Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,986 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3390) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4441195 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3387) (3388) (3389) (3390) (3391) (3392) (3393) ... (3678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 9:24am On May 09, 2023
gbadexy:

They definitely didn't put any preservatives in it. Paints with no chemical to preserve to preserve it would spoil and smell within a week.
With good preservatives, it would last for 3 months to a year depending on the type and quantity used.
Gbamsulotely, end of story, The Doyen and Professor Emeritus of Global paints international led by Dr Gbadexy has spoken cool

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 9:34am On May 09, 2023
redgem:

Sir Bolu good morning.... Please do sealed screeding paints get spoilt?

They should last up to 6 month or more…
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 9:50am On May 09, 2023
SALLYBERRY01:
Installation of window blind ongoing in Lagos

Client from Nairaland

Contact 08119470142
Instagram: designsbyAtlantic

Tested ok

Thanks so much for your Quick respond and Neat Job
Still have Alot to do with you!
To all Nairalanders please patronize him
His 100% Legit Just like Money121
If he fuckup please hold me responsible which i know he can't

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 10:13am On May 09, 2023
abouzaid:
can one build a four bedroom all en suite bungalow with two and half million or less? I'm doing a cost analysis and it's looking possible from my analysis. what's your views on that? i would give my analysis later after hearing some of your views. my labourers would be sourced exclusively from the north where labour is extremely cheap and the house would not include any fancy works. details later but lets hear your views first.

Start first

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akerewe(m): 11:43am On May 09, 2023
abouzaid:
can one build a four bedroom all en suite bungalow with two and half million or less? I'm doing a cost analysis and it's looking possible from my analysis. what's your views on that? i would give my analysis later after hearing some of your views. my labourers would be sourced exclusively from the north where labour is extremely cheap and the house would not include any fancy works. details later but lets hear your views first.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 11:46am On May 09, 2023
money121:

Tested ok

Good review!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 12:41pm On May 09, 2023
gbadexy:

They definitely didn't put any preservatives in it. Paints with no chemical to preserve to preserve it would spoil and smell within a week.
With good preservatives, it would last for 3 months to a year depending on the type and quantity used.

Okay Sir, thank you so much... 🙏
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 12:44pm On May 09, 2023
bolu1986:

They should last up to 6 month or more…

Mind at rest, thank you so much 🙏....

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 1:06pm On May 09, 2023
Every material use in paint is called chemical including even the plastic the only thing that keep paint from not smelling is preservative.

A standard emulsion without preservative is expected to be smelling within a week.

A high-quality satin with no preservation is expected to be smelling within one month
Etc.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 1:06pm On May 09, 2023
Akerewe:

U mean 4 bedroom flat or 4 bedroom en suit?
With foundation? 2.5mili? Well like someone said, start first. U mean with roofing or to lintel alone? I don't know how u want do am oo but am sure e no go reach oo!

Let's say,

Digging of foundation =50k cheapest
Blocks 350×3200pcs= 1,120,000
Cement 1000bags ×4500=360,000
Granite 10 tons = 140,000
Filling red sand 50 tons = 100,000 plus laborers
Dues , local government, area boys, Baale, town planning, foundation receipt from the community, minimum & cheapest 300,000k
Sharp sand 15 tons = 80k
Soft sand 15 tons = 60k
Carpenter foundation & lintel = 150,000 cheapest
Workmanship to lintel 200,000 cheapest
Water 50k
Local Iron bars, iron bender & accessories for lintel = 300,000k minimum
And so on and so forth........

Pls if it's possible, ur analysis is needed Nd also the landmark location of the project for reference

That post was made 8years ago and I think it was possible then...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:11pm On May 09, 2023
Not sure if this has made the rounds here, apologies if it has.

Condolences to Lagos investors.

https://twitter.com/realolaudah/status/1655816554049576961?s=46&t=1u-jxItYlTuqWYxu6nKJGg
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SALLYBERRY01(m): 1:16pm On May 09, 2023
money121:

Tested ok

Thank you for your constant patronage , I really appreciate

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Akerewe(m): 2:04pm On May 09, 2023
redgem:

That post was made 8years ago and I think it was possible then...

Didn't check, thanks for the insight
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by acorntree(m): 2:11pm On May 09, 2023
can one use satin paint for a room?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by acorntree(m): 2:12pm On May 09, 2023
Valuepaints20:
Every material use in paint is called chemical including even the plastic the only thing that keep paint from not smelling is preservative.

A standard emulsion without preservative is expected to be smelling within a week.

A high-quality satin with no preservation is expected to be smelling within one month
Etc.

can one paint a room using satin paint
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 2:57pm On May 09, 2023
acorntree:

can one paint a room using satin paint

Sure it's even more good.
But it's advisable the wall should be screeded Or well sandpaper and prime before applying Value paints satin.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 3:31pm On May 09, 2023
EgunMogaji2:
Not sure if this has made the rounds here, apologies if it has.

Condolences to Lagos investors.

https://twitter.com/realolaudah/status/1655816554049576961?s=46&t=1u-jxItYlTuqWYxu6nKJGg
Hmmmm tongue
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by easytig(m): 3:49pm On May 09, 2023
Rather use matte or flat for room,satin has a lil shiny sheen.

Lemme explain the major various sheen to you.
Flat- used for painting the ceiling mostly,it doesn't contain any shiny sheen at all,it doesn't bounce light at all.
Matt- mostly used for living and bedroom wall painting,it does not shine too.
Satin-it shine a little after application on the wall,you see it in banks
Gloss-mostly used in the kitchen tho,it is super shiny after application.
Valuepaints20:

Sure it's even more good.
But it's advisable the wall should be screeded Or well sandpaper and prime before applying Value paints satin.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 4:22pm On May 09, 2023
Good evening guys.
Pls what's best for a porch..... Paint or tiles...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 4:33pm On May 09, 2023
easytig:
Rather use matte or flat for room,satin has a lil shiny sheen.

Lemme explain the major various sheen to you.
Flat- used for painting the ceiling mostly,it doesn't contain any shiny sheen at all,it doesn't bounce light at all.
Matt- mostly used for living and bedroom wall painting,it does not shine too.
Satin-it shine a little after application on the wall,you see it in banks
Gloss-mostly used in the kitchen tho,it is super shiny after application.

Good points sir.

But you see satin and silk is always advisable in interior use either bedroom or sitting rooms. The most important thing the world should be screed so that it will come out with a good finishing.

Matt and WEATHERSHIELD his advice on exterior painting.
But in a situation where a customer wants something due Matt can be used in interior as well.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 4:34pm On May 09, 2023
Valuepaints20:

Good points sir.

But you see satin and silk is always advisable in interior use either bedroom or sitting rooms. The most important thing the world should be screed so that it will come out with a good finishing.

Matt and WEATHERSHIELD his advice on exterior painting.
But in a situation where a customer wants something due Matt can be used in interior as well.

**Wall
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by proengr(m): 6:42pm On May 09, 2023
I'm into building construction contact me for any information about construction, I will reply you.
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 6:45pm On May 09, 2023
HELLO, It's being a while, some nairalanders has been patronizing us. I really appreciate you all and I hope to work for you next time. this here, is part of the work we did for mr komolafe, a nairalander

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 8:01pm On May 09, 2023
cash1115:
HELLO, It's being a while, some nairalanders has been patronizing us. I really appreciate you all and I hope to work for you next time. this here, is part of the work we did for mr komolafe, a nairalander
stop mentioned clients name bro,

Well done ,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 8:53pm On May 09, 2023

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sustyFC: 9:25pm On May 09, 2023
EgunMogaji2:

Thanks but I’ll pass. This penny wise pound foolish has caused some to loose their houses and lives in some situations.

I’m not using no name Chinese off brands in my house. Let alone finance the crap. I’ll rather light candle.
Paying small small does not mean the brand is fake. This is more like trust thing, we wouldn’t have asked you to pay small small if our brand wasn’t good.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by HamtabFawaz2(m): 11:31pm On May 09, 2023
redgem:
Good evening everyone... Please do screeding paint spoil? I bought materials down only to be told that the paint will spoil within a week.

No, as long as it's sealed. (it can't spoil within a week)

I have kept screeding paint for more than a year and it was still intact.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by HamtabFawaz2(m): 11:39pm On May 09, 2023
acorntree:
can one use satin paint for a room?

Yes please.

You can screed, for even better result ✅️
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 11:53pm On May 09, 2023
HamtabFawaz2:

No, as long as it's sealed. (it can't spoil within a week)

I have kept screeding paint for more than a year and it was still intact.

Thanks for the response...I so much appreciate everyone who contributes on this thread, you all are life savers

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gentlesoul83(m): 11:55pm On May 09, 2023
Droyal:

Thanks everyone
Kolashangone, adedward, gentlesoul83, 9icedaniel for your contributions.

God bless, the building was roofed successfully
you are welcome.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 5:51am On May 10, 2023
https://www.nairaland.com/6609728/osinachiadima-global-enterprise-deal-kinds

Pick your quality building materials from us
Such as:
Tiles
Granite
Marble
Sanitary Ware's
Doors
Etc
Email osinachicolins20@gmail.com
Address block 10 shop 16 first floor Agric market orile Coker Odun-ade car wash bus stop badagry express way Lagos Nigeria

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 6:33am On May 10, 2023
We give our best to satisfy our clients, 100%

(1) (2) (3) ... (3387) (3388) (3389) (3390) (3391) (3392) (3393) ... (3678) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: doncafu(m), gimo and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.