Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,790 members, 7,813,613 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (3393) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4379144 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3390) (3391) (3392) (3393) (3394) (3395) (3396) ... (3665) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 5:23pm On May 13, 2023
folmus:

People get liver Hajji M cheesy cheesy

Their liver too thick for me o.
We don use all the land for building we go dey use small space or corridor to put the water tank.. too close to the house sef.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jeanos: 5:25pm On May 13, 2023
Good evening all,
Standing fan for sale,

Condition neatly used not up to 3 months with 2 years warranty.

Price 55k( negotiable).

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by toxxnoni(m): 5:52pm On May 13, 2023
How many bag of cement will lay 1000 blocks of 9 inches including foundation ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 6:28pm On May 13, 2023
mufutau55:

We don use all the land for building we go dey use small space or corridor to put the water tank.. too close to the house sef.

Hajji M.
hmmm, corridor Kee,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 6:41pm On May 13, 2023
visaclick:
you talk too much for an engineer.
As far as this forum is concerned, I would rather say thank you to her. My personal opinion anyway!

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by visaclick: 6:44pm On May 13, 2023
sonnie10:

As far as this forum is concerned, I would rather say thank you to her. My personal opinion anyway!
off course you will thank her for spilling the milk that took her years to learn and cost her parents or whoever trained her in school alot of money. Why can’t an average yahooboy on the street using a lexus answer the same question. The reason why alot of people will remain broke is their inability to leverage their knowledge, they think by talking too much people will appreciate them.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:19pm On May 13, 2023
visaclick:
off course you will thank her for spilling the milk that took her years to learn and cost her parents or whoever trained her in school alot of money. Why can’t an average yahooboy on the street using a lexus answer the same question. The reason why alot of people will remain broke is their inability to leverage their knowledge, they think by talking too much people will appreciate them.
She has more jobs than most people in this forum. Don’t ask me why it is so. And she is not one of those chasing for jobs they can’t do.
Most Nigerians cannot not differentiate between publicly available information and trade secrets. Building set backs are publicly available information. You don’t need an engineering degree to know them.

Lastly , point of correct. She does not talk too much as you said. Go back from page one and check all the shenanigan on this thread, she is not involved in any

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 7:59pm On May 13, 2023
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

It is not just about your house. it could be your neighbor's house and you become victim.

It could be shared public infrastructure.

We need to be more concerned about this

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 8:00pm On May 13, 2023
sonnie10:

I had wanted to comment who else sees something wrong with that comment.

I am glad you have come to the rescue.

These streets explain why some people will prosper and others will forever ask "God why?"

If I needed an engineer, I would pick the lady over and above the guy you quoted.

I am sure I speak for a lot of reasonable people on this thread

18 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Flick490(m): 9:09pm On May 13, 2023
sonnie10:

She has more jobs than most people in this forum. Don’t ask me why it is so. And she is not one of those chasing for jobs they can’t do.
Most Nigerians cannot not differentiate between publicly available information and trade secrets. Building set backs are publicly available information. You don’t need an engineering degree to know them.

Lastly , point of correct. She does not talk too much as you said. Go back from page one and check all the shenanigan on this thread, she is not involved in any

Evening Sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 9:23pm On May 13, 2023
FEGEITOK:

These streets explain why some people will prosper and others will forever ask "God why?"

If I needed an engineer, I would pick the lady over and above the guy you quoted.

One cannot fake competence for long. Good work would always speak for itself. With experience, you can tell who is what, even in the construction industry like ours. Honestly, when you truly know-how, you derive joy in talking about it.
One of the tenets of most progressive professional bodies is for the members to use their knowledge to enlighten the public for public good.

Therefore, if an engineer shares information for building set backs, he/she is contributing to the safety of all of us.
Everything is not about personal gain and money.

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by babadots: 2:08am On May 14, 2023
Folks, I need help again o, does anyone know where I can get this hot water cylinder in Lagos or environ? Any useful information will be appreciated. Thank you

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 3:47am On May 14, 2023
Thanks. I appreciate.

sonnie10:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 3:49am On May 14, 2023
I'm humbled. Many thanks.

FEGEITOK:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 4:59am On May 14, 2023
Osinachiadima global enterprise
Knows as Dfameguy11s is a dealer of building materials such as
Tiles
Marble
Doors
Sanitary Ware'
Etc
We are capable of delivery before payment within Lagos state only
Interested buyers can reach us with above no
07087953771 , 09085212244
Email osinachicolins20@gmail.com
Address block 10 shop 16 first floor Agric market orile Coker Odun-ade car wash bus stop badagry express way Lagos Nigeria
We are the one you can trust for qualitie, etc .

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AAMTiling(m): 7:03am On May 14, 2023
AAMTiling:
We are still in the business of providing topnotch tiles installation services.

Call/Whatsapp: O7O68853073
Happy Sunday
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Flick490(m): 10:02am On May 14, 2023
sonnie10:

Is well
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 10:28am On May 14, 2023
Pop @ affordable price

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jelloh(m): 11:21am On May 14, 2023
I'm in the process of working with my architect to design a simple 4 bedroom bungalow and I need the inputs of the esteemed members of this community. I want to have an open plan living area that combines the living and dining rooms and the kitchen, and I don't want there to be any pillars. This living area will be 32ft long by 28ft wide

My architect is insisting that there must be at least one row of pillars in the middle as well as along the perimeter walls to make up for the reduced walls. I'm fine with pillars in the perimeter walls since they will be hidden but I don't want any pillars in my living room. So what are the most structurally sound and economical options?

So far we have these choices
1. Use thicker roof joists and have a normal wood frame roof
2. Use concrete beams to span the width of the house and mount a normal wood frame roof
3. Use a steel frame roof

Please can you advise me on the best option and what dimensions to use. Thanks a lot in advance. Below is the sketch I gave my architect

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kambols95(m): 1:24pm On May 14, 2023
Amastermovic:
Good Morning if you can supply reinforcement to yaba..contact me ASAP pls note its payment after delivery immediately..

Thanks

How many tonnes and diameter of rebar do you need
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Whitehorse: 2:06pm On May 14, 2023
Please has any done or has verifiable experience with underground water storage tanks?

I totally dislike those water tank stands as they're an eyesore, so exploring the option of underground water storage tanks.

I found these two designs online. Any thoughts from the experts in the house?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 2:09pm On May 14, 2023
jelloh:
I'm in the process of working with my architect to design a simple 4 bedroom bungalow and I need the inputs of the esteemed members of this community. I want to have an open plan living area that combines the living and dining rooms and the kitchen, and I don't want there to be any pillars. This living area will be 32ft long by 28ft wide

My architect is insisting that there must be at least one row of pillars in the middle as well as along the perimeter walls to make up for the reduced walls. I'm fine with pillars in the perimeter walls since they will be hidden but I don't want any pillars in my living room. So what are the most structurally sound and economical options?

2. Use concrete beams to span the width of the house and mount a normal wood frame roof

Please can you advise me on the best option and what dimensions to use. Thanks a lot in advance. Below is the sketch I gave my architect
I'm no expert, but I think with regards to cost and safety, the concrete beams should be your best option. The Structural Engineers in the house would advise you better.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rany4all(m): 2:16pm On May 14, 2023
Whitehorse:
Please has any done or has verifiable experience with underground water storage tanks?

I totally dislike those water tank stands as they're an eyesore, so exploring the option of underground water storage tanks.

There is nothing wrong with any of those designs, as long as you can guarantee steady power supply to run a pressure pump round the clock.

The major problems you'll face are challenges with power and maintenance issues with the pressure pump.

There has to be water in those tanks all the time as well, otherwise you stand the risk of dry running your pressure pump, which may cause damage to the pump easily. This means you'll also need to automate the entire water supply system, by maybe installing a float switch or something to pump water automatically from your borehole to the tanks whenever water level falls below a certain limit.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Flick490(m): 3:57pm On May 14, 2023
sonnie10:

Pls Sir, be merciful and compassionate
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 4:49pm On May 14, 2023
jelloh:

The three options are viable n good to go just that option 3 might be costlier than the two.
What can also be done is to support option one with H-beams(I section) to span across at critical points lenght n breadth wise and you are good to go
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 5:42pm On May 14, 2023
For a bungalow, I would suggest option 2, cos using steel to roof a bungalow can be quite expensive but you will still need internal colum(s) to support the beam.

Why not share the architectural plan so we can see how best to break the span and still have your open living/ kitchen space.

jelloh:

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nwaorlu: 6:00pm On May 14, 2023
Whitehorse:

Where would the pressure come from? It looks more like a storage tank. From my personal experience, you need a pressurized tank that can deliver the water to the level you need it. The tanks are usually small. It will be filled with water from a water pump. As it goes down, the pump will replenish it. This requires constant electricity.
This is my experience.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 7:11pm On May 14, 2023
FEGEITOK:

Absolutely, one of the very few I would give a job to here based on my appraisal over the last 2 years

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 7:23pm On May 14, 2023
Aforxzy:
For a bungalow, I would suggest option 2, cos using steel to roof a bungalow can be quite expensive but you will still need internal colum(s) to support the beam.

Why not share the architectural plan so we can see how best to break the span and still have your open living/ kitchen space.

I just know you will step in. Going through the drawing by the poster, the warehouse you showcased here sometime ago with similar span came to mind.

Now I hope you're not talking too much.

Well done our one and only female engineer. If I were the poster, I will seek your professional help.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:57pm On May 14, 2023
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:57pm On May 14, 2023
Whitehorse:

The first one is the design I’m working on for my potential next build.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 2:06am On May 15, 2023
Gud morning house,

Contact ADEDWARD for ur casement windows tower materials
Grey materials

5mm black glass

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (3390) (3391) (3392) (3393) (3394) (3395) (3396) ... (3665) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ridwando

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.