Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,019 members, 7,838,560 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (583) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4450771 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) ... (3680) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 17, 2017
AngelicBeing:
Your house is more than a Boys - quarter, it is a mansion close to the white house in the US. It is also possible you have a bunker in your villa for storing dollars, pounds, Euros, Bit-coins, Japanese yen, Saudi riyals, with a remote control to your bunker and it is impenetrable & well fortified with electronic gadgets from Japan and also an escalator that takes you from your living room to your bunker, the same thing applies to Egunmogaji grin grin

Thank you Sir, na God and hustle.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 6:59pm On Jan 17, 2017
Qc1:

If you called that big mansion of yours "kobo-kobo", I wonder what you will call standard bungalow? grin grin grin

Ile to ju afin oba lo, eni de be lole so!(your house that is bigger than the King's palace, you have to see to believe!)

@ topic,
I spent about N1.2m when cement was about N2,100/bag. No sooner I finished the plastering the price went back to N1,450/bag. I almost wanted to sue Dangote for refund kia kia!

If I'm not mistaken, 3strikes paid the same.

We thank God o, Oga QC1. I don dey build that house for many years now o... but one day it will be completed.
And imagine now, the cement is like N2300-2400.... abi man go die for trying to build a house?

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 7:01pm On Jan 17, 2017
spyder880:

Wires are the easiest things to steal in a site. It's easier to pilfer than cement or any other thing. The value in the market is high and almost every worker can pull it out of the pipes on the walls. Even other workers not electricians can steal wires.

Leave the wires for last. Just before painting and electrical light fittings.
Thanks a million. Last part makes sense. How about plumbing, that shouldnt be easily robbed right?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 7:01pm On Jan 17, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Thank you Sir, na God and hustle.
mufutau55:

You never cease to amaze me... Thank you Sir.

Hajji M.
You are both welcome, more grease and grace to your efforts cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 7:04pm On Jan 17, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Don't underestimate the ingeniosity of our people at home due to hunger.

They will pull the wires out.

They've stolen casement windows that is already embedded in cement.
Lord have mercy. How I wish there is some SOCIAL ORDER in naija..............smh
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 7:07pm On Jan 17, 2017
Empiree:
I am lost though. Correct me if am wrong. Wiring and piping are in the wall and cemented. How is that possible to steal?.

Currently, mine is fenced and wood gated (temp) but no windows yet. I dont think windows and door are next. I just roofed 2 weeks ago. What do you think I should do now. Windows and doors or plumbing and electric wiring?.

I thought plumbing and electric should come first so i have ordered for quotations. The reason is you said earlier in this post or elsewhere when i sought advice about which should i do first. You said plumbing first before windows to avoid breaking windows. So i have to worry about GBEWIRI now?.

They can even break the windows to get what they want. Right now, my place is surrounded by bushes except for one side

1. They are not going to steal the electrical pipes... the wires is what they are after... so do not pull your wires yet unless you have a burglary and entry and exit doors installed. Wires/cables are very expensive now and are hot cakes. You can buy your wires now and store them, you don't have to install it until the building is safe to do so.

2. Yes O. "Gbewiri guys" will not unpluck your plumbing pipes either... at least you are not installing the toilet seats now. smiley
Yes. You have to worry about them too o.

3. Yes. They can break windows if there is no burglary there now.. but I don't thin anyone will install windows without burglary.

You just have to calculate all the lose and be one step ahead of the "Thieves". And they are everywhere, if your Mai-Guard can collude with the thieves.

All the above are just advise and are not written in stone.

Hajji M.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 7:08pm On Jan 17, 2017
AngelicBeing:
Your house is more than a Boys - quarter, it is a mansion close to the white house in the US. It is also possible you have a bunker in your villa for storing dollars, pounds, Euros, Bit-coins, Japanese yen, Saudi riyals, with a remote control to your bunker and it is impenetrable & well fortified with electronic gadgets from Japan and also an escalator that takes you from your living room to your bunker, the same thing applies to Egunmogaji grin grin
Oooh my Lord. I want to see that mansion of Hajj Mufu nau. Abeg, make him show us na

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 7:09pm On Jan 17, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Imagine that o! Then what can they not do?

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 7:11pm On Jan 17, 2017
3strikes:

LMAO @ the stolen embedded casement window. Hunger na bastard! meaning very soon dem fit they steal complete houses...as in move it from Lekki go Ikeja ......hahahahah...They are constituted thieves

The Tenants don start that o... go ask Mama GabbyTabby... The Tenants wan evict LandLord/LandLady o. smiley

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 7:14pm On Jan 17, 2017
EgunMogaji:

Do they carry out this operation overnight or what?. It should be hell of a work if they attempt this in the daylight and may take long before they comot the casements.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 7:15pm On Jan 17, 2017
Empiree:
Oooh my Lord. I want to see that mansion of Hajj Mufu nau. Abeg, make him show us na

I go show am sooner... stay tuned.

Hajji M.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jan 17, 2017
Empiree:
Do they carry out this operation overnight or what?. It should be hell of a work if they attempt this in the daylight and may take long before they comot the casements.

My area is new site, pretty much secluded.

If I didn't see it myself I wouldn't believe it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 7:34pm On Jan 17, 2017
EgunMogaji:

My area is new site, pretty much secluded.

If I didn't see it myself I wouldn't believe it.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 7:36pm On Jan 17, 2017
mufutau55:

I go show am sooner... stay tuned.

Hajji M.
Cool... pls tag me

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 7:38pm On Jan 17, 2017
Empiree:
grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 8:32pm On Jan 17, 2017
Between Wiring (electrical) and Plumbing installations, which is more expensive regardless of building size?. Which is usually EXPENSIVE?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 9:01pm On Jan 17, 2017

who is the constituted Authority in this case?..........I don tell mine...I dont do court but they will comot with begging sef

mufutau55:

The Tenants don start that o... go ask Mama GabbyTabby... The Tenants wan evict LandLord/LandLady o. smiley

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bugmenot: 9:29pm On Jan 17, 2017

I experienced cable theft firsthand. The thieves pulled out every single cable in the building - all kablemetal. Compound was fenced and gated and there were habited buildings on two sides, bush on one side and a road in front.

In addition to some of the advice here, the sooner you connect to electricity, the better. This way, you may even catch a (roasted) thief.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 9:42pm On Jan 17, 2017
bugmenot:

I experienced cable theft firsthand. The thieves pulled out every single cable in the building - all kablemetal. Compound was fenced and gated and there were habited buildings on two sides, bush on one side and a road in front.

In addition to some of the advice here, the sooner you connect to electricity, the better. This way, you may even catch a (roasted) thief.

Lord have mercy. Despite fence and gate?. I just got my quote for wiring and workmanship. Cost the hell. Can't stand idiots to steal it. That must have cost you dearly man

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 9:50pm On Jan 17, 2017
Bro Beg Egun and Alhaji to give you that broom you can hang above the door. If anyone shows up na to sweep the whole compound for days o.

#justkidding

Empiree:
Lord have mercy. Despite fence and gate?. I just got my quote for wiring and workmanship. Cost the hell. Can't stand idiots to steal it. That must have cost you dearly man

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 17, 2017
Empiree:
Lord have mercy. Despite fence and gate? . I just got my quote for wiring and workmanship. Cost the hell. Can't stand idiots to steal it. That must have cost you dearly man

I'm telling you guys abroad that haven't gone home in a while, be diligent and prepared.

Hunger and desperation dey wella.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 10:06pm On Jan 17, 2017
Chai, nah to wait the day you wan move in to install your wires and cables sure pass now grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Empiree: 10:09pm On Jan 17, 2017
3strikes:

Bro Beg Egun and Alhaji to give you that broom you can hang above the door. If anyone shows up na to sweep the whole compound for days o.

#justkidding

I would prefer cutlass and hoe bcus my compound is bushy every 3 months. Make them cut cut and cut until we reach cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 10:11pm On Jan 17, 2017
bugmenot:

I have been on the lookout for the thieves in every site. These guys can pull out all the wires in an 8 flat house in 6 hours. No noise. No troubles.

The thieves must have experience, this is not the type of heist carried out by outsiders.

You cannot connect electricity too soon unless you hang the fittings. But as soon as you fit switches and sockets, lighting fittings, it becomes very difficult to steal wires. The thieves must have to loosen every screw in and out of every switch or socket before they can free the other end which has been connected to the panel. They might not have the luxury of time to do all these.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jan 17, 2017
spyder880:

I have been on the lookout for the thieves in every site. These guys can pull out all the wires in an 8 flat house in 6 hours. No noise. No troubles.

The thieves must have experience, this is not the type of heist carried out by outsiders.

You cannot connect electricity too soon unless you hang the fittings. But as soon as you fit switches and sockets, lighting fittings, it becomes very difficult to steal wires. The thieves must have to loosen every screw in and out of every switch or socket before they can free the other end which has been connected to the panel. They might not have the luxury of time to do all these.

This is a secondary advantage of American style wiring style.

We staple our wires to our wood framings. No one is removing wires unless they also remove each and every staple grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 10:20pm On Jan 17, 2017
it's been long i enjoy this thread like this o.....What a new year...just be like say everybody don born-again..colorful2017

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jan 17, 2017
3strikes:
it has been long i enjoy this thread like this o.....What a new year...just be like say everybody don born-again..colorful2017

Impressive, isn't it? grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 10:28pm On Jan 17, 2017
I swear! it is. ....Bro How go dey go. I dey see your work o....looking good already. Wish you Godz speed on the next phases

EgunMogaji:

Impressive, isn't it? grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jan 17, 2017
3strikes:

I swear! it is. ....Bro How go dey go. I dey see your work o....looking good already. Wish you Godz speed on the next phases

Thank you, Sir.

I'm trying to slow down because I'm not really ready for home but I need to roof the main house. Those quotes are making me weak in the knees cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 10:42pm On Jan 17, 2017
amanikondo:
Who is the constituted authority here? Good to be back after a long ban.

Dont be bothered, it shows you are saying something "worth the attention"!
Mine lasted almost three months! grin grin

Now, let me welcome you back and ask you to "keep it up"!

I go shout ooo... I go shout plenty-Ooooooooooo (Respects, Fela Anikulapo kuti)

Lastpage!

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 11:09pm On Jan 17, 2017
3strikes:

Nothing like keeping it strict building talk.
Fresh air grin grin grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 11:17pm On Jan 17, 2017
Empiree:
Between Wiring (electrical) and Plumbing installations, which is more expensive regardless of building size?. Which is usually EXPENSIVE?

Wiring! Wiring!! Wiring!!!

Plumbing is bigger in size, heavy, difficult to move and cannot be easily sold

Wiring is smaller in size, more expensive per unit size/weight, you need a lot of it, can be easily moved and if you are stubborn like me and decide to even "put marks" on your cables, it can be stripped and you wont even recognise it if placed in front of you and the internal copper can be melted (and re-used) to completely disguise it! grin

Take the advice as given earlier: Buy your wire NOW and store it where it is safe (where you live now or with trusted people in occupied residence)
Dont do any wiring until you have put-in Iron Doors on ALL External Exits!
Having a "high" Fence and a Gate is a further deterrence, especially in secluded areas.

Finally, wiring would cost you more to replace, as the price keeps rising on a weekly basis, at a faster pace compared to Toilet fittings.

Lastpage!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (580) (581) (582) (583) (584) (585) (586) ... (3680) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: michlins(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.