Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,129 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win (15611 Views)

I Am Lonely (lady) And Want To Get Married Next Year. Introduce Someone Nice 2me / See How Marriage Used To Be Sweet; B4 The Love Of Money Started Scattering Homes / How Sweet! See The Birthday Cake A Wife Gave To Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win by freecocoa(f): 10:06pm On Aug 26, 2015
ApexTitan:

Okay I don't even understand your point here.
Lol, did I read you wrong?grin

You said women always act like their sexuality isn't important to a man, no?
Re: Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win by ApexTitan(m): 10:08pm On Aug 26, 2015
freecocoa:
Lol, did I read you wrong?grin

You said women always act like their sexuality isn't important to a man, no?

Yes. Many women do this.
Re: Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win by freecocoa(f): 10:18pm On Aug 26, 2015
ApexTitan:

Yes. Many women do this.
I'm agreeing with you that it's very important, the best part is that it's not only important to men, women care about a man's sex appeal too.
Re: Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win by Shymm3x: 11:13pm On Aug 26, 2015
Missy89:

Why is it difficult for some guys to ask a girl out thou?.
It is pretty easy and if she says no,just move on!

See gobe! grin How about ask yourself why it's difficult for you to ask a guy out. You should know how crazy you ladies can be sometimes and the type of games you lot play. Not everyone likes being rejected yano. Anyway, if you're too shy to ask him out - just give him the green-light subtly. Then again, even with green-light with some chics - they still act stush and want a nyggah to start chasing them around like a trophy. grin

Just tell him how you feel. I don't think he'll reject you - you're one cute weirdo, with a nice and broad smile...and ya short hair is segzy. The only thing missing is that, "ya behind is NOT a killer..." like gobe looool. Ol'boy is gonna jump at you with open arms. tongue
Re: Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win by Missy89(f): 12:27am On Aug 27, 2015
Shymm3x:

See gobe! grin How about ask yourself why it's difficult for you to ask a guy out. You should know how crazy you ladies can be sometimes and the type of games you lot play. Not everyone likes being rejected yano. Anyway, if you're too shy to ask him out - just give him the green-light subtly. Then again, even with green-light with some chics - they still act stush and want a nyggah to start chasing them around like a trophy. grin

Just tell him how you feel. I don't think he'll reject you - you're one cute weirdo, with a nice and broad smile...and ya short hair is segzy. The only thing missing is that, "ya behind is NOT a killer..." like gobe looool. Ol'boy is gonna jump at you with open arms. tongue

It is against the rule of nature thou. Isnt that a guys duty?

I will give it a shot when i get back to VA in December. Will just e-stalk for now smiley
Re: Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win by Nobody: 2:05am On Aug 27, 2015
Missy89:

Why is it difficult for some guys to ask a girl out thou?.
It is pretty easy and if she says no

The fear of rejection is the reason why guys find it hard to ask a girl out. The failure to attract the deisre of the one you desire. And women don't make it any easier, most rejections are brutal.
Re: Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win by AAinEqGuinea: 3:15am On Aug 27, 2015
Shymm3x:

Word. And that's where the problem lies.

That's the reason why I created the thread. Not trying to take the race route but it's just basically something I noticed. It's like every time I meet an extremely beautiful black chic dating just any type of white guy. I normally ask them in a cheeky way why they're with whoever they're with, since it's obvious that they can do better than that. And it's funny that they all always give the same answers about black guys being violent jailbirds, serial cheaters, and all kinds of negative things.

So you have always question their decision making when it comes to guys, since those are the type of guys they're always attracted to. A lot of run with the perception, but they don't have the mental fortitude to deal with the baggage that comes with it.

Too many men have accepted a misconstrued, almost primal idea of what alpha male is. You have to be healthy and smart to begin. But too many blacks, and "bad boys" of all races, will rely on their charisma alone. Collectively we're starting to think that ultra charisma and mannerisms are all that matters to be alpha, now the women are concretely convinced of this too. Drug dealers, rappers, and athletes are professions with a short shelf life but with the biggest return on instant gratification, but even with their alpha-abundance they almost always go broke and lose their trophy wife and/or children and life to one or another eventual circumstance. imo, Alpha is about survival for the long run... good luck convincing the modern young woman who wants instant proof and gratification over being sold a story of a long-run dream. Now you're forced to play along, giving them the instant gratification they desire.

If you're not dealing drugs, rapping, athletic, or the big bad neighborhood bully then you're like everybody else who want Donald Trump money, wealth.

I can't say that only white people are global shot-callers, but not enough blacks are. Many whites will let someone cuckoid their wife, maybe that guy can feel sort of alpha by doing it, but she's going nowhere. Everyone else in the world is extremely fearful and territorial of that very idea alone. A shot-caller's woman knows that she's with a long-term alpha who could get any woman he wants. I hate to admit it, but that is truly alpha as fuq when you're at that level, and you're still athletic. Most blacks probably won't ever obtain this status so now we're forced struggle and hustle to be "alpha", we'll likely never be comfortably alpha.

our version of alpha isn't working...
Re: Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win by jadelyn007(f): 6:07am On Aug 27, 2015
Ladies prefering to date bad guys over nice guys has to do with the kind of upbringing and kind of guys they grew up with. To them if u are not bad guy, you are a weakling.
I, on the other hand have never had anything to do with bad guys because growing up, my dad, brothers and cousins were nice guys so I came to see nice guys as the ideal.
Infact I have never dated a guy who drinks, smokes or clubs steadily, neither will I even consider dating a guy who treats ladies like disposables. For me it's nice guys over bad guys anytime anyday.

2 Likes

Re: Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win by DollyParton1(f): 6:21am On Aug 27, 2015
Shymm3x:
Lmao...that's the average chic for you regardless of her status/education. They always fall in love with "thugs"/bad boys. Thugs/bad boys necessarily don't mean hoodrats - just folks who are rough around the edges and are a product of their environment.

Academics like Dr. Eric Dyson and Dr. Marc Lamont Hill also fall into that cos regardless of how educated they're - they're still a product of the mean streets of Detroit and Philly respectively. And they'd tell you that off the bat. Ditto folks like Idris Elba and Denzel Washington.

Dollyparton1
Yetseyi
missy89
1bkaye

What do you lot think? And how come you lot always sheg the sweet/nice guys? grin tongue

I came in late to the party.
Shymex, stop the generalisation.
It all depends on individual taste and their perspectives on how an ideal man should be.
Re: Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win by AAinEqGuinea: 8:05am On Aug 27, 2015
jadelyn007:
Ladies prefering to date bad guys over nice guys has to do with the kind of upbringing and kind of guys they grew up with. To them if u are not bad guy, you are a weakling.
I, on the other hand have never had anything to do with bad guys because growing up, my dad, brothers and cousins were nice guys so I came to see nice guys as the ideal.
Infact I have never dated a guy who drinks, smokes or clubs steadily, neither will I even consider dating a guy who treats ladies like disposables. For me it's nice guys over bad guys anytime anyday.

It seems that most women want at least the bare minimum of protection. If I'm Tyrone and I wunna fvck your wife, the man should at least be ready to knock me Tyrone the F out. If you're a gorgeous Black woman on a planet in which many men think they're some variant of alpha, the foundation of your relationship will be tested by other alphas. Not likely to the extreme by Tyrones, but possibly knocking out some other guy who can't take your response of "No I'm taken" as the final answer.
Re: Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win by bukatyne(f): 8:45am On Aug 27, 2015
freecocoa:
Please can you explain these? I find it interesting but can't quite tell qhy yet.cheesy

What part?
Re: Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win by freecocoa(f): 8:47am On Aug 27, 2015
bukatyne:

What part?
The parts quoted.cheesy
Re: Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win by Shymm3x: 9:16am On Aug 27, 2015
Missy89:

It is against the rule of nature thou. Isnt that a guys duty?

I will give it a shot when i get back to VA in December. Will just e-stalk for now smiley

Lol. When did nature start assigning a rule about waiting for what you want to come talk to you, especially in this new age of rabid feminazis and obtuse equality? grin

Where are you now? Still with the US Air Force in Guam?
Re: Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win by Shymm3x: 9:18am On Aug 27, 2015
jadelyn007:

Better get used to it. Just as every guy on this planet has been rejected by a female at least once - every girl has been treated as a disposable by a guy at least once in her lifetime. grin
Re: Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win by Shymm3x: 9:23am On Aug 27, 2015
DollyParton1:

I came in late to the party.
Shymex, stop the generalisation.
It all depends on individual taste and their perspectives on how an ideal man should be.

Did you see the bracket I gave missy and yetseyi on page 2?

I want you to also pick one from each bracket. I wanna gauge something. grin
Re: Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win by Shymm3x: 9:29am On Aug 27, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

Too many men have accepted a misconstrued, almost primal idea of what alpha male is. You have to be healthy and smart to begin. But too many blacks, and "bad boys" of all races, will rely on their charisma alone. Collectively we're starting to think that ultra charisma and mannerisms are all that matters to be alpha, now the women are concretely convinced of this too. Drug dealers, rappers, and athletes are professions with a short shelf life but with the biggest return on instant gratification, but even with their alpha-abundance they almost always go broke and lose their trophy wife and/or children and life to one or another eventual circumstance. imo, Alpha is about survival for the long run... good luck convincing the modern young woman who wants instant proof and gratification over being sold a story of a long-run dream. Now you're forced to play along, giving them the instant gratification they desire.

If you're not dealing drugs, rapping, athletic, or the big bad neighborhood bully then you're like everybody else who want Donald Trump money, wealth.

I can't say that only white people are global shot-callers, but not enough blacks are. Many whites will let someone cuckoid their wife, maybe that guy can feel sort of alpha by doing it, but she's going nowhere. Everyone else in the world is extremely fearful and territorial of that very idea alone. A shot-caller's woman knows that she's with a long-term alpha who could get any woman he wants. I hate to admit it, but that is truly alpha as fuq when you're at that level, and you're still athletic. Most blacks probably won't ever obtain this status so now we're forced struggle and hustle to be "alpha", we'll likely never be comfortably alpha.

our version of alpha isn't working...

I agree with you that it's more of a societal thing and that's also the reason why the whole world is effed up, with zero morals - apart from pretentious and sanctimonious loafers running around.

The same logic with the bad boys vs sweet boys thing is basically the same with how most women prefer materialism to labour. Hence in today's world, there isn't any pride in labour anymore...everyone is basically looking for shortcuts. And if you ain't flossing, ain't no one fvcking with you. grin

1 Like

Re: Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win by yetseyi(f): 12:26pm On Aug 27, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lmao...brother leading another brother is homoerotic. I need innocent ladies to lead me in the path of holiness and righteousness just as Mary Magdalene led the disciples to Jesus grin tongue We're all Jesus people!

The fact that you alluded to ladies preferring Burna boy shows you have got a thing for him as well lol.

Now imagine Burna Boy serenading you with this: "You see my dark shades on like I can’t see/but you know sey me fancy you...Funke Adekunle/Dolapo and Yetunde/Rain rain go away/Me and them girls dem want to play".

Or this:

Awww huuu awww huuu awww huuu/
Said tonight will be your night/
Awww huuu awww oii oiii/
Gotta be doing something right

What would you say? tongue

Ermm brothers can still do the leading , dont corrupt the church girls

Loool I cant even recognize burna boy if meet him on the street.

Even if he serenades me from now till forever it will still be a NO. I wont even batt an eyelid to be honest. Both of them are not my kind its that simple. Understand that there are ladies who have high standards (moral standards) and those you mentioned just don't fit in.

I will say this again its a nice/good guy over a bad guy anytime anyday.

1 Like

Re: Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win by yetseyi(f): 12:31pm On Aug 27, 2015
jadelyn007:
Infact I have never dated a guy who drinks, smokes or clubs neither will I even consider dating a guy who treats ladies like disposables. For me it's nice guys over bad guys anytime anyday.

I share your opinion.
Re: Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win by ApexTitan(m): 12:44pm On Aug 27, 2015
yetseyi:

Even if he serenades me from now till forever it will still be a NO. I wont even batt an eyelid to be honest. Both of them are not my kind its that simple. Understand that there are ladies who have high standards (moral standards) and those you mentioned just don't fit in.

Hahahahaha!

Don't mind Shymm3x, he doesn't know that a man serenading a women with whatever song is already seen as a form of displaying low value. Very un-alpha thing to do. That's the kind of ish the "sweet guys" will do in real life and wonder why they don't get the girls.
Re: Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win by yetseyi(f): 1:08pm On Aug 27, 2015
ApexTitan:

Hahahahaha!

Don't mind Shymm3x, he doesn't know that a man serenading a women with whatever song is already seen as a form of displaying low value. Very un-alpha thing to do. That's the kind of ish the "sweet guys" will do in real life and wonder why they don't get the girls.

Actually I dont think serenading a lady makes a man low value. Yeah sweet guys do it and a girl will appreciate it as a matter of fact they do get the girls. I was referring to the personality of the person serenading.
So an alpha male is not supposed to serenade a female that's interesting.

1 Like

Re: Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win by Shymm3x: 1:32pm On Aug 27, 2015
yetseyi:

Never that - I'm a sweet/nice boy. I just need the modern day Mary Madgalene to lead me to Jesus - that's all. grin

So what are ya standards? I wanna know if the young Ijebu merchant can fit into those standards. Shyte, I'm tryna to meet all standards available on the planet. grin
Re: Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win by ApexTitan(m): 1:49pm On Aug 27, 2015
yetseyi:

Actually I dont think serenading a lady makes a man low value. Yeah sweet guys do it and a girl will appreciate it as a matter of fact they do get the girls. I was referring to the personality of the person serenading.
So an alpha male is not supposed to serenade a female that's interesting.

Eziokwu? Make we hear word. cheesy

In real life any guy who does that will draw the same response a woman gives when she sees a cute puppy. She'll go, "awwww, isn't that sweet." Then she'll friendzone puppy boy. grin

When you see ladies fawning and screeming their heads off for celebs like say Burnaboi it's the social proof and dazzle of his status that is their trigger. I can bet you Burnaboi himself would have noticed a significant spike in the number of girls he can pull since he attained stardom. In his pre-fame days all his serenading would have gone unnoticed by the ladies.

1 Like

Re: Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win by jadelyn007(f): 3:24pm On Aug 27, 2015
Shymm3x:

Better get used to it. Just as every guy on this planet has been rejected by a female at least once - every girl has been treated as a disposable by a guy at least once in her lifetime. grin
lol, fortunately I am very picky when it comes to making male friends so believe me when I say I have never been treated as a disposable rather I've made myself indispensable. I always wish to add value of some sort to every friends life no matter how little.
Re: Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win by jadelyn007(f): 3:34pm On Aug 27, 2015
AAinEqGuinea:

It seems that most women want at least the bare minimum of protection. If I'm Tyrone and I wunna fvck your wife, the man should at least be ready to knock me Tyrone the F out. If you're a gorgeous Black woman on a planet in which many men think they're some variant of alpha, the foundation of your relationship will be tested by other alphas. Not likely to the extreme by Tyrones, but possibly knocking out some other guy who can't take your response of "No I'm taken" as the final answer.
if someone won't take no for an answer and he keeps stalking me I'll get a restraining order against that person.
I wouldn't want my man going physical with someone like Dwayne Johnson or Floyd Mayweather.
Offering protection in a relationship is more than knocking out people
Re: Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win by yetseyi(f): 4:10pm On Aug 27, 2015
ApexTitan:

Eziokwu? Make we hear word. cheesy

In real life any guy who does that will draw the same response a woman gives when she sees a cute puppy. She'll go, "awwww, isn't that sweet." Then she'll friendzone puppy boy. grin

When you see ladies fawning and screeming their heads off for celebs like say Burnaboi it's the social proof and dazzle of his status that is their trigger. I can bet you Burnaboi himself would have noticed a significant spike in the number of girls he can pull since he attained stardom. In his pre-fame days all his serenading would have gone unnoticed by the ladies.

Okaaay but I still dont agree with you. I think you guys should change the kind of ladies you move with, I know a sizeable number of ladies who will NEVER fawn and scream over him. For what- his status,cash or name it. You guys need to broaden your horizons.

So its the fame that makes the serenading relevant.

This kind of mindset odikwa very very risky (hope i got the ibo right) loool.

1 Like

Re: Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win by yetseyi(f): 4:20pm On Aug 27, 2015
Shymm3x:

Never that - I'm a sweet/nice boy. I just need the modern day Mary Madgalene to lead me to Jesus - that's all. grin

So what are ya standards? I wanna know if the young Ijebu merchant can fit into those standards. Shyte, I'm tryna to meet all standards available on the planet. grin

So you are no longer an alpha male? lool and lool. I thought alpha males are never sweet/nice.

Primarily moral standards but then morality is relative. You already have an idea of my kind of moral standards. Check the last paragraph of jadelyn's post I quoted, I made a slight modification though.
Re: Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win by Missy89(f): 5:34pm On Aug 27, 2015
Shymm3x:

Lol. When did nature start assigning a rule about waiting for what you want to come talk to you, especially in this new age of rabid feminazis and obtuse equality? grin

Where are you now? Still with the US Air Force in Guam?

Well we will see. December is almost here. Yes I am still in Gu but not with USAF anymore. Basically work for a PMC now. Gig almost the same like d military days however. little difference.
Re: Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win by Shymm3x: 6:07pm On Aug 27, 2015
jadelyn007:
lol, fortunately I am very picky when it comes to making male friends so believe me when I say I have never been treated as a disposable rather I've made myself indispensable. I always wish to add value of some sort to every friends life no matter how little.

Lol. And the supremely Jade strikes again!! grin You must be sent by an angel from above - I don't envy you. tongue

So you mean no guy has ever cheated on you, dumped up, or treated you like shiit? - that's interesting. lipsrsealed
Re: Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win by Shymm3x: 6:11pm On Aug 27, 2015
yetseyi:

So you are no longer an alpha male? lool and lool. I thought alpha males are never sweet/nice.

Primarily moral standards but then morality is relative. You already have an idea of my kind of moral standards. Check the last paragraph of jadelyn's post I quoted, I made a slight modification though.

Lol. I'm not vain...so I don't know if I'm an alpha male or not. The chics just call me an alpha male and papi chulo. But I do know that once I step into the Church - I'm the sweetest guy ever. grin

Well, that's basically almost every chic's moral standard(s) till they get swept away by the fatal physical attraction and the art of selling a dream. grin

1 Like

Re: Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win by AAinEqGuinea: 6:11pm On Aug 27, 2015
jadelyn007:
if someone won't take no for an answer and he keeps stalking me I'll get a restraining order against that person.
I wouldn't want my man going physical with someone like Dwayne Johnson or Floyd Mayweather.
Offering protection in a relationship is more than knocking out people
the strength to defend your woman is like an insurance policy, it's good to have but you hope to never have to use it. Having this type of assurance helps to focus on the providing other means of protection and stability.

Shymm3x:

I agree with you that it's more of a societal thing and that's also the reason why the whole world is effed up, with zero morals - apart from pretentious and sanctimonious loafers running around.
The same logic with the bad boys vs sweet boys thing is basically the same with how most women prefer materialism to labour. Hence in today's world, there isn't any pride in labour anymore...everyone is basically looking for shortcuts. And if you ain't flossing, ain't no one fvcking with you. grin

On occasion I enjoy getting lost in imagination of what my life in Africa would be like had the ol transatlantic slave trade never existed... where alpha man was defined by the ability to pay a bride price, exchange cattle, family arranged marriages etc, etc... When the part of life of finding companionship was easy.

Today we don't make the rules and our modern woman is not trying to hear how much cattle we know she's worth. The most concerning is that we don't make the rules and the people who do likely don't have our interest and culture in mind. One small example uses an alpha male from Nigeria who works hard to earn money but as of now the naira is worthless by forces he can't control. He works harder than many people we know, but Nigerian women see no "value" in him. Is he still alpha? Is he more or less alpha than skinny yahoos who bank lots of money scamming people? At the very top, the currency exchange defines who's alpha. Are American and the UK men more alpha? Things I consider when someone claims to be alpha.

1 Like

Re: Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win by Shymm3x: 6:15pm On Aug 27, 2015
Missy89:

Well we will see. December is almost here. Yes I am still in Gu but not with USAF anymore. Basically work for a PMC now. Gig almost the same like d military days however. Few difference.

Nice. At least you still get to hang out with the troops. grin

Anyway, let me give you a new tune that should be a nice soundtrack to the Dec. love story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6903zFUIxoU
Re: Female Problems - Why Sweet/nice Guys Seldom Win by DollyParton1(f): 10:55pm On Aug 27, 2015
Shymm3x:

Did you see the bracket I gave missy and yetseyi on page 2?

I want you to also pick one from each bracket. I wanna gauge something. grin

Nah. Too lazy for that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Things You Miss About Life Before Marriage And Children / Men, Would You Consider Being Househusbands? / Happy Birthday Kaboninc!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.