Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,361 members, 7,815,774 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3389) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4385361 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3386) (3387) (3388) (3389) (3390) (3391) (3392) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 11:29am On May 06, 2023
Born2conquer:
We woke up to this,
If you do not have building permit walk to their office to get one.DO NOT make the mistake of giving someone small money to let you go along with your work.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abudu2000(m): 11:40am On May 06, 2023
Born2conquer:
We woke up to this,
and i hope that building conforms to all building laws or else you go pay tire. Ogun state is even worse than lagos state on building matters.

Start by getting another architectural drawing with exactly what is on ground then get your taxe clearance ready.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 12:32pm On May 06, 2023
erico2k2:

If you do not have building permit walk to their office to get one.DO NOT make the mistake of giving someone small money to let you go along with your work.
How much should we be looking at for the permit and how long will it take?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 12:33pm On May 06, 2023
Abudu2000:
and i hope that building conforms to all building laws or else you go pay tire. Ogun state is even worse than lagos state on building matters.

Start by getting another architectural drawing with exactly what is on ground then get your taxe clearance ready.
Yes, we didn't encroach and we left enough space between us and the main road
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abudu2000(m): 12:35pm On May 06, 2023
Born2conquer:

don’t worry go to their office first to get your penalty form don’t conclude yet lol.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 12:48pm On May 06, 2023
Droyal:

Thanks everyone
Kolashangone, adedward, gentlesoul83, 9icedaniel for your contributions.

God bless, the building was roofed successfully

You're welcome..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 1:05pm On May 06, 2023
Hello everybody.... Please how many blocks are needed to fence a 50/100? Is it better to mold or to buy? How many bags of cement will be needed to set the blocks? How many trips of sand should one get? Please I need help with this information..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 3:07pm On May 06, 2023

We are the structural engineers on the project.

bolu1986:

yes Mam
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 5:50pm On May 06, 2023
Born2conquer:

Update us too, we plenty for here. smiley smiley smiley cheesy cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olusharp(m): 11:14pm On May 06, 2023
Please between Pipe and Steel burglary which one is the best to use??

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 7:25am On May 07, 2023
Aforxzy:

We are the structural engineers on the project.

Oh beautiful! Well done
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Philipok: 8:34am On May 07, 2023
Still ur favorite art work designer, call or Whatsapp via 09058432795.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 11:25am On May 07, 2023
Born2conquer:

Well the last one I did at PH cost about N500k
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by decatalyst(m): 5:34pm On May 07, 2023
Adedward:
Gud morning house, contact ADEDWARD for ur aluminum windows embedded with burglaries, both 16mm and 12mm

Where is your location?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 6:54pm On May 07, 2023
decatalyst:

Where is your location?
mowe ogun state or agege dopemu Lagos state
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by acorntree(m): 7:47pm On May 07, 2023
Born2conquer:

Do you have survey plan, building plan approved before. if not don't go for now, suspend all work on the site. wait for some months before you go to their office. if you rush to meet them now they will fine you heavily, collect bribe and still ask you to do all necessary documents.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 4:57am On May 08, 2023
acorntree:

Do you have survey plan, building plan approved before. if not don't go for now, suspend all work on the site. wait for some months before you go to their office. if you rush to meet them now they will fine you heavily, collect bribe and still ask you to do all necessary documents.

If there is building plan approval, I doubt they will put the notice.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abudu2000(m): 8:39am On May 08, 2023
Born2conquer:

see eh for even starting work without notifying them, I wonder if your bricklayer gave that advice but if it is him then take him along with you to the office so that when you start paying penalties he can share your pain. You wil spend 1.2m on the minimum but don’t take my word go there first. Did you do a soil test? That is 500k first if it is a storey building. If another scammer officer there still approac you for bribe and you offer him then you are toast. We must rid lagos state of building collapse and bad building practices. You are lucky it is not eti osa your body for tell you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abudu2000(m): 8:41am On May 08, 2023
acorntree:

if they put a notice on any site and they still continue work each day they work there is a penalty fee. Am sure he knows that already.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 11:07am On May 08, 2023
Abudu2000:
see eh for even starting work without notifying them, I wonder if your bricklayer gave that advice but if it is him then take him along with you to the office so that when you start paying penalties he can share your pain. You wil spend 1.2m on the minimum but don’t take my word go there first. Did you do a soil test? That is 500k first if it is a storey building. If another scammer officer there still approac you for bribe and you offer him then you are toast. We must rid lagos state of building collapse and bad building practices. You are lucky it is not eti osa your body for tell you.
It's just a few block of shops built along an already built fence. The shops was built to secure the land.

The land was vacant for a while and some people were already trying to lay claim to the land. We needed to build the shops without crossing the fence line to secure the property.

And it's not in lagos but thanks chief, we will work on it and do the needful
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 12:40pm On May 08, 2023
We deliver quality to your doorstep

Call/WhatsApp Mr.Nas 08163862804

Different from factory value paints

GET VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY...

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 4:22pm On May 08, 2023
For more Enquires Whatsapp 08085310359

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 7:23pm On May 08, 2023
Job Done!!
Another Successful Roofing Project Completed
Site Location: @ Shagamu Ogun STATE

Roof Design :Longspan (Mentral Design)
Colour:Traffic Black
Guage: 0.45mm

To get the Cost that Roofed this Building Call/WhatsApp 08085310359

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PrinceLat(m): 9:16pm On May 08, 2023
Born2conquer:
We woke up to this,

As funny as what I'm about to say sounds, this is what I did, in 2021, this same notice was placed on my building, I'd just finished plastering, they even painted my building with the red paint...... STOP WORK.

I was worried, cos I'd just finished the last money i budgeted for the plastering, and nothing in bank talk less of cash, i didn't touch the paper they pasted on my wall.

Because of no cash, i didn't go to site for like 8 months, a year later i moved in, and nobody has come to knock on my door for anything.

But it's in my plan to do something in the future.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 10:06pm On May 08, 2023
Good evening everyone... Please do screeding paint spoil? I bought materials down only to be told that the paint will spoil within a week.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 11:12pm On May 08, 2023
SMARTCELL DISTILLED WATER & ELECTROLYTES NOW IN STOCK!!

We are still committed to giving you the best quality of distilled water in the industry..

Join us in our price slash promo .. We look forward to working with you

Distilled water 25 Litres = N10,000 PER 25L GALLON (Selling with free 25L Gallon)(BUY 2 GALLONS & GET A 5L FREE)

Distilled water 5 Litres = N2,000 (Selling with free 5L gallon) (PROMO: BUY 12 units get 2 free)

Distilled water 1 Litre (Dozen pack) = N7000 N6000 (PROMO: BUY 12 packs & get 1 free)

Hydrometer = N5,000

Electrolyte 25 Litres = N15,000 (with free 25L Industrial Gallon) .. (BUY 2 GALLONS & GET 5L DISTILLED WATER FREE).

Electrolyte is mixture of sulfuric acid & distilled water having predefined specific gravity or concentration per mol. Smartcell electrolytes maintains 1.245 - 1.275 specific gravity range.

*Distilled H2O Analysis:
*TDS = 0 - 0007 ppm
*PH = 6.8 - 7.0

*APPLICATIONS:
Smartcell distilled water is free of toxins, microbes , pollutants and can be used for:

-Tubular battery periodic top up
- Skin care formulation
- Steam Iron
- Soap making
- Hand sanitizer production
- Cleaning services
- Laboratory
- Automotive radiator Cooling Systems
- Continuous positive airway pressure machines

We're open for dealership discussions. Feel free to reach us via contact details below

*Warehouse Location: Winners estate, Abule-egba , Lagos but can be dispatched to any state on buyers expense...

For further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 6:17am On May 09, 2023
PrinceLat:

As funny as what I'm about to say sounds, this is what I did, in 2021, this same notice was placed on my building, I'd just finished plastering, they even painted my building with the red paint...... STOP WORK.

I was worried, cos I'd just finished the last money i budgeted for the plastering, and nothing in bank talk less of cash, i didn't touch the paper they pasted on my wall.

Because of no cash, i didn't go to site for like 8 months, a year later i moved in, and nobody has come to knock on my door for anything.

But it's in my plan to do something in the future.
Thank you, it's really not easy. We budgeted like 3M for the shops but at at now, we've spent as much as 4.5M on it.

I really wish the government can make approval, CofO, stamp and co to be less expensive maybe that will encourage more people to get them.

The money needed to Get CofO, approval, survey, and co today is almost enough to finish a standard 3 bedroom bungalow. For people that get occasional loans to finish their projects, it's always hard for such people to budget for those levies.

But yeah, we are already working towards solving it. Thanks, chief for your contribution

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SALLYBERRY01(m): 6:28am On May 09, 2023
Installation of window blind ongoing in Lagos

Client from Nairaland

Contact 08119470142
Instagram: designsbyAtlantic

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SALLYBERRY01(m): 6:30am On May 09, 2023
SALLYBERRY01:
Installation of window blind ongoing in Lagos

Client from Nairaland

Contact 08119470142
Instagram: designsbyAtlantic

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 7:57am On May 09, 2023
Let’s get started

Pop & wall screeding

Lekki

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redgem(f): 8:33am On May 09, 2023
bolu1986:
Let’s get started

Pop & wall screeding

Lekki

Sir Bolu good morning.... Please do sealed screeding paints get spoilt?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 9:11am On May 09, 2023
redgem:
Good evening everyone... Please do screeding paint spoil? I bought materials down only to be told that the paint will spoil within a week.
They definitely didn't put any preservatives in it. Paints with no chemical to preserve to preserve it would spoil and smell within a week.
With good preservatives, it would last for 3 months to a year depending on the type and quantity used.

(1) (2) (3) ... (3386) (3387) (3388) (3389) (3390) (3391) (3392) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: obago(m), Stamford007(m), sonnie10 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.