Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3394) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4393584 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3391) (3392) (3393) (3394) (3395) (3396) (3397) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SALLYBERRY01(m): 7:16am On May 15, 2023
Good morning everyone, during the weekend we we are at site for installation of Artificial grass from one of our client here on nairaland , thank you very much for contacting us.

We sell and install Artificial grass available in per sqm and In bundle

Instagram: designsbyAtlantic

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Architectsly: 8:11am On May 15, 2023
jelloh:
I'm in the process of working with my architect to design a simple 4 bedroom bungalow and I need the inputs of the esteemed members of this community. I want to have an open plan living area that combines the living and dining rooms and the kitchen, and I don't want there to be any pillars. This living area will be 32ft long by 28ft wide

My architect is insisting that there must be at least one row of pillars in the middle as well as along the perimeter walls to make up for the reduced walls. I'm fine with pillars in the perimeter walls since they will be hidden but I don't want any pillars in my living room. So what are the most structurally sound and economical options?

So far we have these choices
1. Use thicker roof joists and have a normal wood frame roof
2. Use concrete beams to span the width of the house and mount a normal wood frame roof
3. Use a steel frame roof

Please can you advise me on the best option and what dimensions to use. Thanks a lot in advance. Below is the sketch I gave my architect

Your Architect needs to come out with a design first before you can be advised on what to do. The arrangements and nature of other units like the rooms and possibly the ante room ( if any) would greatly affect the d flexibility of the structure.

Meanwhile what's the size of your plot considering ur exact measurements of 32ft (9.6m) and 28ft (8.4m) of the open units.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SALLYBERRY01(m): 8:18am On May 15, 2023
Double Giant size Luxury Crystal Wall Acrylic Painting/stoned Art Frame (2 in 1)
Unbreakable
Size: 50 by 160cm
Price: 100000
When this design is sold out, it will be written sold out

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by astalover13: 10:39am On May 15, 2023
Hello, a few days ago we had a storm where I am from and I have my house, the fact is that a huge crack has just been created in my house I do not know how to repair it and a friend recommended me to those on the roof page, click here if you want to see them, but the truth is that I do not know anyone who has asked for labor on the internet, someone who can give me advice on how to request a quote so that they do not see my ass face.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:05pm On May 15, 2023
Theanchor:
In fencing a land located along a main road, what's the standard setback from the main road to the fence?

This could be different from various localities.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by visaclick: 12:17pm On May 15, 2023
EgunMogaji2:

This could be different from various localities.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 12:50pm On May 15, 2023
Let’s pipe this mini duplex

Roof by imran!!

Electrical
Cctv
Smart

08051355133 WhatsApp

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by harnuh01(m): 3:38pm On May 15, 2023
Transform your space into a captivating sanctuary with our expert POP design solutions. Whether you're looking to revamp a single room or rejuvenate your entire home, *_QoncaveDesigns_* is here to turn your dreams into reality.

✅ Immerse yourself in personalized designs tailored to your taste and lifestyle.
✅ Unleash the full potential of your space with our creative expertise.
✅ Enhance comfort, functionality, and aesthetics to create a harmonious environment.
✅ Collaborate with our skilled designers to bring your vision to life.

Contact us today on 08131591112 or 07039839972

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kkonsults: 4:09pm On May 15, 2023
Contact us for your Architectural Designs
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 6:54pm On May 15, 2023
toxxnoni:
How many bag of cement will lay 1000 blocks of 9 inches including foundation ?
budget around 40 bags
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by incogni2o: 8:11pm On May 15, 2023
Whitehorse:
Please has any done or has verifiable experience with underground water storage tanks?

I totally dislike those water tank stands as they're an eyesore, so exploring the option of underground water storage tanks.

I found these two designs online. Any thoughts from the experts in the house?

I align with your school of thought, but why not go for a decked roof tank. You could double the roof area to form a terrace too. That's better if you take into account, what it takes to maintain an underground tank.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by unzend: 8:36pm On May 15, 2023
Hi everyone.

So I want to buy just one NEPA metre, then get 4 OEM meters from Jumia or Jiji to keep track of how much power is consumed by each flat.

Does any one have any idea or experience with this?

PS.

I will get the other meters later.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oduncojamaica(m): 11:23pm On May 15, 2023
OEM or Check meter
I asked similar question on this platform,
Engr Topsy replied me with below
unzend:
Hi everyone.

So I want to buy just one NEPA metre, then get 4 OEM meters from Jumia or Jiji to keep track of how much power is consumed by each flat.

PS.

topsy23:

One question for you , do you have individual distribution board/consumer unit for each of the flat. If your answer is yes?

How did distribute/run cable from the prepaid meter to individual distribution board/consumer unit ?

It will only work if you separated feeder cable to each apartment

Again how do want meter the common services like external light, borehole. Are you buying checkmeter for this too

For metering and consumption, the meter will read individual consumption and with that you use it to divide the to unit recharge.

My concern now is that the meter must be recharge and exhausted before you can calculated power consumption for each flat

If it is post paid now, it will be easy to calculate and share the consumption among the tenants
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kayusely70(m): 3:05am On May 16, 2023
How much is 1000 litre water tank
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by unzend: 3:40am On May 16, 2023
oduncojamaica:
OEM or Check meter

Thanks so much for this.

Yes we plan to separate the feeder cables.

Did you try it out?
Do you have any recommendations for the watt meter to buy?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 5:28am On May 16, 2023
toxxnoni:
How many bag of cement will lay 1000 blocks of 9 inches including foundation ?

I would usually work on the basis of about 1.5 per 100 so not more than 15 to 20 I would say.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 5:36am On May 16, 2023
I have done this but connect to a sub meter ( which I got from the UK ) attached to each flat. Can you please give a link to theOEM on Jumia as I need one of this.

The one from the UK is the standard meter used in average dwelling in the UK

https://www.electricaldirect.co.uk/product/pjw-100a-single-phase-digital-check-meter-436268?vat=1&pr=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwsIejBhDOARIsANYqkD3VXPGcO0o0JhC037yO-ZExgztUaUnHEHaxAWIvZQl2zlaa2CNc-VsaAo8rEALw_wcB

I used to get it on eBay less than £15

I once tried on jumia but it was so small it looked like a toy so I returned it.

unzend:
Hi everyone.

PS.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gabbytabby: 5:41am On May 16, 2023
With mine you calculate at anytime and recharge at anytime and it is prepaid.

oduncojamaica:
OEM or Check meter

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 6:05am On May 16, 2023
Born2conquer:
budget around 40 bags

25 blocks for 1 bag
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SALLYBERRY01(m): 7:09am On May 16, 2023
Our thread just hit 5k views on Nairaland thank you all for your patronage and support.

Love ❤️ from ATLANTIC INTERIOR AND EXTERIOR DESIGNS

Check out some of reviews

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AAMTiling(m): 10:43am On May 16, 2023
AAMTiling:
We are still in the business of providing topnotch tiles installation services.

Call/Whatsapp: O7O68853073

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 2:19pm On May 16, 2023
GROWATT ! DISCOUNTED PRICE !!

Growatt hybrid pure sine wave power inverter available.

3kva 24v HVM "inbuilt 50a mppt" ..... 480k
3kva 48v HVM "inbuilt 50a mppt" ..... 490k

3.5kva 48v ES "inbuilt 80a mppt" ...... 590k

5kva 48v ES "inbuilt 100a mppt" ...... 660k

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 3:37pm On May 16, 2023
Let give you the best interior decoration

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oduncojamaica(m): 10:01pm On May 16, 2023
unzend:

Thanks so much for this.

Did you try it out?
Not yet Sir, by his Grace before the year end
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ChiefSupplier55(m): 7:03am On May 17, 2023
Contact me@ 07015190604..08082855462 call me (WhatsApp enable)
Email me@ Danielssolomon550@gmail.com
ON TILES

We have Spanish tiles, Italian tiles, China tiles and Nigerian tiles etc

TYPES OF TILES

Ceramic tiles, porcelain tiles, vetrified tiles, quarrytiles, Bricktiles, stones etc

CATEGORY

Wall and SIZE

COLOR AND SIZE IN TILES:

All available and assorted

Contact me@ 07015190604 08082855462 callnme
Email me@ Danielssolomon550@gmail.com

DOORS
We have China door, Turkey door, German door.

TYPE:
Stainless door
Steel door
American panels door,
Wooden door,
aluminum door,
PVC door

SIZES AND COLOR:
All the usual color and size available and assorted

More assorted for more demand

WE ARE HERE TO DELIVER YOU DEMAND

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 9:11am On May 17, 2023
Kitchen interior design | 📍 Lekki
With built in, side by side fridge, oven and microwave

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gentlesoul83(m): 1:28pm On May 17, 2023
For woods be it
2x2 hardwoods
2x3 hardwoods
2x3 hardwoods
2x6 hardwoods
3x4 hardwoods
All for your roofing wood work available at affordable prices. White woods available as well for your decking.

Please call or WhatsApp us to pertronize or make enquiries 08032339807
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abbeyb1ack: 2:40pm On May 17, 2023
unzend:

Thanks so much for this.

Did you try it out?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PrimeQuay: 4:17pm On May 17, 2023
BrickDevo:

Very clean design.

Kudos
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olumighty123(m): 4:44pm On May 17, 2023
BrickDevo:

Are those wooden tiles on the floor?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PrimeQuay: 6:18pm On May 17, 2023
Good Evening House,

Please how can one clean and polish cement stained tiles without damaging the tiles?

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (3391) (3392) (3393) (3394) (3395) (3396) (3397) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.