggestions of his own. Once we were both in agreement, he produced final drawings for the builders to work with.
2. I got myself a builder/civil engineer (the choice is yours if you just want to use an experienced bricklayer but due to previous experience I opted for a certified builder.
3. I purchased all the materials (your builder will advise you) to meet the various milestones until completion of the project and paid for labour as required.
4. The biggest lesson from all these was making sure the artisans were well supervised. So many corrections had to be made due to deviation from the original plan and in some cases negligence/laziness or just wickedness (I think!). Always let the professionals guide you but also watch your budget. Some may make you do much more than originally planned.
5. The biggest surprise was totalling my expenses and finding out that renovation is not as cheap as they make you believe when you start!
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yinkaoke(f): 2:09pm On May 04, 2023
Thank you so much expecting other suggestions, make una no fall my hand oh
Amosaloud:

I am not sure about the scope of renovation you want to carry out but I can outline the steps I followed in my renovation project.
1. I sat down with an architect to conceptualise the ideas and changes I wanted and how I wanted to make use of the space. He then measured the old building and produced a few computer generated images with these ideas and some suggestions of his own. Once we were both in agreement, he produced final drawings for the builders to work with.
2. I got myself a builder/civil engineer (the choice is yours if you just want to use an experienced bricklayer but due to previous experience I opted for a certified builder.
3. I purchased all the materials (your builder will advise you) to meet the various milestones until completion of the project and paid for labour as required.
4. The biggest lesson from all these was making sure the artisans were well supervised. So many corrections had to be made due to deviation from the original plan and in some cases negligence/laziness or just wickedness (I think!). Always let the professionals guide you but also watch your budget. Some may make you do much more than originally planned.
5. The biggest surprise was totalling my expenses and finding out that renovation is not as cheap as they make you believe when you start!
Good luck.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Pojomojo: 3:13pm On May 04, 2023
EgunMogaji2:

1) Brand names and model numbers of major components

2) Detailed pictures of an actual installation

3) AWG of cables used
Noted.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Pojomojo: 3:14pm On May 04, 2023
EgunMogaji2:

1) Brand names and model numbers of major components

2) Detailed pictures of an actual installation

3) AWG of cables used
Noted. what's AWG?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 3:25pm On May 04, 2023
How old is this building?

Even If you are not remodelling the building, you still need to itemise what and where the upgrade will be.

Hope you are not removing the "solid clay blocks" cos you need to be very careful if there will be any breaking for new openings for doors or windows during the process.

Better get a professional to assist with the new design and engage a builder or engineer in construction works.

yinkaoke:
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 3:28pm On May 04, 2023
FACT. Renovation is not cheap.

Amosaloud:

Good luck.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by visaclick: 4:16pm On May 04, 2023
Aforxzy:

FACT. Removation is not cheap.

my female engineer greetings. Is there a feminine title for female engineers?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 4:18pm On May 04, 2023
I salute.

She engineer 😂

author=visaclick post=122928537] my female engineer greetings. Is there a feminine title for female engineers? [/quote]

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Droyal(f): 4:57pm On May 04, 2023
Thanks everyone
Kolashangone, adedward, gentlesoul83, 9icedaniel for your contributions.

God bless, the building was roofed successfully

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:07pm On May 04, 2023
Pojomojo:
Noted. what's AWG?

“American Wire Gauge
American Wire Gauge (AWG) is the standard way to denote wire size in North America. In AWG, the larger the number, the smaller the wire diameter and thickness.”

Thanks

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 5:50pm On May 04, 2023
Droyal:

Thanks everyone
Kolashangone, adedward, gentlesoul83, 9icedaniel for your contributions.

God bless, the building was roofed successfully
Thanks GOD for that
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:55pm On May 04, 2023
Amosaloud:

Good luck.

Well said Chief
Remolding, Renovation, its not a child play.
We did this for a client here about 5years ago and another one going on right now both are members of this forum.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 5:57pm On May 04, 2023
Currently on this now

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GloriousGbola: 6:44pm On May 04, 2023
EgunMogaji2:

“American Wire Gauge
American Wire Gauge (AWG) is the standard way to denote wire size in North America. In AWG, the larger the number, the smaller the wire diameter and thickness.”

Thanks

freedom unit gang 😛

Why can't y'all be normal and metric like the rest of us 😛

The only thing that measures well in inches is the GloriousG

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:36pm On May 04, 2023
GloriousGbola:

freedom unit gang 😛

Why can't y'all be normal and metric like the rest of us 😛

The only thing that measures well in inches is the GloriousG

😁
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChiefSupplier55(m): 7:51pm On May 04, 2023
Contact me@ 07015190604..08082855462 call me (WhatsApp enable)
Email me@ Danielssolomon550@gmail.com
ON TILES

We have Spanish tiles, Italian tiles, China tiles and Nigerian tiles etc

TYPES OF TILES

Ceramic tiles, porcelain tiles, vetrified tiles, quarrytiles, Bricktiles, stones etc

CATEGORY

Wall and SIZE

COLOR AND SIZE IN TILES:

All available and assorted

Nigerian TILES finally arrive

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Philipok: 7:52pm On May 04, 2023
Still available for ur artwork design,08165523784,or Whatsapp me on 09058432795

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 10:28pm On May 04, 2023
We’ve been contracted to bring this building to life!!!

Pop & wall screeding

6 units of 4 bedroom apartment

Let’s do some nice but simple designs!!!

Talk to us

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 3:55am On May 05, 2023
Gud morning here, it's me ADEDWARD again, I will like to share our current achievement here from the clients in this forum,

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 12:10pm On May 05, 2023
Good day all

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by visaclick: 2:50pm On May 05, 2023
Architectural and structural engineering designs, send in your pm.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 5:03pm On May 05, 2023
Majesto Terraces.

bolu1986:
We’ve been contracted to bring this building to life!!!

Pop & wall screeding

6 units of 4 bedroom apartment

Let’s do some nice but simple designs!!!

Talk to us

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 7:07pm On May 05, 2023
Aforxzy:
Majesto Terraces.

yes Mam
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AAMTiling(m): 7:44am On May 06, 2023
AAMTiling:
We are still in the business of providing topnotch tiles installation services..

Call/Whatsapp: O7O68853073

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 10:15am On May 06, 2023
We woke up to this,

(1) (2) (3) ... (3385) (3386) (3387) (3388) (3389) (3390) (3391) ... (3665) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: baaliyah(m), Rany4all(m), Abbeyb1ack and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.