Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,283 members, 7,836,259 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (646) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4445121 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) ... (3679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:04pm On Mar 19, 2017
EgunMogaji:

None of the fighting involved me. Never wink
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Even me toooo Ohhh, I just dey observe nii
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:07pm On Mar 19, 2017
diordaves:
I'm just being sentimental, I just can't get my head and then heart around using metal doors for internal finish. I have tried but internal metal door na wa. To me it just doesn't look right, it doesn't feel right Why I don't know. I've never used metal internal doors, home and away. No, I will NOT use internal metal doors, even for rental I will NOT.
i dont think metal door is good for internal finish... nice wooden door will be nice.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AngelicBeing: 8:09pm On Mar 19, 2017
erico2k2:

I like that take broom and sweep my compound own, where can I get that one cos I heard it does not need monthly salary grin grin grin grin
There is a babalawo on religious section, l read few of his comments, he claims to be a diviner / Ifa priest and several Forumites have been sending their pictures openly to him for consultation, maybe he can help you with the " broom stuff " Lol grin, which brings me back to the issue of effective, adequate, well co-ordinated security where-ever you choose to build your house because the rate of senseless killings going on daily in Nigeria is sickening & alarming sad
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:15pm On Mar 19, 2017
kopell:
with the internal wooden door are easier, here some locally made doors. Make them spray them to your teste.
These doors will either shrink or expand with change in temperature.I think if the wood where treated then we could eliminate that flaw. my doors have been same for 12 years.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:18pm On Mar 19, 2017
mavverick:
When we unmasked Brabus and exposed what he was really like, has anyone else fallen victim ? Some will say because of 200k, but I hope sensible people can see that its more than that, imagine if brabus was not exposed and was still left to cause havoc !
Some i*iots who were moaning and supporting him then, where are they now ?

True talk grin grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:20pm On Mar 19, 2017
EgunMogaji:

For internal doors, I went with this light metal doors. I believe that they are Chinese made though it wasn't terribly important to me being that it's interior.

They had to be white and this is the only whites that my stockist had in Ibadan.

Just a bit curious, wont this door rust from the inside??
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:23pm On Mar 19, 2017
AngelicBeing:
There is a babalawo on religious section, l read few of his comments, he claims to be a diviner / Ifa priest and several Forumites have been sending their pictures openly to him for consultation, maybe he can help you with the " broom stuff " Lol grin, which brings me back to the issue of effective, adequate, well co-ordinated security where-ever you choose to build your house because the rate of senseless killings going on daily in Nigeria is sickening & alarming sad
nah God hand we all dey.The state of insecurity in Nigeria is mind blowing.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 19, 2017
eebadhan:
This is my second post on this forum, after years of being a silent observer. Unfortunately my experience with HSLBroker will not deter from engaging other artisans on this forum.

For the record, I contracted Hsl in 2015 for my roofing job, the scope of work covered woodwork as well as step tile aluminum roofing sheets.

I really believed this guy was the guru on roofing, owing to all of his previous threads on nairaland, in addition no one had ever complained about his job.

Guess what, my project was a huge disaster. He used the wrong size and type of wood , the spacing between the wood were too wide for step tile aluminium, to cap it all, the wood work was all crooked and uneven along the entire perimeter of the roof.

All these flaws were initially not visible to my novice eyes until they began to install the aluminium, the entire aluminium surface had so much dips and dents, the fascial board were all uneven. When I brought this up to HSL attention, especially the dents on the aluminium, he said as soon as rain falls on the surface of the aluminium it will become plum. It's been two rainy seasons now, the dents have now morphed into craters.

The solution is a new roof, which is really annoying, but more irritating it's the lackadaisical attitude of the contractor, he probably has forgotten about me and my project, but I see that roof everyday, and each time I see it, it makes me very angry.

i lost your number when my phone crashed sir, i will go back there and make amendment on the roof, i'm not here to defend myself but to make straight what is not straight, many of this problem are my workers and majority of them had been sacked and new one that are more professional are on ground, i sent u message already and waiting for your reply. I'm not hear to defend myself like i said early but to take responsibility and make adjustment, thank u sir.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 19, 2017
eebadhan:
This is my second post on this forum, after years of being a silent observer. Unfortunately my experience with HSLBroker will not deter from engaging other artisans on this forum.

For the record, I contracted Hsl in 2015 for my roofing job, the scope of work covered woodwork as well as step tile aluminum roofing sheets.

I really believed this guy was the guru on roofing, owing to all of his previous threads on nairaland, in addition no one had ever complained about his job.

Guess what, my project was a huge disaster. He used the wrong size and type of wood , the spacing between the wood were too wide for step tile aluminium, to cap it all, the wood work was all crooked and uneven along the entire perimeter of the roof.

All these flaws were initially not visible to my novice eyes until they began to install the aluminium, the entire aluminium surface had so much dips and dents, the fascial board were all uneven. When I brought this up to HSL attention, especially the dents on the aluminium, he said as soon as rain falls on the surface of the aluminium it will become plum. It's been two rainy seasons now, the dents have now morphed into craters.

The solution is a new roof, which is really annoying, but more irritating it's the lackadaisical attitude of the contractor, he probably has forgotten about me and my project, but I see that roof everyday, and each time I see it, it makes me very angry.

i lost your number when my phone crashed sir, i will go back there and make amendment on the roof, i'm not here to defend myself but to make straight what is not straight, many of this problem are my workers and majority of them had been sacked and new one that are more professional are on ground, i sent u message already and waiting for your reply. I'm not hear to defend myself like i said early but to take responsibility and make adjustment, thank u sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 19, 2017
erico2k2:

Just a bit curious, wont this door rust from the inside??

I'll find out in due time.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by INTEGRITYA1(m): 8:34pm On Mar 19, 2017
A portion of landed property available for sale in AYOBO RESIDENTIAL SCHEME; Isefun Road, Ipaja Ayobo area of Lagos State.

Proximity to Anchor University in Ayobo / Ipaja (Deeper Life own University)

Five minutes drive to Gold Estate.

Comfortable residential apartment.

Good Road network.

Tittle:
Lagos State letter of confirmation (Subject to verification)

Size:
800 square metres

Price: M6#

For enquiries and inspection call/whatsapp: 08062342001
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:34pm On Mar 19, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I'll find out in due time.
wink.
when are we braking ground for the main yard?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 8:39pm On Mar 19, 2017
Marpol:
Guys apart from PVC and POP what else can one use for the ceiling of a commercial building?

Gypsum boards. Used it for various buildings in UI and Polytechnic ibadan..

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:40pm On Mar 19, 2017
KolaShangOne:

Gypsum boards. Used it for various buildings in UI and Polytechnic ibadan..
These look nice, would they be termed suspended ceilings as well?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 8:46pm On Mar 19, 2017
olumz1:

Not rods this time bro.

60X60X5mm angle iron
50X50X4mm angle iron
z pulline
40X40 angle iron
foundation bolts
angle cleat
electrode
10mm plate
sag rod for brazing

I have a long list if you can either provide your email or telephone number. I'll send you a list.

Thanks

Wow. Are you doing an iron roof for your building?

It's Anti-sag rod for brace and Z purlin..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:46pm On Mar 19, 2017
Well, I love my internal metal doors.

I've used metal, wood and fiberglass doors here in the US on various projects and they all look good to me.

This is the beauty of choices and tastes in home design and building. Some will spend hundreds of thousands on stainless railings which to me looks ghastly since I prefer wrought iron but it's a choice.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:48pm On Mar 19, 2017
erico2k2:

wink.
when are we braking ground for the main yard?

I don't understand you Sir, please explain grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 8:50pm On Mar 19, 2017
yak:
good PM ppl. I want to quickly ask a question.
my landlord just showed me a small piece of land for sale but the said lànd is 36 by 79. wld this land be able to hold 4bedroom bungalow?

Buy it. It will contain it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 19, 2017
Speaking about roofs..

https://www.nairaland.com/3691958/wind-renders-lagos-family-homeless#54752366 <<<---DO NOT click on the link.

WARNING: There's a rather grotesque picture on that thread. You have been warned. Remember, what has been seen cannot be unseen. grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 9:34pm On Mar 19, 2017
EgunMogaji:

I don't understand you Sir, please explain grin
Ok Bross I go package my sef well, I forget say men dey Observe us lol

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 11:11pm On Mar 19, 2017
abunafiu:
My best solar energy harvest in 2017.
I recorded 17.6KWH harvest today.
Fridge and freezer all frozen.
Renewable Energy rules.
Let's all include this in our building design.
Fell free to ask questions.
My house is the only one with light tonight in the hood.

Oga Abu.. congrats on your house..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 11:29pm On Mar 19, 2017
erico2k2:

These look nice, would they be termed suspended ceilings as well?

Yes they're suspended. Doesn't require wood nogging.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abunafiu(m): 11:41pm On Mar 19, 2017
Empiree:
How did you achieve this?. IS this same solar system we have been talking about here?. This is great man
Yes it is.
Very efficient.
Kindly visit the solar thread for more info.

https://www.nairaland.com/390522/solar-energy-complement-fta

This is where it all began.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abunafiu(m): 11:43pm On Mar 19, 2017
amanikondo:

I am interested. How can one starts?

Even though I run an energy company in Ilorin, I suggest you get more info by visiting
You will learn a lot and get answers.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abunafiu(m): 11:51pm On Mar 19, 2017
ice4u999:

What is your average power consumption in day? Total number of air conditioners running during the day and night? Total wattage of your panels and bateries? Thanks
My instateanous power at all times is 500w average.
I also pump (0.5hp) for 2hrs average daily bcoz of neighbors water needs.
When the sun is extra bright and batteries are full, I use my 1000w hot plate to cook lunch at home.
I don't use AC. even though I own a unit of 1hp which drains my battery in 7hrs approx.

My total PV strength is 4000w. Battery is 48v450ah Trojan T105RE. I use a classic 150 mppt controller for efficient charge management. State of the art surge protection devices are also in place to reduce the probability of stories that touch the heart.

I have not been a PHCN subscriber for over a year now.
I bought my batteries in June 2014. Experienced some ups and downs too. But it worth it mehn.

Learn more at
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abunafiu(m): 12:04am On Mar 20, 2017
mavverick:
I know you have written extensively over this, do you have a thread/blog with everything from A - Z, that goes to the point about incorporating this in a design from day 1 and some prerequisites that needs to have been done.

I know I said i will write a blog about building from diaspora, but your own about renewable energy I feel is more important and everyone can relate to.
A dedicated room to house all the gadgets is the first step. Bearing in mind good ventilation.
Make provision for 2 units of distribution boards (Phcn and inverter) . Your electrician should be well skilled in this aspect so he can separate loads based on your preference. The wiring design should be flexible (according to standard ~the use of MCB per final sub-circuit) so that any modification can be easily done with less stress.
Identify where you want the panels to sit on. Car park is my favorite. My cars are parked under the solar wooden stand.
Discuss it in detail with your architects or engineer for robust ideas.
You will never regret going solar.

I don't have a blog.
You can easily refer to the general solar thread for more information.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Qc1(m): 12:08am On Mar 20, 2017
kopell:
with the internal wooden door are easier, here some locally made doors. Make them spray them to your teste.

I need like 4 of those right away, please hook a brother up. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abunafiu(m): 12:08am On Mar 20, 2017
KolaShangOne:

Oga Abu.. congrats on your house..
Thanks very much brother. Your counsel contributed positively to my house. I appreciate your support during the early days.
I still have a long way to go. Been able to tile only a room.
But I thank God for everything. It's just like Magic.
Thanks to Abdulwastecx, Rotech77 and many others too.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Qc1(m): 12:19am On Mar 20, 2017
EgunMogaji:

For internal doors, I went with this light metal doors. I believe that they are Chinese made though it wasn't terribly important to me being that it's interior.

They had to be white and this is the only whites that my stockist had in Ibadan.

EgunMogaji

If I may ask, how much you got those doors, I really need some right now.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:28am On Mar 20, 2017
Qc1:

EgunMogaji

If I may ask, how much you got those doors, I really need some right now.

N30 or N32K in Ibadan for this white one. I left my receipt in my car in Ibadan sorry.

There are cheaper versions of the same basic design at N24K but they are brown and I had to have white.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Qc1(m): 12:33am On Mar 20, 2017
EgunMogaji:

N30 or N32K in Ibadan for this white one. I left my receipt in my car in Ibadan sorry.

There are cheaper versions of the same basic design at N24K but they are brown and I had to have white.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 2:01am On Mar 20, 2017
Qc1:

I need like 4 of those right away, please hook a brother up. Thanks.
Talk to hajji, my was made out of lagos.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (643) (644) (645) (646) (647) (648) (649) ... (3679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.